Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20768 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
20. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 16:35 Retired

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 16:12:
Man I can't seem to ever finish any AC game. I think maybe I finished the first one, but I'm not too sure. Never finished AC3. Not sure if I played 2 or not, but I think I did. See, these games just aren't very memorable to me. It seems cool at first, then just degrades into this drawn-out, repetitive mess that doesn't seem to cater to the person who wants to explore and discover everything. I get bored and play something else.

This one does look good but reviewers are already saying it's repetitive and flawed. Wolfenstein 2 seems too short, apparently, like the planned DLC is meant to be a bandaid for that. Guess I'll wait til the whole thing with all the DLC comes out in a sale. Super, massively addicted to Warframe right now anyway.

I finished 1,2 and Unity. None of the others. Only reason I did Unity was because it was coop.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 13:12 Retired

Gun of Icarus Online is free over the Humble  

News Comments > Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up
16. Re: Destiny 2 Bans Follow-up Oct 26, 2017, 16:56 Retired

Is it still a hammer? The ban>?  

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2017, 22:20 Retired

mazon Key is a new service that lets couriers unlock your front door.

oh hell no!

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 25, 2017, 06:45 Retired

Beamer wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 17:55:
Retired wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 17:35:
Pay for games you already own......AGAIN!

This is the future.
And it's how things will continue to be. I paid for The Thing on VHS, then on DVD, then on Amazon. I paid for Faith No More - The Real Thing first on cassette, then on CD, then on mp3, now on Spotify. I bought XCOM first on disk, then on CD, then on Steam.

But this doesn't seem to be the case, no? If you own the Halo 1 Xbox disc, you can put it into your Xbox One and play it... at no additional cost. Unless you've read something I haven't.

If you still have the disc. I recently stopped hording them as playing old games wasn't as nostalgic as I thought it was going to be. I think they are banking more on people buying digital, which is what they have milked on the online store for years.....

I had to laugh a bit in the article
Compatibility is important to Xbox, to developers and their games, and our community.

Really? Is that why you killed it years ago? Just to now resurrect it? The library is HUGE for xbox and 360 - I don't see this going far with the physical media copy.

15. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 25, 2017, 06:39 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 18:16:
Retired wrote on Oct 24, 2017, 13:00:
Retails hitting Amazon through Whole Foods.

I drink the Amazon koolaid. That being said, I refuse to buy anything from Whole Foods. I will go to a coop before I spend money on overpriced crap at WF. I also don't shop at Lunds or Byerlys. Time and time again it is proven you are paying a premium for having carpet on the floor and them bagging your groceries for you. Even their produce in some stores as well as their meat was linked to the same places as Cub and Rainbow. Derp. (There was a huge lawsuit here in MN)
I'm surprised that Target and other big box retailers can get that control in the lease agreements. It seems anticompetetive and monopolistic to me.

Target grocery is super expensive compared to other grocers. Even local places are cheaper. They want to capture the crowd that buys their over priced stuff that is there after work to get a few things from their retail side and trying to save them a 2nd trip. Psychological warfare via your pocketbook.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer
12. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer Oct 24, 2017, 17:39 Retired

Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:35:
Must admit I'm pretty stoked for this title atm, but not fucking $80 stoked for it. Gimme a call when the price gets reasonable on this thing.

Same. This trailer sucks. I hate trailers. I prefer gameplay, like this video by IGN.

I see the AC games now like I see Madden. $29.99 and no more.

(In the video I do see something I really DO NOT LIKE, and it is a 110% console carry over. I HATE lock on targeting in fights. I much prefer freeflow.

(If I could get it cheaper on ps4, which I never will, I would get it on that.....)

(The more I watch the video though, the less interested I am....what are they doing? Why are there RPG damage numbers when people are hit? What is going on!?)

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer
11. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Launch Trailer Oct 24, 2017, 17:38 Retired

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 20:25:
DAMN YOU OCTOBER! DAMN YOU JOB! Went from 20 hours a week, to a promotion to 40 hours this week, and then will be 60 hours next week till the 1st of the year.

No respect I tell you, no respect -Rodney Dangerfield

Congrats. You deserve it.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
1. Re: Evening Consolidation Oct 24, 2017, 17:35 Retired

Pay for games you already own......AGAIN!  

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
2. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 24, 2017, 15:51 Retired

Several Xbox 360 titles run better on xbox one

THE HELL YOU SAY!

News Comments > Newegg in Hot Water
22. Re: Newegg Accused of Ponzi Scheme Oct 24, 2017, 15:48 Retired

BYE Bye new egg  

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 24, 2017, 13:00 Retired

Retails hitting Amazon through Whole Foods.

I drink the Amazon koolaid. That being said, I refuse to buy anything from Whole Foods. I will go to a coop before I spend money on overpriced crap at WF. I also don't shop at Lunds or Byerlys. Time and time again it is proven you are paying a premium for having carpet on the floor and them bagging your groceries for you. Even their produce in some stores as well as their meat was linked to the same places as Cub and Rainbow. Derp. (There was a huge lawsuit here in MN)

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 24, 2017, 12:58 Retired

Last week on the news
iPhone 7 outselling iPhone 8, customers citing lack of new features and ridiculous price tag

This week, as Apple shares slide:
Apple quits selling iPhone 7

Wow. Dick move Apple. I have the 6 and never plan on buying a product anyway. They are crap and I am tired of the PAY FOR EVERYTHING model. I'll buy a Samsung product I can increase space on as well as load whatever I want on it.

News Comments > PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans
39. Re: PUBG as a Service: No Sequel Plans Oct 24, 2017, 12:51 Retired

chickenboo wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 15:21:
Cutter wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 13:14:
SpectralMeat wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 10:17:
Like an MMO? I don't understand what they mean by building this game as a service.

What is any software service? It means monthly fees and transactions instead of a one time purchase. Yeah I don't imagine that'll go over well. These guys need a reality check. Sooner or later this game will fade as all flavors of the month do. The reason some games like CS have longevity is because they're free.

I'm picturing more of a Team Fortress 2 model. Keep the community alive with constant updates, lots of little cosmetics players can buy, a lively competitive scene. Games As Service doesn't necessarily mean Subscription Fees anymore.

*DING

Which is exactly what he says, but for some reason no one bothered to read the yellow text.

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
1. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 23, 2017, 08:01 Retired

Hearing a lot of bad out of TwitchCon. Even those who work there are very tight lipped for fear of getting fired - but doesn't seem like streamers or employees are happy since Amazon took over.

I am sure a different streaming service will take over in the next 16 months.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
21. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 13:32 Retired

PHJF wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 10:23:
Retired wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 10:09:
How is FOV and does it feel like a console game?

Did you not try the beta? FOV is scales from 55-105, and performance was good in general. Destiny itself never really felt like much of a console game to begin with.

It's not going to change the world or anything, but I got quite a lot out of Destiny and expect to get quite a lot out of Destiny 2. It's what Borderlands would be if it took itself seriously and had an at least competent if not evolutionary competitive component.

Now I am interested.....

News Comments > Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined
3. Re: Destiny 2 Day One Issues Outlined Oct 20, 2017, 10:09 Retired

How is FOV and does it feel like a console game?  

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Oct 20, 2017, 07:01 Retired

Grabbed a Steam Link for 1.00. Worth the risk to try it out, don't really need it put interested in it. It isn't offered with any other game bundle - wondering if all orders will be cancelled.  

News Comments > Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay?
57. Re: Another Star Citizen: Squadron 42 Delay? Oct 16, 2017, 23:15 Retired

The implosion is ever closer....

Will go down in history as the new age Half Life 3.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent
17. Re: CD Projekt RED on Cyberpunk 2077 Progress and Employee Dissent Oct 16, 2017, 23:14 Retired

Creston wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 14:04:
Beamer wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 12:33:
Compare to Skyrim, where you don't really play a character, and where you're always annoyed that you're known by sight as the best warrior ever but morons keep talking down to you and challenging you to fights. Somehow I never felt like The Witcher 3 had this issue, even if I was still world renowned...

They actually made a little tongue in cheek joke about that in Blood & Wine. There's a bandit camp off all the way to one side of the map, the bandits attack you as soon as they see you, you slaughter them of course, and Geralt deadpans "I never understand why people would willingly attack an armed Witcher."

Which is so true. I mean, Geralt should be very well known (ESPECIALLY in Toussaint) at that point. Plenty of people shout at him and call him the Butcher of Blaviken after a mere glance, and of course it's immediately evident that he's a Witcher because of his eyes. And yet bandits will still happily attack him.

They have done such an amazing job with the games and keeping it close to lore and cannon. The books are amazing if anyone here HASN'T read them. Most are translated with more to come. I have read them more than once. Easy reads as the lore is a set of short stories of a legend. Amazing.

20768 Comments. 1039 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo