Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced

75. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 31, 2012, 09:01 Shataan

Bad is subjective. I too liked Doom 3 alot. Did it have a few bad
gameplay design decisions? Hell yeah. But for ME..... it delivered
a decent sp campaign. Damn immersive. There are quite a number of games
that just don t deliver the promised goods but for me Doom 3
is not on that list.
Farcry 1 is another that actually delivered.
If more games on pc delivered like these 2 did I d feel like I at least got my monies
worth. Sadly this is not the case.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Aliens: Colonial Marines and Delays (Or Lack Thereof)

10. Re: On Aliens: Colonial Marines and Delays (Or Lack Thereof) May 29, 2012, 00:07 Shataan

totally agree. 3rd pov is a console thing. No way can you convince
me that pc gamers get disoriented playing as aliens... and that
3rd pov is the way to go. Imho... if you wanna take shortcut and not wanna do too much work.. then ya go cheap and do it 3rd pov. Especially when you are making a console version.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation

14. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 28, 2012, 09:19 Shataan

It doesn`t matter anyways. Clearly GearBox are alot more interested in talking about the console versions on the whole. Not 1 PC preview has arrived to date. And when and IF the game actually sees a release, don`t be surprised by the console FEEL of the PC release.

All courtesy of Randy Pitchfords streamlined console/PC control scheme production scheduling. The 3rd pov ONLY control of the Alien on PCs is a dead giveaway. But I am sure PC gamers will be A Ok with that. Ahuh. ;p

News Comments > Op Ed

18. ahuh? May 26, 2012, 17:41 Shataan

"People don't care as much about pretty graphics and realistic voice-overs as they did five years ago."

Keep telling yourselves that.

Try convincing all the peeps who are buying new 680 GTXs, or the new 690s. We don`t upgrade to play games with crap visuals.

The reason we see crap dated visuals in new releases, is cause Devs are too freaking cheap to educate their team to utilize the power of the newer GPUs.

News Comments > Arma 3 Lighting Trailer

12. really? May 25, 2012, 20:47 Shataan

" it had a much better animation,"

Always thought the soldiers in DR ran like they had to take a crap actually. And the run speed was abysmally too slow. I am not a BF 3 fan these days, but I like BF 3s movements animations ALOT more than DRs OR ARMA 2s. Looks way more natural imho.

News Comments > Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week

1. Re: Mech Warrior Online Beta This Week May 22, 2012, 22:00 Shataan

Woohooo... can`t wait! Finally a real Next Gen Mechwarrior. It has been a long wait since Mechwarrior 3.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer

28. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer May 22, 2012, 19:55 Shataan

"I'll never understand the hatred of scripting here."

The problem is this. They rely too much on scripted events. And in pushing towards this too tight script crap, game devs have all but done away with anything that might occur randomly for the players.

We the players have been clobbered over the head with way too much script, and add to that the literal death of the sp game replay value. Anything... anything is good in moderation. But scripted events these days are anything but moderately used.

I had hoped by now devs would have found a way to code A.I. entities with an inworld purpose/agenda, as apposed to them always being triggered by the player. Much like a worker bee would go about his business, until the hive is endangered.

Sooner or later, gamers are gonna want to explore more as apposed to being led by the nose. I remember when devs strived to deliver open worlds and random event occurances etc. Now we get what? Walls, barriers, and mouse to cheese game design. Sub 6 hour sp campaigns, no mod tools, no dedicated servers, the list goes on. In their push to streamline production, cut costs etc, they streamlined the coolness that devs used to strive to deliver, right outta games.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Suspense Trailer May 21, 2012, 20:53 Shataan

I think it looks amazing. Best Alien design to date. The animations for the Alien have been tweaked up too. Accept for a bit of gameplay design stupidity.... it might actually rock.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines in February 2013

28. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines in February 2013 May 21, 2012, 20:36 Shataan

I still think anything Aliens, or AVP ingeneral still has alot of miliage left in it.

Gotta agree with the "forcing a 3rd pov is retarded" comment made earlier. Gameplaywise, it makes absolutely no sense. It reminds me of the time Bungie was bound and determined to release Halo as a 3rd pov only game.

I personally did quite a few poll threads at as many sites as I could, and the alround vote was for both 3rd AND 1st pov to allow for player choice. Bungie crapped when they found out. Thank God Micro$oft got the game and released it as a what? 1st person game. Go figure.

I suspect the 3rd pov aspect is because Randy Pitchford and Company are too lazy or not talented enough to make the 1st pov control scheme for Alien work on the XBox 360 and other consoles. And THEN they decided to force it on PC players to make it look like a game design decision.

So Alien PC gamers are gonna get bent over and forced to use the XBox 360 asscam view.... instead of being allowed either 3rd OR 1st pov..... aka choice. And so cometh the de-evolution of PC gaming.

I do have to add that I think the visuals in this last vid footage are amazing.

12. aaaahhhh well... May 21, 2012, 16:46 Shataan

"Aliens: Colonial Marines lets players fight in first person as the ultimate combatants – the United States Colonial Marines

or in third person as the universe’s deadliest killers"

Since I never play as the Alien, it doesn`t effect me... but I sure feel bad for all you PC Alien players. ;p Cause I know each and every PC Alien player fan out there just absolutely LOVES to be forced into playing the Alien in 3rd person asscam view.

Randy Pitchford and GearBox knows how disoriented you peeps got in AVP/AVP2/AVP 2010..... but never fear, cause you auto switch to 1st pov in vents etc. You lucky lucky lucky bastages!!!!

1. ahuh.... May 21, 2012, 11:40 Shataan

"I am thrilled to announce the definitive Delay of Aliens: Colonial Marines,” said Randy Pitchford, President of Gearbox Software.

The delay doesn`t surprise me, and imho shouldn`t surprise anyone. At this rate, I would be surpsied tho if the game actually makes it to the store shelves/Steam etc.

The vid footage looks pretty sweet tho. Too bad Rebellion didn`t have the Pull that GearBox seems to enjoy. All the fundage and time in the world to "do it right". Maybe AVP 2010 could have been "all that it could be".

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits May 18, 2012, 17:20 Shataan

Games are just the tip of the iceberg.... peeps. Imagine no one ever having to buy anything accept an interface to log into THEIR GRID. Hell, they will prolly offer these Interface devices FREE. They will come stock in every new home, and as well you could get a retrofit for older homes.

Then of course ya gotta pay to get onto.... their GRID. And THEY have full control then. I know the U.S. Government would absolutely love that kinda control. They will prolly include all sorts of Big Brother apps to spy on everyone. Big Brothers eyeball... in every home.

All hail the NWO.

News Comments > etc., etc.

8. Imagination Engine eh? May 18, 2012, 09:28 Shataan

None of the PC games up till now rocked my world, so I ain`t expecting much from anything supposedly Next gen coming soon. Next Gen is nothing but a Buzzword.

Deeds not words. The games Devs and Marketers should take note.

News Comments > Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots

23. Re: Unreal 4 Details & Screenshots May 18, 2012, 02:22 Shataan

"The interesting bit is that we're getting so close to photorealism that 'improved graphics' as a selling point is about to hit a wall."

We have the ability to get pretty close, but game dev teams are no longer pushing hard to make new engines that utilize our vid cards anymore. And haven`t been for a few years imo.

IMHO the wall you speak of was hit 5 years ago.

I used to have to buy a new card every year to take advantage of the new effects game devs were putting in their game engines. But that ended about 5 years ago. For the past 5 years I used a GTX 295. Cause there has been no reason to upgrade.

From then till now we have seen nothing but regurg. Hopefully with Mechwarrior Online using the new Cry3 Engine, we will start to see some new next gen visuals coming our way this year from other Developers. But even then, it`s doubtful. I finally upgraded to an EVGA 680 GTX SC. But I still don`t think we will see anything that requires this kinda horsepower for another year. Maybe 2.

The posted shots of Unreal 4s stuff looks late dated ass btw.

News Comments > Gaikai to Debut Hawken

16. gotta call B/S on this 1.... May 16, 2012, 15:34 Shataan

"Why don't we see many demos? They're a pain in the ass to make"

Why? Why do peeps like you still continue to use this tired excuse for why there are hardly any demo releases these days? That excuse is almost as bad as peeps who say..."do you want a pc game that is rushed out the door.... or done right?".

Is anyone here old enough to remember when we had 30+ hour sp campaign games, and we still were given a timely demo? I do.

So, in THIS sad day and age where we get what? 5 to 8 hour sp campaign PC games.... TOPS..... you still wanna use the ol "demos are a pita to make" excuse????? They don`t have the manpower or time to release timely demos? But they can still give us an on average 6 hour sp campaign PC game release, sans dedicated servers... the list goes on. AND we pay the same or more now..... for PC games that give us less.

Ooooooooooooh awwwwwwwwe ohhhhhhhhhhh. Yup, those demos are a pita to make. We took away most of the actual game content we used to deliver. We took away dedicated server support AND mod tools. Let`s as well do away with releasing a demo. Add to that the streamlining of the console/PC developement.

And while it all might look great on paper, it sure does not bode well for the totally craptastic PC release.

We now return to our regularly scheduled topic. ;p

News Comments > Tribes: Ascend Passes 1M Downloads

38. Re: Tribes: Ascend Passed 1M Downloads May 16, 2012, 15:10 Shataan

I`d have to agree, the game is pretty dated looking atm. And as much as I loved Tribes 1, Assend doesn`t make me wanna boot it up. I am glad peeps are digging it tho. Considering the sorryazz state of PC gaming, we need something that at least partly delivers.  

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Video Blowout

21. Re: MechWarrior Online Video Blowout May 10, 2012, 15:00 Shataan

While it is cool that MWO is finally bringing back the Mech action.... I still hope we see some competing Mech offerings that allow us a sp campaign mode.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Announcement

10. ahuh.... May 2, 2012, 21:59 Shataan

Call Of Doody: Black Ops Too

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Reveal Trailer

6. hmmm.... May 1, 2012, 22:37 Shataan

Same ol same ol. This is just as bad as singers who feel they just have to hit every note within their range, in every song they sing. Same ol same ol, and overkill at that.  

News Comments > Call of Black Ops II Revealed

27. I have a different take on this... May 1, 2012, 13:49 Shataan

"As long as it sells, and sells big, they will keep making them."

Reading the above you`d think that cause it sells, and sells big, it is a great game. I think the reason games are selling big as you put it, is because a particular game these days has no real competition. Meaning, if there were 8 Devs out there releasing a similar game, you`d have a good choice of what to look at and ultimately buy. The cooler game selling the greater number.

These days we are pretty well stuck with having to buy all these COD/BF/MW reduxs`. And with so little genre choice, and peeps waiting so freaking long inbetween releases.... it is basicly "pimp to crack ho`" game sales.

With nearly 3 pcs in almost every household and little Johnny screaming for more in Dads ear, how can a game these days.... even a steaming pile of crap NOT sell big?

Quality matters little anymore, only numbers. But I do believe what goes around will eventually come around. Cause the kinda strategy they are using will bite em in the azz. Maybe not now, but it`s gonna happen.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >