Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20178 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
22. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 12:05 Retired

Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 12:02:
They've spent years tinkering in the mechanics of this game. Do you really think that a gamer who's spent 20 minutes playing it has a better idea of how it should play then the designers themselves? It's just so shamelessly arrogant.

You give them wayyyyyyy to much credit. I fail to see how this is "progress".

The videos and gameplay shown thus far is far superior to what is currently in the beta. Either this is a new level of bait and switch or they released something that is so far behind what they intend.........which is foolish. Go watch the videos.

Because DICE will listen to the whining hordes of crybabies and actually change the game for them, which I fucking hate

No they won't. They haven't done shit in the previous 5 games. Hacking is rampant, cheats are rampant, still several problems and balances with the games. Are we playing the same games!?

You'd probably go up to a SpaceX launch and tell them that they took too long to get to space

Nope. I know nothing of space.

Troll hard.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 11:54 Retired

Kosh401 wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:51:
Retired wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:40:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:21:
The game is awesome, just by the beta it just might be the best Battlefield game.

You smoke crack.

BF3, BF4, and Hardline play WAY BETTER than this. It is literally a reskin of Star Wars. No question about it. The people move the same, same map overlay, same hunched over running style, same terrible hit boxes, same outline of players when dead, same everything! It is ridiculous. Did you play Money Wars!?

The game is playing on 60hz servers by default, which is a huge step up from previous games. The netcode is doing very well, not seeing problems when running behind a wall and getting killed etc. Haven't seen any hit box issues, only thing that comes to mind is a sniper glint showed through the edge of a mountain one time and wasn't sure if I got shot through that or not.

I skipped hardline and star wars but don't have any problems with the animations. Everything is looking beautiful other than a bug where players hoola-hoop their pouches as they run. I had to up my mouse sensitivity quite a bit but it's been snappy just like BF4. /shrug

I hate kill cams in general and hope they have Classic Mode in to get around that.

HC mode or no sale.

16. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 11:40 Retired

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:21:
The game is awesome, just by the beta it just might be the best Battlefield game.

You smoke crack.

BF3, BF4, and Hardline play WAY BETTER than this. It is literally a reskin of Star Wars. No question about it. The people move the same, same map overlay, same hunched over running style, same terrible hit boxes, same outline of players when dead, same everything! It is ridiculous. Did you play Money Wars!?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 10:33 Retired

Will Amazon Kill FedEx

An actual AMAZON Europa style truck has been delivering my items. Not FEDEX or UPS.

5. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 10:29 Retired

The game play is pretty bad. I assume nin is playing on ps4. On PC the game feels like a really bad console port. It is a reskinned Star Wars game. They have really taken a step back.

I jumped into BF3, 4, and Hardline, just now and the older games are so much better than SW and this mess.

It also needs MAJOR nerfs and balances. The horses are WAR horses with TONS of armor. The flame thrower kills from probably 100 yards as well as from BEHIND COVER.

I jumped into a tank a few rounds. You will OWN the game. Nothing really to stop you. If you are on foot you are toast. Such a mess, not sure why they thought this should be the flavor of their product. Was hoping it would be great and I would buy ahead of time from a key site, but even finding it at $40 I am not willing to buy it.

Game also randomly locks up for 3-10 seconds. Usually killed in that time, and don't even try and fly a plane.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2016, 10:39.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
23. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 31, 2016, 08:51 Retired

It is reskinned Battlefront. Looks and feels like console. iish. Deleted.  

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
11. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 31, 2016, 08:07 Retired

Cool. Wish I could clear the calendar and play.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2016, 10:27 Retired

nin wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 10:14:
But the game's performance was vexing, as it was hitching and pausing like crazy. I decided this was unacceptable, and before looking for graphics options to scale back I took to the internet for advice. It took 30 seconds to locate this thread on known NVIDIA issues. T

Ideally, you want the non directors cut, as it was patched further than the (later released) directors cut. Yes, that's bullshit. The older version is less buggier than the DC.

Of course, that also assumes you don't mind a physical copy, as I don't think they sell keys for the non-DC any more...could be wrong though (didn't see it on amazon).

Why they never finished patching the DC is beyond me...but it was shitty of them.

I think even more sad is that a 5? year old game still has issues.....(also fired it up and think it looks more dated than 5 years) DC is version 2.0.0.0

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & GotY Edition Released
2. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & GotY Edition Released Aug 30, 2016, 10:25 Retired

Looks like time to fire it back up and play.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Trailer
12. Re: GeForce Drivers for Fallout 4, Legacy of the Void, & Battlefront Aug 30, 2016, 08:01 Retired

Bradley wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 00:12:
Slick wrote on Aug 29, 2016, 20:51:
Also, it's hard to tell from the video, but they're touting a "new and improved driving mechanic". And when the guy's driving, it looks waaaay too "snappy", like the car has no real weight to it at all, and is just glued to the pavement.

I noticed he used the word "accessible" when describing the new driving mechanic. That's just another word for "dumbed-down".

Driving looked way to tight. Looks like arcade style now.

I dunno. I liked the first one. If it is more of the same, I will give it a go. Looks good so far.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
68. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 29, 2016, 09:14 Retired

W0rds hurt brain.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 28, 2016, 14:56 Retired

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 28, 2016, 11:20:
With all the complaints and negative reviews, NMS is doing a fine job staying in the number 1 spot

Seems weird when you look at the stats page.

An idle game and Euro Truck Sim 2 have more players!

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Aug 27, 2016, 08:48 Retired

Also posts showing up in Steam forums now of people saying "I did 100% on my planets and now it is showing ??????? for animals".

Whatever they did this week broke a number of things.

5. Re: etc., etc. Aug 27, 2016, 08:13 Retired

Also noticed a new "feature" of the game.

When you reload a save while in game, you lose all of your points of interest.........happened more than 3x now.....

4. Re: etc., etc. Aug 27, 2016, 05:15 Retired

nin wrote on Aug 27, 2016, 03:38:
No Manís Sky allegedly wiping early user discoveries from playÖ

Debunked

I named EVERYTHING on my first planet. Only 1 animal remains with a name I gave it. Explanation? I don't accept "You weren't connected" as I spent 3 days there and the planet is still named.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2016, 23:43 Retired

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 18:15:
But there's a difference between "NMS is wiping all data every two weeks" and "you weren't connected to the server, so you naming didn't go through". If ALL data was wiped, wouldn't a lot more people be seeing it?

edit: Just checked - my system is still there: http://imgur.com/a/MIKRk

Said I was connected, wasn't aware you couldn't play the game without internet connection to servers. I only have 1 of the animals still named, but I played on the first planet for 3 days. So tomorrow will be very telling. I also got cheevos....soooooo......

And that doesn't explain why the animals and plants (not plants kept their names) were still named for over a week on that planet. If I wasn't "connected to the server" shouldn't those names have been lost sooner?

They also haven't commented - which is even worse.

//And this is a SP game. How do I know this? When I hit ESC the game pauses the whole universe. Nothing happens when I am in ESC.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2016, 18:02 Retired

nin wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 16:31:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 16:22:
Retired wrote on Aug 26, 2016, 15:53:
hahahah Just read an article that No Man's Sky is wiping data entered by players every two weeks! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

(All plants and animals on my first planet were reset)

What? Source please, googled server wipe and they are all talking about the pre-launch wipe. That sucks if true.

Based on this, it sounds like planets weren't being named when the servers were being crushed at launch. On the naming screen, it notes if you're connected or not, and the first few days it was frequently down.

And to be clear, that's the only thread I've seen on it, and one news site linking back to it. So, pinch of salt...

I traveled back to my first planet. Confirmed for me.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 26, 2016, 15:53 Retired

hahahah Just read an article that No Man's Sky is wiping data entered by players every two weeks! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

(All plants and animals on my first planet were reset)

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2016, 16:10.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 25, 2016, 09:54 Retired

Looks like people started to join the new year on the ESPN site. I have recreated the groups and made a post in General Forum if that is what people decide to do.

Enjoy!

General Discussion > 2016/2017 BN Football Picks
1. 2016/2017 BN Football Picks Aug 25, 2016, 09:53 Retired

Here is the Straight Pick League - pw same as last year: bn

Here is the spread league - pw same as last year: bn2

I notice a couple people have joined with a generic nameplate. Please edit your pick username to reflect your BN handle.

Thanks! Enjoy.

20178 Comments. 1009 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo