Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20336 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 21, 2016, 21:20 Retired

Happy bday boss!

What was your new stat roll?

Side note, anyone big on financial markets and macro US enomics? Would like to have a spit ball session on an outlook of the next 6-36 months. Would prefer to keep politics out of it as what is aboit to occur is independent of who is president as it is a mess in the making for several years now. Would be happy to take offline or move into the forums.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
4. Re: Evening Mobilization Nov 18, 2016, 10:13 Retired

Had that problem and never dropped my phone. I hate Apple. Will never buy another product.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 17, 2016, 09:21 Retired

Bub wrote on Nov 17, 2016, 07:37:
I get acupuncture on a regular basis. You would be surprised at the variation in sensitivity there is in just a small patch of your skin.

Even using very very small needles, the difference of 5mm on your skin can make a huge difference on it you feel anything or if a nerve gets hit and you feel pain.

The actual flu vaccine varies from year to year, so it is normal to have slightly different reactions to each shot.

I also get acupunture. Very diff than flu shot.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 16, 2016, 23:37 Retired

I get a 103 temp from getting a flu shot. I am sick for 36 hours every time. F you to anyone that says it doesn't make you sick. I go through it every year.

/side note, nasal mist is gone. No longer effective. Also the flu shot is same as last year, they aren't very happy about it - didn't do well.....

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized
26. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 23:32 Retired

Slick wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 18:48:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 18:31:
Slick wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 17:38:
It would be nice to read one of these "fuck EA" threads without all the hyperbole for once.
I think the comments have been completely reasonable. EA keeps fucking up PC gaming with its shameless money grabs and diminishing feature sets. What's the point in renting servers when you have effectively no control over them? It's ridiculous.

Ugh, I mean you proved my point in your response...

You're right, you rent a server and have effectively NO control whatsoever.

ACTUALLY you have a great deal of control, just not enough or not the right kind of control. That's the issue.

It's really hard to take the complaining seriously (even when you have a legit beef) when it can only be quantified in a "EA is the devil, cashgrab, PC gaming peaked 20 years ago" context. It's ridiculous. You people are being ridiculous.

But.....it is true....sooooo......

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: 'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen' Nov 16, 2016, 23:30 Retired

Shok wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 19:48:
ROFL even Derek Smart is piping in. Get that popcorn ready!

He has to. He sucks at making games, so he has to bully others.

News Comments > etc., etc.
8. Re: etc., etc. Nov 16, 2016, 23:29 Retired

'No Man's Sky' Designer Quietly Leaves Hello Games To Work On 'Star Citizen'

HAHAHAHA PROOF that SC has nothing to offer!

I imagine the conversation went like this:

SC: So....you guys did a game about nothing....and made millions....tell us about it
Designer: Hire me and I will.
SC: Ok, we aren't doing anything anyway, and I am tired of all of these hookers and all of this blow
Designer: MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAAA!

21. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 17:41 Retired

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 13:57:
Still amazes me to this day that 1997 had more server features than 20 years later.

Miss those days of Gamespy.

+1

Even better was ASE.

20. Re: Battlefield 1 Server Rental's Criticized Nov 16, 2016, 17:40 Retired

Battlefield servers!? What are those?  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
15. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Nov 16, 2016, 17:29 Retired

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 17:17:
The Half Elf wrote on Nov 16, 2016, 15:07:
It's a 1 time purchase like Guild Wars series. As other's stated they took the single player part and added more people

But make you live in a tightly controlled world, where you are basically the equal to everyone. If it were coop skyrim with player ran servers... fresh and fun would live there, I wouldn't be bound to boring equality. That to me that is the downfall of a mmo... it has to be under rigged rules.

I am very surprised we don't have a coop Skyrim. Would be awesome. Have my own Skyrim world that friends can connect to......

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend
12. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend Nov 16, 2016, 16:58 Retired

I love it, but I am not an MMO guy. I play it the same way I play Skyrim. Slow and methodical. I really enjoy the series and lore so I get lost in the world. I am running 6 toons, one for each profession.  

39. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2016, 07:35 Retired

If you only knew how wrong you are.....

I haven't said one hateful thing, yet because of my political affiliation, it is assumed I hate several groups.....tell me, oh party of "tolerance" that is ripping this nation apart with hate - please educate me on my evil ways.

I have grown tired of your party and their faux concern for minorities and the down trodden as they sit in their golden towers next to those you hate so much. They claim to be better people and win votes by printing money and spend spend spend.

Be proud of yourself.

This comment was edited on Nov 14, 2016, 07:53.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 14, 2016, 02:48 Retired

Cool Bomberman vid. One of my fav games of all time. Sits right next to my Elevator Action cart.  

37. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2016, 01:06 Retired

*sigh. Like talking to an apple.

Anyway, had an interesting discussion at supper. We are at the point where no one is going to change anyones mind yet neither side wants to work together, they just do what you are doing here. Finger pointing, name calling, blame game. No solutions what so ever, just "rawr they suck amd hateful words".

At some point the yelling will have to stop and we will have to try and find solutions.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2016, 21:03 Retired

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 18:34:
GO CUBS!

er... wait... nevermind.... um.... GO NFL TEAM! YEAH!

I changed my mind, you stay in Kentucky!

33. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2016, 20:38 Retired

I love that no one ever thinks THEIR president is reaponsible for their fiscal mess, it was always given to them yet they never BALANCE budgets and juat spend spend spend.

The F you not my failt mentality is getting tired.

Our country really missed the boat when we passes on Perot. We are now doomed to a spending "me first" society that wastes TRILLIONS. No one knows what it is like to be without anymore.

Would love for the nation to take one for the team and go through a tough 10 years where we buckle down and pay off our debt. We are so far gone, no one even thinks twice about printing money.

Will Trump help? Nah, but We know Clinton isnt any better.

At the end of the day the hateful rhetoric must stop. All that crap you guys think Trump will do wont happen. Our system doesnt allow it. So lets get past the fear mongering and figure out how we can get along. There is an equal amount of hateful acts happening on both sides.

Embarrassing.

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
48. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 13, 2016, 20:26 Retired

HorrorScope wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 12:46:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 03:41:
By the way, anyone else remember when people on the right were rioting in the streets over Clinton or Obama? Yeah...me either. Keep digging, and showing why people think and believe the left are fully unhinged.

I don't really recall any president nominee insulting over 1/2 the population either. Action/reaction, not saying I agree, but ignoring what just happened is your choice, I guess others aren't.

Hillarys commenta dont count?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 13, 2016, 20:22 Retired

Uea didnt even know Tyranny was coming up, the price tag threw me off. Also having a ton of fun in Skyrim again but not SE. Dishonored 2 is quirky and difficult, a nice challenge.  

26. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 13, 2016, 07:50 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 03:21:
BobBob wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 14:24:
Watching protests on the news. I find the popular vote argument questionable. Are the popular vote excess #s based on states he won or she won? For instance, imagine each state has 2 small buckets (one red, one blue) and a large bucket which both small buckets pour into when they cease filling up. Once the large bucket is filled up, one color dominates and that sets the electoral vote for a state - meaning if a state turns turns red or blue. Popular vote matters because we measure the spill over of the large buckets. The big question - is the 'blue' popular vote - spill over - coming from both red and blue states or is it primarily coming from blue states? The question is important because I believe it can clarify or demystify state level cultural divides, the validity of electoral college vs popular vote, and help us understand fundamental differences in regional representations.

The popular vote has no bearing on the US presidential election, that's all determined by the electoral college. It is, however, the democratic way to select a politician.

The electoral college is a relic of both the technology of the 18th century, as well as a compromise to slave states: states concerned that the more populous non-slave states would eventually try and overturn slavery. So, as a bulwark, rural states were given more proportional power in electing the president. You can see how that manifests itself today here.

Slavery is long since gone. Now it only serves to give rural less populated states power over more populous ones. It's time for the EC to go. Trump himself has railed against it.

I don't know if the EC still has it's place, but I don't know that a popular vote is the answer either. It is difficult. Do you want inner city folk having rule over suburban and rural areas? I don't think the latter two want that. Everyone's voice should count, it is a perplexing problem.

I honestly thought Clinton would win. One turd or the other I really didn't care, but now I am excited to see what happens. I hope it is different than the last 30 years of politics, but he is such big business I think he will have a hard time tearing himself away from self interest vs the people. I am willing to give him a chance and will hold his feet to the coals when he doesn't.

He has already delegated a lot of roles, which all great leaders do. Who knows, this might actually be good for us. I am utterly confused as to those that are wearing the safety pins and worried about their future. The President doesn't have as much power as you think he does......I will tell you this. I am horrified as many people were let out of prison by Obama, but you don't see me marching in the streets. (and there is a LOT Obama said he would do and he did not. Healthcare? Sure. Affordable? HELL NO! Those who could not afford it before still don't have it, they still can't afford it.)

It is called the circle of influence. Work on things you can change, not those things you cannot.

You want to have rage!? Have rage at the two shitty parites that put up the TWO WORST CANDIDATES in the history of elections. There are people on Bluesnews that can probably do a better job.

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 2016, 07:55.

News Comments > Gone Home for Free
36. Re: Gone Home for Free Nov 13, 2016, 06:28 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Nov 13, 2016, 01:19:
NKD wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 20:00:
Saboth wrote on Nov 12, 2016, 19:51:
He ran on the premise he was a Washington outsider, and once in office, he was going to clean up Washington, "drain the swamp",

Yeah... it has been really sad watching Trumpsters try and perform mental gymnastics to explain away the imminent appointment of sleazy Washington insiders, climate deniers, and evangelical Christians. Yeah, a lot of Trump supporters don't have a problem with that, but you had a lot of people outside of the traditional Republican base voting for him as well.

It's especially funny watching the atheist Trumpsters try to explain Mike "Mandatory Creationism in Schools" Pence.

Yeah, he campaigned on anti-DC corruption and isolationism. He went after sacred cows that neither part would touch like the lobbying ban and a more isolationist foreign policy. Anti-free trade too.

Now he's installing the worst of the Bush Neocons and stocking his team with lobbyists.

Not fair!

*GASP

You dont think he will do what he said!?

NONE OF THEM EVER HAVE!!!!!!!

20336 Comments. 1017 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo