Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for Gary

Real Name Gary   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Shataan
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Sep 11, 2001, 16:09
Total Comments 1487 (Pro)
User ID 10927

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 3: Close Quarters DLC for Free

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 15, 2013, 14:54 Shataan

"The single-player campaign was really good too"

I am actually replaying the sp campaign atm. And it is good. Accept for the kiddie button mash sequences. And even these wouldn`t be bad if they allowed us to remap the Space Bar and E keys. I never... NEVER use the wasd crap. I always remap to the numpad.

Think maybe I`ll map my Razer Nostromo for BF 3 so I don`t have to reach into the No Mans Land WASD area of my keyboard when the button mashes pop up. lol Prolly need to do this for BF 4 as well.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits

7. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jun 12, 2013, 09:39 Shataan

I can see it all now. 2 version of the Rift. 1, the low baller version with pixelmess visuals delivery. And the UBER: Rift! High Def goodness. The entry level Lowballer Rift costing about $299.99.... and the UBER: Rift... for $699.99+.  

News Comments > Mad Max Game Announced

11. Re: Mad Max Game Announced Jun 11, 2013, 10:02 Shataan

Some licences should never be touched. they fooked up StarShip Troopers. Terminator. Anything Aliens pretty much. The list goes on. And now what? Roadwarrior, asscam style. Ahuh.  

News Comments > New Star Wars Battlefront Announced

20. Re: New Star Wars Battlefront Announced Jun 11, 2013, 08:23 Shataan

"The only way they could screw this up for me anyway is to make it 3rd person only."

Agreed!

News Comments > New Star Wars Battlefront Announced

7. Re: New Star Wars Battlefront Announced Jun 10, 2013, 21:21 Shataan

AAAArrrgghhh How bout some actual gameplay footage!!!???  

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Trailer

5. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Trailer Jun 7, 2013, 16:46 Shataan

Hawken is not a Mech game. And MWO did it wrong by going mp only route.

I`d like to support this new Gears, but atm it is way too early in the Dev phase for me to drop any dough.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GRID 2

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - GRID 2 May 30, 2013, 22:01 Shataan

"There is no cockpit view"

Well that suxorz donkey ballZ!

News Comments > GRID 2 Cockpit Mode?

28. Re: GRID 2 Cockpit Mode? May 30, 2013, 01:28 Shataan

The vid visuals look dated as hell. GRID 1 looked better.  

News Comments > GRID 2 Cockpit Mode?

24. Re: GRID 2 Cockpit Mode? May 29, 2013, 16:03 Shataan

"Still, cockpit mode is a must have for any self-respecting franchise game,"

Agreed!!! Altho I personally dig a cockpit view that is infocus when I look at it. Ya don`t need to build the periferal vision haze into the game, that happens naturally when you focus on the direction you are looking. When I look at the dash/incockpit area, I`d like to see this infocus.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Adds Singleplayer

21. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Adds Singleplayer May 27, 2013, 23:39 Shataan

Ok peeps... what was your Gear of choice? Mine was the Hunter. And there was nothing like doing 360s in the air while dueling. hehhhehhe As far as I know, I was the 1st to start doing the 360s. Peeps seemed to be stunned to see a Gear turning away from them.... and then I`d fire down on their cockpits from above.

Of course not long after many were adopting this tactic.

18. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Adds Singleplayer May 27, 2013, 21:51 Shataan

I agree. Hawken as is. Was truly a shame they didn`t go more SIM. Beautiful visuals, and it ended up being a more or less VirtualOn type kiddie shooter.  

13. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Adds Singleplayer May 27, 2013, 16:24 Shataan

"but the framework was definitely there for some of the campaign."

Yes, definately was there in the sp campaign. You had to learn how best to approach... etc. Mp tho was more liquid, and forgiving.

8. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Adds Singleplayer May 27, 2013, 13:17 Shataan

"but Heavy Gear for me has always been as much about tactics as anything else."

Really? I well remember HG 2. And back in the day, it was mostly all about Dueling. But we approached as a Squad more or less, chose who we`d each duel with based on proximity, and then if we won, we`d quickly go help a team mate.

If that is tactical, it was really simplified tactics imo.

I`d like to see any new HGs remain faithful to the HG 2 mp demos style of dueling. If anyoine remembers the initial HG 2 demo maps ie Space Derelect near Asteroid belt, and Swamp????? THAT was amazing Team based mp Dueling.

My Gear of choice was always the Hunter. The Hunters J.J. capability allowed for some truly amazing piloting manuevering.

But what I think we will see happen to this new HG, is what basicly happened to Tribes Ascend. It may look and sound like HG, but it won`t quite BE HG.

News Comments > Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming

18. Re: Call of Juarez: Gunslinger FOV Tweaking Coming May 26, 2013, 17:22 Shataan

Wtf is there no horseback riding? aaaah  

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter

11. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter May 21, 2013, 10:23 Shataan

When a Dev team starts to hawk attention purely on Multiplayer only, it tells me they are either going for a quick easy money grab, or they have absolutely no clue what gamers really want these days.

We ALL hoped for a sp campaign for Mechwarrior, that had a mp component. Just.... like... all... the .... earlier.... Mechwarriors. But no sp campaign surfaced. When I 1st heard a new Heavy Gear was in the works? I hoped it would offer a sp campaign, and allow multiplayer as well. Just like HG 1 and 2.

I refuse to support mp only these days. Heck, I even got my Legendary Pack dough refunded from the MWO Devs, cause after giving it a try, I found I totally hated how they handled MWO. So I am holding out little hope that THIS HG, will be 1 I`ll wanna play.

News Comments > Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter

3. Re: Heavy Gear Assault Kickstarter May 21, 2013, 09:39 Shataan

I`d love to be able to support a new Heavy Gear PC game effort, but at this time I have little faith it will be done right OR handled right. No matter the illustrious Dev Team thats` been gathered. Back in the day, I was able to win a spot on Activisions Shadow Guard Beta Squad for Heavy Gear 2.

It was an amazingly fun time (I came onboard bout midway in the Test Phase tbh). You HAD to be skilled to make the Team, cause you had to duel the Shadow Guard guys and win consistently... and then you were invited after a good showing. So it was piloting skill, as well as Bug finding. You had to have a good feel for HOW a Gear should feel when piloting in the game world.

But it was clear that no matter what suggestions we put forth to Activision, in the end... the final Release had little resemblance to what we had hoped it would be like.

For example, in this vid for this new kickstarter, 1 of the HGA Devs speaks of their Gears having a range of movement.... "this is not just some tank etc". In HG 2 we ALL were hoping that the movement FEEL and ability would remain mostly intact from the HG 2 release demo.

What Activision in their wisdom or lackthereof ended up releasing... was a Heavy Gear 2 that was literally TOO heavy feeling at Final Release. Dueling became too heavy feeling and way too cumbersome. Totally unnatural and "tank feeling". Many of us quit the game totally after that. Which was a huge kick to the swingers, especially after hanging with the Shadow Guard.

Word of advice. Tone down the bright candy colors of the Gears. hehhhe Kinda reminds me of a kids toy that the 12 and under crowd like to play with, as apposed to a Hear Gear that I`d wanna be piloting should/would look like. Hint = battlescarred... right outta the gates.

I`ll be keeping an eye on HGA tho. Ya never know, maybe this time it will be treated better than HG 2. Oh yeah, if the game at all resembles how Mechwarrior Online plays, I`ll sit this 1 out.

This comment was edited on May 21, 2013, 09:46.

News Comments > Morning Interviews

1. Re: Morning Interviews May 15, 2013, 11:03 Shataan

So.... the Rift STILL can`t do 1080P yet? It figures. Everything hinges on this Headset being able to do 1920x1080P. All the marketing B/S, and they still have not even come close to that rez barrier. So they show a few pics of the headset itself being worn, and the dude wearing em with a smile. Nice smoke and mirrors.

We have seen this before, been there done that.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced

31. Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order Announced May 7, 2013, 14:39 Shataan

I have very fond memories of Wolfenstein. And I am willing to give it a go if the preview vids look interesting enough. Now if GearBox was doing this? No freaking way.  

News Comments > Evening Patches

3. A CMs patch May 6, 2013, 21:25 Shataan

Roxors. Finally a patch that adds substantial visuals and A.I. quality tweaks.  

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses

54. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Responses May 3, 2013, 19:00 Shataan

"Looks better after the 4gig patch"

The game looked marginally better. FXAA is still broken, a thing that happened AFTER the 4 gig patch update. Still not fixed. Lighting, still questionable as well. MANY of the enviros textures etc, looked dated and washed out. They need work for sure. Think Crysis 3 textures work. THAT is the quality we should be seeing here. Mind you had the much vaunted Custom Lighting System that was created JUST for A CMs, actually worked, maybe they could have gotten away with these low quality textures.

There is still time tho for GB to put out a quality texture update release. If I had to guess, I`d say they have an understudy working on the fixes.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2013, 19:05.

1487 Comments. 75 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >