Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer

19. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 10:27 Shataan

"How the fuck can they have such lousy graphics in a 2013 game?? I mean Im not a graphics whore or anything but Jesus H. Christ, green splats?? GREEN SPLATS? ARE YOU FOR FUCKING REAL??"

Agreed. Sometimes we see vid footage that looks absolutely awesome. And then this kinda stuff. Leads me to believe the awesome stuff is the CGI footage. And THIS stuff is the actual ingame footage. At any rate, this indeed looks dated.

I guess it is a bit too much to ask that a game looks at least on parr with anything released within the same time period. Farcry 3, or Crysis 3. This game is so all over the place as far as preview vids released so far, we just don`t have any clues what we are going to see visually.

Those green splats are going to rate high with the 12 and under crowd. ;p The ingame footage above sorta reminds me of Delta Force 2. hehhehhhehhe

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video

16. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins; Tutorial Video Jan 29, 2013, 20:34 Shataan

hmmm I`ll stick to the sp campaign. The mp didn`t grab me at all.  

News Comments > NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta

10. Re: NVIDIA Beta Drivers for Crysis 3 Beta Jan 28, 2013, 16:50 Shataan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 16:15:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 28, 2013, 14:34:
Oh Crytek you're so silly, you think your game is Call of Duty with a nano suit.
Does anyone really play Crysis for the multiplayer, though?

True. I played Crysis 1, skipped the mp. It was all about the campaign for me.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Kick Ass" Trailer

56. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 25, 2013, 10:37 Shataan

What would have been really nice is if a SIM PC Developer did an AL()ENS game on PC. Cause all I ever wanted was a simple SIM of the AL()ENS movie experience, in PC game form using an edge pushing Next Gen vis engine. Not really hard to deliver.

Make the Marines look LIKE Marines. AL()ENs look LIKE their movie counterparts. Set pieces enviros look LIKE they did stylewise in the movies. Have some level designers create some very cool locations to duke it out on.

Do NOT use voice actors who suck. Do NOT mix in ANY forced 3rd pov for ANY characters/Species. Since you plan to actually SELL this game to the masses, do some polls to ask for a general concensus on ideas you are not sure will be well accepted by those you intend to market to.

If unsure on stuff LIKE 3rd povs? Add BOTH 1st AND 3rd povs so ALL player bases are covered. Make sure the PC version HAS Dedicated server support. A huge 1 on this list??? Leave your EGOS at home. If ya can`t do the above, don`t touch this particular licence.

If you just have to vent your creative licence, build YOUR own game from scratch. Don`t go re engineering the wheel with a carved in stone licence like the Alien universe. Cause when ya do, we end up with Spitters, and Boilers, Crushers, Lurkers, and 3rd povs where they are not wanted. We end up with Marine chicks that look more like they are about to go Clubbing repleat with Princess Leia hair buns and tight pants. Mohawks, tattoos... iron sights... the list goes on.

I`d always hope iD got the chance at bat to do an AL()ENS PC game. Loved DOOM IIIs sp campaign. It moved good, looked great.... atmosphere you could literally cut a knife with. Aaaah well. There is still hope, but previous attempts have beat this franchise to death.

31. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 19:20 Shataan

I thought the voice acting was great, if you were doing a cross imitation of Clint Eastwood, doing AL()ENS Tropic Thunder style.

As for negativity? Many have already pointed out the stuff that looks to rock. But I guess no one notices anything till peeps AS WELL point out some considerable questionable areas. You think this is bad?

Wait till peeps actually boot it up. The sp campaign if it doesn`t feel totally onrails, and doesn`t slap you in the head with prompts all the time might be cool. Co op is something many always wanted. The being forced to switch from a sweet 1st pov Marine view, to that azzcam Alien view in mp? hehhhehhe Good luck on that 1.

11. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 13:48 Shataan

" Iíll take a really good game over graphics any day."

Then you better hope A CMs is a good game then. ;p

3. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 24, 2013, 11:51 Shataan

Not a bad trailer if you turn off the sound. hehhhehhe Hope the PC version looks high rez.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Open Beta This Month

2. Re: Crysis 3 Open Beta This Month Jan 24, 2013, 11:36 Shataan

I`ll play it. It`ll be nice to play something actually developed on and FOR the PC for once.  

News Comments > Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month

18. Re: Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month Jan 17, 2013, 15:26 Shataan

"Still have not forgiven Bungie for selling out to Microsoft"

I for 1 am glad M$ bought Halo. Otherwise, you`d all be playing Halo as a 3rd pov piece of.......

M$ did the right thing releasing it as a 1st pov game.

doesn`t anyone miss the old days where we had a dedicated server running on a spare pc at home, so if we needed to.... we could host a server? I sure do.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial

8. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Commercial Jan 15, 2013, 14:11 Shataan

Well hopefully peeps will love the thing, warts and all. Tbh, the commercial craps all over the Pre order trailer from great heights.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs

9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Specs Jan 14, 2013, 11:14 Shataan

Even AVP 2010 had DX 11 visuals. Well, SOME tesselation at any rate. It`d be hard to believe that A CMs would arrive with just dx 9 visual effects fare. I agree tho. We don`t buy dx 11 GTX 680s to run old tech real fast.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Trailer

10. there is a difference here tho..... Jan 10, 2013, 10:27 Shataan

"You can never match 10 years of expectation, never ever ever"

True, but if you are gonna hype your game and get on vids blathering how cool it is/will be (like Pitchford did with Duke and is now doing with Aliens Colonial Marines).... at release it had better be all you say it is..... or you are gonna look pretty stupid.

Player expectation is built mostly by the dev Teams and the Marketing. You cannot sit back and blame the buyer base whose expectations were FED by the Developer.

I remember all the bragging bout Duke. It did not live up to the hype. Imho it became the Duke version of Daikatana. It would be nice if A CMs actually lived up to being what the Dev Team/Pitchford says it will. If not, we may as well start calling him.... "Randy Romero".

News Comments > MechWarrior Tactics Closed Beta; Founder's Program

4. Re: MechWarrior Tactics Closed Beta; Founder's Program Jan 10, 2013, 02:17 Shataan

I played MWO for a bit. But the F2P thing lost me. And the MechBay as well. I don`t wanna be forced to learn this stuff so I become more of a mechanic, than a pilot. Tbh I`d rather have Mechwarrior III remade with a new Next Gen engine.

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Contest - Live Like a Software Mogul

8. oh yeah.... Jan 2, 2013, 14:51 Shataan

"I'm really enjoying FC 3, I find it much better than FC 2 which I couldn't stand. Also the graphics & story line are really good. The actors are top notch too."

I got 50 hours into FC 3, and just started into it for a fresh go. Sweet DX 11 visuals. Awesome weaps modelling. Interesting lanscapes enhanced by the nicely done Wildlife. Amazing motion capture character movements. Wingsuit and hangglider usage a nice touch.

The list of goodies goes on and..... If PC game devs want my dough, they had better start to deliver more along the lines of what FC 3 has.

I am tired of paying 59 bucks for sub 6 hour scripted event stories, with kiddie button mash mechanics. And don`t get me going about how they regurg their old vis engines instead of pushing our hardware better.

As for FC 2, I agree. It just doesn`t hold a candle to FarCry 3. Let alone FC 1.

News Comments > Dune II Web Revival

13. Re: Dune II Web Revival Dec 31, 2012, 13:59 Shataan

I always dreamed of a Next Gen DUNE 1st person game. It has cool weaps. Awesome protagonists. Beautiful locations and set piecing. But nope. Someone would rather make ..... Duke Nukem. Daikatana etc.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer

1. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Story Trailer Dec 28, 2012, 11:31 Shataan

Wow. The Aliens look amazingly done. They make everything else here look low rez and washed out. The Artists who did the Aliens at least are on their game.  

News Comments > Crysis 3 Trailer

19. Re: Crysis 3 Trailer Dec 24, 2012, 00:18 Shataan

"I'd love to play a game like Trespasser with graphics like that, minus all the ubersoldier nano bullshit."

I have been waiting since Trespasser, for some Dev team to remake Trespasser with a real Next Gen engine. Hell, anyone remember that Dinosaur Hunting game???? That`d be cool as well. But allow for Co op this time.

I played a bit of Crysis. Didn`t bother with Crysis 2. But Crysis 3 I`ll give a go. It is nice to see some real next gen visuals for once. That makes 2 games that have sweet visuals. FarCry 3, and Crysis 3. Hopefully other Devs follow suit and come across with the goods instead of the regurg engines they keep flogging to us.

News Comments > RAGE DLC Next Week

41. Re: RAGE DLC Next Week Dec 15, 2012, 09:12 Shataan

"What ending? They ran out of time, and they released a unfinished game.
Now, they want $$$ for this ?

pass."

Agreed!!!! I guess DOOM III is going to go down in History as iDs last decent game offering. As well, if peeps wanna bend over and BUY the new dl content, by all means. Have at her. Lube up good for ol Johnny boy. And don`t forget to shine up those rose colored glasses.

News Comments > Game Reviews

6. Re: Game Reviews Dec 13, 2012, 18:03 Shataan

I prefered FarCry 1s focus on just being a game. No way too indepth inventory RGP shiz. Hated FC 2. What a waste of a game.

"I played for 4 hours and gave up."

Same here man. I deleted it after 4 hours, cause I was under the impression that I could play this game any way I wanted to. But, I reinstalled and went more with playing it by the Storyline..... missionswise. The game imho needs to be played this way.

You can`t rush how you get weaps etc etc etc. It has to progress a certain way. When I played it this way, everything fell into place. And progressing... weap gathering, crafting etc feels alot better now. Less clunky that what I was experiencing the 1st goround.

Is it a perfect implimentation? Nope. But there is WAY more actual gameplay and game world immersion here than all the generic sub 6 hour crap we have been having to put up with from MOST of the Top game devs socalled AAA titles in the last 5+ years.

Sweet dx11 visuals, awesome character acting ala Vaas... beautifully done weaps/sounds the list goes on and on... there is alot to love about FarCry 3 inspite of some areas where it falters. MANY cool ideas in FC 3. A very cool offering. Where other Devs make boastfull promises and fail, FC 3s devs actually do deliver the goods.

News Comments > HAWKEN Beta Opens

11. Re: HAWKEN Beta Opens Dec 13, 2012, 17:51 Shataan

"Anyone approaching this as a Mechwarrior style game will be disappointed. It's much closer to the Heavy Gear franchise."

I agree on the disappointed part. But I thought the Hawken Beta more resembled VirtuaOn actually. Heavy Gear and Heavy Gear 2 rocked hard. Hawken has sweet visuals and cool SteamPunk design, but piloting movement suxors harder than Linda Lovelace on a good day.

This 1 should definately be a console game..... and remain on the consoles.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >