Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Released, DRM Removed

11. awesome...... Sep 21, 2011, 18:16 Shataan

a patch released just in time for me to delete it. lol Gonna be playing BF 3 afterall. ;p  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Notes

3. Re: Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Patch Notes Sep 20, 2011, 08:47 Shataan

I don`t see wtf they market a patch so much. I mean, it is JUST a freaking patch. Release it and STFU. My Gods. lolol You`d think by the build up, that it was a game we have been waiting for.... like BF 3.

This must be 1 hell of a special mind blowing patch peeps. oooooh aaahhhhh

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer

4. Re: Battlefield 3 Operation Guillotine Full Trailer Sep 16, 2011, 22:58 Shataan

" and then 29th for everyone else. "

yup, everyone else who pre ordered, and are not in the U.S..

News Comments > Hard Reset Demo

25. Re: Hard Reset Demo Sep 8, 2011, 09:46 Shataan

I love the look. But egads the game itself looks shallow, and uninteresting. Aaah well. Close but......  

News Comments > etc.

9. Re: Vin Diesel's Latest Update On Sep 6, 2011, 19:13 Shataan

Yeah, it is too bad/sad that the Necromonger stuff is not being concluded. Chronicles was THE best of the 2.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Has "Hundreds" of Changes from Alpha

24. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Has Sep 6, 2011, 19:04 Shataan

"Access to the Windows version of the beta will be is guaranteed for those who preorder the game from the Origin Website"

With early access only given to U.S. preorder peeps. Not real happy bout this.

News Comments > Crytek Refutes Working Conditions Accusations

17. well, Sep 5, 2011, 16:04 Shataan

let`s put it this way, if working conditions and employee treatment are pretty good to awesome, you wouldn`t be reading this kinda stuff. And business is cutthroat. No doubt about that.

It takes 2 to tango, and real integrity is truly hard to find these days.

News Comments > Hard Reset Date, Preorders, Specs

8. Re: Hard Reset Date, Preorders, Specs Aug 30, 2011, 08:16 Shataan

Who doesn`t dig the cyber punk look of Blade Runner, or the 5th Element? Love the models too. The weaps? Not so much. And the levels tho seemingly having cool design/models etc. seem dated mouse to cheese..... and the gameplay looks on the vid at least to be more of the same dated fare.

Someone did some really cool visuals design, but this can`t hide /make up for the out of date overall feel. I`ll pass.

News Comments > Hawken Trailer

12. Re: Hawken Trailer Aug 28, 2011, 12:59 Shataan

By Next Gen, I mean the visuals fyi. Just to clarify. And, it IS a Mech game. It`s a game right? Where you pilot Mechs? Not a SIM. But boyos it looks awesome.

And jump jettings right up my alley. I loved using the Hunter in Heavy Gear 2. I don`t know if Hawken will be all that. But, we fans of Mech games HAVE to support it, to send a clear message to Dev teams and Producers.... right?

There IS a market for Mech gaming.

10. Re: Hawken Trailer Aug 28, 2011, 11:41 Shataan

Imo console releases are not worthy of mension compared to PCs. Call it what you will tho. Obviously I am talking bout PCs. I knew about the console releases you mentioned.

There has been no worthy PC game Mech SIM release. Hell, even Mechwarrior 4 is not worthy of mention. Mechwarrior 3, tho it`s maps sucked wind, it at least FEELS like a true Mech piloting SIM.

And like what ya see in Hawken or not, it is THE 1st real Mech type game on the horizon that can actually be called Next Gen. I stand by what I said, the Big Boys got freaking pwn3d by a team of 5 Indys, with little to no budget behind em.

Shame worthy for sure.

3. Re: Hawken Trailer Aug 27, 2011, 22:26 Shataan

Gotta add that I find it odd, sad, dispicable how we went so many years with absolutely no new Mech game developement..... and it took a team of 5 Indy dudes to finally bring a new Mech offering to the table.

Imho, Micro$oft and many others should be hanging their heads in shame..... right about now. There has always been a huge freaking Mech consumer/player base. The money has always been ready to be spent. They had absolutely nothing to lose, and much to gain.

But they dragged their sorry azzes , prolly cause of some moron Suit no doubt.

1. Re: Hawken Trailer Aug 27, 2011, 18:59 Shataan

It`d be a real pity if this game doesn`t include maps in low grav atmospheres. Aka..... Space.  

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 on Steam

149. Re: well.... Aug 8, 2011, 09:14 Shataan

"You're the problem."

Funny how many of you have all the answers, and the fingers always point to everyone else. Like I said, had I had a mulitple choice choice, I`d still have chosen to buy it on Steam. Don`t like my choice? Well suck it up Butter Cup. ;p

Of course, I didn`t get to choose, so I got it on Origin. I don`t buy games at the counter anymore. But whatever......

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 on Steam

130. well.... Aug 7, 2011, 11:43 Shataan

I only pre ordered on Origin cause I had to. Meaning, I was forced to. A big turn off that. Cause I don`t like to be forced to use any 1 method of getting a game. I am pro choice. Had BF 3 come on both Origin and Steam, it would have been Steam all the way. No contest.

Steam feels way more robust and aimed at gaming. Origin is so freaking bland generic, plainly unattractive to the gamer in me. And I really hate seeing a web page opn to join a game. WTF came up with that pure B/S codework?

If we are gonna have to endure Origin, you`d think they make it at least as cool on the eyes, and make their game join thing look like they actually put some thought into it.

News Comments > On Battlefield 3 Unlocks

14. speaks the truth... Aug 6, 2011, 16:57 Shataan

"Pretty sad that we have to have this meta game of unlocking and upgrading our gear."

What gets me as well is how much time is spent to balance the gameplay.... only to have it totally unbalanced by allowing peeps with way different perks or lack thereof, with those who have not leveled up yet. There`s some logic for yas.

For the record, I could care less about unlocks and rewards. Cause the way the system is now, you have to pretty well have no life and just have your gamefreak on 24/7 to get them. Hell, I just got tired after 100 hours and just bought the Specact Kit. My uber fav weap being the M16, and I had to buy it just to get it.

Freaking sad state of gaming affairs.

News Comments > Rambo Game Plans

23. Re: Rambo Game Plans Aug 4, 2011, 23:19 Shataan

Egads!! I can already hear the whiners complaining bout all the Rambo`ing going on. *sniffle* "hey Devss!!! There are way too many Rambos in this games mp!!!"  

News Comments > New Dune Legacy

7. oh really??? Jul 29, 2011, 09:16 Shataan

"a personal shield"

everyone knows the personal shield is good pretty well only around the Keeps. Out in the terrain tho, it can and will summon a Worm. Making shield use pretty stupid. So, yeah while personal shield use MIGHT negate a few things, these can be balanced realisticly compared to the story, and gameplay logicly too. DUNE would have made an awesome FPS imho. Personal shields were used for cqb knife engagements as well.

I`d love to see this kinda thing used in a fsp using F.E.A.R.s bullet time effect. It`d rock. Add in Riddick Butcher Bay type 1st pov cqb type engagements, just for the upclose times.

Wasn`t C&C loosely based upon DUNE? And that eventually did become a FPS right? Correct me anyone if I am wrong.

As for weaps,the Sardaukar and Fremen both used projectile weaps. Paul introduced the weap the Atreides designed using sound. The Wierding way for hand to hand.

It can be done easilly. Hell, game devs juggle these kinda issues all the time.

News Comments > New Dune Legacy

2. Re: New Dune Legacy Jul 29, 2011, 00:49 Shataan

Wtf there is STILL not a fps made in the DUNE universe is anyones guess.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Reference Drivers

5. Re: NVIDIA Beta Reference Drivers Jul 28, 2011, 17:26 Shataan

I`ll wait for the nVidia 595s coming soon.  

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC This Fall

11. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC This Fall Jul 27, 2011, 00:11 Shataan

Ya gotta admire the sheer courage to anyone who`d admit they saved Duke, and brought it to PC..... lol High 5s alround!!!!! Boooyah?  

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >