Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Released; Patched

23. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 5, 2012, 08:19 Shataan

"Far Cry was one of my all time favorites. Far Cry 2 was shit."

I agree with this... but FarCry 3 is NOT shit. It is a cool game marred by a lamer clunky non intuitive RPGlike inventory system. Like another has stated, this really doesn`t add to the game, for me it takes away from the immersive ingame experience.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Released; Patched

5. Re: Far Cry 3 Released; Patched Dec 4, 2012, 21:41 Shataan

I have a 6 core 1090T at 3600 mhz. GTX 680. 8 gigs ram with a RAID 0 setup. I am maxed ingame vis settings at 1680x1050. No problems at all for game performance. Absolutely love the visuals in dx11. Weap models are really sweet. Game overall looks amazing. Altho the color pallete has the game looking on the cartoonish side. Awesome animations alround.

FarCry had in the vis setting applet 3 settings to allow for stock color saturation, and 2 others that allowed you to set it so the ingame colors looked more gritty realistic. Why they didn`t include this in FC 3 is anyones guess. It would have rocked.

The RPG menu system is clunky as it gets tho. I`d rather spend more time in the gameworld than hitting Esc. to make stuff etc etc etc. But aaah well. Not digging that some controls REFUSE to allow me to change to MY liking. Guess that`s the consolisms rearing its fugly head. ;p

So far the coolness outwieghs the cons.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues

148. Re: hmmmm Nov 18, 2012, 15:15 Shataan

"Why not just buy a PS3 or an XBox console if you just want to play optimized video games."

Cause I am a PC gamer for years, and tbh loathe consoles. And if you personally don`t care about gaming on PC wtf are you here commenting on a gaming site?

So as a PC gamer for years, for YOU I should just bend over and go console? Naaaah I think I`ll just be myself and buy what I feel meets my needs, and not buy what doesn`t. It has worked great for me so far. If M$ wants my dough, they can earn my dough. A good way to start is by delivering an O/S that as a PC gamer, I find attractive.

News Comments > Croteam on Windows 8 Issues

128. hmmmm Nov 18, 2012, 09:36 Shataan

I game primarilly.

Is Win 8 optimized for PC gaming???? If not, I`ll stick with Win 7.

Vista arrived, I stuck with WinXP. No loss there. Ya know, I saw tons of peeps who didn`t like WinME. Dunno why. It was a system you could easilly tweak for performance. I had no problems with it at all.

News Comments > Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail

17. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 17, 2012, 12:23 Shataan

I say it again, in the scheme of things, Greece just does not matter. They know this. And this is just some way to puff themselves up to say something on the Worlds Stage.

If however they were smart, they`d have dealt civilly with this issue and it would have already turned into a non issue. Instead they chose to make themselves look like complete azzholes. Imbeciles really. They could have made themselves look like Heros.

Yup, the guys did something dumb. Something dumb that hardly deserves anywhere near the treatment they are getting. Slap em on the wrists, ask for a public oppology.... DONE. But nope. Peeps ingeneral and the Greek Governement just feel the need to overreact, and GrandStand.

I`ll bet on any given day of the year, there is no one here or anywhere that hasn`t done something equally as dumb. So don`t stand too high up on your podiums, and hold your noses too high in the clouds. Wouldn`t want you to get any nosebleeds. ;p

News Comments > Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail

5. Re: Jailed Bohemia Interactive Devs Denied Bail Nov 16, 2012, 23:27 Shataan

In the scheme of things, Greece really doesn`t matter. They are not an important player. I hope someone who has a head on their shoulders intervenes and helps clear this issue.

After that we can all wait for "My Big Fat Greek ARMA 3" to get released. OPAaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!! Let Bohemian Excenos go home!!!!!!

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer

7. finally.... Nov 14, 2012, 22:40 Shataan

Finally a game dev team is gonna actually deliver a Next Gen visuals experience. I am so tired of seeing reused engine visuals game after game after game.

As for the gameplay in the vid, I myself would play it alot more stealthy, but its a vid to show the Alpha. So I could care less how THEY play it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II

79. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 19:35 Shataan

I am still waiting for a decent fps to arrive. Without a doubt I can say from what I have seen of the MP... this title holds absolutely no interest. But the powers that be feel this is what the masses want. Ok fine.

Omnipotent gadgets/perks.... could care less. If this is the future of gaming, guess I am outta luck. ;p

News Comments > MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded

8. Re: MoH SEAL Consultants Reprimanded Nov 9, 2012, 12:36 Shataan

What a complete load of crap. For 1 thing, a slap on the hand looks good for the Higher Ups. "See? We reprimanded them!!!!".

Yet you can bet they went out and bought these same games for their kids, and they are sitting around a table high fiving for the awesome propaganda that these games supply. The.... FREE... propaganda. ;p

When it comes to the Mil... do NOT believe most of what you read. There is the Mil you read about in the news, and then there is the way it REALLY is. 2 different worlds peeps.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Far Cry 3

25. Re: Gone Gold - Far Cry 3 Nov 7, 2012, 14:57 Shataan

"Loved the first one, tried the second one at a friends house and hated it"

You are not alone. Loved FarCry... absolutely hated FC 2. I thought we would be getting MORE of FC 1 in FC 2. Nope. Farcry 3 looks to be more like FarCry 1... thankfully. Here`s to hoping.

1 thing we NEED to make sure IS there... is FarCry 1s ability to tweak the gammas to make the game look LESS candy colored, more realistic color pallatewise. They allowed 3 settings in FC 1 to do this. Default and 2 others that were way easier on the eyes.

Hopefully someone on the Dev Team was thinking on their feet. As well, wtf has this gone Gold, and Steam still doesn`t have it on their site as a Pre Buy?????

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Trailer

12. well..... Nov 6, 2012, 13:28 Shataan

waves hand.... "this is not the Mechwarrior I am looking for"

I was hoping for Mechwarrior 3 incockpit piloting experience, repleat with single player campaign and a real Next Gen visuals delivery.

I don`t want or care about perks. Don`t want or care about being forced to balance what parts I choose with a money system/weight etc etc etc. Now MWOs visuals considering they are not yet DX 11, are not bad. The incockpit piloting is a step above Mechwarrior 3s for sure.

But the Mechlab for ME personally holds no interest. And no single player game. What`s a guy gotta do to just get a decent Mechwarrior SIM.... that is more to the point..... less Free To Try... costly to play?????

Lastly, you could be a great pilot, but if you don`t know how to hotrod your Mech, good luck with having your azz handed to you over and over and ........

News Comments > Hawken's 10M Player Target

12. sad really... Nov 5, 2012, 10:36 Shataan

"Yeah, the whole mecha thing is cool, the graphics are decent... But playing it was like "just deathmatch? come on!"

The Mech visuals are very cool. Sweet incockpit view. But you play it, and all of a sudden being in a Mech is a moot point. Totally unrealistic arcade sidestrafe movements. The list goes on.

If they wanted to make a Quaker, why put everyone in a Mech????? Aaaah well, I am sure someone will dig that kinda thing.

News Comments > Far Cry Film

3. Re: Far Cry Film Nov 2, 2012, 18:57 Shataan

FarCry 1 WAS an amazing....gift. And we had so much fun with it... for our sins they gave us FarCry 2. Which was a far cry from FarCry 1. Too far infact.

Really hoping we get something JUST like FC 1... with FarCry 3.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta

12. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Oct 30, 2012, 07:33 Shataan

"If you're hoping for a more simulation-like game, you'll be disappointed. It's even more arcade and dumbed down than MW4."

If you are anything like ME, and were looking for something more along the lines of a Mechwarrior 3 type piloting experience, MWO in the cockpit and visually delivers. It really does sim the Mechwarrior incockpit piloting experience. I`d rank it the best ever done in this regard on the PC.

Where it loses me is how bloated the Mechbay is, with the money system implimented. I just wanted Mechwarrior 3 incockpit piloting experience, with a Next Gen visuals delivery. I didn`t find it Arcadey. That would be Mechwartrior 4 or Hawken.

I could be wrong, but my impression is that the MWO F2P thing, is really Free To Try. And they are so intent on making the almighty buck, that to me it looks like it is gonna be more or less a Money Pit. I bought the Founders, so that was 120.00. And you`d think that`d be enough for a game with clunky mp features, no sp campaign etc. But nope. The buck doesn`t stop there. Literally.

Long story short, I got my Refund. And will wait it out for something more to my liking. Maybe the Heavy Gear Remake will bebigger on game, and a tad less ambitious to fill its pockets.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Raises $5M

2. Re: MechWarrior Online Raises $5M Oct 17, 2012, 12:38 Shataan

ALOT of tweaking.  

News Comments > HAWKEN Closed Beta in Two Weeks

10. Re: HAWKEN Closed Beta in Two Weeks Oct 14, 2012, 01:52 Shataan

"This has been billed as "Quake with Mechs".

I used to think that it would be like this. But it actually feels more like Virtua On as apposed to Quake. As for MWO, I don`t know what to think about it.

News Comments > MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week

10. Re: MechWarrior Online Open Beta Next Week Oct 10, 2012, 23:17 Shataan

The piloting aspect of the Beta is awesome. It FEELS great. I don`t like the Mechlab thing myself. There is just too many choices for my liking. But I guess gamers these days dig that kinda thing. I was hoping for something more like Mechwarrior III, but with real Next Gen visuals.

For me MWO will be a placeholder till a Mech SIM comes my way that is heavier on piloting, light on the Mechlab thing.

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today

32. Re: Borderlands 2 Mechromancer DLC Today Oct 9, 2012, 16:21 Shataan

"I'm starting to learn that variety isn't Gearboxes strong suit."

What Pitchford and GearBox are REALLY good at... is patting themselves on the back. Ya gotta worry when someone does this that much. I`d rather they let their game do the talking. By the way Randy talks bout Aliens Colonial Marines... you`d think the game was gonna do everything but give us all BJs. lol

Deeds Randy!!! Deeds, not words.

News Comments > Morning Previews

20. Re: Morning Previews Oct 6, 2012, 16:01 Shataan

So far for what MWO is, no it is not bad. But it as well is not THE Mechwarrior for ME. I was hoping for a Mechwarrior 3 type incockpit piloting experience repleat with single player campaign..... and a game more about piloting immersion. What I am seeing is a truly robust Mechlab. A thing I could care less about.

I like fewer choices as far as a Mechlab is concerned, and more get in and do Mech battles. And for peeps like me this is the kiss of death, cause the game is more tailored to some Egghead Tabletop NerdBoi. When it comes to Mech games, I am more of the Neanderthal type. I JUST wanna pilot some Mechs and duke it out.

So Founders Package or not, I am gonna prolly sit this 1 out and wait for Heavy Gear.

News Comments > Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2

11. Re: Gearbox Working on Fixing Your Badass in Borderlands 2 Sep 26, 2012, 19:49 Shataan

"I'll let them tinker with my ass if I can tinker with their release date for Colonial Marines."

That, and hopefully they will do away with the completely asstastic Alien 3rd pov view.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >