Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses

50. Re: More Big Picture Details May 3, 2013, 16:37 Shataan

"There was no reasons given for the downgrade, there was no excuses given,"

Had they just told everyone they had to downgrade all the visuals cause of their not being able to impliment it properly on the consoles.... they knew they`d be losing big dough. So, they just didn`t tell anyone till after the release. THIS.... is misleading.

Not to mention I have yet to play a final release that didn`t look as good or better than the preview vids. Open your eyes peeps. Many of us were able to get way better visuals just by tweaking the .inis. Which look btw that GearBox turned most of the vis settings to almost total minimal... ie almost off. Too bad when Randy P and GB shifted into "save our azz" mode, the games quality had to be the sacrificial lamb.

Not to mention the deft slight of hand of throwing TimeGate under the bus. Ahuh. Give your subcontractor no storyline, and expect them to make a sp game campaign???? And then when they don`t pull enough rabbit out of their azz at the 11th hour, your say it is all their fault??? Nice.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit

3. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 09:16 Shataan

It doesn't hold water as far as work in progress goes. For 1....yes CONTENT can and does change. Visual s quality tho..... Is supposed to be as good or better at release. They could have saved the game had they not stripped it down to 2002 visuals quality. Dumbazzes.  

General Discussion > Hurtful Ads: Daily Question for Facebook

4. Re: Hurtful Ads: Daily Question for Facebook Apr 26, 2013, 08:34 Shataan

Well, I just popped in to Blues just now, and low and behold a vid screen to the top right edge is showing a vid "for free wicked scent oil kit visit etc etc etc". I refreshed and then Audience TV started playing.

So I hope this gets fixed. Being it is off to the right, I assume that yes it is an ad space. But ad or not, it is auto playing, and that is kinda cheap imho.

General Discussion > Hurtful Ads: Daily Question for Facebook

2. Re: Hurtful Ads: Daily Question for Facebook Apr 25, 2013, 22:25 Shataan

I am getting a tad pizzed off at the small vids on the top right of the front page just starting up on their own, with no way for me to turn em off. News Bulletin.... if I wanna watch that shiz, I`LL turn it on. If this kinda thing continues, I guess I`ll have to find a different site than Blues to hang at. Too bad tho, cause I have hung here for years literally.  

News Comments > Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP

63. Re: Gearbox Snags Homeworld IP Apr 22, 2013, 22:04 Shataan

"has great love and respect"

I doubt anyone at GB has love or respect for anything, but their own Egos.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance

2. not a very good prediction.... Apr 22, 2013, 11:07 Shataan

I remember when I 1st saw Surveilance Cameras. It was way back years ago, when the Irish Police/Government put them up to identify Rioters/IRA types etc. I knew way back then, that it was just a matter of time till it was adopted in N America.

And yes this stuff can be put to great use against the criminal element. But it is as well is being put to great use against the average citizen.

News Comments > Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Preorders; Trailer

4. Re: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon Preorders; Trailer Apr 11, 2013, 09:27 Shataan

That`s a joke trailer.... right? What happened to the real Sequel to FC 3?  

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched

22. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Patch Patched Apr 10, 2013, 14:26 Shataan

I still don`t get wtf Sega doesn`t allow a dev Team with a proven track record for AAA+ titles to do an Aliens type game. Nope, they had to go with Randy "Snideley whiplash" Pitchford and his Band of Cronies.

"So they're still supporting the game for those that bought it
That's actually pretty decent of them."

They are giving lip service support under contract duress. They released a what? 4 gig patch that ultimately added Alien end boss unbalanced A.I., and a Film grain eye condom patch.... with some pretty wacked out lighting tweaks.

And then 3 weeks later, now a film Grain toggle that should have been there in the 1st 4 gig update patch. WTF are the high rez assets, A.I. animations and paythfinding tweaks???

The last time I saw a game bent over so bad by its dev team, was Men Of Valor. But I gotta say, the treatment allround given to A CMs is unprecidented.

News Comments > Make Something Unreal Live 2013 Results

10. ya know what they should have? Apr 8, 2013, 16:22 Shataan

How bout a "Save Something Unreal" Contest?????

My vote would be for the supposedly Unreal 3 Engined Aliens Colonial Marines. I`d love to see some modders get their mits on this game and do it justice.

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF

34. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 7, 2013, 00:45 Shataan

NOLF had its` moments, but I`d rather have a Next Gen PC GoldenEye. ;p  

News Comments > April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 1

12. Aliens Colonial Marines....... Apr 1, 2013, 11:37 Shataan

Now THAT should have been an April Fools Release. ;p  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC

33. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 13:29 Shataan

I`m in, but for the SP campaign mainly. Might hang with some Buds for some mp possibly.  

News Comments > Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 14:44 Shataan

What a waste of bandwidth. Call me whenh a real trailer arrives.  

News Comments > Call of Juarez Gunslinger Gameplay Trailer

8. Re: Call of Juarez Gunslinger Gameplay Trailer Mar 15, 2013, 18:35 Shataan

Yeah, too bad we can`t play as Roland. But, I am interested in this 1 none the less. Hope they show some horse riding vids as well. There is a mini series coming for The DarkTower tho. I think Ron Howard is producing it.  

News Comments > Arma III Alpha Released

8. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 10:36 Shataan

There has always been a fairly large sp campaign, and the multiplayer portion as well.  

News Comments > Arma III Alpha Released

6. Re: Arma III Alpha Released Mar 5, 2013, 10:23 Shataan

Just tried some Infantry Combat. Wowzers! Bis has come a long way! Much improved visuals and movement FEEL. And radio chatter. Keybinding is pretty robust even at this point so far. Character models, weaps, and terrain detailing are all very nice. I think Bis has a Hit on their hands. ;p  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem

47. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Postmortem Feb 26, 2013, 11:26 Shataan

Makes 1 wonder wtf the game is advertized to require 20 gigs of HD space. Where is the rest of the game? Aaaaah Had to streamline it to run on the consoles.  

News Comments > More Borderlands 2 DLC

4. Re: More Borderlands 2 DLC Feb 26, 2013, 10:26 Shataan

Shouldn`t that read.... Randy "Ego-Maniac" Pitchford? Or Randy "Stupid is as Stupid does" Pitchford? Both work. ;p  

26. So... Feb 25, 2013, 17:03 Shataan

Create the game on high end PCs. And find out later that you absolutely suck at coding for the consoles = you can`t make it look good on a freaking console system. Then to fix the situation..... you hamstring the visuals to port to the consoles. And THEN????

THEN you port a crap looking console version straight back to the PC????? And THIS.... is what you`d call a good sound business decision? And here we are today.

Ya can`t make the excuse ya can`t get it to run on lower powered PCs, cause say by golly, THAT is what turning down the rez and turning down the vid quality is for, to allow the PC gamer to tailer to HIS system specs.

But nope.... let`s dumb it all down. Cause this is 2002.... erm I mean 2013. ;p

Stupid is, as Stupid does!

12. Re: you are joking... right? Feb 25, 2013, 16:05 Shataan

Well, it is pretty sad decisionwise in this day and age. Good thing some of us are able to tweak the ingame .inis to make the game look ALOT better. The idea is to make the game look/run better on any platform. Not hamstring your games quality. In the end, what and who did that serve by doing this?

No one. GearBox has been successful in shooting themselves in the azz tho. Real good business decision.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >