Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20106 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

Hardware > Nov 2015 New Rig Build.
3. No subject Nov 26, 2015, 20:14 Retired

K, first run at what looks good out there:

Thinking I will just upgrade the CPU and GPU....maybe just start with CPU.

Anyone recommend a great i7 that is highly over clockable?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

Hardware > Nov 2015 New Rig Build.
1. Nov 2015 New Rig Build. Nov 26, 2015, 13:32 Retired

Doing a from scratch build.

Case: Quiet
HD: 2 standard drives 1+ TB and a ssd for OS
GPU: Not sure yet, but NVidia fan
Mobo: Intel set, probably gigabyte
Ram: Maybe get a combo set with mobo/cpu
Psu: Modular that supports SLI

Will install enclosed water cooled device.
Looking for a cpu chip that can be oc'd.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 26, 2015, 13:21 Retired

Welp, time to build a new rig. Ill create a forum post to track progress. Looking for input once again.

Here is last build.

Here is thread for new build.

This comment was edited on Nov 26, 2015, 13:34.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Nov 26, 2015, 13:13 Retired

Wow. the way that the Fez creator has treated his fan base, f him.  

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
21. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 26, 2015, 03:27 Retired

Cutter wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 23:27:
Retired wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 22:23:
Cutter wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 21:06:
Christ, they just get lazier every year don't they? Now no flash sales or games? They haven't been aggressive on pricing in forever. Other services just need to be slightly more aggressive than Steam on these things to topple them but they can't seem to manage it, even when it's direct from the publisher. How retarded is that? It would be so simple to undercut them and steal all that business, but they're too stupid and greedy not to.

Still, there are some good deals on Uplay, Origin, et al. as well.

I think it is more "we don't want to put in all of the extra man hours" into all the bs they do every year. I prefer this. Just give me your best prices and I will buy what I want.

Not really lazy, probably more common sense.

The gimmicks are annoying and are just abused.

Yeah, but that's the point, brah. They should be working harder and doing more or get their ass whupped liked the Vikes just did against Green Bay! Hi-o!

The fix was in on that game. No way the NFL with Greedell at the game, is going to allow the Pack to go into a Primtime game not being #1. F the NFL. It is a joke. Some of the worst ref calls in the league - it is all over the news.

News Comments > Steam Fall Sale
13. Re: Steam Fall Sale Nov 25, 2015, 22:23 Retired

Cutter wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 21:06:
Christ, they just get lazier every year don't they? Now no flash sales or games? They haven't been aggressive on pricing in forever. Other services just need to be slightly more aggressive than Steam on these things to topple them but they can't seem to manage it, even when it's direct from the publisher. How retarded is that? It would be so simple to undercut them and steal all that business, but they're too stupid and greedy not to.

Still, there are some good deals on Uplay, Origin, et al. as well.

I think it is more "we don't want to put in all of the extra man hours" into all the bs they do every year. I prefer this. Just give me your best prices and I will buy what I want.

Not really lazy, probably more common sense.

The gimmicks are annoying and are just abused.

This comment was edited on Nov 25, 2015, 23:16.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2015, 14:50 Retired

Didn't realize Skyrim Legendary was 75% off. Grabbed a copy for my nephew who wanted to play one of the expansions - that is MORE expensive than the whole legendary edition......he just had vanilla Skyrim. Now he has it all for $10. Unreal.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2015, 14:45 Retired

Kxmode wrote on Nov 25, 2015, 14:40:
Star Wars Battlefront better be on sale either during Black Friday or Cyber Monday. I swear if its not EA has a bunch of idiot marketing folks.

+1

Hoping for $30

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2015, 14:05 Retired

Free game courtesy of MrGrosser -

National Zombie Park:
AJEAH-MY4WT-4Z6V9

First come first served. Please post when you grab it so others don't waste their time.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2015, 13:45 Retired

......so many games....so little time.....I feel like it is Thanksgiving Turkey hangover with all the games I have to play right now......  

News Comments > etc.
7. Re: etc. Nov 25, 2015, 09:39 Retired

Yea I haven't noticed any point of the game where my stats mattered yet. Just lockpicking and computers......seems the previous games had more paths to conversation....  

News Comments > Fallout 4 Console Command Warning
25. Re: Fallout 4 Console Command Warning Nov 25, 2015, 09:37 Retired

Running on a 660Ti 4GB OC'd, a 3-4 year old card. Have had zero issues and runs under full screen no border. When I first started playing, it would sometimes fire up under windowed, but I just went in and changed it.

Have you tried that 3rd party program to change settings before starting the game? Don't have link in front of me - might be in the forum I created.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2015, 19:25 Retired

Was really hoping the expansion would be on sale.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Video Diary
3. Re: Just Cause 3 Video Diary Nov 23, 2015, 22:03 Retired

damn. SO many games right now. I will try out JC3 on friend's account to see if it is worth it - I just can't keep buying all of these games!  

News Comments > Green Man Gaming Top Five
3. Re: Green Man Gaming Top Five Nov 23, 2015, 22:03 Retired

If you aren't playing FO4, you are missing out.

RL I got for free on PS4, not impressed.

Battlefront I will get on a huge sale - watched Half Elf play for a but and it looks way better than BETA. The flying battles look awesome.

AC Syndicate - thanks MrGrosser, free for buying a SSD.

Blop3, actually a very good game. happy with my 35$ purchase.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 23, 2015, 19:53 Retired

1badmf wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 18:43:
lots of hearsay and innuendo about the JFK plot, but there are just enough facts to be... fascinating.

after the act itself, the saddest thing about it is how the agency was run by a bunch of country club white boys whose sense of superiority was likely what led them to do such evil deeds. if they did kill kennedy i think it likely they did so because they felt that they were the ones who truly ran the country and had to get rid of a no-longer-useful puppet. kinda like they do now, except now the president is complicit. sad how ego can derail the loyalty of otherwise great men.

No diff than now. Race isn't really an issue, but the President has zero power.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Nov 23, 2015, 18:12 Retired

I have noticed that if you die from mines or other such things, if you let it reload automagically instead of going to menu and reloading a save, the mines are gone......can be good or bad I guess.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 18:07 Retired

PunkiBastardo wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 17:06:
Retired wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 16:59:
Link?

Here you go

Does it just change the wheel to numbers?

I would be better served having someone do a color blind mod so every choice doesn't look the same color....

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 23, 2015, 16:59 Retired

Verno wrote on Nov 23, 2015, 09:11:
The dialog mod is essential, its such a small change but makes a huge difference.

Link?

/Having a blast with the game just exploring still, trying to hold off on doing Diamond City - probably going to be OP when I get there, but I am doing so much stuff that I don't have a direct need to do MORE stuff.

Taking my time.

11. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 22, 2015, 21:16 Retired

Creston wrote on Nov 22, 2015, 21:04:
I wonder if a single FO4 player has actually gone "Oh no, I have to find my kid!"

I just sigh when I think back to Todd Howard sitting there, talking about how you'd get to know your character BEFORE the war, so you'd feel much closer to him/her and the family, and it would resonate more, and then you start playing the game and the whole pre-war stuff is literally over in five minutes.

They should just take a page from the modders' playbook and give you a "choose your own start" deal. Do you want to be a raider? A mayor? A BoS guy? And just go from there.

eh, I knew the journey would be HUNDREDS of hours, so I wasn't in a hurry to find the kid. It will happen, and I have my theories on who he is, but yet the timeline doesn't seem to match up on everything......oh well. I will have a hell of a fun time in my explorations to find said family member.....

20106 Comments. 1006 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo