Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20440 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 17, 2016, 14:07 Retired

Haven't left the house in 3 days, have almost a foot of snow outside. Not looking forward to work tonight.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance
18. Re: Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance Dec 16, 2016, 15:01 Retired

Morgan19 wrote on Dec 16, 2016, 09:26
uestion: Do you actually have to download them at this point, or can you just somehow "add" them to your account and download them in the future if you ever want to play? [/quote:

Just adds them to your account.

News Comments > Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance
17. Re: Ubisoft Giveaway Second Chance Dec 16, 2016, 15:00 Retired

I had to click on it through the client, then it went to that same page and worked. The problem now is that I have 2 copies of the games that I already had......they suck at this.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
1. Re: Morning Mobilization Dec 16, 2016, 14:59 Retired

Apple will replace sell you a lost AirPod for $69.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 16, 2016, 08:55 Retired

Shok wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 17:02:
Retired wrote on Dec 14, 2016, 16:53:
Comcast Xfinity causes multiple slide offs and an accident with injury. - videos. Thanks Jalopnik via nin.

Maybe JUST MAYBE, he is making it worse?

He was adding salt to the road at least.

He is another obstacle, when people are walking on the road or very close to it, the driver will focus on that and not the road ahead. I would imagine he himself caused half of those accidents.

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 14, 2016, 16:53 Retired

Comcast Xfinity causes multiple slide offs and an accident with injury. - videos. Thanks Jalopnik via nin.

Maybe JUST MAYBE, he is making it worse?

19. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 22:09 Retired

PHJF wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 19:47:
Made Vegeterian Chili Verde the other day and it was quite good, even for a meat eater.

We have been making porke verde lately. Can damn near drink that stuff it is sooooop good. We will try that one.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 22:08 Retired

Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 16:30:
Retired wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 15:55:
I make a bean version, just more hearty and lasts longer.

My wife makes a killer salsa that can be easily altered.

Making rooster beaks is about as easy as it gets man. I'll never understand when people talk about how they make a killer whatever when it's a simple dish to begin with. Make a killer beef Wellington and I'll be impressed. Every pub everywhere you go always has "killer" wings. Really? How fucking hard is it to cook chicken wings?

Well, most joints wings are terrible people just dont know because they havent actually had really good wings.

Salsa is like guac, although simple it is easily screwed up and hard to find something good.

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches
6. Re: American Truck Simulator Rescale Launches Dec 13, 2016, 15:58 Retired

El Pit wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 10:52:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 08:41:
The Half Elf wrote on Dec 13, 2016, 07:54:
Sadly does not include Interstate 76

You'd think ActiBlizzard would be thinking about a remake sometime soon.

They would turn it into a MOBA or a card game.

*BARF

Lets just leave this alone. Some things are better in memory than re-implementation. You ever go back and play some of your "favorite" games from when you were a kid? We have been so spoiled by technology and growth that at times when I play some of those games it wrecks my joy. Most of them suck.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 13, 2016, 15:55 Retired

I make a bean version, just more hearty and lasts longer.

My wife makes a killer salsa that can be easily altered.

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Dec 13, 2016, 15:45 Retired

Speaking of Congress. Buddy is in the National Guard - and I don't know who is at fault, but nationwide, people showed up for Guard drill this past weekend and not all of the locations notified people of the following information;

"We did not pass a budget this month, so no guard - We have no money".

Fail at so many levels. My buddy got a call the night before (had already taken off of work and planned ahead) but he has buddies nationwide that told him they drove HOURS and took of MANY DAYS of work to show up for duty and no one said a thing.

Maybe just leave this here.....

News Comments > Grand Theft Auto Online Import/Export Update
1. Re: Grand Theft Auto Online Import/Export Update Dec 13, 2016, 15:32 Retired

Have they stopped the cheaters yet?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 12, 2016, 08:06 Retired

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 19:54:
Quboid wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 17:51:
jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 17:27:
Scientists make huge chemotherapy breakthrough.

So simple.

I'm surprised by that headline, no pun intended. Is losing one's hair a significant enough problem that reducing this can be called "huge" when someone is dealing with a serious illness and high risk of death?

I'm lucky enough to have no personal experience so I may be undervaluing issues of self-confidence and dignity, and baldness is much less taboo for me than for half the population, so maybe I'm being an insensitive dick.

You're not wrong. It's a massively inappropriate clickbait title. I saw that and thought, 'Wow, maybe they've found a way to do chemo without people getting sicker?!' When your life is on the line vanity comes way down the list of what's important.

Although I don't disagree with Cutter, I disagree that cutting/losing one's hair during an already chaotic and life destroying scenario just adds to the emotional and psychological damage.

Seems simple and not a big deal to those who have not had a loved one have to go through it.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2016, 17:31 Retired

cozy bathrobe to use it on.

Please tell me you also bought a box of cigars and a nice bottle of Whiskey.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
33. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 17:30 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 15:40:
Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 11:20:
Retired wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 11:05:
How awesome their life is they have to complain about working 2 hours a day and making MILLIONS. boooohoooo.
While I agree in general with the sentiment, the work required to post quality YouTube videos is generally underestimated. Especially for Let's Play posters who play many hours and edit it down to a palatable 20-30 minute video.

Do not mistake this as a defense for PewDiePie...

PewDiePie works 50-60 hours per week. I've done video editing, and it takes a lot of time. I'm not saying it isn't an easy life, but it is a full time job for these top earners.

He reminds me of cry baby NFL players that do sit-ups in their driveway for the cameras and t hen get mad they don't get a new contract. Or say things like "My kids gotta eat".

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
11. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 11, 2016, 11:24 Retired

Cutter wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 10:15:
Dev wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 21:44:
Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 11:07:
Well I'm not driving around there so I'll never have anything to worry about. I love how that works. Wry
It's just starting there. Nothing stopping it from happening elsewhere.
Like credit card skimming is becoming widespread in USA, started in big cities. And now credit card companies just brilliantly pushed deadlines back another few years for gas stations to upgrade to chip.

That emoticon I'm using is the "wry" one.

Wry would you do that!? Rolleyes

27. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 11:21 Retired

Mr. Tact wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 11:20:
Retired wrote on Dec 11, 2016, 11:05:
How awesome their life is they have to complain about working 2 hours a day and making MILLIONS. boooohoooo.
While I agree in general with the sentiment, the work required to post quality YouTube videos is generally underestimated. Especially for Let's Play posters who play many hours and edit it down to a palatable 20-30 minute video.

Do not mistake this as a defense for PewDiePie...

Understood, as I know we have youtubers who do hundreds of hours a week that visit here for gamer stuff, but those top 10 are idiots for what they make and do.....money would be better spent on those who we know around here.

25. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 11, 2016, 11:05 Retired

Cutter wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 10:58:
And some of those motherfuckers have the gall to complain they're not making enough? Fuck off and die. Seriously.

Protip: If you're letting someone pressure you into doing something stupid enough to kill you, they aren't the problem.

Nice one WC, like it, like it!

They make money doing literally NOTHING. None of us did it because we have morals and believe we should be contributing members of society.

Mo Money mo problems. I know a hell of a lot of people that make over 1M a year - and honestly, they are some of the most miserable fucking people I know.

/Case in point, I just watched a Tyler Oakley video - and I think I am dumber....more dumb? Fuck....I seriously lost brain cells in those 2 minutes!

//
Live, for the moment. "The pressure is on for extreme athletes to be constantly producing content, and it's getting some of them killed. Thanks HARDOCP.

Interesting article. It is a strange feeling to no longer be able to produce adrenaline, but at the same time these people are video taping their near death experiences for fame and fortune, or maybe just because.

I dunno....I will get jumped all over if I say much more, but I live in a world where my work puts me at a certain level of hyper vigilance, and the body crashes after 12 hours of being in that state. Days off are tough, even between shifts is tough to "feel normal". Maybe that is what they feel? I dunno. Some of my biggest extreme sports idols are dead - most freak accidents. It is an ok read, but I think it misses the mark as it focuses to much on social media and not the reality of what they go through.

/.//double hell, did that fucking tyler oakley video just make me post my feelings!?

This comment was edited on Dec 11, 2016, 11:22.

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month
9. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month Dec 11, 2016, 08:11 Retired

Rigs wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 17:57:
sir wrote on Dec 10, 2016, 14:24:
Reminds me of an old joke: What's the difference between a bucket of sand and a bucket of afterbirth? You can't gargle with a bucket of sand.

*walks slowly around sir while keeping eye contact at all times, back against the wall and takes a seat on the other side of the room*

Ahem.

Anyway, at least Jim (fucking) Sterling (son) will be happy, he (fucking) adores this game. I could never get into it even though I love roguelikes. But I'm more into the actual ASCII-type 'pure' rogues, like Brogue (which is awesome on an iPad, btw!), the original Rogue (which is extremely hard to get into) and stuff like Dwarf Fortress's Adventure-mode, along with newer ones like Caves of Qud, COGMind, Claustrophobia, and ADOM...

*continues watching sir from across the room while slowly sipping his sake*

=-Rigs-=

Rigs, have you tried SanctuaryRPG: Black Edition

It is similar to L.O.R.D. (Legend Of the Red Dragon) from back in the BBS days. Great game done right.

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month
5. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ Next Month Dec 10, 2016, 12:24 Retired

Love this game. One of those gems that one comes across every 5-10 years that just stays with you. Also have it on Vita which it is a perfect game for the platform.  

20440 Comments. 1022 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo