Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20169 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Bitcoin adblocker Sep 4, 2016, 08:08 Retired

Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 15:11:
"For the first time in the history of web browsers, people can now seamlessly reward the sites whose content they value and wish to support, while remaining untracked by anyone...

"... anyone other than us, of course. We will happily sell all your browsing habits to literally everyone who asks for it."

Yea I see this idea going sideways.....

Next Article:

Bitcoin adblocker hacked and billions in bitcoin stolen from unsuspecting web users

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month
14. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 4, 2016, 08:01 Retired

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 07:48:
Ravenus wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 03:12:
I was initially disappointed that Lo Wang in the reboot had a lot less of the cheesy Asian stereotype I enjoyed in the original game. But the game itself was a lot of fun in the old-skool way and surprisingly layered with its use of skill trees and magic powers. The story in the cutscenes was pretty good too, although it seemed divorced from the tone of the gameplay.

I am rather apprehensive about the random level generator for the sequel though. I disliked Diablo for this particular reason and I'm not sure I'm going to like it here. For me hand-crafted unique levels beat randomized generic crap any day.
It might be because I have a fever, but I don't see in the description that levels will be procedurally generated. Only the loot system.

Edit:
From the wiki...
Every mission, except for story-specific events, will feature procedurally generated level design and content, including randomized enemy positions, terrain, buildings, and weather conditions.

That is actually the most exciting part of the game to me. Not to big on the 100,000,000,000,000 rounds from a gattling gun to kill a bad guy though.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 3, 2016, 17:17 Retired

I just don't' find the readers as comfortable to hold. Also, having to organize the books, etc in the different readers I have is a PITA. I often forget I read a book a while back and start reading it again, only to get "that feeling"......  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches Sep 3, 2016, 17:16 Retired

It was possible you could use up all available slots for waypoints on the galaxy map and be unable to set new waypoints. This is much better now.

How was that ever overlooked in a game that touted infinite exploration!

Also, they used "learnt" in a sentence.....wtf.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
19. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 17:11 Retired

Blue wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 17:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 15:34:
When do we hit the 20th Anniversary of Duke Nukem Forever being announced?

In seven months. No joke.

ahahahahahah

They have released these games so many times - not sure why anyone would buy them anymore.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer Sep 3, 2016, 10:12 Retired

meh.

AW is probably one of the worst in the series - this looks the same.

Pass.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2016, 05:40 Retired

Well, I think my 660Ti is showing it's age, even with 4GB and was well ahead of it's time.....thinking it is time for the 1070.

Any input?

4 Years old according to this - not bad. Can still upgrade the CPU and have only had to replace the PSU 1x.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
69. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Sep 1, 2016, 07:41 Retired

It was nice to be on a team with someone, but still think it is a Battlefront skin. Not a fan of either. I'll go back to 3,4,HL.

Bummer, cause I love the era.

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 19:17 Retired

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:14:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 12:55:
I just wish Amazon would stop shipping Prime merchandise through the shithole that is US Postal system. "It'll be delivered Monday!" Wednesday arrives...[crickets as the postal twunt rolls by]. Call Amazon:
"It says it was out for delivery on Monday."
"Yes, yes I know it does. It has said that Monday, Tuesday, and now today."
"We'll reship the item overnight for you."
"While I appreciate that, is there anyway that I can get my Prime purchases not shipped through the godawful postal system?"
"We have many different methods of ensuring that we meet your two day Prime guarantee and it's not possible to pick just one or exclude one."
"Right."

Add the following line to your chat conversation:

"I pay 99 dollars a year to get stuff here in two days. Not three days, or four days, or five days. Two days. If you can't guarantee that, I might as well quit Prime."

This line is typically followed with them going: "Sorry sir, would a $10 credit / free month of prime on your account suffice?"

Also, ALWAYS make a screenshot of the "GUARANTEED DELIVERY ON SEPTEMBER 1st!" window. Then, when you contact them and they try to pull the "technically it's two days from when it's readied in the warehouse for shipping, sir." on you, you show them the screenshot, and voila. Credit, or new items shipped overnight for free, flow your way.

Never had any issues. I wonder if it is because I am in Minneapolis and they have Amazon warehouses here. I think the Amazon trucks just deliver directly from there nearby.......

26. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 12:22 Retired

Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 12:20:
Retired wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 12:15:
Played plenty.

Thousands of hours in BF games.

I am drunk, and I am home.

Then maybe put a couple hours into figuring out the new game mechanics and get into a good squad that can take objectives. I'll squad up with you if you want. I'm not drunk yet, but I'm good company.

originID: IIISLICKIII

"NO RESULTS WERE FOUND FOR IIISLICKIII"

Try mine "The_xXBatmanXx"

24. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 12:15 Retired

Played plenty.

Thousands of hours in BF games.

I am drunk, and I am home.

22. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 12:05 Retired

Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 12:02:
They've spent years tinkering in the mechanics of this game. Do you really think that a gamer who's spent 20 minutes playing it has a better idea of how it should play then the designers themselves? It's just so shamelessly arrogant.

You give them wayyyyyyy to much credit. I fail to see how this is "progress".

The videos and gameplay shown thus far is far superior to what is currently in the beta. Either this is a new level of bait and switch or they released something that is so far behind what they intend.........which is foolish. Go watch the videos.

Because DICE will listen to the whining hordes of crybabies and actually change the game for them, which I fucking hate

No they won't. They haven't done shit in the previous 5 games. Hacking is rampant, cheats are rampant, still several problems and balances with the games. Are we playing the same games!?

You'd probably go up to a SpaceX launch and tell them that they took too long to get to space

Nope. I know nothing of space.

Troll hard.

19. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 11:54 Retired

Kosh401 wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:51:
Retired wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:40:
OldDirtyEwok wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:21:
The game is awesome, just by the beta it just might be the best Battlefield game.

You smoke crack.

BF3, BF4, and Hardline play WAY BETTER than this. It is literally a reskin of Star Wars. No question about it. The people move the same, same map overlay, same hunched over running style, same terrible hit boxes, same outline of players when dead, same everything! It is ridiculous. Did you play Money Wars!?

The game is playing on 60hz servers by default, which is a huge step up from previous games. The netcode is doing very well, not seeing problems when running behind a wall and getting killed etc. Haven't seen any hit box issues, only thing that comes to mind is a sniper glint showed through the edge of a mountain one time and wasn't sure if I got shot through that or not.

I skipped hardline and star wars but don't have any problems with the animations. Everything is looking beautiful other than a bug where players hoola-hoop their pouches as they run. I had to up my mouse sensitivity quite a bit but it's been snappy just like BF4. /shrug

I hate kill cams in general and hope they have Classic Mode in to get around that.

HC mode or no sale.

16. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 11:40 Retired

OldDirtyEwok wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 11:21:
The game is awesome, just by the beta it just might be the best Battlefield game.

You smoke crack.

BF3, BF4, and Hardline play WAY BETTER than this. It is literally a reskin of Star Wars. No question about it. The people move the same, same map overlay, same hunched over running style, same terrible hit boxes, same outline of players when dead, same everything! It is ridiculous. Did you play Money Wars!?

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 10:33 Retired

Will Amazon Kill FedEx

An actual AMAZON Europa style truck has been delivering my items. Not FEDEX or UPS.

5. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 10:29 Retired

The game play is pretty bad. I assume nin is playing on ps4. On PC the game feels like a really bad console port. It is a reskinned Star Wars game. They have really taken a step back.

I jumped into BF3, 4, and Hardline, just now and the older games are so much better than SW and this mess.

It also needs MAJOR nerfs and balances. The horses are WAR horses with TONS of armor. The flame thrower kills from probably 100 yards as well as from BEHIND COVER.

I jumped into a tank a few rounds. You will OWN the game. Nothing really to stop you. If you are on foot you are toast. Such a mess, not sure why they thought this should be the flavor of their product. Was hoping it would be great and I would buy ahead of time from a key site, but even finding it at $40 I am not willing to buy it.

Game also randomly locks up for 3-10 seconds. Usually killed in that time, and don't even try and fly a plane.

This comment was edited on Aug 31, 2016, 10:39.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details
23. Re: Battlefield 1 DLC & Season Pass Details Aug 31, 2016, 08:51 Retired

It is reskinned Battlefront. Looks and feels like console. iish. Deleted.  

News Comments > Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released
11. Re: Fallout 4: Nuka-World Released Aug 31, 2016, 08:07 Retired

Cool. Wish I could clear the calendar and play.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
2. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2016, 10:27 Retired

nin wrote on Aug 30, 2016, 10:14:
But the game's performance was vexing, as it was hitching and pausing like crazy. I decided this was unacceptable, and before looking for graphics options to scale back I took to the internet for advice. It took 30 seconds to locate this thread on known NVIDIA issues. T

Ideally, you want the non directors cut, as it was patched further than the (later released) directors cut. Yes, that's bullshit. The older version is less buggier than the DC.

Of course, that also assumes you don't mind a physical copy, as I don't think they sell keys for the non-DC any more...could be wrong though (didn't see it on amazon).

Why they never finished patching the DC is beyond me...but it was shitty of them.

I think even more sad is that a 5? year old game still has issues.....(also fired it up and think it looks more dated than 5 years) DC is version 2.0.0.0

News Comments > The Witcher 3 Patch & GotY Edition Released
2. Re: The Witcher 3 Patch & GotY Edition Released Aug 30, 2016, 10:25 Retired

Looks like time to fire it back up and play.  

20169 Comments. 1009 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo