Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20335 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
99. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 21:04 Retired

Protesting!? REALLY!? wow.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

59. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:20 Retired

oh, and woke up this AM to another great thing. Voted into law off of the ballot (this was not advertised at all! DUH MEDIA!) Lawmakers in MN can NO LONGER GIVE THEMSELVES RAISES!

57. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:18 Retired

Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 15:24:
BobBob wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:35:
Kxmode wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 14:33:
So far I've made $94 on my mutual fund investments. So there's that. That's about as far as I go. Yay for neutrality!

If you're smart and you can, buy as much as you can afford when they drop. They will rebound, as always.

I don't buy individual stocks, but absolutely. Now, would be the best time to buy. Historically the average has always shown that strong companies, who get hit by some kind of external force (e.g. 2008 housing crisis, election results, and so on), typical out-perform themselves. Warren Buffett said, "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful". In other words, if people are selling, buy!

Logged in to a nice 3.5% gain today. Makes up for the 3% or so loss in the last 2 months leading up to this shitshow. Almost back to my high of 9% for a running 12 month period.

56. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:16 Retired

Anyone enjoy the pundits last night in just utter astonishment that they were so dead wrong that they were speechless? It was beyond hilarious. I only got 2 hours of sleep as I was enjoying them trying to think of something to say without puking all over themselves.

This was a HUGE middle finger to DC and the media.

54. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:14 Retired

RAWR THE WORLD WILL END!

Oh geez, look at that, the market is doing just fine.

134. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 16:10 Retired

Creston wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 10:37:
BobBob wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 10:29:
Well, if that's the case, you're only hope is to get a boat and live in the open sea. Because you're saying that democracy never works. Or do you offer a solution?

Yeah, and it's not that difficult a solution either. Stop with the ridiculous cash contributions for policy. Everyone's railing about the Supreme Court going republican, but it was the democratically led SCOTUS that did the utterly insane "Corporations can now bribe politicians directly" interpretation.

Stop lobbying. Stop bribes. Stop letting Comcast just give a senator 30K in "campaign contributions", and suddenly that Senator is voting that Comcast should be allowed to raise their fees by 17000 dollars a month, and now comcast subscriptions are mandatory for everyone living in their service area.

I mean, they're not even TRYING to hide it anymore.

There used to be a time when this shit was illegal, but not anymore. As long as this goes on, the entire concept of democracy is null and void. Maybe we can call it "Democracy for the Rich."

We don't always agree - but this couldn't be more true. I have been saying this for a long time.

Can't buy votes, yet not one lawmaker writes their own laws. It is all lobbyists BS - which is why it is all funny money law shit and special interests. Anyone that does any homework whats so ever whould be appalled by what goes into these "bills".

89. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 06:01 Retired

El Pit wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 02:29:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 9, 2016, 02:25:
On the one hand, I feel bad for anyone who bought Trump's rhetoric. He intends to follow through on none of it. On the other hand, there has been immense dissatisfaction with the US political system, and it just manifested itself.

The people wanted someone who understands them and the world they have to live in. A man who knows poverty and unemployment first hand. A man of the middle. A man who is not driven by greed. A friendly neighborhood billionaire.
Hillary cannot admit her defeat in public? Wasn't that actually what Trump announced he would do?
Trump will fire lazy non-white US citizens (don't ask, he just WILL) and will outsource US citizenship to China just like he did with the jobs in his companies. See? Problems solved. Easy.

Not defending anything - but posts like this confuse me, as Dems have done this for years and then felt bad about it and included them by selling out and defunding our Social Security.

No one ever does what they say they will once they get into office. The political system is sooooo corrupt in the USA. We just had a president for a whole slew of years who never went BACK to Chicago, never spoke of the corruption there, never talked about or tried to solve anything related to the cess pool he came from, yet was grown and fostered in an environment where several major political players are now in jail. A place where everyone votes twice even the dead.

I hope this is the end of the 2 party system.

88. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 9, 2016, 05:57 Retired

omg he did it!

Well, I hope he kills it. Coming from a State that picked Jesse the Body as our leader - we have seen some weird shit.

I think this is an indication of a rejection of Washington and their politics more than it is a vote for Trump. Will be a fun 4 years!

47. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 17:44 Retired

Somewhere along the way, and it is evident here as well, that if you oppose something/someone you hate them. We have lost the ability to be civil and live next to eachother....  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 15:33 Retired

The Pyro wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 13:30:
Cutter wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 13:21:
I think most people would much rather return to the city-state and live somewhere that aligns with their views than constantly fight with the other half of people who don't.

Unfortunately it's not that easy. Here in TX we have suburbs that lean to the right (politically speaking) while the inner city leans left. It's not like these people are in a different state; they're literally right down the road from you, just in a different neighborhood.

Same thing in Minnesota.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 8, 2016, 15:29 Retired

RedEye9 wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 10:41:
Nothing to fear, the idiocy that was trump will fade away and normalcy will return.

You say it like we are "winning" something with her in office......Clinton is to be feared. We lost either way.

News Comments > Steam Redesign
16. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 8, 2016, 08:59 Retired

Qbex . wrote on Nov 8, 2016, 04:31:
finally a way to filter store items - "3 tags to seen less off"
piss off - moba, free to play , early access
this is a good update

upper right corner of featured bar-> small tooltip down arrow -> preferences

or settings/ account details / preferences

Thought you could do that for some time now....like.....9 months or so?

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Nov 8, 2016, 01:28 Retired

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 17:53:
how much fun could farming simulator be?

They are painful. Not sure the reason for their success, which says a lot if they are beating CoD! Hahahahah

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Nov 8, 2016, 01:24 Retired

Sooooo they arent going after the ad company, just Facebook because $. They even mention they arent trying to shut it down. Idiots.  

News Comments > Steam Redesign
8. Re: Steam Redesign Nov 8, 2016, 01:19 Retired

born2expire wrote on Nov 7, 2016, 22:28:
Screw the store, fix the damn scrolling all ready!

Thought it was just me, it is super jumpy no longer smooth, and once i go down from top i cant treturn to the top.....

17. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 6, 2016, 19:01 Retired

Happy B-day Gman. Getting ready to put one of our dogs down. The Dr gave us some time with meds, but probably will have to be soon. Has several growths in his belly, lost 20 pounds in a month, not eating, etc etc etc. Killing me. On prednazone and some other drugs to get him to eat and be comfy. We are told he isn't in pain, but he won't recover. fml.  

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
22. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 4, 2016, 22:43 Retired

NotOneOfUs wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 19:44:
Still waiting on offline mode.

Good luck with that. Welcome to 2002.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Selfie Exposť
5. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Selfie Exposť Nov 4, 2016, 18:14 Retired

Don't really see the reason for this crap tastic "video".

I really enjoy the first game, will wait for a sale for the 2nd.

News Comments > Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced
15. Re: Diablo III Classic Diablo Mode & Necromancer Announced Nov 4, 2016, 18:08 Retired

hmmm, I wonder if they will be able to figure out how to do random levels?  

23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2016, 16:17 Retired

Enahs wrote on Nov 4, 2016, 15:36:
The new Prius Prime. Plugin hybrid. You get a short range electric car and a really efficient gas car when you need to go further. You then have her ask her work about charging while there, if they do not already have it. And don't pay for any travel except long trips. Businesses get tons of tax breaks for having electric car charging stations. She gets to use the HOV lane there by her self, lower tolls where they apply, and no longer has to do the yearly inspection. Plus lots of tax credits when buying it. Probably about $4K federal and you may even qualify for upto $5K from state. And it isn't really all that expensive.

Until the batteries need maintenance. Plenty of studies that say the hybrids are worse for the environment than gas guzzlers.

20335 Comments. 1017 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo