Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20946 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players
7. Re: Overwatch Boasts 35 Million Players Oct 16, 2017, 22:53 Retired

25 Million cheaters.

/also has no public concurrent user count like steam....

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews
3. Re: South Park: The Fractured But Whole Reviews Oct 16, 2017, 11:43 Retired

Ill wait for 10$ sale. SP is tired.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 16, 2017, 08:01 Retired

Quinn wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 04:36:
Last I played PUBG, the whole *feel* of the game was just as clunky and unpleasant as Day Z. The hype and success of the game is one huge mystery to me. I will never get to understand it, I am certain...

Hasn't felt like that in a LOOOOOONG time. I can't play DAYzzzzzzz. PUBG feels nothing like it.

Escape from Tarkov is more like Dayz. Slower reaction, not as snappy, but that is on purpose. More sim than arcade.

News Comments > PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players
7. Re: PUBG Sets New CCU Record, Bans More Players Oct 16, 2017, 06:20 Retired

They have already banned more cheaters than all of the CoD bans from all iterations across all platforms combined.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
4. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 15, 2017, 20:48 Retired

Dev wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 17:37:
HoSpanky wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 17:03:
Dev wrote on Oct 15, 2017, 16:45:
Whoa, look at the surprise dark horse in #1 !
j/k

Itís absurdly unstoppable on the sales chart. Maybe it has to do with those 9,000 bans per day.

Did you even bother to think about the math there before you posted?

5 weeks from 10 mil to 15 mil purchasers.
9,000 a day * 30 days = 270,000.

Now I realize these are rough estimates, but even being very conservative with the numbers (such as taking the 13k a day top end of ban numbers, still would be under 10%), it doesn't change that's less than 10% of the actual player growth if every single banned player just buys another account.

Unlike a lot of other games that brag about total players (who probably played once then never again), we can see actual simultaneous players (2+ million) reflecting actual sales. We see top of steam sales charts week after week. Valve has no reason to make any of those facts or numbers up, in fact just the opposite, they'd prefer their own game not to be overshadowed by this.

These are real numbers. Real growth. New blood coming in as the game grows.

Rebuying from bans is very little of this.

Just imagine when the new map comes out! Pumped for a large update.

Side note, Escape From Tarkov went from Alpha to Beta and is about to have a very large update. Great game as well.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
18. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 13, 2017, 09:18 Retired

Darks wrote on Oct 13, 2017, 08:24:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 20:26:
Dacron wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:10:

...need a new psu my pc shuts down after 15 minutes of gaming
I'm curious as to how you narrowed it down to the psu.

I've seen this type of behavior in the past. and yea, it was related to the psu when you put to much load on it. Its either over heating and shuts down, or its just a bad capacitor or other component thats causes it to shut down the power to the psu.

Have you tried a program similar to Afterburner to look and see what is going on graphically?

News Comments > Free DRM-Free Torchlight 1 & 2 for Owners
7. Re: Free DRM-Free Torchlight 1 & 2 for Owners Oct 12, 2017, 12:49 Retired

shul wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 09:57:
I own both games on steam. somebody please explain what good DRM Free versions will do me ?

If Steam were ever to go away. You have GOG.

News Comments > Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released
40. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released Oct 12, 2017, 12:48 Retired

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 08:09:
Retired wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 18:18:
Whats the issue? You can't control yourself and buy them? YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY THEM TO ENJOY THE GAME OR BEAT THE GAME!?

The argument was never "you need to buy them to beat the game". It's gambling bullshit in a singleplayer game that does not belong there. Your argument defeats itself anyway. If they're so meaningless and harmless then they don't need to be in the product at all. And if no one buys them because they're meaningless, what do you think will happen in the future? Like take 10 seconds and think about the logical conclusion here. You don't think they will adjust design to ensure they make more money? I guess you have more faith in publishers than I do. I know where this leads in a few years time because I've watched it happen to the mobile market and we all know publisher behavior in general. This money doesn't go to the developers.

I feel the argument is equivalent to options on a vehicle. I buy the LIMITED edition because I enjoy the comforts that come with it. Is the moon roof, power running boards, leather heated seats, heated steering wheel, etc. needed to drive the vehicle? Nope. But they are there if people want them. I didn't buy the King Ranch truck because I don't need the things it has. I also didn't buy the Lariat, or the Eddie Bauer. But I am not mad that they offer them....

A flawed car analogy. If they want to sell a copy of the game labeled LIMITED EDITION (something publishers already fucking do) with dialed up loot drop rates to encourage more people to buy them then go ahead. At least that's up front. And by the way they should publish the odds on the box, even the lottery has to do that shit. If these motherfuckers want to be in the gambling game then they should be regulated like everyone else.

I couldn't disagree with you any more than I already have.

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players
3. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Boasts 10M Players Oct 12, 2017, 12:45 Retired

FREE GAMES HAS MILLIONS OF PLAYERS!

Monetize skins/hats in 3...2....1...

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended
22. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Beta Extended Oct 11, 2017, 20:01 Retired

Was excited about this but no time to play. After being very let down on the first one - I don't see a need to buy this one.  

38. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released Oct 11, 2017, 19:58 Retired

DarkCntry wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 19:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 19:23:
Shadow of War's Denuvo Cracked in One Day
I hope they got their moneys worth.
Considering that most of the major publishers put it in for the two common types of piracy, day 1 and casual, it's probably not far off to say they might have.

That and we aren't their main market. It is all about the consoles.

34. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released Oct 11, 2017, 18:18 Retired

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 09:02:
It just came out yesterday, that's pretty impressive logging 20 hours but regardless, it's not about whether you HAVE to get them or not. Already spelled all of this out below. These games were never hard, they make no sense at all here.

Glad it's a non-issue for you, it's an issue for me and I'm going to talk about it. Any time I see this shit in SP games.

Was released 12 hours before they said it was going to be. 8pm the night prior.

Whats the issue? You can't control yourself and buy them? YOU DON'T NEED TO BUY THEM TO ENJOY THE GAME OR BEAT THE GAME!?

I feel the argument is equivalent to options on a vehicle. I buy the LIMITED edition because I enjoy the comforts that come with it. Is the moon roof, power running boards, leather heated seats, heated steering wheel, etc. needed to drive the vehicle? Nope. But they are there if people want them. I didn't buy the King Ranch truck because I don't need the things it has. I also didn't buy the Lariat, or the Eddie Bauer. But I am not mad that they offer them....

30. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released Oct 11, 2017, 08:25 Retired

Verno wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 06:02:
How are other games different? You aren't going to beat this game in 8 hours anyway. And if you truly are going to play 100%, it will be 80-100 hours of grind, regardless, so you will most likely have what you need.

The % of people that are going to do that are very small anyway.

Of all of you complaining, how many hours do you have in the first game? I have around 100, and I am not 100%, I have a few more things to do, including one that will require a new game as I missed something along the way.

More hours than you, I guess my argument automatically wins now. What does that even matter? People shouldn't have to pay to loot slot in a singleplayer game that they already paid for. That's how it's different from most other games.

It's already too late for a reaction to microtransactions in primarily single-player games. At this point it's simply a matter of how far can they go before it hurts sales?

Yeah we heard you already. I still disagree and I'm still going to complain. I don't think its too late and I do know that bitching does help. I think now is the perfect time actually. There's a difference between the kinds of microtransactions we're used to and loot slots.

I have 20 hours in the new game and am very OP without crates.

It is a non issue.

/Just acquired the domination ability to create my own armies and captains. I am sure it will get a lot easier from here.

25. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released Oct 10, 2017, 18:10 Retired

I don't get all the bitching.

How are other games different? You aren't going to beat this game in 8 hours anyway. And if you truly are going to play 100%, it will be 80-100 hours of grind, regardless, so you will most likely have what you need.

The % of people that are going to do that are very small anyway.

Of all of you complaining, how many hours do you have in the first game? I have around 100, and I am not 100%, I have a few more things to do, including one that will require a new game as I missed something along the way.

11. Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War Released Oct 10, 2017, 11:23 Retired

Banged out 5 hours straight when it popped last night.

It is more of the same, but I thoroughly enjoyed the first game so I am having a blast with this one. The unlocks can come pretty quick, I have most of the base skills just playing 100% in the first area. You will need to unlock some of the skills to play certain side quests.

First thing I noticed was the FOV. Sucks. I am sure there will be a work around shortly, after about an hour it quit bothering me as much.

The game is damn near a carbon copy of the first, so I don't see a direct need to explain everything like healing, etc. I have had to figure out a few things that are new in this title, but still not that hard to figure out.

I bought the Gold edition digitally at a pretty decent discount. Considering I put over 100 hours in the first game, and this looks a lot larger, not worried about price. Anytime I can get under $1.00 an hour for entertainment I consider it a win.

The DLC bonuses I haven't used yet as I am not far enough in to dominate captains yet. I need 2 more skills. I have a large army just from opening loot boxes.

The Sword of Dominion DLC for preorder is weak. A level 5 EPIC sword that isn't really needed. There is no shortage of gear. Each time you kill a captain you get a weapon. Higher level, higher status, better item.

There are also gems you can socket as well as forge to create a better gem. Think Diablo.

As for all of the hubbub about loot crates. They aren't needed. Seems to be much ado about nothing. You get in game currency that can open silver crates that will still give you great loot.

Fun game. Very happy.

(oh, yea the game started on my 2nd monitor. Easy fix, pushed window mode, moved it over, went to fullscreen)

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens
49. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 7, 2017, 09:33 Retired

fawker wrote on Oct 7, 2017, 03:04:
Every time I come to the comments here about the latest AAA release its nothing but complaining.

psst....This is Blues News. Were all the old dudes come to complain about.....HAY YOU LITTLE SHIT GET OFF MY LAWN!

News Comments > Amazon Prime Trial/Twitch Prime PSA
8. Re: Amazon Prime Trial/Twitch Prime PSA Oct 6, 2017, 16:59 Retired

Make money on free items on Amazon's back!? NO NO NO! BAN!  

News Comments > Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens
20. Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II Multiplayer Beta Opens Oct 6, 2017, 16:57 Retired

Slick wrote on Oct 6, 2017, 16:51:
55 FoV? Oh jesus... I bet this game will be a fucking mess at launch if this is going on. I think the main stockholm studio is getting overworked. 1 game per year now? that's pretty crazy. Just wait 6 months for DICE LA to take control of it after launch, and patch it the fuck up, and I bet it will be great. the LA studio does a great job at continuing support.

Ill get it when it is $5 like I did the first one. That was about all it was worth anyway....it is a console game thrown onto the PC with zero to no PC gamer love.

THE MASTER PC RACE NEEDS LOVE!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 5, 2017, 10:17 Retired

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 09:41:
backblaze's always interesting hdd failure rates

Killer post thanks!

Should sticky this in the forums under hardware.

News Comments > Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players
3. Re: Fortnite Passes 7 Million Players Oct 5, 2017, 10:16 Retired

Primalchrome wrote on Oct 5, 2017, 10:13:
The casual aspect is fun...and fast matches make it easy to jump in and play a bit. My only issue with it is the umbrella phase.... Something about it is off and I can't put my finger on the mechanic that ruins it for me. I can't remember the last time I beat another group to the ground to start hoovering up weapons.

I watch some streams and friends play it, but I don't really need ANOTHER game. I do like the faster paced action and shorter matches though. 15-20 minutes? vs 30-35 minutes.

20946 Comments. 1048 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo