Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Unreal Engine 4 Reveal This Year

26. ya know... Feb 10, 2012, 19:12 Shataan

I have never failed to be impressed with each new Unreal release. And how the Unreal Devs treat the community.... awesomely. They give out the Dev tools and don`t hold the Community ransom.... allowing for some really cool community based mods to be released.

And then you have those Devs who release a game that COULD have rocked harder with some cool mod support. But nope. Can`t do that. It would be a sin to allow release of the engine mod tools in their eyes.

And my God if you were able to release a Mod, they`d jump to kill it asap. Just the kinda Dev/Publisher etc you`d wanna support eh? Not! Sega take note.

Good thing we have Epic to lead the way in this regard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Screenshots

2. Re: Morning Screenshots Feb 10, 2012, 16:21 Shataan

Musta been. Seen it, been there done that. *yawn*

This comment was edited on Feb 10, 2012, 19:16.

News Comments > U.S. Retail Video Game Sales Down 34% in January

3. Re: U.S. Retail Video Game Sales Down 34% in January Feb 9, 2012, 22:27 Shataan

It is more like "build us some cool games and we`ll buy em".

VERY few AAA+ games released these days since all the Indies got swallowed up. There used to be regular title releases back in the day. There used to be good healthy competition for our dollars. Not anymore.

A game dev/Publisher these days can make/release crap (and do), and it sells well because they have literally no competition anymore. Back in the day with competition, we`d get 25+ hours of gameplay. Today we get what?? An onrails no freedom of choice/movement game with all of maybe 5 to 6 hours of sp gameplay. The list goes on.

And now they complain bout sales being down?

News Comments > F2P Hawken in December; Beta Signups

25. Re: agreed.... Feb 8, 2012, 12:19 Shataan

hmmmm never saw that 1. But the panning stuff incockpit let to right and back was hardly what you`d call a split second. This doesn`t move quake fast at all. But as always, ya gotta try it to really know.... right?

If it feels quake fast, even I`d refuse to play it. Cause that is really not my kinda thing. So far it doesn`t look too bad. For what it is.

23. agreed.... Feb 7, 2012, 18:01 Shataan

just rewatched some vids, and it is anything but twitchy. Hope they have some visually varied maps, and desert enviros.... not all in urban settings etc. It`ll be nice to get on the beta. Then we can see how it fares in the feel department.

I love the jump jetting in the vids. HG 2 had that. The jetting adds some skill to piloting as apposed to all onfoot.

19. I`ll give it a go... Feb 7, 2012, 13:04 Shataan

with the Beta.

But it is really starting to to look aged and it isn`t even out yet. I`ll really like to see something between Mechwarrior and Heavy Gear 2... speedwise. But a real incockpit view ala Mechwarrior 3. That kinda look and piloting feel, tho Mech 3 had a decent speed feel as well. It just looked azz...... terrainswise. The Mech 3 Mechs themselves were awesome.

There hasn`t been a mech game to date for PC that made you feel you were actually piloting, than Mechwarrior 3 imho.

I am amazed that we are not seeing a literal glut of new Mech games coming. Peeps have been literally screaming for them for years.

Guess all the dev talent who knew how to do a Mech game fell off the face of the earth.

News Comments > RAGE OS X Released; Windows Version Patched

35. iDs time is over.... Feb 3, 2012, 20:36 Shataan

as far as being able to make a half assed decent game. DOOM III for the most part is prolly their last good game. RAGE is a halfbaked Tech demo. A nice bendover they give their supporters. Thx iD.  

News Comments > SEGA Financials

6. Re: SEGA Financials Feb 3, 2012, 20:31 Shataan

Maybe they better get off their Collective asses and make better games then. Better AVP/AL()ENs games might be a good start.  

News Comments > Timothee Besset Leaves id

23. Well..... Feb 1, 2012, 09:18 Shataan

RAGE just proves that a game dev can hand out shite for 59 bucks, and peeps will keep coming back for more. DOOM III failed for me in 4 ways.

The stupid flashlight regen.
Monsters always in a dark corner jumping out scare tactic, got tired REAL fast
small out door areas
mp sucked ball, 4 player?? Comon.

Otherwise, I got way more sp game/immersion in DOOM III, and I got my moneys worth.

RAGE tho? Everyone who suckered into RAGE should get a 29 buck refund imo. Awesome tech demo, but a budget title at best. If someone wants to buy DOOM IV unseen, have at her. But I`d hope most gamers who bought RAGE will send a clear message back to iD, that they are gonna wait for a sp demo 1st, before even considering anymore iD products.

News Comments > BF3 Patch Plans Summary

28. I call B/S on this 1.... Jan 31, 2012, 23:38 Shataan

"the M16 variants are by far the best engie and assault weapons"

I always use them in pretty well every mil combat game I have ever played. I do not like the ballistics and overall balancing of them in BF 3 tho. I can`t count how many times I meet up with an enemy, and pull the trigger 1st.... when we are between 3 to 6 feet apart, and I end up dying. At this distance, trigger 1st pulled should get the kill.

I use the M16A3 variant mostly. And still can`t say my kills are done with any kind of accuracy/skill. Every kill feels like I got lucky. Now imho this should not be the case. So much for the absolute crap that is DICEs rock paper scizzors weap balancing.

Nope. The M16 variants were crapped upon from great heights and are imo the worst weaps ingame. I just use em cause I like the weap. To my detriment.

News Comments > BF3 Patch Plans Summary

11. Re: BF3 Patch Plans Summary Jan 31, 2012, 14:12 Shataan

"so much rank and weapons perks that a newcomer will stand no chance at all in the game"

I have always thought the overbalancing of weaps and the addition of perks did more to unbalance the game because of the reasons you state. Early on I found that I just couldn`t seem to evade fast enough. But others seemed to run way faster than me.

It took my son to get me to realize I had a speed perk. A speed perk? WTF is up with that?????? Who`d have thought that this is they kinda game crap we`d eventually have to endure from the devs????? Now we gotta sift thru all this crap and balance our Perk usage.

I fondly remember the days when all we had to do, was grab our weap layout, and hit the servers. And the real balancing or lack thereof was determined not by bullcrap rock paper scizzors, but by your guile..... or lack thereof.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up

2. Re: Battlefield 3 Bans Follow-up Jan 30, 2012, 11:01 Shataan

I have seen a handful of actual Hacks being used. Exploiting/glitching tho? Imho Exploiting/glitching is being used on a wider basis. Not much can be done bout this. But whatever.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer

2. you`re kidding.... right? Jan 29, 2012, 11:52 Shataan

Meh.....

GearBux and Sega/FOX are gonna have to do much better than canned CGI to really wow the longtime AL()EN fans.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Delayed to Fall

23. hahahaha Jan 28, 2012, 11:44 Shataan

" We don't want to sacrifice the creative process just for the sake of following a blue print."

Somebody throw Sega and GearBox a shovel.

I am gonna copy and paste this 1. This will be awesome to quote when the time comes. ;p

News Comments > THQ Refocuses - Open Letter

8. hmmmm Jan 25, 2012, 10:35 Shataan

Funny that this huge scroowup wasn`t masked with the excuse.... "we lost all this cash cause of piracy". Cause bad management never happens..... right? I`ll bet you will find this kinda stuff happening at most of these companies to same varying degree. More or less.

Guess upper Management wanted to play Pirate this time. ;p

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Bans Gone Wrong?

23. yeah? Jan 24, 2012, 17:29 Shataan

"I don't like the "I saw you first I win" style of BF3."

True. Ya gotta wonder where the skill really is in BF 3. I mean where it actually comes into play. I am totally surprised by most kills I get. Many kills are had by back shooting. Many by pure luck. Many by proximity. The list goes on. But I can`t remember 1 kill that I could say "yeah, I got this 1 with legit shooting skillz".

This REALLY makes me miss ARMA 2/Rainbow 6 3.... games that actually have a ballistics system not based on coin toss rock paper scizzors. Ya know the games right? The 1s where when you and a dude meet and he is 3 to 6 feet away and you open up 1st HE dies, not you?????

The games where the dev team doesn`t keep constantly rebalancing weaps on the fly.

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software

54. agreed.... Jan 11, 2012, 09:37 Shataan

"Time for them to retire "

A beautiful looking game, doesn`t make a for an awesome immersive sp game experience. Never have I played a game ie RAGE.... that felt so half baked. I figured since DOOM III delivered even with its tight closed enviros, RAGE would be a no brainer.

What we got was a beautiful tech demo. .... that felt very much like iD lost interest 3/4s the way thru. And even tho it had larger seeming enviros, it very much is still a corridor shooter.

RAGE was definately my last iD game. An expensive tech demo small on game, big on marketing bullshit.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed

14. well..... Jan 9, 2012, 13:13 Shataan

I absolutely loved the Jaguar AVP, and the 1st AVP PC. Rebellion did an amazing job considering the PC hardware they had to work with at the time. Hated AVP 2 with a passion.

AVP 2010 could have been and should have been amazing. They were so close. But I am sure Rebellions Suits got an awesome pass the buck reason wtf they pooched their own franchise game that they created.

I give major kudos to the peeps at Rebellion who actually did their jobs well, the animators, texture and lighting artists, level design guys, Lance Henrickson..... the sound guys... even the story writers did some coolness.

Altho, the Predalien end boss fight sucked ball... gotta be honest.

I hope any Suits who allowed AVP 2010 to fail be it at Rebellion or Sega, I hope there is an R.K. beatdown in their Xmas stockings next year.

So far A CMs LOOKS good. I hope they = GearBux don`t blow it.

News Comments > BF2143 Hinted?

27. Really???? Dec 19, 2011, 14:33 Shataan

" The best thing about WW2 as an era for videogames is that there is no goddamned technology to fark things up. "

The furthest back I`d like to play is a Nam game. No offense to peeps who dig ww2, but the era bores the shit out of me. Bolt action weaps? Nope. I prefer Nam. It has sweet terrain visuals ala the jungles, and you still get less than omnipotent weaps.

Plus we still get to use the sexy M16.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Sells 8M

36. Re: Battlefield 3 Sells 8M Nov 30, 2011, 11:25 Shataan

"Metro & Crossing are meat grinder/spam fests with more than 32."

Speaks the truth. I never thought I`d experience quake/Unreal Tourney in a BF game. But I have seen a ton of pure rocket/nade spamfests. And until they get the weap balance right, and the maps, we are prolly gonna see more.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >