Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20330 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2016, 23:45 Retired

Cutter wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 21:36:
Retired wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 21:03:
ugh. The NFL LOVES the PACK!

Will do anything and everything they can to have them win.

Pfft, if only that were true. It's the Cheatriots with Bill Bellicheat and Tom Cheaty they really love.

It IS true, and everyone knows it. They should never have made the playoffs. 3 of their games were GIVEN to them on BS calls. Reality.

As proof, Chris Collinsworth was going out of his mind during this game wanting the Pack to win. It is sickening.

/Had that last touchdown not happened, Vegas would have lost a ton of money. With the tie and OT, and Cards scoring, the spread was covered and no one made money unless you took Cards straight up. Sick. The NFL is getting as bad or worse than hockey.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
43. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 21:05 Retired

Would really love to invest in an OS that doesn't jerk people around.

And no, X systems aren't a solution.

News Comments > Diablo III Season 5 Begins
8. Re: Diablo III Season 5 Begins Jan 16, 2016, 21:04 Retired

Game is really good.....just doesn't hold me after beating it 20+ times.....fun sometimes to jump in with friends, but the gear lock kinda turned me off.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2016, 21:03 Retired

ugh. The NFL LOVES the PACK!

Will do anything and everything they can to have them win.

News Comments > MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux)
42. Re: MS: New CPUs Will Require Windows 10 (or Linux) Jan 16, 2016, 21:00 Retired

Sempai wrote on Jan 16, 2016, 20:43:
Dear Microsoft.

Get cancer.

Sincerely, Eatabowlofdicks.

QFT

News Comments > The Division Beta This Month
9. Re: The Division Beta This Month Jan 16, 2016, 10:36 Retired

I really want this to be good, but it is a wait and see. If I get into BETA I will be able to make a decision quickly - but this could go wrong on so many levels.....been burned to many times to pay full price opening day.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 16, 2016, 09:03 Retired

Amazon Prime Discounted to $73 (Reg. $99.99)!

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2016, 21:15 Retired

Retired wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 11:02:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 10:51:
Death seems to come in threes. This year we had Lemmy and Bowie for musicians and for actors we had Rickman and Brian Bedford. We have one more to go in each category.

I will submit that Ben Stiller and Niki Manaj be sacrificed.

OK FINE!

I'll throw in PewDiePie as a bonus.....

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2016, 11:02 Retired

Burrito of Peace wrote on Jan 14, 2016, 10:51:
Death seems to come in threes. This year we had Lemmy and Bowie for musicians and for actors we had Rickman and Brian Bedford. We have one more to go in each category.

I will submit that Ben Stiller and Niki Manaj be sacrificed.

News Comments > Rainbow Six: Siege Patch Addresses Cheating
10. Re: Rainbow Six: Siege Patch Addresses Cheating Jan 14, 2016, 08:26 Retired

Sooo.....jump in the way back machine.....remember when we didn't have these problems or they were very short lived when we would control our own admin'd servers!?

They can't do their jobs, they need to let us control the servers again.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 13, 2016, 21:43 Retired

YouTube mega-star PewDiePie starts his own video network.

And no one with an above average IQ cared......to bad morons spend money and think dribble is funny.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2016, 20:42 Retired

Pigeon wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 19:04:
Simon Says wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 14:11:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 13:34:
I get really annoyed when things break through normal use when relatively new. Unless its within that narrow window where you can still return things your SoL and your money. Even though I know it's often due to variations in production and model I'm usually done with brand when that happens. I understand you're reasoning trying the brand again though.

On a similar note, anyone know of a good pair of in-ear ear-buds for jogging? The wire on the plug end always seems to get messed up causing sound to go in and out when I jog. I saw a pair of Klipsch that promised to be durable, but it came with some Apple specific crap and a disclaimer on the website said sound quality could suffer on non apple products. I'm just using a small media player. Not looking to spend more than $60.

Also I've heard enough advice and opinions on what to do with or what they would do with 1.4 billion to know most people are terrible with money. I don't know if there's a specific term for it, but it reminds of a concept dealing with knowledge and expertise. Basically stating that a person needs a certain amount of knowledge about a subject to understand how much they don't know about the subject. Apparently most people don't know jack-shit about finances.

The "quality will suffer on non apple products" is pure horseshit. As for your jogging problems, you could try a clip at the neckline, holding the wire in place, this will avoid the sounds coming from the friction on the wire and will prevent the wire from tugging at the earplugs and the plug end. As for the plug end, once you got a clip at the neck line, just have it loose on the smartphone encased in a belt clip or waist-pouch.

As for a model, any model will do, but if you're concerned with a good price/quality ratio, I'd recommend the Sennheiser CX300IIs. I got them for around 60$ CAN 2 years ago, they're around 40$ US on Amazon now, they sound great ( I found my nirvana at those settings in JetAudioPlus on Android: klipsch image S4 Bongiovi DPS setting, Crystalizer ON but minimum setting, AM3D Z-bass at 0, but still ON and Z-Treble 80, X-bass at 100, AGC at 0 in normal settings, equalizer at -10 DBs preamp and -10 DBs on every setting except 1.8k and 3.4k at -9, 5.7k and 9k at -8 and 13k at -7, you can also switch to 20 channel band and crank the highend, 16k, treble at 0 for those crisp drum cymbals ) and are very well built, they don't show a single hint of breaking down even tho I was absolutely ruthless with them.

CX300II on Amazon

Thanks, I'll check those out, they sound good. I need to look into getting a new MP3 player too, the battery life on my Sony Walkman is terrible. It does everything I need it too, it's just under 2oz so very light for jogging, but doesn't hold a charge for much longer than 24 hours in it's "off" state. Even a few months after getting it I started to notice significant battery drain when "off".

PHJF wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 14:33:
Earbuds will not stay in when running without extra support, unless your idea of running is a 5mph brisk walk. Sennheiser PX 100 is the best for reasonably cheap and lightweight phones without sacrificing audio quality.

The in-ear ear-buds seem to stay put just fine for me, while I'm certainly not going to set any land-speed records, I would categorize my pace as a good bit faster than a brisk walk. Probably just comes down to individual differences. Sennhesier sounds like the way to go though, good price + quality, certainly going to be at the top of my list.

For the same price as high end in ear stuff, you can get custom molds.....

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2016, 18:28 Retired

descender wrote on Jan 13, 2016, 16:03:
I got a pair of Bates boots and they feel like they would survive re-entry. Highly recommended.

I use Bates boots at work. Their Durashock are just as comfy as Dr Martens but 1/4th the weight. I go through a pair every year. That is over 2300 hours of work a year, 12 hour shifts, summer, winter, etc. They are super durable and have many styles. I like the combat style, easy to keep clean. (not a zipper fan, can't keep them tight)

I have used many Bates products, they know what they are doing. I have 4-5 in the garage or in the house that I use for various things.

A lot of people like Danner's, but I think they are overpriced and the soles wear out faster.

I wore the Under Armour ones, although very comfy, they fell apart after 2 months of use.

My home use boots for what Blue is describing are Carharrt.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 13, 2016, 12:55 Retired

Buy Carharrt boots, they will last forever and they backup their products.

Or Sorel boots, which I believe are the Minnesota official boot.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed
14. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 19:12 Retired

DangerDog wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 16:41:
Retired wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 16:16:
Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 15:52:
Barring (again) the ridiculous idea that North Korea could invade the US, it really doesn't look half bad. I got kind of a Watch Dogs vibe from it, though this is just a straight up shooter, right?

Might be interesting.

That would actually be pretty cool....more Watchdogs than rails shooter.....that could be pretty deep.

This is a rails shooter, the gadget and hacking bit just look like lame mini-games.

Watchdogs was actually very well done.

9. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 16:16 Retired

Creston wrote on Jan 12, 2016, 15:52:
Barring (again) the ridiculous idea that North Korea could invade the US, it really doesn't look half bad. I got kind of a Watch Dogs vibe from it, though this is just a straight up shooter, right?

Might be interesting.

That would actually be pretty cool....more Watchdogs than rails shooter.....that could be pretty deep.

5. Re: Homefront: The Revolution May Release Confirmed Jan 12, 2016, 13:49 Retired

Think I was one of the few that enjoyed the first one. Bought day 1, then ended up playing on xbox instead for some reason. Was just looking to fire it back up and play some.....on PC.

I remember some pretty frustrating parts of the game, and it is worse than CoD single player in regards to "being on rails", but still a pretty fun game with a dark message.

4. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 12, 2016, 13:33 Retired

Father and I stayed warm in the stands at the Vikings game. Was a tough loss, no fault of the kicker - Offense didn't do their job, and honestly, I don't think we could beat Carolina......

Was great to be at the game. We will be in our seats opening day in the new stadium.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 9, 2016, 12:18 Retired

I Finally Tried Virtual Reality and It Brought Me to Tears.

huh?

Sub Title:
Trying VR at CES made me feel more connected to my 18-month-old son

Reads article...

WTF is this guy smoking? This stuff passes as a story? Do they have editors?

News Comments > Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated]
44. Re: Half-Life Writer Marc Laidlaw Leaves Valve [Updated] Jan 8, 2016, 21:58 Retired

So the story is done!?

/runs

20330 Comments. 1017 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo