Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20178 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 14:38 Retired

descender wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:41:
Those ER visit numbers will drop over time after this initial surge of people who never would have considered going to a hospital or doctor before they got subsidized health insurance. People are also visiting doctors at a higher rate, not just emergency rooms.

You really don't have a grasp on what happens. FOR YEARS people have been abusing the ER. YOU CANNOT BE REFUSED CARE, and they never pay their bill. Numbers won't drop, EVER. As P said, those who could not afford healthcare still can't.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
10. Re: etc. Sep 29, 2015, 13:58 Retired

nin wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:49:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 13:48:
Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:53:
It's the radio equivalent of clickbait. He's trolling just to generate headlines, which works amazingly well.

I can't understand why people actually waste hours of their finite lives listening to the moron.

Gotta listen to something during that hour long drive to the office.

Try an audiobook.

I prefer music from XM or Pandora.

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Sep 29, 2015, 13:34 Retired

Creston wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 11:53:
It's the radio equivalent of clickbait. He's trolling just to generate headlines, which works amazingly well.

I can't understand why people actually waste hours of their finite lives listening to the moron.

He blamed NFL player Sean Taylor for his own homicide. If you don't recall, Taylor was shot in a home invasion trying to protect his wife in their bedroom.

Her stated
Sean Taylor, great player has a history of really really bad judgment, really really bad judgment. Cops, assault, spitting, DUI. Iím supposed to believe his judgment got significantly better in two years, from horrible to fantastic? ĎBut Colin he cleaned up his act.í Well yeah, just because you clean the rug doesnít mean you got everything out. Sometimes youíve got stains, stuff so deep it never ever leaves....Just because somebody cleans the rugs doesnít mean there arenít stains. No matter what those commercials, OxiClean, tell you on cable TV, some stains you canít get out. And if you have bad judgment for 23 years of your life, even if you clean it up, your judgment doesnít get great over night.

He never apologized and still has this attitude that he is the best in the biz and the world. He is a douche. No one with a brain listens to him.

THIS is a pretty good write up about what a jerk he is.

He is no different than Stern or other shock jocks. He understands what sells and is willing to sell his soul to do so. Total garbage radio.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2015, 13:40.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 01:35 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 01:32:
Retired wrote on Sep 29, 2015, 01:00:
Skyrocketing Health Insurance Rates Feared as Decision on Premium Hikes Nears

Thank you "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act".

Thank you for protecting big business and their profits.

Hey, it's not ideal, but it was the best that could be done given the political reality. The previous system excluded 10s of millions who would waste billions at the ER, and was seeing 10-15% increases on an annual basis. This system is an improvement and is showing definite cost controls.

For whom? Healthcare costs go up double digits every year for the past 6 years. While incomes remain flat.......

People aren't buying health insurance. They couldn't afford it in the first place, and they still can't afford it! The numbers are super inflated as they now count those that are on Medicare plans as those that "now receive health care".

People are STILL abusing ER care. They know they cannot be refused care if they take the ambulance. Yet the rich get richer with guaranteed contracts and money, while the rest of us responsible people pay the bill.

40 years ago, a newborn bay bill with 3 days stay in the hospital was about $8 dollars. Today, it is no less than $20k.

1974 median income (in 2013 dollars) was 38k, 2013 Median income was 40k. (bls.gov)

Poverty Rate: (Census Bureau)
1974 7.7%
2013 9.6%

The more you know.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2015, 01:51.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2015, 01:00 Retired

Skyrocketing Health Insurance Rates Feared as Decision on Premium Hikes Nears

Thank you "The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act".

Thank you for protecting big business and their profits.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 27, 2015, 04:13 Retired

Pigeon wrote on Sep 26, 2015, 16:48:
Meanwhile Comcast is raising the prices for everyone else. What really gets me is the pricing structure; 3Mbps for $40, and 50Mbps for $67. Talk about a fuck you to anyone trying to be budget conscious. Actually looking at my last bill they're getting rid of 3Mbps tier, so the next lowest is 6Mbps at $50.

Anyways, I wouldn't be surprised if the guy's new price is only limited time offer and then after it's up they'll hike his prices again.

Minneapolis, 50Mb was upgraded 105Mb for $55 (have my own modem).

Hardware > Oct 2012 Rig Build
17. No subject Sep 27, 2015, 02:30 Retired

Retired wrote on Oct 2, 2012, 12:20:
Verno wrote on Oct 1, 2012, 13:51:
Always fun to upgrade. If I was you I'd just keep using that Corsair HX620, it's a rebadged Seasonic and they make kickass PSUs. OCZ bought PC Power and Cooling but never seemed to do anything with them, they've been rebadging cheap Sirtec and ED Group PSUs for eons. OCZ in general is kind of a dodgy company, they were caught using cheap grade NAND awhile ago and their Sandforce SSDs were nothing short of nightmare.

Have fun with the build, I love putting together a new machine.

Well, the price reflects that, and I took it into consideration. I wanted a Corsair, but the price is double, and right now I cut a few corners. Oh well. WOrse case scenario, I can use my 620 if it craps out and order a better one.

Super excited since I am not using left over parts or parting out my current machine. Fresh build, new install, always fun. Also want to run them side by side and run tests, etc.

Heh. PSU went out last month. Had to run to the store and get a new one. Couldn't get it installed, thanks to MrGrosser he threw it in for me. Impossible to do PSU install one handed. Went with another modular, got a great deal on it, MicroCenter is a group of morons.

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2015, 04:28 Retired

2. Ignored Sep 22, 2015, 18:59 dsmart

To view this user's posts click on the username.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 20:58 Retired

Cutter wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 15:43:
Ignore the sheeple. Yeah, one of the greatest crimes in modern history was successfully pulled off by a handful of goat herders from the ass end of the world in spite of the odds of facing a multi-trillion dollar global military-intelligence apparatus, and it all happened simply because they hate your "freedom". Yeah, that's the ticket. And another building that was entirely unscathed just happened to collapse at the same time too. Yeah, so stick your head in the sand along with them and let the real criminals get away with. And JFK was shot by a lone gunman with a magic bullet too.

Rolleyes

You posted on Sept 7th that your friend had passed - and no one here showed you anything other than complete compassion. I contacted you personally as it is a sensitive matter and gave you my condolences. No one has asked why or how or what or talked down about that one individual, regardless of what it may have been. For some reason, maybe because you have a very pointed hatred towards the US, government, law enforcement, and many other things, you felt the need to piss on this day and the tragedy that befell almost 3,000 human souls. On top of that, most likely 4x that from accelerated cancers and probably another 40-50,000 directly impacted by those hurt and dead.

My mind and body are exhausted from the day. Talked to friends, family, loved ones, first responders, and anyone who wanted to talk today - a lot of people did.

I told one individual that I now understand what my father explained to me when JFK was shot and what my grandparents explained to me about the feeling of Pearl Harbor.

Your constant need to come here and be a heartless f*** because it didn't impact you, because of your hate towards others......yet you come here seeking love.

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Blue refused to remove the posts of hatred about this day, it is his site, he can do what he wants. I am embarrassed to be a part of this site and the shit that goes on here lately.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 14:10 Retired

nin wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 09:44:

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
24. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 11, 2015, 09:13 Retired

son of A....folder showed up on a laptop.....with almost 6GB of Win10 install. F them.  

25. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 08:43 Retired

I love all of the Steelers fans crying online.....it is almost as good as when the Vikes beat the Pack and I can hear all of Wisconsin crying for weeks from this side of the river.....

But this did make me laugh!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 11, 2015, 07:44 Retired

1badmf wrote on Sep 11, 2015, 01:19:
Cutter wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 11:39:
So, how are the Cheatriots going to cheat tonight?

hah tomlin's pissed cuz the patriots were jamming the steelers' headset comms during the game.

Not what happened at all.

The wrong freq was on the headsets, which then the PATS headsets gets turned off. Both sides were equally upset. Each team controls their own headsets. Both teams could be seen in pregame warmups with guys on the field testing them FROM THEIR OWN TEAM).

I always laugh when teams complain about headsets not working. Lack of being a professional team. Should be able to function as a team if the comms go down. Just as a news caster has to perform live when the teleprompter goes down, which is why they always have a stack of paper in front of them.

Headsets were the LEAST of the Steelers problems last night. They just didn't show up for the game. Then when they went into the lockeroom at halftime, they came out and the first play the D didn't cover a guy. They put 10 guys on the field more than 1x. THEY LEFT OPEN THE MOST DANGEROUS TE IN THE WHOLE NFL - more than 3x. They didn't prepare for this game at all....

And if Tomlin is upset about ANYTHING another team does, I will just leave this here.....

And the comms were coach to coach, not coach to player.....

aaaand....from the NFL statement:
The coaches' communications equipment, including the headsets, is provided by the NFL for both clubs use on game day. Once the power issue was addressed, the equipment functioned properly with no additional issues.

And despite Tomlin's rant, it was first quarter only....

This comment was edited on Sep 11, 2015, 08:09.

20. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 23:08 Retired

Gronk for President!

14. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 10, 2015, 22:55 Retired

BobBob wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 20:56:
I pretty much use my iPad exclusively for work and writing now. Combined with a PadHat (Hoodivision), Keys-To-Go (Logitech) Defender Case (OtterBox) and various apps like DocsToGo, NoteMaster, Editorial, and some other utilities, I have everything I need to work and travel just about anywhere. I also like that it's instantly on when I need it. Waiting for a computer to wake from sleep or cold boot is just too time consuming.

Yea, my Samsung Galaxy Pro Tab 2 is good as well. It also has unlimited disc space compared to your ridiculous proprietary system.

But I use it as a fun function for web and my son's videos. Nothing beats a PC, or a laptop. I guarantee you my PC boots faster than you ipad - and games, and multitask.

On the road, my SSD laptop is probably faster than your ipad, as is my samsung tab.

/as I am sure your time is SO important that you can't plan ahead and turn on an electronic device. *rollseyes

13. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 10, 2015, 22:52 Retired

nin wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 19:16:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 18:51:
Microsoft is downloading Windows 10 to your machine 'just in case.'

I noticed my available hard drive space on C: had taken a noticeable drop. I couldn't figure it out. All new games get installed on F:

This explains it.

And people with low bandwidth caps? Think I smell a lawsuit a-brewing.

Possibly useful post. I just installed 2952664 yesterday (I intentionally lag a month behind due to shit like this), and got the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download\Install folder today at 1:15. I removed the update, so we'll see if it comes back.

That folder showed up for me as well, but it is empty, I expected it to have something in it.....hmmmmm Not happy about this.

News Comments > New GTA Online Mode Next Week
8. Re: New GTA Online Mode Next Week Sep 10, 2015, 21:21 Retired

Private servers is the way to go. Looking forward to the update and private with friends. Looks like some fun modes.  

19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 20:54 Retired

Wow, 7 brave souls picked the Steelers.....  

18. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 10, 2015, 19:55 Retired

Sepharo wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 16:50:
Retired wrote on Sep 10, 2015, 16:01:
Looks like almost 50 entries in the BN Football picks, and another 15 or so in the spread league.

HAVE FUN! Good luck.

Do other player picks not show up in the grid until after they lock?

Ws wondering that as well, I thought they showed up last year before lock....

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Sep 10, 2015, 18:22 Retired

MSFT Win 10 - WTF!?  

20178 Comments. 1009 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo