Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Gameplay Trailer

9. hmmm.... Apr 26, 2012, 10:04 Shataan

"I think things are lookin' up all around on the Mech front"

Now the long wait is on for a Mech SIM to arrive that actually rocks. And that could take awhile.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Tribes Ascend: Launches

8. Re: Tribes Ascend: Launches Apr 12, 2012, 15:40 Shataan

" I was a beta tester and I just couldn't get into this game. It didn't really feel like a Tribes game to me. When I played the original two games, skiing was just an exploit that was very uncommon"

I remember Tribes 1. It was awesome back in the day. I highly doubt it will ever be eclipsed.

News Comments > Morning Previews

1. ahuh.... Apr 10, 2012, 22:17 Shataan

"Itís also clear that Pitchford and Gearbox are huge fans of the original Alien property. Then again, they were reportedly big Duke Nukem fans, and that one didnít pan out too well."

Finally, a Previewer who tells it like it is. Hopefully this isn`t just another console to PC port.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Pachter on Other People's Opinions

19. ya gotta love it eh? Apr 9, 2012, 12:46 Shataan

" The very fact that he condescends to the fans, the paying customers, by referring to them as entitled whiners"

gotta wonder at this kind of mentality... Game Devs and Publishers/Marketing peeps etc, all feel it is A Ok to cash in on fan excitement over say.... an AVP or Aliens game.... for example.

And then when THEY fux over the game by adding something totally moronic like console control schemes or forced 3rd views... altho THEY think it`s cool..... and after the fans get it they start to justifiably critique the game both pos and negs.... and then the fans get labelled "entitled whiners".

You can bet just about EVERY Game Dev etc etc etc type out there feels this way about their Buyer base. Which is ok, cause I think even less of them.

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Encounters Footage

5. Re: Battlefield 3: Close Encounters Footage Apr 8, 2012, 17:41 Shataan

Can`t understand why the hate??? I can`t understand wtf DICE made a wide open terrain BF game, and balanced it to be freaking Quakerfast. And then. It already feels CQB all the time. No matter the map size.

And now the release CounterField 3 maps for the CQB kiddies? Boggles the mind.

News Comments > SEGA Cutting Jobs, Games

7. Re: SEGA Cutting Jobs, Games Mar 31, 2012, 01:14 Shataan

When Rebellion openly admits their AVP 2010 was only as good as the Deal given to them by Sega.... you can only guess how good A CMs will turn out. That was their excuse for why AVP 2010 didn`t live up to the hype.

Now, look close at how hard Randy Pitchford flogged Duke Nukems log. "We love Duke, it`ll be the 2nd coming of Christ" etc etc etc. And look at how utterly ASS that game turned out. And peeps wonder why I think A CMs is gonna get bent over by either GearBux, or Sega.... or both.

News Comments > SEGA Cutting Jobs, Games

2. Re: SEGA Cutting Jobs, Games Mar 30, 2012, 21:22 Shataan

It would suck ass, but I fully expect Sega to cut Aliens Col. Marines as well. It would be something they`d do. I wouldn`t put it past em.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 PC Patched

10. Re: Battlefield 3 PC Patched Mar 29, 2012, 22:23 Shataan

" I thought it was absolutely 100% fucking ridiculous I could fire a M249 at someone and get head shot through the Supression even though I've already hit the person with 5 rounds. And then get to watch as they go prone behind cover with 25% health left."

Yeah, but that was a lucky shot and would hardly be repeatable. So now you are happy the coin has turned? Now suppressed peeps will feel totally helpless and no way to defend as they get spray n prayed.

There is supposed to be a more or less equal area here. Oh I get it, this is to FORCE peeps to hold hands and yeah team it right? I feel sorry for the peeps who are gonna be caught on their lonesomes. It is gonna suck wind for sure.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Patch Plans

10. Re: Battlefield 3 Patch Plans Mar 24, 2012, 16:09 Shataan

I can honestly say there are 2 sole reasons I play BF 3. And I rarely play it actiually. 1, I have some buds who can stomach the game and I play with now and then. And 2, there isn`t much out that even remotely interests.

Waiting for Mechwarrior Online, Hawken, FarCry 3.... and ARMA 3. If the supposed next BF 3 patch is anything decent, I might consider keeping the game on my harddrive alittle longer. But it`s doubtful.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer

20. Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Mar 22, 2012, 14:55 Shataan

For me, it`s about the visuals, freedom of movement, and the overall setting. Gonna be amazing immersion factor... much like FarCry 1.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer

1. Re: Far Cry 3 Dr. Earnhardt Trailer Mar 21, 2012, 22:33 Shataan

Now THAT..... is a FarCry game!!!!!!  

News Comments > New U.S. Game Labeling Bill

57. Re: New U.S. Game Labeling Bill Mar 21, 2012, 18:06 Shataan

""WARNING: Exposure to violent video games has been linked to aggressive behavior."

Exposure to alcohol has been lin ked to aggresive behavior. But say by golly, almost every U.S. corner store has alcohol sales these days. Cigarettes? Linked to Cancer, but ya find em everywhere. The lists doth go on and on.

As for Japan???? I remember watching the Tsunami, and how awesome the Japanese people reacted, how they helped each other.

And then I thought of New Orleans when they had their huge flood etc. It was the total opposite in the good ol U.S. of A.. An almost total breakdown of society for the most part. Looting, raping apparently. Gotta give those Japanese peeps a high fiver for sure. An awesome people.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking

18. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking Mar 17, 2012, 19:29 Shataan

THE very earliest vids showed these things. What you guys are playing now is nothing like what originally was planned. You`d had to have been at the STALKER official site right at the very beginning to have seen these vids.

And yes I believe some of the dev team who made Venom, joined with GSC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHVjHvjXrlw

"PC FPS game Venom a.k.a. Codename: Outbreak, developed by GSC Game World and published by Virgin Interactive in year 2001"

15. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking Mar 17, 2012, 15:00 Shataan

The STALKER vids I saw of how it was Originally supposed to come to us, was more along the lines of a sci fi game called Venoms gameplay style. I think GSC made Venom if I remember rightly.

Visually it had amazing buildings, pyramids, and enemies etc. And you could pilot a small 1 man Mech type vehicle. As well, you had a robotic sidekick sort of thing call a S.C.O.U.T.. And you could see a small screen on the side of your HUD, that showed what the S.C.O.U.T. was seeing. The S.C.O.U.T. had a defensive capability too.

It was alot like Darth Muals Spherical Bots. I waited a long time, and then they did the redesign, and we got an RPG.

Hopefully the Lost Alpha is not another.... RPG.

9. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking Mar 17, 2012, 02:08 Shataan

I still wish they would have released the STALKER they originally intended.  

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Trailer

4. hmmmm Mar 15, 2012, 23:54 Shataan

interactive movie/game experience encounter of the asscam kind??????? Naaaaaah!  

News Comments > Spec Ops: The Line Trailer

1. Re: Spec Ops: The Line Trailer Mar 12, 2012, 21:16 Shataan

Man that looks dated as hell.  

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month

47. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 19:11 Shataan

If there is 1 thing I have learned, it is that just cause a Dev Team is wowed by their own product... this doesn`t necessarilly mean that I will be just as wowed.

I was wowed by FarCry at release. But everything after FarCry failed epicly imho. I`d even go as far as saying I can`t remember any game after FarCry that had as much an impact for me.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer

20. Re: MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer Mar 10, 2012, 14:50 Shataan

This is still Alpha footage... right? I am looking forward to seeing what the final release will offer. at this point, it is still way too early to say yeah or nay.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer

3. Re: MechWarrior Online Gameplay Trailer Mar 9, 2012, 21:25 Shataan

Until it is played, the jury is still out.  

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >