Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem

6. you are joking... right? Feb 25, 2013, 15:46 Shataan

"There is also an explanation of why the shipping game looks worse than the E3 demo, saying it was coded for high-end PCs, and was way over "performance budget" for older PCs"

So basicly the release version was dumbed down to make the PC compatible with the consoles??? Because what we got was pretty far from looking like it was coded for High End PCs. Their explaination doesn`t hold water imo. The average home PC right now is far more powerful than what was the norm 5 to 7 years ago.

They should at least try to pass off a more plausible reason for why the demo vid footage walks all over the Final Release visuals. Nice but rather lamer try.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB

67. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 19, 2013, 13:56 Shataan

" Bungie cofounder Jason Jones suggesting playing first-person shooters with mice and keyboards is obsolete"

Ya know he didn`t know sh*t then, and he doesn`t know sh*t now. Halo almost came to the masses as a 3rd pov asscam game. If it wasn`t for Micro$oft buying it and doing the right thing ie having the 1st pov, and 3rd pov for driving......

So when you hear them say something like " playing first-person shooters with mice and keyboards is obsolete", imo it is fair to say this person is out to lunch and is way out of touch with PC gamers on the whole.

No way would Halo have sold the numbers it did if it was a 3rd pov only asscam game. And keyboard mouse is far from obsolete.

News Comments > GeForce GTX TITAN Announced

7. Re: GeForce GTX TITAN Announced Feb 19, 2013, 10:16 Shataan

Wtf is the point of having this kinda power if most Developers don`t push the vis envelope in their games.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Patched

62. hehhhe Feb 13, 2013, 18:23 Shataan

" Whenever reviewers are tripping over themselves to demonstrate how bad something is it rarely turns out to be that bad"

Sorta like how Randy Pritchford continually tripped over himself to demonstrate how important he and GearBox are, and how cool the game will be..... right? And it seems to have not turned out to be THAT good. ;p

I`d like to see a patch that addresses these issues:

1 adds the 1st person Alien view.
2: better smoother animations for A.I. human and Alien
3: higher rez textures to make the game look like it did in the demo vid way back
4 better lighting... they said they would have dynamic lighting in A CMs.... still waiting

These would be good to start with.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2013, 18:30.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines

141. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 13, 2013, 08:35 Shataan

GearBox has stated time and time again the XBox360 and PC versions will be pretty well the same version. Along comes a crapload of XBox360 vids looking like complete ass. Just about every XBox360 vid I saw had their Brightness setting pushed way too high. This didn`t help the already lacking console version visuals.

On a maxed out PC, the game looks ALOT better, tho still dated. I hear many say "well what did you expect", or your expectatations were too high. It is not too high an expectation to expect a visuals engine that is at least on parr with anything released within the same time span. Motion captured character movement.... another pretty well STANDARD feature today. DECENT voice acting.

And lets not forget a 1st person as WELL as a 3rd person Alien playable pov, to cover all player styles. I really EXPECTED that the sotryline would FEEL more mature, LIKE the movie AL()ENS. This is not a freaking kiddie walk thru Disneyland. DOOM III had amazing FEEL. Hell, AVP 1999 had amazing FEEL. The type of feel you could cut with a knife almost. I think the shaky badly done animations, and flufffilled voice acting hurt this game bad. The visuals on the right system are decent enough to just get the job done.

But the animations and glitches, and bad kiddiefied voice acting... well... it REALLY makes it seem like this game was made for the 12 and under "we don`t want them crying themselves to sleep" crowd. We really could have used a more serious attempt from a more SEASONED Developer.Someone who has a track record for this kinda game.

What we didn`t need was someone so Ego bloated, they`d have the nerve to openly spout off how they were going to correct Rebellions failures and A CMs was gonna what? Save the day???? It is Duke all over again, from the Patron Saints of Lost Cause Games.... GearBox.

"Hey... we`re canon... that`s how important we`ve become. How cool is that?" R. Pitchford

Now, there is some coolness to the game. Certainly not enough to brag about. But here we are again, waiting for someone REAL to get a kick at this franchise.

This comment was edited on Feb 13, 2013, 08:42.

90. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 16:31 Shataan

Ya know what Randy should have said? "We did our best with what we had to work with....and we hope the Fans like the game.". But his inner rock star got the best of him. And not forcing an as scam 3rd POV Aliens view would have helped as well. We pay good money for a game....not for any ego trippers.  

64. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 13:36 Shataan

I feel as bad as Pitchford felt as he was hyping the crap out of this game to push sales..... knowing it wasn't exactly how he was hyping it to be. Maybe had he shot his canon off a little less?  

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?

32. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 10, 2013, 10:31 Shataan

"He is talking about simplifying and dumbing down certain gameplay mechanics, because these gameplay mechanics were not designed for consoles and gamepads."

Well said.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced

71. ya know what we really need??? Feb 9, 2013, 20:03 Shataan

For the PC version....

We need some truly talented Unreal 3 Engine Modders to reskin the game for PC, with Higher Rez textures.. and hopefully they can hack in a proper 1st person Alien pov. Mp might then be saveable somewhat.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced

44. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass and Bug Hunt DLC Announced Feb 8, 2013, 18:50 Shataan

I am of the camp that says... "this looks freaking amazing, and this and this and this....". "But this this this and this??? WTF were you thinking Randy Pitchford and Co.?".

I don`t see there being 2 camps. Ie... Camp Hate, or Camp Love. It is the same with peeps who spout the truly old and tired... "I`ll take great gameplay over great graphics". Knock knock... hellooo???? You CAN have both. Having great visuals doesn`t mean great gameplay becomes a victom. Same with great gameplay....

If a game looks great, that means the Visuals Artists did their job. If it suxors gameplaywise, that means the gameplay designer should be fired.

As for A CMs, altho I haven`t played it yet the footage I have watched was pretty revealing. AVP 2010 doesn`t have anything to worry bout. ;p Especially the 2010 AVP multiplayer.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines "Bug Hunt" DLC Revealed?

65. Re: wow..... ;0(... Feb 7, 2013, 21:48 Shataan

I here ya Ventura. So far the PC mp forced asscam alien view... well that certainly wasn`t what we were waiting for OR wanted. Rebellion and Monolith for a few of their faults, they didn`t try to shove that B/S down our throats. Gotta love em respect em for that.

So if GearBox are smart in the least, they better have 1 whopper of a day 1 patch update for PC players. We don`t want or need another Duke Nukem pass the buck situation on our hands.....

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Contact Trailer - Extended Cut Feb 7, 2013, 21:36 Shataan

I have seen more than enough to know that GearBox had better have 1 freaking whopper of a Day 1 Patch update instore for us. I think the game needs some new A.I. Coder, or another years developement. ;p  

63. wow..... ;0(... Feb 7, 2013, 20:47 Shataan

I just watched some youtube vids showing a fair amount of actual gameplay for A CMs. The A.I. is really bad. I mean dated, and BAD. For all the bragging GearBox/Pitchford has done for this game, the A.I. is not reflecting it by any means.

Now, granted the ingame footage is console version (looks ass tbh), I really hope the PC versions A.I. is ALOT tighter. And I hope the PC Squad members can actually shoot, and HIT and KILL some Aliens. Otherwise, they seem to be just getting in the way. They have been pretty useless as far as the footage shows.

If what I just watched is any indication, somebody gonna get some.... erm feedback from the Fans. This IS 2013 after all, and A CMs looks 1999 quality atm. Nice job Randy.

31. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 7, 2013, 13:04 Shataan

Gamers... well the majority these days are crack hores. Myself I am well past the pre buy based on hype phase. Yes I pre bought from Steam but at least I got informed first. I know mp gonna blow from the Alien POV. So campaign and co op looks salvageable tho.  

News Comments > Oculus Rift Vision Correction Support

30. Re: Oculus Rift Vision Correction Support Feb 6, 2013, 19:33 Shataan

It`s all good and all to have vision correction etc. But 1st you`d think they`d deliver an actual working product right? By this I mean a headset that actually delivers on its promises. The real test is when it goes out to the Buyer Base. If it works, THEN you add in the other stuff. And tbh I am not convinced the Rift will be any better than the scads of low rez High Tech headsets that already failed back in the 3D headset heyday.

Ya know what DOES work awesome? Force Feedback. But no one is supporting it, or pushing its bounderies. Nope. Someone IS however looking to deliver yet another headset, and theirs is gonna triumph, where everyone elses failed???? Ahuh. Well, I hope the Rift delivers better than RAGE did.

News Comments > New MechWarrior: Online Mech

1. Re: New MechWarrior: Online Mech Feb 5, 2013, 21:42 Shataan

I`d rather see dx11.... actually.  

News Comments > Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion

45. Re: Borderlands 2 Racism Discussion Feb 3, 2013, 16:48 Shataan

I agree with Cutter as well. What started out as seemingly well meaning/intentioned.... is now turning everyone into total 0 tolerance spineless weenies.

We got where we are as a society for knowing WHEN to turn the other cheek/consider the source. Poly correctness will soon having peeps drop their gloves if they even feel slightly insulted.

Heck, we already have enough religious freaks in the world ready to kill for just about any insult, imagined or real. The sad part is, peeps actually think Political correctness will make for a better world. I shudder to think what the world will be like for my kids some day.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass Spotted

4. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Season Pass Spotted Jan 31, 2013, 21:09 Shataan

If the campaign doesn`t blow more monkies than R. P. ... the new sp campaign content might be worth it. Mp is a bust tho.

This comment was edited on Jan 31, 2013, 23:34.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 End Game Trailer

3. Re: Battlefield 3 End Game Trailer Jan 31, 2013, 21:05 Shataan

I loath vehicular mil combat games. Always have. As soon as Novalogic intro`d vehicles, I quit the series. Then came the death of the onfoot experience.  

News Comments > GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses

2. Re: GRiD 2 in May; Preorder Bonuses Jan 31, 2013, 12:02 Shataan

I liked GRiD 1, might try this 1 as well. Definately looks sweet.  

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >