Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month

27. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 16:15 Shataan

"N00b. You never skied. "

Aaaah, I chose not to use the skiing exploit. Doesn`t make me a nOOb. And if I played this new Tribes, I doubt I`d use skiing.... cause I still consider it an exploit. But say what ya like.... ya will anyways. ;p

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Next Month

14. Re: Tribes: Ascend Next Month Mar 9, 2012, 13:18 Shataan

I don`t remember Tribes 1 being all that fast at release. A mod came that allowed for unreal speed and the ability to jumpjet without needing a recharge.... but that was way after release. So the term "Tribes is all about speed and movement" kinda loses me.

This new Tribes might be, but the Original wasn`t. The vis quality shown in the vids looks dated. Almost retro. Hopefully the final release looks current. But retains the Originals coolness.

I too loved Unreal Tourney!!!! I hope they release a new UT, and soon.

News Comments > Evening Previews

5. Re: Evening Previews Mar 8, 2012, 23:51 Shataan

When there is an actual demo/product, maybe then they will get my attention. This kinda marketing is something I totally ignore now.  

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Trailer

5. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Trailer Mar 8, 2012, 15:24 Shataan

aaah the excitement. Pop Bin Laden as he is going to the crapper. hahahahaha  

News Comments > Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Trailer

2. Re: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Trailer Mar 8, 2012, 10:30 Shataan

Yup, all the gadgetry looks current, but the actual gameplay looks dated at hell. I`m sure it`ll sell, just not to me.  

News Comments > Three Battlefield 3 Expansions Announced

37. this leaves me out too... Mar 7, 2012, 16:14 Shataan

I don`t like pure CQB scenarios. And I absolutely hate vehicular milquakers. So I`ll wait it out to see what ARMA III has instore. Just about the only things I liked about BF 3 was the motion capture movements, the visuals and sounds. Time to move on.  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Warfighter in October; Preorder Bonuses

10. Re: Medal of Honor Warfighter in October; Preorder Bonuses Mar 7, 2012, 16:10 Shataan

egads.... this starting to feel/look much like the ww2 glut we had to endure. Basic same ol same ol story, different playable character. I bet the CGI scenes will be very similar too.  

News Comments > id on DOOM 4 Images

47. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 13:38 Shataan

"So what's the excuse for the game looking like ass on the PC too?"

Simple. iDs a pure console dev now. Didn`t ya know? PC gamers are gonna get bent over and sent ports from console cause.... "we don`t see PC as the lead platform anymore".

I wonder how that`d fly in reverse? Hmmm we won`t buy their games cause we the gamers don`t see iD as a Lead Dev team anymore. hmmmm

27. I agree... Mar 2, 2012, 10:32 Shataan

"smacks of prepubescence."

Maybe that is the whole problem, cause that is their target market.

16. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 09:57 Shataan

True.

DOOM III relied way too much on the dark corner scares.... it got old/cheap real fast. And yes the flashlight battery crap sucked huge ball. But immersionwise, man it scared the crap outta me. Just the whole vibe. I literally didn`t want to keep pushing on.

And I hope DOOM IV has some less confined spaces, as well as some substantial outddoor areas for sure.

10. Re: id on DOOM 4 Images Mar 2, 2012, 09:50 Shataan

" higher resolution/texture detail " tradeoff....

high rez from a distance, looks like ass upclose. So great for the sightseer, but not so good in a close up enviro.

Whatever. I just hope DOOM IV is more like DOOM III, than RAGE.... as far as actual gameplay is concerned.

"the best they could do with current gen hardware"

Don`t you mean the best they could do with the current gen consoles?

News Comments > Hawken Website and Trailer

2. Re: Hawken Website and Trailer Mar 1, 2012, 22:14 Shataan

Earlier it didn`t seem that twitchy.... but it sure does look that way in this vid. The visuals definately seem to be ramped up a bit from earlier vids.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer

8. Re: MechWarrior Online Trailer Feb 29, 2012, 13:24 Shataan

Ok, where is the real teaser trailer?  

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied

5. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 28, 2012, 22:49 Shataan

After RAGE, DOOM IV would have to be nothing short of mindblowing for me to pop for it. And no, freaking craptastic 4 player mp ala DOOM III..... ain`t gonna cut.

I think iD should close doors and retire.... if RAGE as is was all they could muster.

News Comments > Origin Auto-Adds Steam EA Games

80. agreed..... Feb 28, 2012, 17:48 Shataan

they are breaking the Law. I didn`t give consent to start adding my Steam games to their list B/S.  

News Comments > Hawken Gets $10M in Funding

21. I am starting to.... Feb 27, 2012, 18:56 Shataan

get very disallusioned with having to pay
59 bucks for what basicly amounts to a sub 6 hour
wackoff session.

It seems that the game Devs just can`t produce a proper game release for 59 bucks anymore because the costs of everything has been rising, but the game prices have remained on the low tier.

It has been this way for quite a few years. I`d rather pay 100 bucks for a REAL PC game sans the short sp campaign and lacklustre mp.... than continue putting out 59 bucks for the aforementioned wackoff session games that we have been forced to endure.

Lastly, I don`t think free to play is where it is at either. Leaves em a great excuse for why half a game is released.

News Comments > Sons of Anarchy Game?

24. Re: Sons of Anarchy Game? Feb 27, 2012, 08:53 Shataan

If you could look past your myopic stereotypical profiling view of a supposed Biker.... you`d see they are from all walks of life. ALL.

As for their crimes, your peeps in Government all the way to prolly a few Presidents are just as culpable. Even the Pope is not exempt. How we got a Pope who did time in the Hitler Youth is anyones guess. Remember, power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

This is another reason I don`t shed a tear about Devs crying over piracy. I had a few Dev Buds who worked on some pretty popular games back in the day, and they were not above downloading a leak here and there.

There are 2 worlds, the 1 you wanna see, and the other 1 you either refuse to see, or are too afraid to accept. Ymmv.

As for an SOA game, if it is a fps pov I might give it a go. Anything else is a non consideration.

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Beta Opens Friday

21. Re: Tribes: Ascend Beta Opens Friday Feb 23, 2012, 07:39 Shataan

I highly doubt Ass-end will rival the Original Tribes 1. It`d be cool for the Original players tho if it at least comes close. Imho, only someone who loved and played the crap out of the original way back then, could make decent Tribes revamp.

All Tribes 1 would need is a graphics update. Just remake it. Maybe update to mocap movements. Beefier sounds as well. Done. But someone is always gonna try to make their take ON Tribes. If it ain`t broke, don`t fix it.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 in September

19. CGI crap.... as always Feb 16, 2012, 09:16 Shataan

If this game ain`t anything like Farcry 1, then it is a no buy for me. FarCry 2 sucked pure azz!!!!! A waste of money for sure. FarCry 1 was for the most part pretty amazing. They should go back to that recipe.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Countdown

12. really? Feb 14, 2012, 20:38 Shataan

" and we've gone from utterly nothing for a decade to 3 new titles "

3 new titles = absolutely nothing imo. This just goes to show you how stupid the Marketers are. There has always been a huge untapped buyer market for Mech games.

Excitement doesn`t need to be generated. What they NEED to do is actually get to work on actual Mech games. It would be money better spent. We dont need "look what we may be making". We need " look what we are actually making.... a Mechwarrior game!!!".

Till then this shiz is nothing but vapourwhere.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >