Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20589 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
12. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 22, 2017, 07:37 Retired

Game didn't even register on the Steam Stats for the weekend of Top 100 games. hahahahaha  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 11 Million Paladins and Counting
13. Re: 11 Million Paladins and Counting May 22, 2017, 07:34 Retired

11 Million Paladins, but only 40k active ones. Seems legit....  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 May 21, 2017, 12:50 Retired

xXStellarDadXx wrote on May 21, 2017, 12:46:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS no.1...never would have guessed that..anyway ...gotta get back to PUBG...

Yea it is well deserved. Even as an EA title it is really good. The server connections and lag are upsetting at times, but DUO and GROUPS games don't seem to suffer like SOLO does. The game is a blast. New map coming in a few months.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend
3. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Free Weekend May 20, 2017, 09:49 Retired

Well considering the only CoD game on the list of stats of Top100 games currently being played on Steam is Black Ops 3.......not going well....

I find the CoD games are fragmented quickly and the player base dwindles after the first month. Considering a game 2 iterations ago is the only one in the top 100, and the lowest player count on the list is 3,500 people....

25. Re: Steam Top 10 May 16, 2017, 09:19 Retired

Blahman wrote on May 15, 2017, 18:13:
Retired wrote on May 15, 2017, 09:43:
as well as being able to view everyone's stats....

https://pubg.me/

Not sure how often that updates, but it is way off. Looks to be a few days old.

Thanks for sharing. Has some additional info in there. Very cool.

24. Re: Steam Top 10 May 16, 2017, 09:18 Retired

SpectralMeat wrote on May 16, 2017, 08:17:
Retired wrote on May 16, 2017, 07:39:
I used him as bait at the end.
Some nice friend you are

We won. Allthumbsup

22. Re: Steam Top 10 May 16, 2017, 07:39 Retired

Slick wrote on May 15, 2017, 12:59:
Lol I really did! Played for about 10 hours. I won 4x rounds with my group of 4, and then i did duos into the wee hours with a good friend, and we started getting wins.

It's surprisingly easy to make it to the last 10 people alive, if you don't get popped in the first 2 minutes, which doesn't really waste that much time restarting the round. But yeah, 99% of the game happens when there's only 10x alive, and if you have a good team with working brains, you have a better chance than most.

Well group and duo is way easier to win than solo.....get even a half decent set of people and win a lot.

I won with a friend who had the game installed for 2 hours. It was 2v2, I told him where to go the whole time. I used him as bait at the end.

15. Re: Steam Top 10 May 15, 2017, 09:43 Retired

VaranDragon wrote on May 15, 2017, 04:03:
Slick wrote on May 15, 2017, 03:22:
xXStellarDadXx wrote on May 14, 2017, 16:47:
PUBG is thy greatest game ever made peeps...u can thank me later...

I won 8 rounds today.

You just can't help yourself, can you?

That is 4 SOLID hours of play (just counting wins).....I would like to see the stats....as I doubt it. Each win round is just over 30 minutes if quick. They usually last 35 minutes.

In just under 200 hours of the EA:
Solo: 193 rounds, 7 wins. (Avg life 16 mins) - Top 10 20% of the time.
Duo: 188 rounds: 5 wins. (Avg life 17 mins)
Squad: 90 rounds, 4 wins. (Avg life 17 mins)

None of those were easy, and they came with a great deal of circle and loot luck.

Game is super addictive. I am really looking forward to some updates when they include full 2D and 3D replay so you can call out hackers and learn better tactics, as well as being able to view everyone's stats....

There is currently very little to NO anti-cheat.

The best win % I have seen in the leader boards is about 20%......

This comment was edited on May 15, 2017, 10:16.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue May 13, 2017, 15:21 Retired

Woot. Progress on bathroom. Hardie board is down, floor tile goes in next week!

Estonian Police Stop Fleeing Car with Spike Strip.

That was very very very dangerous, and directly against how you are supposed to deploy those things! Dude had no cover at all. Lucky he isn't dead.

Not worth your life just to get the sticks on a guy. I ALWAYS deploy from behind a barrier or bridge support.

19. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2017, 23:10 Retired

eRe4s3r wrote on May 11, 2017, 14:03:
Retired wrote on May 11, 2017, 12:50:
eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2017, 19:38:
The Half Elf wrote on May 10, 2017, 12:15:
Contractors are like a toilet plunger. You don't need one till you need one.
And most people have no idea what is needed to skill wise or material wise to make/fix the issue. Similar to building a PC. Some people will take the time to learn the process or find out what is needed and do it, others just want the PC to work and will throw money at it.
But most projects aren't just X Y Z.
For example you have a leaking pipe in the bathroom. Well how long has it been leaking? Did it cause damage to the floor/wall/ceiling? Is there mold? Was there anything else that was damaged that needed to be replaced?

Considering it took me damn near 2 months to even notice I had a drip leaking pipe I can totally agree, finding this took over 2 hours by the contractor I had called. He had to hand feel literally every single pipe up there, remove the foam insulation, and put it back together. After he too agreed that a heating unit losing water at a steady and measurable rate is probably a leaky pipe. And finding it was just the first step, then he had to get heavy machinery, cut pipes apart, bend them to fit again and reseal everything. I can't even fathom how you would do that in the completely blocked maintenance shaft where the pipes go all down into the basement. If anything leaks there I guess there are going to be many new holes in this house afterwards.

Ps.: I am still extremely thankful the leaking pipe was JUST before the pipe shaft. And it was so impossible hard to find because the stupid foam soaked it up and it evaporated without running or dripping anywhere with a noise or even visibly... so yeah, piping and anything involving water or gas are such complicated complex and impossibly multi-staged problems to even diagnose that I don't envy the guys doing this job. You don't just need to have good skills, you need to be able to detect, think and reason at a level that puts detectives to shame.

Anyone with copper pipes will eventually have tons of problems. They deteriorate, which they did not think was going to happen. Everything is PEX now. A ton easier as well, super fast, easy connections, bendable around objects, etc - oh and hella cheaper.

Good luck.

Yeah, but replacing piping is an all or nothing thing usually Hardly a cheap repair option. And for my gas heating unit I'd be really really worried with PEX pipes.... are they stable up to 100C yet? That's not operating temp outside of the cycle in the heating unit, but a faulty temps sensor can easily trigger a temperature surge before shut-down.

Yup. There is red, blue, and white pex. Each rated differently.

14. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2017, 12:50 Retired

eRe4s3r wrote on May 10, 2017, 19:38:
The Half Elf wrote on May 10, 2017, 12:15:
Contractors are like a toilet plunger. You don't need one till you need one.
And most people have no idea what is needed to skill wise or material wise to make/fix the issue. Similar to building a PC. Some people will take the time to learn the process or find out what is needed and do it, others just want the PC to work and will throw money at it.
But most projects aren't just X Y Z.
For example you have a leaking pipe in the bathroom. Well how long has it been leaking? Did it cause damage to the floor/wall/ceiling? Is there mold? Was there anything else that was damaged that needed to be replaced?

Considering it took me damn near 2 months to even notice I had a drip leaking pipe I can totally agree, finding this took over 2 hours by the contractor I had called. He had to hand feel literally every single pipe up there, remove the foam insulation, and put it back together. After he too agreed that a heating unit losing water at a steady and measurable rate is probably a leaky pipe. And finding it was just the first step, then he had to get heavy machinery, cut pipes apart, bend them to fit again and reseal everything. I can't even fathom how you would do that in the completely blocked maintenance shaft where the pipes go all down into the basement. If anything leaks there I guess there are going to be many new holes in this house afterwards.

Ps.: I am still extremely thankful the leaking pipe was JUST before the pipe shaft. And it was so impossible hard to find because the stupid foam soaked it up and it evaporated without running or dripping anywhere with a noise or even visibly... so yeah, piping and anything involving water or gas are such complicated complex and impossibly multi-staged problems to even diagnose that I don't envy the guys doing this job. You don't just need to have good skills, you need to be able to detect, think and reason at a level that puts detectives to shame.

Anyone with copper pipes will eventually have tons of problems. They deteriorate, which they did not think was going to happen. Everything is PEX now. A ton easier as well, super fast, easy connections, bendable around objects, etc - oh and hella cheaper.

Good luck.

37. Re: Emergency Monitor Recommendations May 11, 2017, 06:59 Retired

RedEye9 wrote on May 10, 2017, 10:54:
MeanJim wrote on May 10, 2017, 09:58:
Pigeon wrote on May 10, 2017, 08:27:
Well you can always get a free-sync monitor knowing you won't be using the free-sync part. Also 1080p monitors are cheap right now, so you could pick one up as a close gap till the 1440p market produces something you're interested in. Plus you'd have a spare/secondary monitor.

I've thought about that too, but since I'm spending money I might as well upgrade. Right now I'm leaning toward a 1440p 60Hz monitor. Sticking with 60Hz is half the cost of a whatever-sync monitor. I don't even know if 144Hz would benefit me since I don't play twitchy competitive multi-player games anymore. I'm sure it would still give a better experience in single-player games by having more responsive controls, but is it worth the price?

BTW, I left my system on overnight with the monitor sleep disabled, but I hate doing that. I'm really paranoid about leaving my system on when I'm asleep or not at home. I used to only turn it off when I was asleep because the noise and LEDs bothered me. I used to turn it on in the morning and leave it on until I went to bed, but a few years ago about 5 minutes after getting home, smoke and flames started pouring out of my PSU. I was going to pick up food on my way home, but the line at the place I was going to stop at was long so I just went straight home instead. I don't think I would have had anything to come home to if I did decide to stop and wait in that line.
Probably a lot more than you want to spend.
Acer Predator XB1 27 Inch IPS 165hz @costco $599 w/GSYNC normally $682-799.

edit: nvrm
The post I linked to is 2 months old, it still has some monitor info you might find useful.

I have that monitor. It is awesome.

31. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2017, 05:28 Retired

Mr. Tact wrote on May 9, 2017, 20:24:
Retired wrote on May 9, 2017, 19:57:
Bathroom project is stalled out. Tile people either don't show at all or won't return messages......
Bummer. I have to say, I definitely paid near the top end for my bathroom remodel, but at least it went well at every step of the process. ($30k for a strip to the studs, replace everything)

That is about what mine WOULD HAVE cost had I not done most of it myself. I raised the ceiling about 3 feet as well.

If I add up all the time a contractor was here it is only about 16 hours (plumbing, electrical, general). Otherwise I did majority of it.

My $25k bathroom will end up costing about $6k.

That being said, the delay is because of the way I chose to have it done. To me, it is worth it.

21. Re: Out of the Blue May 9, 2017, 19:57 Retired

However, finding good help with openings on their schedule is a whole other matter.

Bathroom project is stalled out. Tile people either don't show at all or won't return messages......

9. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2017, 22:34 Retired

They were Nazis dude?

19. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2017, 21:40 Retired

Anyone know if all the mods work yet? My original game gets played more than the SE. Fully modded original is such an amazing game.  

10. Re: Steam Top 10 May 8, 2017, 10:39 Retired

A couple things to note:
#5, they did a round of bans this past week.....
#3, gotta keep those hax accounts active!
#6, HOW IS THIS GAME STILL ON HERE!?
#7, Also odd it is on a list at this point

Thought Outlast 2 would be higher, hope to see it up there next week.

News Comments > DayZ Beta Nears
5. Re: DayZ Beta Nears May 6, 2017, 04:11 Retired

There are so many other better products out there. They were a successful cash grab and the result was a pretty weak product. I feel shame for believing the hype.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue May 5, 2017, 11:47 Retired

Just put together a pot of pork verde and cranked out some quac. Be eating good tonight!  

20589 Comments. 1030 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo