Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River & GFWL

11. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River & GFWL Mar 22, 2011, 16:24 Shataan

I do like the co op angle. I like how it looks like your character can actually move properly speedwise from the 1st pov this time, as apposed to how it felt in the DR demo.

I do not dig, or will not dig this if it doesn`t come out on Steam. I buy all my games there now.

As for not being a sim, np. As much as I loved the original Flashpoint, and ARMA 2, I am REALLY freaking tired of babysitting my A.I.. I just wanna immerse and play a mil combat type game experience. It has to look right, sound right, FEEL right, MOVE right in the 1st pov, and no more micromanaging A.I. ala ARMA 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution Walkthrough Trailer

42. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Walkthrough Trailer Mar 22, 2011, 09:35 Shataan

Dated. And horribley so.  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Announced

32. Re: Tribes: Ascend Announced Mar 11, 2011, 20:30 Shataan

While peeps are mentioning Delta Force.... I gotta say Novalogic hasn`t released a decent game AFTER DF 2. The voxel grass from back then still craps on anything Nova has done to date from great heights!!!!!  

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Announced

26. successor to Tribes 2???? NOT!!! Mar 11, 2011, 19:09 Shataan

T2 sucked ball. What we have been waiting for was a Tribes Remake. As in Tribes 1, updated to new visuals effects. But INTACT! Just a visuals revamp. I predict this new 1 will blow.  

News Comments > Crytek on Crysis 2 Cheating

35. Re: Crytek on Crysis 2 Cheating Mar 10, 2011, 20:36 Shataan

"but on the other hand it sure would be nice to jump into a MP online game and not have to worry about cheaters ruining the experience for all the honest players."

Ya know there was a time when this kinda thing was rare. But that was years ago. The trend now is for peeps to use exploits/hax/whathaveyou.... to get their jollies.

It isn`t even about winning anymore really. The kicker for this particular game, is that Cryo built in just about every cheat possible into the game. IE the Nanosuit. And even with builtin cheats, peeps are still looking for ways to even further demoralize the gameplay.

The only way to get a clean game is to not play Pubs. You need to pretty well handpick your team and those ya wanna play against. As in, ya gotta know them all. This is the world we live in. And years ago when all the crap started, we knew even then it was only gonna get worse.

Personally, I just wish the devs didn`t have to hold players hands, and slap em on the wrist to get em to play nice nice. The game these days is to be an azzhat to everyone. I`d say it all started with having 3 pcs in every home. At least 1 prolly commandeered by someone well under 16. And then? Well 5 to 6 years later, these azzhats grew up.

And now we are forced to babysit=put up with even older azzhats. History doth repeat itself. Oh joy.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer

49. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 2, 2011, 20:00 Shataan

I agree that humans are greedy. But the real power lies with those who have the power to exploit these tendencies. So??? Don`t blame the individual. Blame the power players. Those who exploit. I blame Battlefield 3!!!! So wtf are they gonna exploit me, and release the demo?????  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer

44. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 2, 2011, 18:05 Shataan

Motion capture is REALLY nice. It moves right. The feel is right... well for me anyways. Can`t wait to try the sp campaigne, and co op!  

News Comments > Crysis 2 Invisibility Trailer

12. Re: Crysis 2 Invisibility Trailer Feb 25, 2011, 18:22 Shataan

aaaah more perks for the cheat suit... erm I mean Nanosuit. ;p  

News Comments > F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer

6. Re: F.E.A.R. 3 Trailer Feb 25, 2011, 14:06 Shataan

I still get a chuckle when I remember how the devs blatantly ripped the use of the "Alma Mobley" ghost character from Ghost story, and melded it with the dead wet girl from the Asian horror flicks. hehhehhhehhe

Now they got the "Almaverse"? Sorta sounds like the Underverse from Riddick. ;p A bit of DOOM III mixed in there prolly. The demons thing and all. lol

News Comments > Mexico vs. Call of Juarez: The Cartel

12. Re: Mexico vs. Call of Juarez: The Cartel Feb 21, 2011, 13:04 Shataan

Video games = scapegoat.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Announced

22. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Announced Feb 20, 2011, 11:54 Shataan

I remember when not every house had a 12 to 14 year old with access to a pc or game machine. Back then games were cooler, innovative, way more interesting.... and had some substance and longevity to them.

And then we have what games are like these days. You can`t use shere numbers sold to evaluate how good a game is. Not when ever kid on teh block is just gonna snap the next newest offering irregardless if it is cool or it sucks ball.

In light of this, game devs no longer have to work very hard at developing the coolness. They can sell a game with all of 3 to 5 hours of gameplay. Follow a cookie cutter recipe. Build in tons o cheats. Reward the players good gameplay with perks that totally unbalance the player bases, allowing for some pretty humiliating mp..... the list goes on. They can charge equal or more, and deliver less.

And you wonder why games like Mechwarrior, BattleZone, Tribes, DF/DF2, the list doth go on and on.... are remembered with such fondness.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer

2. Re: Operation Flashpoint: Red River Trailer Feb 18, 2011, 23:52 Shataan

I hope the demo actually uses both GPUs this time.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River in April

13. : Red River in April Feb 18, 2011, 09:21 Shataan

I might grab this 1. Hopefully it won`t feel abysmally slow and unnatural movement wise like Dragon Risings demo felt. Really love the co op angle of this 1. Bring on the Red River demo. If the demo passes inspection it`s a buy. If not? Aaaah well.  

News Comments > Volition Would Kill to Make FreeSpace 3

4. Re: Volition Would Feb 8, 2011, 20:54 Shataan

The Force Feedback joystick effects for FS 2 were amazing.  

News Comments > Crysis 2, H.A.W.X. 2, and DirectX 11

10. Re: Crysis 2, H.A.W.X. 2, and DirectX 11 Jan 27, 2011, 09:21 Shataan

Well marketing B/S aside, they shouldn`t keep waving the DX 11 flag like it is visually all that, cause it is gaming visuals that peeps are upgrading FOR. And when ya wave a flag THAT hard, and not back it up.... then imho what we have here, and I gotta agree, is false misrepresentation.

I myself suckered into upgrading 1 of my PCs for an ATI 5980. Visually there is absolutely no difference in AVP for example between my 295 GTX rig, and the 5980 ATI rig. What a waste. If this is the best dx 11 can deliver, I think we better wait and see what DX 12 has got before upgrading vid cards again.

News Comments > Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Expansion and Patch Released

2. Re: Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Expansion and Patch Released Dec 1, 2010, 16:30 Shataan

Keep away from the Steam version till they fix the bug!!!!!! Content doesn`t install properly = no play!!!  

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?

32. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 11, 2010, 12:15 Shataan

"what really is driving people to Steam"

= convenience

News Comments > Retailers Versus Steam?

8. Re: Retailers Versus Steam? Nov 11, 2010, 10:38 Shataan

I don`t like hunting an entire city for a game upon release. The Retailers do not bring in enough copies, and these days peeps stay home from school or work to get the games. So Steam is nice cause I can pay, and d/l. Done.  

News Comments > Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer

6. Re: Battlefield Play4Free FAQ; Trailer Nov 7, 2010, 14:36 Shataan

On the other hand, you could say some bitches will eat just about anything handed out to em. It ain`t a crime to be picky. hehhehhhehhe  

News Comments > Bad Company 2 Vietnam Flame-Thrower Trailer

6. Re: Bad Company 2 Vietnam Flame-Thrower Trailer Nov 6, 2010, 11:50 Shataan

I love how they try to show the flamethrower as something cool, new, and innovative. LOL Looks like they stole a crapload of textures from Pterodons Vietcong.  

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 21.
< Newer [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ] Older >