Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 (MechWarrior Online?) in Summer 2012

15. Really???? Oct 31, 2011, 19:09 Shataan

" So not one publisher looked at that tech demo and thought it would sell?"

Just goes to show ya that the Publishers really don`t have a clue bout just how long we have been nearly begging for a new real Next Gen Mechwarrior. They do NOT know the Mechwarrior or SIM buyer bases.

I as well do not believe aNY dev team or Publishers anymore when they say the game will be PC centric or exclusive. BF 3 was supposed to be PC, yet the sp campaign came to us full consolized.

If.... IF.. if a real Next Gen Mechwarrior ever becomes a reality, I hope it is HEAVY in SIM look and FEEL, but easy to grasp. And, it MUST have an actual incockpit view. No quaker HUD B/S.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Bach on PC Battlefield 3

5. uhuh... Oct 26, 2011, 22:54 Shataan

So after we pushed the limit of tech on the consoles, we consolized the PC version of BF 3. Well, at least the sp PC campaign. Gotta love those button mashing quick time events on PC.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Checklist

1. oh yeah.... Oct 24, 2011, 22:35 Shataan

10 PM release in Canada.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2011, 23:33.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Reviews

48. well.... Oct 24, 2011, 15:49 Shataan

"Name the game that has better gameplay."

I will prolly be ok with BF 3s onrail stuff. But you gotta admit, game devs are relying way too much on cookie cutter game design now. Alot of how they are scripting has been done many times before.

This WILL come back to bite em on the azz. It already is by the sounds of it. Let`s put it this way. After I have played BF 3, I don`t want to see it repackaged again in BF 4. However the Reviews are stating quite a few been there done thats.

I guess if the majority don`t mind paying for the same game, but with new skins....... *shrugs* Good thing there are at least some new visuals elements, and motion etc... in BF 3.

News Comments > MechWarrior 5 This Decade

18. Re: MechWarrior 5 This Decade Oct 18, 2011, 19:52 Shataan

Deeds..... not words. They should just STFU till they got a demo. Until then.... no need to c*cktease.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Infographic

11. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Infographic Oct 18, 2011, 08:35 Shataan

Imo this was not a beta at all. This was a test of the net code/servers. In a Beta you test the whole game. All maps, and the sp game testing as well. This wasn`t a bugfind. The bugs were so bloody easy to find, they sure didn`t need the public player base to find em.

This was purely about server load imo. The real Beta was being tested inhouse. Calling 2 measely maps a Beta is a sham. Of course, we don`t get those kinda Betas anymore, cause you can`t trust the average peeps these days to not leak the whole Beta.

News Comments > RAGE PC Texture Fix Coming

89. The way I see it.... Oct 16, 2011, 10:38 Shataan

They hyped the fox outta this game. Now think about this. The level design AND modelling is freaking amazing... right? Well, these things FORCE us to take a real close look. At least I wanna look at everything closer.

So it is when you take that closer look, that is where the textures let everyone down. Had this been a flight sim or a racing game only, all would be fine and dandy. But, it is an RPGlike fps. Upclose and friendly.

Peeps expected the texture work to at least match the rest of the game. And for the ball to be dropped on PC like this, well it smacks of lazyazz codework, from the peeps you`d LEAST and last expect that to happen with.

If this fix actually comes, I will give the sp game another go JUST to hang around and look closer. It might have a pretty dramatic effect. The difference to me being RAGE outta the gates was more like a water color painting.

After the patch, it might actually look high rez.

News Comments > RAGE Patched

25. Re: RAGE Patched Oct 9, 2011, 16:24 Shataan

"Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled."

many like myself see that the ability to set this in the ingame applet, is msiing.

News Comments > id On RAGE "Cluster!@#$" and Lead Platforms

227. well..... Oct 9, 2011, 10:36 Shataan

"Anyway, I don't think RAGE is a bad game"

No... it`s not bad. I got it running sweet for me partly due to the stickied High Rez tweak at the Steam Rage forum, and the patch update, the visuals are pretty amazing imho. The design. Anything RPGlike is sorta clunky for me, in the navigating inventory areas. Or bringing up weaps easilly.

I got this 1 cause I really had nothing else on the horizon I am interested in cept for maybe BF 3. So I thought I`d give it a go. It is worth a sp playthru I think.

Had Carmack said ahead of the release what he stated bout PCs, I prolly would not have gotten this game.

Imho, not to tell it like it is till after release is f*cking shady. When he was doing the vids they put out to demo for the Press, he = Carmack could have stated his oppinion right then and there. And now that I know.... well, RAGE is my last Id purchase. I am sure Id doesn`t care if they lose sales anyways. Right?

Hopefully by the end of the sp game, it will still feel like a worthwhile buy.

115. well... Oct 8, 2011, 09:37 Shataan

Notice he says all this AFTER peeps are buying the product? He didn`t say anything of this sort before when the game was leading up to release. Next time John? Release it on your prefered platform.

3. Re: id On RAGE Oct 7, 2011, 21:42 Shataan

The real funny thing is..... the game was developed ON the freaking PC. Well, all the spin in the world is not gonna deflect the fact that the PC end was infact a clusterfux. Hopefully, the developer will patch up the PC version to at least acceptable condition.  

News Comments > RAGE Interview

48. about DOOM III... Oct 5, 2011, 09:16 Shataan

Ya know I really liked DOOM III. And it would have been almost perfect for ME accept for 3 things.

1: very tiny freedomless enviros

2: monsters always jumping out from the dark areas, got old very fast

3: the stupid flashlight b/s

Otherwise, that game scared the crap outta me with its atmosphere. Infact, it was the only game I had to force myself to finish. I literally dread to boot it up and play on. lol Not a perfect game by far, but it still delivered. I can`t think of any other similar game that even comes close.

As for Rage, I`d love to buy it. But I gotta have remappable key ability. Till they update the game to allow for remapping, I`ll sit this 1 out.

News Comments > Hacked 128-Player Battlefield 3 Beta Servers

59. hmmmm Oct 2, 2011, 23:01 Shataan

ok right or wrongs aside.... imho game devs are much like Pushers. You can`t get peeps hooked on your game = Crack, and expect them to play nice nice. Ain`t gonna happen. At least not on a wide basis.

That is like telling peeps who like to drink, not to drink. Or better yet? Drink sensibly. ROFLMAO Now I personally do not partake in such nefariousness, but it would be unrealistic not to expect it. Especially in the gaming market.

Law breaking etc, starts at the lowest, and goes on all the way up to our Presidents. Remember this 1? "I did not have sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky"? Or.... "I am not a crook"? Repleat with Peace signing. lol So much for taking the moral high ground. ;p

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers

15. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailers Oct 1, 2011, 02:09 Shataan

I have waited a long time for a closer to movie based Aliens experience. And imho, A CMs looks as good as it is ever going to get. I am ok with that. Being able to co op with some buds is gonna rock. Can`t wait for the Demo.  

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins

87. I stand corrected.... Sep 29, 2011, 19:42 Shataan

you CAN remap the keys. Thank God. Anyways, i was able to remap, and all is right in the universe again. Now, open up the Caspian to everyone.  

News Comments > BF3 Open Beta Begins

70. plain and simply... Sep 29, 2011, 17:20 Shataan

Metro sucks pure azz. It is not a very interesting map imho. And many feel the way I do. It is not indicative of what we are looking forward to.

And WASD as well sucks pure azz. So far, this Beta is not really alot of fun. I might as well wait for final release.

News Comments > MechWarrior Reboot News Nears

27. Well... Sep 29, 2011, 17:17 Shataan

I`ll believe it when and only when I see it. Hopefully we get an actual incockpit view this time, instead of QuakeWarrior 4s crap HUD view.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics Analysis

15. Re: Battlefield 3 Beta Graphics Analysis Sep 27, 2011, 19:41 Shataan

Running the beta nicely. And love it so far accept for the freaking WASD POS controls. I despise WASD. Always have..... always will. Can`t wait for the Final release..... so I can remap asap.  

News Comments > BF3 Beta Early Access Answers

6. hmmmm read the fine print...... Sep 24, 2011, 09:10 Shataan

"Open Beta for Battlefield 3 (Origin Exclusive)
Players who pre-order the game from Origin will be granted early access to the Open Beta for Battlefield 3 when it goes live in September 2011.

Early Beta access is for US PC Download customers only."

U.S PC Download Customers only?

I REALLY hope as a Canadian d/ler, I get Early Access. It is why I pre ordered afterall.

News Comments > Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games

30. Re: Epic Not Working on New Unreal Games Sep 22, 2011, 10:29 Shataan

I miss Unreal Tourney. Damn sweet gaming times were had way back.  

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >