Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20336 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2015, 18:12 Retired

Also, pool participants, remember, remember to get your picks in.

Left window open and forgot to hit save for the first set of games - went back at halftime to check how I was doing.......NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
42. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 16:53 Retired

Peter M. Smith wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 16:36:
Retired wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 15:55:
Posted in the other thread about the skills (or lack there of) and SPECIAL thread - not sure I am keen on how they no longer use true skills....I feel like I am forced to get a "skill" I don't want, to get a later one in the same silo of SPECIAL. Seems like a waste.

Removal of LEVEL CAP seems like a bad move as well....

Functionally, they're the same thing. To perform a task, you must fulfill a requirement. In FO3, for example, I needed to have my Lockpick skill above 50 to get through an Average lock. In FO4 it appears that I need to have a Perception of 4/Locksmith of 1 to get through an Advanced lock. In FO3 I'd have to put a few levels worth of skill points into the character to hit that 50 threshold. In FO4 if my Perception is at 4 I can spend the level advancement perk point on Locksmith after the first level advancement. I don't have to walk through the underlying Perks (Pickpocket, Rifleman, Awareness) to get access to Locksmith, I can go directly to Locksmith.

As for the removal of the level cap, I'm glad. I'd like the ability to build the Master Of All character, if I feel like putting the time in.

k, gotta look at one of the builder tools then. Try some things.....on the level cap for previous, just do a mod that gives you points/stats for every level. You are OP, but same thing.

38. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 16:09 Retired

Going to try it out (wasn't going to - and would not be if MrGrosser and I weren't family, since he bought it). I feel like there will be to much spoiler action going on....so I better at least put some hours into it before shelving it for next year's mods.

/The institute can't find me if I don't want to be found.....just saying.

35. Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer Nov 5, 2015, 15:55 Retired

Posted in the other thread about the skills (or lack there of) and SPECIAL thread - not sure I am keen on how they no longer use true skills....I feel like I am forced to get a "skill" I don't want, to get a later one in the same silo of SPECIAL. Seems like a waste.

Removal of LEVEL CAP seems like a bad move as well....

News Comments > Fallout 4 Build Planner
4. Re: Fallout 4 Build Planner Nov 5, 2015, 15:47 Retired

Task wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 10:57:
Since it seems there is now little point to intelligence/perception for questing from the leaks (and seemingly only for building things and not talking your way out of things), max endurance/strength is best ... so 10 STR, 10 END, and then 4 Luck. It only requires 3 luck to get Bloody Mess, Max Bloody mess also kills surrounding opponents, max iron fist (double melee damagex4), max endurance skills, max adamantium, max toughness, max life giver (auto-heal). Ultimate in cheese, definitely some OP easy-time skyrimmy skills in there.

In previous games, you could get Stats to 12+, is this still possible does anyone know? (I am not talking about temp buffs, if you made an item 10 at the start, there are things along the way that give you perm stat increase, or a weapon gives you +1 something - is that in this one?)

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
13. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 11:33 Retired

ahahahahahah  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront Trailer
8. Re: Star Wars Battlefront Trailer Nov 3, 2015, 21:28 Retired

nin wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 21:22:
jdreyer wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 21:21:
That's some pretty awesome spectacle. A shame the game play isn't there to go with it, and they don't allow modding to let someone build what they obviously are afraid to.
And the lack of story mode/single player. This looks so fantastic, yet the beta was so blah...
Oh well. I'll have Fallout and Just Cause 3. And Starcraft. And AC. And Uncharted. And Wasteland with Divinity.
Feast or famine!

Yea gotta finish FC4 and DR3 (playing with Half) then get ready for JC3. Bummed it is a month away.

Waiting on FO4 until Spring/Mods.
MrGrosser bought Symdicate and we are family (family share).
Wasteland2 (i suck total nutz).

And Isaac Afterbirth is taking ALL OF MY TIME right now.....

/and going back to work....been a long 10 months.

//oh snaps. Totes forgot about Witcher3! oh man.....I might have to hold off work for another month.....

News Comments > Elder Scrolls Online Orsinium DLC Released
12. Re: Elder Scrolls Online Orsinium DLC Released Nov 3, 2015, 19:47 Retired

I really love this game, and goaded Half Elf into playing it as well. It is so much fun. I just really enjoy being in the ES world. They have made a TON of changes to the game since day0. Some good some bad, but it is still a hell of a lot of fun.

(disclaimer: I am not a MMO fan, and I don't play MMOs - so I don't know all that bla bla this and that to compare to)

17. Re: Star Trek Back On TV! Nov 2, 2015, 21:43 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 18:49:
Cutter wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 15:44:
Don't quote the trolls. Seriously. Put that clown on ignore with the rest of them.
I don't put anyone on ignore. Not even you dude!

I am all looking around confused......not one post in this thread ignored by me (VERY RARE) - I actually had to READ everything to get the insinuation that someone is a troll......so confused.....all my buddies up in here.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
1. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 2, 2015, 21:41 Retired

T-Mobile: facepalm  

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
26. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 21:37 Retired

DangerDog wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 14:42:
Retired wrote on Nov 2, 2015, 11:29:
Watching the videos didn't change me wanting to wait......how come it looks like Black Ops 2 Nuketown? Annoying. Sure is a bright and beautiful place for a fallout game. I don't like the art direction.

You actually want everything to be cast in a green hue? I imagine you can go that route with one of the graphics injectors, most people go out of their way to remove that sort of thing though.

There was noticeable hitching whenever an enemy AI started attacking, the console version is also locked at 30fps.

No, it was shorthand for discounting a console trick used in CoDAW and Blops2 on the console. Make FLAT colors, less depth, less resources.

The problem is this lack of detail, depth, and quality gets moved directly over to the PC with zero work on improving assets. Game looks like shit, but hay it runs at 30 fps!

Another reason why this is a wait and see, and also waiting for huge sale and modders to get a hold of it in Spring. Load up first time with super awesome modded assets, advanced/improved GUI, other fixes, balancing, etc., and it will be worth the price I pay.

MOST "AAA" games the first 6 months are total crap. It is unreal what people will lap up. Hard to support these studios when CDProjekt and other indie houses are putting out 10x product at a fraction of the price and support the community ability.

News Comments > Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans
1. Re: Call of Duty Black Ops III Mod Support Plans Nov 2, 2015, 13:23 Retired

Cool, so when it is $5 next year, and all the dbags moved on to Call of Duty 23, can find some great admin'd servers with friends!

I still bet they keep a kill switch on their end though.....

Sometimes features slip or drop off altogether

Ah there it is. The catchall for when they never release it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer
8. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Trailer Nov 2, 2015, 12:16 Retired

DUDE!

OHHHHH BRO!!!!!!

News Comments > Leaked Fallout 4 Footage
9. Re: Leaked Fallout 4 Footage Nov 2, 2015, 11:29 Retired

Watching the videos didn't change me wanting to wait......how come it looks like Black Ops 2 Nuketown? Annoying. Sure is a bright and beautiful place for a fallout game. I don't like the art direction.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 2, 2015, 11:04 Retired

That Giants Saints game was amazing to watch, and for dessert Denver tossed the Pack! WOOHOOOOO!!!!!  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 1, 2015, 23:13 Retired

Capella wrote on Nov 1, 2015, 20:42:
Raiders baby!

Love the pics thanks Blue!!

Had the damn picks up and window open, got distracted and didn't hit SUBMIT! ugh. I did pick OAK though, and had them for $ online. So very happy.

News Comments > The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Released
11. Re: The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth Released Nov 1, 2015, 09:37 Retired

nin wrote on Oct 31, 2015, 17:02:
Frijoles wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 23:26:
Starting over from scratch every time only frustrates me and makes me rage quit.
This is precisely why I love Rogue Legacy and will stick with it. Even when you lose, you advance.
Spent about an hour with isaac on the ps4 and never went back.

You aren't starting from scratch, you unlock up to 10? different babies, and once you unlock an item, it may appear in your playthrough.

New version of the game also support xbox wireless gamepad (looking at you nin!)

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2015, 23:49 Retired

Omg ash vs evil dead is so awesome!  

News Comments > Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds
18. Re: Batman: Arkham Knight Refunds Oct 31, 2015, 21:54 Retired

Game runs great, always has. My only complaint is all the car stuff.  

News Comments > Amazon's Black Ops III Midnight Deliveries
2. Re: Amazon's Black Ops III Midnight Deliveries Oct 31, 2015, 15:15 Retired

It sucks that they control the servers - pushing their annual garbage, and I can only imagine what BS they pull in their server select menu and matchmaking! ie: showing only 14 people in Domination and forcing you to buy new game.....  

20336 Comments. 1017 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo