Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20111 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
20. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 9, 2015, 09:59 Retired

Yea that constant download of the new iOS on our phones is annoying as hell. Guess I should see if there is a way to stop that as well. Really regretting getting an iPhone.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Binding of Isaac Mod Tool Plans
3. Re: Binding of Isaac Mod Tool Plans Dec 9, 2015, 09:58 Retired

coldcut wrote on Dec 9, 2015, 05:21:
Retired wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 21:01:
This is pretty cool - but there is so much to the base game! I can't even imagine doing more.
Blue, the Afterbirth DLC is already released. What's coming is an extension to the Afterbirth DLC, called † for "plus".

Well, I would really love some more variation in the daily runs, not just something like hitting the "random guy to start with" button. The editors sound amazing. I am pretty sure we will see lots of new content from the community. I just hope it will be possible to include something like several new rooms from different people into the "standard" game, so they can appear in a normal run.

We'll have to see. Ed and Tyrone have done some pretty amazing stuff to Isaac in last few days (some great patches and fixes).

I read this wrong last night, I already have Afterbirth, I guess I assumed it was a partial announcement of the console release and some addons to Afterbirth.

Would love to get AB for the Vita. I have hundreds of hours in my handheld vs my computer save file. (and ps 3)

News Comments > Ravaged Pulled; 2 Dawn Closed
1. Re: Ravaged Pulled; 2 Dawn Closed Dec 9, 2015, 09:56 Retired

Game really didn't get traction I thought it was going to (KS backer), but they just couldn't get the feel right and the old BF DC people didn't jump on (fans that is).  

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Re: etc., etc. Dec 8, 2015, 21:05 Retired

Private DayZ servers can now be monetised…

"Alpha game that will never be released can now be used as a subscription service to further F you.

16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 8, 2015, 21:04 Retired

jimnms wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 19:03:
Retired wrote on Dec 8, 2015, 11:16:
If you haven't done so, the program listed in that article is very helpful. Loaded it up and shut down all Win 10 stuff. Then shut off Windows Updates again.

You don't need a special program to disable it. On my gaming system, I have Windows Update to only notify me of updates. Every time I run Windows Update I make sure not to install KB3035583. You have to hide it every patch Tuesday because they change the publish date and it unhides it.

The system in my living room, which I use as a DVR and Steam's streaming to play games on the TV, I leave everything automated since it doesn't have a mouse or keyboard. It has KB3035583 installed, and the GWX icon eventually showed up on it. The only thing I did to that system was disable the GWX tasks in Task Scheduler / Microsoft / Windows / Setup / GWX, and it hasn't tried to push Win10 on it.

So why go through all of that? Why not just use the program. It runs idle to tell you when MSFT tries to trick you. Also, they are doing other udpates that usurp 5583 and trying to piece mail the update to your box.

This also allows for a 1 click delete of folder (which wasn't easy previously).

News Comments > Binding of Isaac Mod Tool Plans
1. Re: Binding of Isaac Mod Tool Plans Dec 8, 2015, 21:01 Retired

This is pretty cool - but there is so much to the base game! I can't even imagine doing more.  

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Dec 8, 2015, 13:00 Retired

Love Starbound, but had to shelf it - got frustrating with everything breaking over and over. Still fun to jump in and kick ass.  

5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 8, 2015, 11:16 Retired

If you haven't done so, the program listed in that article is very helpful. Loaded it up and shut down all Win 10 stuff. Then shut off Windows Updates again.  

4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 8, 2015, 11:05 Retired

Yea, when all this started happening back in May, I just turned off Windows Update on all machines. I use SSDs for OS drives, can't have that junk taking up space.

"They're telling [the PC's] Windows Update client that this computer can be upgraded to Windows 10," Mayfield said. "[The Windows Update client] is constantly checking settings several times an hour. It's fully aware of the Windows 10 upgrade."

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 7, 2015, 09:43 Retired

One of the best uprades to JC3 is the fact you can't just steam roll everything in the world with a choppa.....the AA will get ya.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 7, 2015, 09:21 Retired

bwaahahahaha

Via Destructoid -
EA admits Battlefront 'may not have the depth' you want in the game

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 6, 2015, 16:31 Retired

JC 3 is amazingly fun.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2015, 15:23 Retired

Buried a friend's son today. 29 years old. Fuck. Spend some extra time with your fam.  

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
31. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 5, 2015, 11:07 Retired

Creston wrote on Dec 5, 2015, 09:21:
One other minor niggle, the rebels and Bad Guys look waaaay too much alike. On my first mission, I accidentally wiped out the rebels because I couldn't really tell who was who at the distance I was at. :-oops-:

I am colorblind, to me the rebels look blue and the bad guys look....green or brown?

From a distance if you are going to fire a rocket at a crowd....gotta kind of watch them for a bit to see what they do before you fire.

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
32. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 5, 2015, 10:54 Retired

I don't throw away books, records, movies, games, etc. I sure as shit ain't deleting a game out of my library.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Dec 4, 2015, 21:30 Retired

*fingers crossed  

News Comments > Delete Steam Games
8. Re: Delete Steam Games Dec 4, 2015, 21:27 Retired

ummm...you guys know there are groups - our you can HIDE them?  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 4, 2015, 21:10 Retired

omg! "Nice Guys" - gotta see that! May 2016 can't come soon enough!  

28. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2015, 21:33 Retired

David wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 19:22:
Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 11:25:
PHJF wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 11:09:
A doctor's time is apparently more important than yours. They overload their schedules, so you end up waiting 30 minutes in the big waiting room, then another 30 minutes in the small waiting room.

a) if there's one person on the planet I don't want rushing through his work it's my doctor.

b) there is a growing shortage of both primary and specialty care physicians in the US

c) diagnosing cancer and explaining the prognosis to a patient isn't the same as telling a mother her child's tonsils need to come out, and one is going to take a hell of a lot longer than the other

No one is questioning that. We're just saying, manage your fucking time better.

I can understand 5 minutes late but nothing beyond that.

I schedule 15 minutes per patient (which is VERY generous, and I'm lucky I can get away with that), and I usually run on time, sometimes ahead of time; however, there is no way for me to predict how long any given patient is going to take. Some take 3 minutes, some take 30. Some patients have 3 different rashes and 4 skin cancers, others just have 1 spot and 1 easy problem. To expect your doctor to never run more than 5 minutes late is ridiculous; frankly I'm surprised the practice puts up with that behavior. You have *much* more control of being on time for your appointment than your provider.

I guess I always ask when the lunch break is and make it right after that, or, *gasp* plan ahead and be the first appointment of the day.

Never have issues.

News Comments > Just Cause 3 Patch Status
23. Re: Just Cause 3 Patch Status Dec 3, 2015, 21:29 Retired

Creston wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 18:19:
Retired wrote on Dec 3, 2015, 13:18:
Only had 1 texture issue, looked like I got sucked through a mountain with grapple, only lasted a second. No other issues.

Very fun game, mixture of JC1 and JC2. Yes, it is repetitive, not sure that ANY game is immune to that anymore. It is harder, lots of chaos, lots of side stuff, lots of collectible stuff, tons of weapons, tons of cars, tons of boats, tons of airplanes.

poo poo all ya want - fun game.

How's the driving compared to 2?

Kinda weird. Using a gamepad on PC, so I should be able to control full turn vs just a titch....but, just doesn't feel right. The cars are very floaty. Motorcycles BOUNCE and spin out like a car. Very weird on some of that stuff.

I spend 90% of the game in the air via parachute and glide suit, the other 10% mixed in with APCs and choppas.

20111 Comments. 1006 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo