Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20877 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > BATTALION 1944 Early Access
2. Re: BATTALION 1944 Early Access Feb 2, 2018, 00:51 Retired

Mixture of DoD and CS. Hit boxes are WAYYYY to big.
All of the guns sound almost identical.
Server issues galore.
Has server browser.
Can run your own dedicated server.
Can't sort server list at all (ping, name, players, type, etc)

It is a twitch shooter. I threw in, small price to pay for a game that is hopefully an updated DoD.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Feb 1, 2018, 07:40 Retired

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Feb 1, 2018, 00:39:
Battalion 1944 devs... good luck. This is easily the worst time in a long time, for FPS gaming skill level and teamwork.

Any bets on when this will be a lie? From their front page

ALL future DLC will be free

They will find a way to NOT have it be called DLC and charge for it I bet.

News Comments > PUBG Test Patch Includes Miramar Improvements and Anti-Cheat Measures
1. Re: PUBG Test Patch Includes Miramar Improvements and Anti-Cheat Measures Feb 1, 2018, 07:38 Retired

Replay

The replay system has now been updated to a newer version and past replay files cannot be played anymore

FAIL

News Comments > MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG
23. Re: MS Acquisition Rumor Targets include EA, Valve, & PUBG Jan 29, 2018, 22:31 Retired

Beamer wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 21:14:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 20:00:
What we need to be really concerned about is whether MS will buy CD Projekt Red and make future Witcher and Cyberpunk games Xbox exclusives. It's currently worth $2B, which is close to what MS paid for Minecraft.

Don't give them ideas!

As for Valve, Gabe's cash is largely on paper. This would make it liquid. That's why Epic sold.

Huh? You see valve marketplace recently? Printing cash.

News Comments > Are "Let's Play" Streams Legal?
11. Re: Are Jan 29, 2018, 11:23 Retired

aka_STEVE wrote on Jan 29, 2018, 11:01:
I wonder if this applies to most of the streamers who make their money by the use of calling them 'donations' ??

I will bet that it is either EA or UBI that will be the first to put a lawsuit on someone over this....

A big difference now is that they go up against an Amazon service.....not some crap 3rd party company or the individual them self.

News Comments > Sea of Thieves Beta Extended
6. Re: etc. Jan 26, 2018, 17:54 Retired

Alamar wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 16:10:
Jagacademy wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 15:37:
deqer wrote on Jan 26, 2018, 14:04:
Watched this on twitch.tv on my favourite streamer TimTheTatman, who played with another popular streamer, summit1g. And I must say, it was so LIT. Hyped, and hilarious as Tim was playing it for the first time that evening (Wednesday), you can see it in Videos archive.

He climbed up to 25k viewers LIVE at one point.

I'm sure some of the publishers were watching and had a big smile on their face(s).

This is done with literally every release of every new game.

Shush... That's the only positive thing I've ever see that user say... Let him have it ; )

I assumed they were paying Twitch people, 90% of the twitcher I am following were playing it.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Resistance Event Begins
6. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Resistance Event Begins Jan 24, 2018, 21:58 Retired

Take all of 3 games to figure out the map? dumb.  

News Comments > PUBG Changes Today
1. Re: PUBG Changes Today Jan 24, 2018, 21:28 Retired

The hackers have changed their cheats already. They have moved the hit zone of their aimbots from the head to the body. In hopes to avoid a HS% ban.

They should have never announced they are GOING to ban, they should have just done it. They still haven't banned the "100,000" they said they were going to.....idiots.

Cheats are in 2/3rds of the games I am in.

News Comments > PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified
13. Re: PUBG Cheaters and Not Cheaters Identified Jan 19, 2018, 17:35 Retired

It would be nice if they would take all items from the Steam account when they get banned, make them lose their items. Even better, rip the items out of the market. ie: if you bought something from a hacking account, you get your money back and the item is destroyed - the money is then charged back to the hacker.

I am running into a lot of cheaters lately. Last night a dude was 1 shot people across the map with Winchester. It was me vs him for the win, he wasn't even facing me when I started shooting. I watched the replay. He killed 10 people in a row with quick iron sight Winchester shots. Only 2 of them were visible on the screen.

My concern with them is that they don't appear to even remotely have a clue on how to combat the cheaters, let alone figure out who is cheating. It is so blatantly obvious just by looking at stats. Anyone with more than 10 hours of game play and has a head shot % above 40 should be an instant ban. The best of the best hover around low 30%.

Win ratio should be an easy tipoff as well. Just go look at the top 10 leader boards within the game. The hacker accounts are disgustingly obvious. I am amazed every time I win, and assume a hacker got caught in a firefight early on and that is why they weren't there to kill me.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Jan 18, 2018, 18:46 Retired

The #1 priority for any company should be anti cheat. But it isn't. I wish they would take out the stuff that makes them money, ie: skins, etc. Cheating would go to zero. They would move on to a game that makes money.  

News Comments > GTA Online Patched
1. Re: GTA Online Patched Jan 18, 2018, 09:34 Retired

Have they addressed any cheating at all?  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2018, 18:16 Retired

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 12:50:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 12:03:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 15, 2018, 09:55:
For example, if you see some player standing on a hill in PUBG, picking off 5+ other players one by one all around them, then you know they are hacking, because every other person wouldnt be able to spot all the people around them and would very quickly be picked off themselves because of that and thus they wouldnt even dare exposing themselves like that.

But this is exactly how Fugglet and Shroud play. Would you ban them for being too good?
https://www.youtube.com/user/Fugglettv

Like he will climb to the top of a hill, jump up and down to draw shots, and then, assuming he has the Kar or a sniper rifle from a drop, headshot the responders one by one.
Of course there can be situations where there are simply really bad players around them. But that would be rather rare, because especially in a game like that everyone instantly looks in the direction of a gun shot and goes for it.

Accusations of cheating against the named players are nothing new. On Youtube there are quite a few fishy videos of them doing stuff like that. Maybe we will see them in one of those "Top 5 Streamers exposed as cheaters" video at some point.

Especially in the case of Shroud its very fishy. He doesnt have a very consistent gamestyle. But sometimes its like a switch he flips and suddenly he is god.

But his headshot % isn't above 25%. It is easy to locate cheaters vs watching their streams and videos. Most of their talent is mouse precision and tactical.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 15, 2018, 18:15 Retired

You'll watch the Death Cam and see them firing into the ground over and over again, since many of the cheats circumvent line-of-sight mechanics

That is actually a bug with the death cam as well as the spectate cam. When they are near something, the gun glitches into the ground - that is not a cheat.

News Comments > PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up
16. Re: PUBG China Cheating Backlash Heats Up Jan 12, 2018, 11:19 Retired

There was a cool video that described the lag problem in PUBG. Basiclly said the client/server relationship gets better after about halfway through the game as the server doesn't need as much data to keep track of.

Makes sense, I can rarely kill people early on if I drop with a bunch of people, my shots don't hit and I die around corners.

My typical strategy is to land where there are just a couple or no people, loot up, then after 1st or 2nd circle only about 40 people left, and shots connect. I win a fair amount.

/they banned a swath of cheaters, they are already back. I recognize variants of names in the top 10. HS% > 70%!

News Comments > Dark Souls Remastered for PCs?
7. Re: Dark Souls Remastered for PCs? Jan 11, 2018, 12:53 Retired

Zoom wrote on Jan 11, 2018, 11:51:
@jdreyer get DSFix. Game is unbearable without it. It gets much better with this fix, actually some parts are even beautiful, and it's quite enjoyable and not as difficult as people make it to be (it's about learning attack patterns and move in consequence.. apart from one boss in a cramped area, they offer fair fights). Going to the end is really nice, and the DLC expansion while a bit more hardcore on the fights (one boss leaves almost no margin for reaction times) is also enjoyable. This game has deserves its reputation.

The Steam Forums for the game have all the required info. They are doing a good job of keeping the game playable for people.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2018, 22:19 Retired

The Countries Working The Most Hours Every Year.

Article threw me off, as almost every country works less than 2080 hours (the equivalent to a full time worker for 1 year) - but they must take into account all jobs? PT, etc etc etc. But it makes it sound like full time people. Noted at the bottom "Average annual hours worked per worker in 2015" with no details.

I average about 2,300 a year with overtime, training, court, meetings, etc.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 7, 2018, 15:45 Retired

Engineer Mark Rober exposes cheating arcade machine.

Per several discussions on crates in games, wouldn't this finding make these games illegal for minors to play?

Sand Master - why you want the right tool for the job.

Cool, but how long does it take to prep the skid?

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2018, 17:53.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
13. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 5, 2018, 07:43 Retired

Not taking anything else into account - I am amazed personal cell phones are/were allowed in any high security gubmint area......  

News Comments > Rocket League Boasts over 40 Million Players
3. Re: Rocket League Boasts over 40 Million Players Jan 3, 2018, 20:48 Retired

Got it for free on ps4. Just can't get into it.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 1, 2018, 15:52 Retired

Hope everyone had a good new year. I went to bed at 6pm. Got up at 7am! Was amazing.

Now a full day of demo of a bathroom in the basement. Maybe a couple extra walls as well......

(stand up shower is 3 walls of cement and metal mesh. HUGE SUCK!)

/Blue no Zodiac joke? Will you be writing Rooster for a while?

This comment was edited on Jan 1, 2018, 16:59.

20877 Comments. 1044 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo