Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Funded

3. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Funded Jan 24, 2014, 09:37 Shataan

Kingdom Come.... Kingdom of Heaven. About a Blacksmith who loses all to War? I wonder if his name is Balian? ;p Anyways, I like what I am seeing here.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast

21. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 24, 2014, 01:04 Shataan

Tbh I`d rather have a working co op mode for Skyrim. The vids showing this games online portion look like shiz you`d see in WoW. Think Leeroy Jenkins here. I doubt I am alone in this regard.

The nice thing about the A.I. is.... they always act incharacter.

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast

7. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Voice Cast Jan 23, 2014, 19:33 Shataan

I found the voice acting to be wooden, and lifeless. Really hope they do way better next time.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online and Thief Each Rated "M"

49. why??? Jan 23, 2014, 15:20 Shataan

" but if someone says a swear word, people get all bent out of shape? "

Because of political correctness being taken too far... that's why. There is a reason it is called political correctness. Because it was for politicians to use to get your votes. But some azzhats in the world think it is great for the moaning masses = Joe Public.

The end effect is that it is turning peeps into mindless spineless morons who lack a backbone and the ability to shrug off the petty stuff.

No one can disagree that there are and should be limits to acceptance. But my Gods peeps, absolute 0% tolerance is not the answer either. Peeps need to realize there IS such a thing as moderation. And everything is good, in moderation. Not to mention, it gets to be absolutely no fun reading the Ban Hammer ads on just bout every Server ya join these days.

News Comments > Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out

2. Re: Titanfall Alpha Invites Going Out Jan 16, 2014, 12:11 Shataan

Move along! Nothing to see here!  

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

1. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 14, 2014, 10:58 Shataan

" he described it as an “insurance policy” against future acts of terrorism."

That should read as " he described it as an “insurance policy” against future acts of terrorism that we may or most likely may not identify and avert".

Awesome. Imagine the cost....... and all this cause they might get lucky once in a blue moon. Morons.

News Comments > John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games

35. Exactly.... Jan 9, 2014, 10:29 Shataan

"Why in the world would I want to go backwards to 1/2 1080p"

Imho if TODAY... if today we are talking less than 1920x1080 per eye? Then there is absolutely no point in considering the RIFT.... as far as I am concerned. In a few months I am getting Asus new Swift 2560x1440 120 hz monitor with G Synch. Why would anyone wanna turn back the clock and go backwards with their viewing quality? And if this is the case with the Rift, it is only the case cause they are trying keep production costs down. This didn`t work so well 15 years ago, did it? Nope. But boyos we sure got a cool futuristic looking headache simulator HMD. ;p

A smarter thing for them to do with the Rift would be to re pioneer VR headsets.... and release a better quality view screen setup.... and initially take a loss much like Sony did with the PS3. Look how many PS3s are out in the market now. I have 2. It all depends on what they are actually trying to do in the end. Make a fast buck by cashing in on a VR HMD that ultimately still isn`t ready for prime time? Easily done cause there are loads of fan bois already ready to pony up for the Occulus, even if it doesn`t deliver.

Or are they actually serious, and are gonna deliver an HMD unit that actually delivers, at least 1920x1080 PER EYE!!!?

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Video Diary

15. Re: Alien: Isolation Video Diary Jan 9, 2014, 01:40 Shataan

No offence, but you missed my point. In ANY Aliens game done before, there is always slow times filled with horror moments, and as well action times. JUST like the movies. Ya need both types of moments in a game to know and FEEL the real differences between them.

Ya can`t have too much slow, or too much action. Ya need a good blend between the 2. At any rate, we obviously won`t know till the fat lady sings as far as AI is concerned. But I can already see the writing on the wall.

13. Re: Alien: Isolation Video Diary Jan 9, 2014, 00:30 Shataan

I agree with MadMax. And imho Ripleys daughter who is barely mentioned in the movie.... is not canon. I agree, lazy writing. I am a pretty big fan of the Aliens/Predator thing.... and am way passed pizzed off at what has been done to the franchise. So much so that I hope Rebellion, the original creator of AVP NEVER gets the chance to attempt another after pizzing all over AVP 3 like they did.

As for Gearbox and what they did to A CMs? ALOT of us saw right thru their total marketing B/S from the beginning. They truly put one of the last nails in the coffin lid of the franchise. Thx GB and Sega/FOX... azzholes!!!!

As for Alien Isolation and how good it looks... does the AL()EN/Predator FPS Fan of today who wants and craves action and has been waiting for years for the Definative AL()ENS/Predator Next Gen PC Experience... really wanna don your Space Panties... pack a wrench inhand and go sneaking around for 10 hours? REALLY????

Well, good luck with that.

7. Re: Alien: Isolation Video Diary Jan 8, 2014, 21:10 Shataan

The lone person against a Predator in a PC game... a single Predator imho WOULD work. Because in the movie it works great... albeit Arny had some disposable supporting actors. In Alien, it was not just Ripley. It was a whole crew who had no clue wtf they were up against.

I am not attracted to the idea concept of 1 lone player... a girl character which I loath playing. Think NOLF here. Not to mention Ripleys daughter is as far from canon as you can get. And then you get a what? A wrench?

The only thing I do like is the environment visuals. To me the visuals/sounds/lighting stick out as being very well recreated. But no way am I interested in playing hide and seek with a single Alien for 10+ hours.

I am glad they are creating a game that THEY wanna play. Maybe someday a Dev Team will come along and make the Alien/Predator PC experience, that "I" wanna play.

News Comments > John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games

7. Re: John Carmack Developing Oculus VR Games Jan 8, 2014, 11:56 Shataan

"15 years ago the VR headset technology wasn't advanced enough to blow anyone's skirts up"

It wasn`t that it wasn`t advanced enough. The VR headsets released at that time were just low rez because higher rez view screens were so expensive..... adding too much to the cost to build them. But the real kicker was the high premium prices they sold these low quality units for.

For those prices.... the buyers should have gotten a way better product. But most got low rez pixel hell. What has changed is not so much technology, tho obviously that has changed. It is the much lower costs for the higher rez view screens. That is what it is/was all about. Build costs = money.

Not to mention stuff like TrackIR is VERY popular. It didn`t take a Genius to put 2 and 2 together. It only makes sense to finally marry a VR headset to head tracking.

Back in the day peeps payed ALOT of dough for fancy marketing and a headset that gave them a pixelated mess and headaches.

I hope THIS time when peeps pony up, they are not just getting more of the same.... but an actual product that works as intended.

News Comments > Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking

20. Re: Oculus Rift Adds OLED and Tracking Jan 7, 2014, 23:35 Shataan

I think they may be waiting till the product is just as cool as the marketing they are bombarding us with. Talk is cheap tho. Deeds.... not words. Put up... or shut up.  

News Comments > New GeForce Drivers

9. Re: Browser-related freezing fixed? Jan 7, 2014, 16:06 Shataan

These are great for BF 4 for me.  

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Announced

29. Re: Alien: Isolation Announced Jan 7, 2014, 15:37 Shataan

Even with the Rubber arm/hand... Trespasser rocked.

The last great Aliens game I played was AVP on the Jaguar system. 1 Marine wakes up and has to find a way off the Station. Ya actively had to look for and find PCs in the Base for info on how to proceed.

Back then we didn t need to be spoonfed this info. We searched for it. Guess times AND peeps have changed. ;p

Gearbox blew it with the Squad thing. They should have stuck to basics. Guess no one on the Dev Team knows wtf the KISS concept is.

So GB scroows the pooch with their moron A.I. Squad. And this new aliens game is gonna throw you into the game with 1 Alien? Wtf can`t they quit going too far to the left and right, and just meet somewhere in the middle? Not to mention the story angle is so wack, as much a fan as I am of Aliens/Marines type games.... this new game coming holds no interest. Not to mention it looks dated as fox.

News Comments > BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed

28. Re: BF4 Connectivity Issues; Double XP Postponed Jan 1, 2014, 11:26 Shataan

I need to see a few things fixed with BF 4;

1 if 2 peeps are 4 to 10 feet apart and 1 guy is auto firing full auto and his hits are visually registering.... the other guy getting hit should not be able to dance around thru all this rain of pain, and 1 shot kill the other guy. hit registry needs tweaking, and coin toss balistix needs to amscray.

2 low ground debri collision detection needs tweaking. A lot of peeps when trying to jump over stuff from knee height down... are getting capped while just trying to jump over this low level debri. Needs fixing.

3 The vis quality setting for terrain decoration is totally broken atm. If you go into a map on Ultra Terrain decoration settings.... hit escape. Change to Low, and Redeploy.... you come back into the map and you`ll see tons of beautiful deep grass etc etc etc..... depending on the map that you don`t see on Ultra Terrain Decoration... but you SHOULD be seeing when set to Ultra.

This is broken, and needs to be fixed. Otherwise, I like BF 4 wayyyyyyy better than BF 3.

News Comments > On Sniping in Titanfall

5. Re: On Sniping in Titanfall Dec 31, 2013, 13:26 Shataan

Snipers are not the problem. Too MANY snipers allowed ingame on any 1 side however.... is. Same with vehicles. Ya get too many in a game that is supposed to be more of an onfoot experience, it then generates into a vehicular Quaker, with those who like to go onfoot constantly taking it in the azz.

Everything is good in moderation. Strictly talking BF here. ;p

News Comments > Out of the Blue

6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 28, 2013, 14:33 Shataan

If it such a problem.... then design ways for all the people to get where they need to go efficiently. Like an over or underpass walkway. Roads are designed for cars. But they still have not addressed how to get a lot of people across the roadways. Walkways at traffic lights worked way back in the day...... but not today with the amounts of peoples that need to get somewhere efficiently onfoot.

Today needs are not 100+ years agos needs. Instead of taking the easy way out and cashgrabbing..... design a better system.

News Comments > Titanfall Stryder Trailer

4. Re: Titanfall Stryder Trailer Dec 21, 2013, 16:03 Shataan

Well, I like Stompy Mechs. Hate slidey Mechs. This ain`t no damn VirtuaOn after all. And tbh, I try to never use the way overused "this is COD on" etc etc etc. And I am no Call of Duty fan. I do like 1st person games tho.

I`ll give TitanFall a try. But I really don`t dig mp only games. They are looking to meld in a sp gameplay experience into the mp. This might be cool if it actually works. As big a fan of Mechwarrioras I am, the mp only MWO sucked ball for me. So jury is out whether what they are attempting to do with TF will grab me. Doubtful, cause I still love a good sp campaign experience.

News Comments > Titanfall Stryder Trailer

1. Re: Titanfall Stryder Trailer Dec 21, 2013, 13:53 Shataan

I am not impressed with this Mechs slidestrafe ability, which is a blatant direct ripoff of that ability of the Mechas in Hawken. Freaking hated what they did to Mecha movement in that game.  

News Comments > Elite Dangerous VR Support

28. Re: Elite Dangerous VR Support Dec 21, 2013, 11:45 Shataan

The 3D looking cockpit seems to have nice depth. But the incockpit movement FEEL seems to be missing something. Looks very generic and dated imo. Volitions Freespace 2 for me still had a better sense of speed/movement FEEL. Plus it had amazing FF Effects.

Gotta add that the machineguns firing outside the ship make sounds... lol ... in a space vacuum. hmmmm 3D incockpit and headtracking etc aside, looks very much been there done that.... years ago.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >