Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Games "Our Priority" - LucasArts

33. Re: Star Wars Games Jun 2, 2011, 19:34 Shataan

It sadly amazes me how the likes of LA and M$, the list goes on and on.... how they blatantly refused to deliver updated next gen versions of their games that totally rocked us way back when. The dough is just sitting here waiting. For like..... fuxoring years!!!!!!

WTF is our Next Gen Mechwarriors, our Heavy Gears, our Tribes, Battlezones , our X Wing/Tie Fighters , Jedi Knights...... etc etc etc?????

Inevitably.... they will ALL come crawling on back saying how they are committed to delivering bladda yadda yadda. Well track record be damned, the proof is always in the pudding. I seriously doubt being away from their core buyer base for so long that they can even deliver anything as cool as those awesome games we loved years ago. Love to see em try tho.

The soul of those cool ass games is not JUST a dev teams/Publishers name or game name on a box. If they can`t be sure to deliver, they might as well not even bother. They`d only deliver something pale incomparison.

Take Novas Delta Force as a great example. After DF 2, they repeated failed to deliver a real DF experience. To this very day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines in Spring

15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines in Spring Jun 1, 2011, 19:11 Shataan

Pretty stoked about this announcement, but I REALLY hope we do NOT have to handhold or babysit any A.I.. So the A.I. had better be autonomous.  

News Comments > Futuremark Teases Three Games

13. Re: Futuremark Teases Three Games May 28, 2011, 10:03 Shataan

No actual incockpit view. Meh. Guess we are de evolving back to Quake.  

News Comments > Modern Warfare 3 Survival Mode Detailed

12. hmmmm May 28, 2011, 09:59 Shataan

Let`s see. We need gimmicks to set our game apart from everyone elses. How bout? Kamikaze Soldiers and Exploding dogs!!!??? Yeah that`s the ticket!!! *yawn*  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Retrospective, Part 2

3. Re: Duke Nukem Retrospective, Part 2 May 18, 2011, 09:20 Shataan

I still think anyone actually involved with this supposed game*cough*cough*, should have a nice cup of STFU till they actually release the supposed game.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd [Updated]

18. Re: Duke Nukem Forever First Access Demo on June 3rd [Updated] May 17, 2011, 08:55 Shataan

Sounds like more B/S to me. Peeps who have waited so long for this game, I am not one of them btw, but to not just release a demo? Azzholes.  

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River Sniper Trailer

7. hmmmm May 17, 2011, 08:52 Shataan

it`d be nice if devs used marketing for a decent game. Everything I have seen for RR so far blows. Take the above vid. Ya call that a sniper scope? The guy might as well be using iron sights. Sniper scopes allow for a greater image magnification than what is shown in the vid. Ya might as well grab an M16 and get close enough to insert the rounds manually.

The mocap in some areas is nice, but crap in others. Specificly how the A.I. moves when you move forward. Codey needs some good A.I. coders for sure.

I was looking forward to this 1, but my Gods it does look even worse than DR. Now it is a long wait for BF 3.

News Comments > AvP Sequel Downplayed

22. it`s true..... May 13, 2011, 08:19 Shataan

" It's lacking too much. Not being able to crouch and aim down sights was laughable."

Add to that not being able to just host a server and go in by yourself to check out the maps.

" Sucks because it looked good while sucking."

The Art Design team and Mocap dudes along with the A.I. guys, these were the only part of the team who didn`t drop the ball on AVP 2010. But the game play design guys should be fired, and then flogged.

Rebellion/Sega were morons for letting this 1 die the way it did. It could have been a really cool game. It should have been better than DOOM III. Too bad the licence can`t go to a Developer who actually cares. I mean REALLY cares. Care not being JUST a freaking marketing B/S tactic.

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs

7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs May 8, 2011, 10:18 Shataan

Do ya really believe these peeps are sitting in a cell somewhere paying for their crimes? I wonder how many get hired by the companies they rip off, cause these dudes are smarter than the idiots who the companies hired to keep the bad guys out.

Maybe the particular guy in question is a bit smarter than ya think. Ya just never know.... right?

News Comments > Hawken Video Preview

10. Re: Hawken Video Preview May 6, 2011, 09:22 Shataan

I disagree. This looks pretty Mecha to me. Sort of a Steam Punk look... but cool none the less.

But on Mechwarrior 3, I do agree. That game was THE Mech game that made me truly FEEL I was piloting a Mech. The speed feel, how when ya got knocked down, it felt like we were getting our Mechs to stand up etc.

If Hawken sells well, and I think it will.... we are gonna start seeing some new Mech offerings soon. And to compete with Hawken, they will have to offer as good a Mech experience or better. A win win for us.

News Comments > Hawken Video Preview

1. Re: Hawken Video Preview May 5, 2011, 12:26 Shataan

Yup. It again is taking Indy Devs to 1 up the Big Boys. This will sell amazingly well, and then will come the glut of badly made clones..... Good thing someone is finally breaking new ground, instead of the regurg game dev`ing we have had to endure for so long.

We have been waiting for a real next gen Mech game for like.... ever. Hopefully Hawken will herald in a new Mech game era.

News Comments > Why RAGE Has No Deathmatch

58. agreed.... May 2, 2011, 08:45 Shataan

"Wow, that's a pretty generalized statement."

1st off ya gotta define the term "skillz".

Example. Back in the day I was pretty damn good at DF 2. I had buddies who if they actually played the game as intended by design..... I was easilly their match. But, if they decided to glitch and use exploits they found in the game, no freaking way could I match them.

So, the term "no skillz" is in and of itself, lamer and misleading. VERY few these days play the game as intended. The 1st things they look for are exploits/glitches. And tbh, glitching/exploiting can be described as SKILLZ. Too bad these types invariably get to play with peeps who just wanna immerse and play games AS INTENDED. No glitching, no exploits of any kind.

It is these same peeps who then invariably use the term "ya got no skillz"..... from their 1337 poser position. Somewhere in their twisted world someone told them losing was verbotten, and made them less than human or something. Too bad that Daddy didn`t teach them that losing to a more skilled player is NOT a bad thing, and that keeping your integrity and holding your head high with dignity was the way cooler road to take.

This is not the games fault. It is a problem within society. And game design can`t fix that problem. I gotta lastly say I love co op. Cause it is there that I don`t have to deal with exploits, or glitchers etc etc etc. The enemy A.I. always plays incharacter. They are smart enough to do that. Can`t say that for the average human player these days.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Interview

5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Interview Apr 29, 2011, 09:26 Shataan

I`m just wondering wtf the literal PR bullshi* will stop flowing, and they finally release this game. I mean come on. The B/S is contagious. So much so, now Randy is infected.

The spindoctoring is staggering.

News Comments > Jurassic Park: The Game Delayed

15. Re: Jurassic Park: The Game Delayed Apr 27, 2011, 09:19 Shataan

Hmmmm go figure, yet another could be cool movie licence game concept turned into yet another 3rd pov asscam experience that is gonna again suck ball.

Trespasser was cool btw. I wish they`d do a part 2. You`d think with the horsepower of cards these days, that some dev team would jump at doing a Trespasserlike fps experience. But nope. What do we get?????

Jurassic Park..... the game.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer

21. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 17, 2011, 23:14 Shataan

Show too much to early? If a bit of new footage would be showing too much, can`t be much of a game then. Again, regurg of footage already shown, is leaning towards cheap considering the buildup. Ya don`t reward peeps with already shown footage. *shrugs*

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer

24. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Apr 16, 2011, 14:36 Shataan

Yeah 12 minutes of actual footage we haven`t seen before would be something cool. Regurg footage is, well pretty cheap imho.  

News Comments > Op Ed

5. Re: Op Ed Apr 2, 2011, 22:30 Shataan

The real thieves don`t give a fux. So let`s annoy the crap out of all the law abiding peeps and FORCE them to sit thru that shiz. Ahuh. Real clever.  

News Comments > Hawken Gameplay Trailer

28. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 17:54 Shataan

For me, best actual incockpit mech piloting feel was Mechwarrior 3. But it totally blew monkies terrainlookswise. Best after that was Heavy Gear 2s mp demo.Too bad Activision blew the actual release tho.

That is what happens when the Suits refuse to listen to the Beta Team.

News Comments > Hawken Gameplay Trailer

26. Re: Hawken Gameplay Trailer Mar 31, 2011, 17:47 Shataan

Ya know, as a Mech SIM fan, I and many are more concerned that it LOOKS real, moves REAL, FEELS real. As in enough to suspend disbelief. As usual, peeps read into the term sim and equate it with it not being fun.

On the other hand if you take a mech game and make it feel like quake, then it is just quake with mech skins, which really is not that fun at all for a Mech fan. Mech Assault, would be a good example. Well, that game was Quake/PACMAN . lol

Hawken looks pretty sweet. Especially since it is the 1st real next gen Mech offering to be coming our way.

News Comments > Operation Flashpoint: Red River & GFWL

27. I`m not so sure.... Mar 22, 2011, 19:05 Shataan

"I think you will be perpetually let down."

The only thing that stopped me from getting Dragon Rising, was how odd it felt while moving in the 1st person view. That, and the wierd unnatural looking weap sway. And the "felt like running in quicksand" when moving forward.

They look to have improved these things very nicely in the vids we are seeing so far. As long as the sounds, visuals etc are convincing, I think Red River could be a decent offering for me. Some nice mocap shouldn`t be asking for too much these days considering it is pretty well the game standard now. ;p

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >