Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20877 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Top 10
37. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 1, 2018, 08:45 Retired

So toxic in here.....  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
39. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 10:14 Retired

Beamer wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 10:03:
1badmf wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 19:47:
NamecaF wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 19:24:
LOL. I love you armchair detectives. You have no idea how the real world or tactical situations work.

i mean, like i said in yesterday's article, it's the cop's job to risk their lives to protect their citizenry. yes, even from themselves. it should be their standard operating procedure to assume a suspect is innocent until there is incontrovertible proof he's a danger.

yes it will lead to more cop deaths.

but if more cop deaths leads to a corresponding drop in innocent people being murdered in their own homes by the police, i am perfectly ok with that. i know personally, if i was a swat officer, i wouldn't shoot until i actually saw a gun. would that be too late? likely, but at least i didn't kill someone i was supposed to be protecting in his own home. the death of police is an inevitability of the job. the death of innocent people by law enforcement should not be.

This. If a cop is ready to kill, he needs to be ready to die. And paid accordingly. In many places, they're paid far more than soldiers. Around here, six figures with pensions.

I think anyone stating a human should die because of their job is a puke.

38. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 10:13 Retired

Quboid wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 08:47:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 08:10:
Retired wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 08:05:
Or park down the street, point a shotgun mic at the house wall from 100' away, then call them. Listen to what's going on inside the house before, during, and after the call.

Illegal.
But it's legal to shoot an unarmed, innocent man who is pulling up their pants.

It's OK for a cop to break the law if they decide it might help them avoid breaking a more important law?

What's needed for that sort of surveillance? Is there a warrant, and if so how quickly can one be got?

No. The US Supreme Court has ruled surveillance that penetrates houses is not legal. ie: Thermal imagers, sound, etc. It violates people's right to privacy.

31. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 08:05 Retired

Or park down the street, point a shotgun mic at the house wall from 100' away, then call them. Listen to what's going on inside the house before, during, and after the call.

Illegal.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Bonuses
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Bonuses Dec 29, 2017, 19:24 Retired

DOUBLE THE HAX!  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
20. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 29, 2017, 10:20 Retired

A Gigantic Hot Wheels Track That Starts From A Second-Story Window Is Basically My Childhood Fantasy.

That is one expensive track. Those pieces to extend tracks are HELLA expensive!

News Comments > BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG
28. Re: BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG Dec 29, 2017, 08:20 Retired

aka_STEVE wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 08:04:
Seriously I wonder if you guys are right.... if the companies put an end to items that you could sell for real cash, would that cut down on the foreign hackers farming for crap constantly ?...or is their always going to be some kind of workaround to sell?
Like high level gear on a character w/ great weapons - they sell the entire account then or what ?

I don't have the answers. I'd just like somebody to figure it all out and implement it.

Remove money related items, and 99.9% of cheaters move on. They will farm something else.

News Comments > PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding
22. Re: PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding Dec 29, 2017, 04:42 Retired

Muscular Beaver wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 20:01:
Timmeh wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 17:26:
where you have to click like 5 times to pick up an object or open a door.
Isnt different on the PC. I regularly got extremely mad because it didnt close a door even though I hit the key several times, or when picking up things...
Delays drive me nuts in a game, and this one is extremely bad.

If you are clicking things to pick them up, you are doing it wrong. TAB drag loot.

21. Re: PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding Dec 29, 2017, 04:41 Retired

xXStellarDadXx wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 16:53:
Creston wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 15:45:
Rubberbanding ruins games. They better figure that shit out quick.
u gotta make sure u pick us servers...mine was set to asian and didnt realize it till i happened to look down and see it....gameplay was much better afterwards ...though not perfect

Yup same. I apparently played 6 games on AS servers before I realized it. Even after moving it, I have to make sure it is NA, as every restart of the program it goes back to AS? odd.

News Comments > BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG
23. Re: BattlEye Bans a Boatload in PUBG Dec 29, 2017, 04:33 Retired

Haven't played since the 1GB update yesterday? Been busy around the house with projects. Hope it helps. I have been killed more recently by hackers in about 50% of the games I play. Watching replays makes it so obvious, they aren't even trying to hide the fact they are cheating.

I made some posts and I do see a few were removed from the top 10. When the headshot % is 60%+ I don't understand how that escapes their checks and balances.

/edit: Played 4 games. Not noticing any cheaters, but didn't watch full replays or pay much attention to kill feed. My deaths were all legit.

This comment was edited on Dec 29, 2017, 06:04.

1. Re: PUBG Looks to Rebound from Rubber Banding Dec 28, 2017, 10:03 Retired

Anti cheat should be #1-#10 top priority. It is worse now than it ever has been.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Dec 25, 2017, 20:07 Retired

Cutter wrote on Dec 24, 2017, 14:21:
I snagged one of those leaf antennas and it's good enough that in the spring I'm going to go see one of those antenna stores - one is close by - and see about getting a good roof mounted one. Unfortunately for streaming in Canada we only have Crave and Netflix and both suck here. So streaming up here isn't really an option if you watch a lot of TV. Thankfully I don't so the antenna should do me fine.

We cut the cord a few years back and we watch less TV. But 3 adults and a kid use ALOT of data and go over my 1TB a month from Comcast every month. Worth it just to not have commercials.

I also want to check out a better antenna unit. The small TV ones are crap.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 25, 2017, 11:11 Retired

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 25, 2017, 10:22:
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive is back on the list, I wonder if it's paid for itself yet?

Game should be free - they make hundreds of millions on the skins.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 21, 2017, 21:55 Retired

Call Of Duty: WW 2 Passes $1 Billion In Worldwide Sales…

Spend that to try and stop hackers. What a joke.

News Comments > PUBG Launches
21. Re: PUBG Launches Dec 21, 2017, 21:53 Retired

Finally got to play some. Menu loading is still jacked, loading into game is still jacked as well. Stats aren't loading until several minutes in the menu, so I assume the stat servers is getting hammered.

The game is better with 1.0 in every sense. Gunplay is way better, game runs smooth (over 100 frames the whole game), looks great, they tweaked vehicles, motorcycles aren't so fragile, etc.

I am impressed. This is the best the game has been. Hand rubber banding the first 30 seconds of the game, but I typically don't land with other people to fight right away, so zero problem for me.

Not a fan of the loadout or menus. Not sure why they changed them so drastically.

20. Re: PUBG Launches Dec 21, 2017, 19:02 Retired

Numinar wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 18:47:
Retired wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 17:16:
Sepharo wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 17:03:
The new map and update are really running way better than before.
My roommate and I have nearly 20 fps increase and things just feel smoother in general.
Vaulting is a huge game change too.

Fired it up this AM - started a game, intentionally did not play BETA so I could play the new map with the update.

Join a game, gets stuck at title screen, but I can hear people talking and the plane in the background. ALT-F4, went and got something to eat. Came back, figured I would try it again as I read they were having lots of issues with the 1.0 servers.

Get to title screen, says game is still in progress!? hahaha figured my AFK ass would be dead instantly. I load up the game, I am near the southern coast all by myself. I run and find some ok loot right away. 25 left! I run my tail off, stay on the blue line, find some houses that have not been looted, weird. End up getting a few kills along the way and get 2nd level gear.

Do the belly crawl near last few circles since I don't have a sight, just a couple ACOGs. Grabbed a silenced ump off some dude I killed.

Ended up with 3 kills and 2nd place. Circle favored the other guy, he had a rock. gg. This is why the game is awesome.

It isn't a twitch game. You can be tactical.

Yep! Game is great in spite of it's issues. On twitch I watch Notthatwillsmith because like me he is a terrible shot/twitch gamer, who misses pickups on the ground because he is probably legally blind, but has an awesome winrate with his buddies because he makes good tactical decisions. And because there is no crafting/building, tactical decisions is all you make. (Basic stuff from Arma like how to use terrain will keep you alive a lot of the time).

It's the same as the Arma experience, 20 minutes of looting/walking with a chance of a surprise violent end except much less of a pain to set up and replay.

There was a problem with the leaderboards, so I got to rank 29 last night in OCE duo due to the actual good people not having their shit recorded for a few hours. I'll enjoy that and the sick new replay feature showing how awesome/lucky we were while I settle back down to my natural spot a few tens of thousands positions lower...

Game is much better optimised now. Had a few games without lag at the start, and a few with that still wasn't as bad as the test server lag. I'm sure they will work it out eventually.

Yea I actually spent more time in the replay than the actual match .a hahahhaha I like to see how other people move around and why they do what they do. So interesting.

News Comments > Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway
1. Re: Steam Winter Sale and Steam Awards Underway Dec 21, 2017, 18:55 Retired

Anyone see much worth getting? Been on PUBG and Shadow of War - consuming what little gaming time I have lately.

/if you don't have a steam link, they are cool to mess around with at 4.99 - unless you can HDMI straight to your tv. ps3 and ps4 controllers work with it.

18. Re: PUBG Launches Dec 21, 2017, 17:16 Retired

Sepharo wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 17:03:
The new map and update are really running way better than before.
My roommate and I have nearly 20 fps increase and things just feel smoother in general.
Vaulting is a huge game change too.

Fired it up this AM - started a game, intentionally did not play BETA so I could play the new map with the update.

Join a game, gets stuck at title screen, but I can hear people talking and the plane in the background. ALT-F4, went and got something to eat. Came back, figured I would try it again as I read they were having lots of issues with the 1.0 servers.

Get to title screen, says game is still in progress!? hahaha figured my AFK ass would be dead instantly. I load up the game, I am near the southern coast all by myself. I run and find some ok loot right away. 25 left! I run my tail off, stay on the blue line, find some houses that have not been looted, weird. End up getting a few kills along the way and get 2nd level gear.

Do the belly crawl near last few circles since I don't have a sight, just a couple ACOGs. Grabbed a silenced ump off some dude I killed.

Ended up with 3 kills and 2nd place. Circle favored the other guy, he had a rock. gg. This is why the game is awesome.

It isn't a twitch game. You can be tactical.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Dec 21, 2017, 04:10 Retired

NKD wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 02:51:
Retired wrote on Dec 21, 2017, 01:00:
NKD wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 22:21:
Why would we want this information? It's not like we can do anything with it. If some guy is trying to kill cops, presumably the cops already know, since they are sending out this alert. And since the rest of us aren't cops...

Get back to me when you can alert me when me or my neighbors lives are in imminent danger. That's something I can do something about.

I would argue that you ARE in imminent danger, as at the point of a Blue alert, they have indicated they will do anything to get away.

But hey, what do I know. Lets just turn off Amber alert too right? Cause hell, it isn't YOUR kid so why would you need to know that info?

Idiots.

History shows that when the police are in pursuit of a cop killer, it's usually the police who end up shooting bystanders that aren't the suspects target, not the suspect. See: Christopher Dorner chase which had two incidents of random civvies being fired upon by the cops.

Maybe they ought to give us a "Blue Alert" when there's a cop within 500 yards so we can all stay inside and shut the lights off hoping you guys won't notice us and decide we "match the description of a suspect you're looking for."

Maybe if y'all stopped using steroids, and stealing the amphetamines from the evidence locker and using them before your shifts, y'all wouldn't be so fucked up. Your avatar is right on, all you cops see is black, white, and blue. Particularly black.

Yea go with that....good luck.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Dec 21, 2017, 01:00 Retired

NKD wrote on Dec 20, 2017, 22:21:
Why would we want this information? It's not like we can do anything with it. If some guy is trying to kill cops, presumably the cops already know, since they are sending out this alert. And since the rest of us aren't cops...

Get back to me when you can alert me when me or my neighbors lives are in imminent danger. That's something I can do something about.

I would argue that you ARE in imminent danger, as at the point of a Blue alert, they have indicated they will do anything to get away.

But hey, what do I know. Lets just turn off Amber alert too right? Cause hell, it isn't YOUR kid so why would you need to know that info?

Idiots.

20877 Comments. 1044 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo