Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20744 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Activision Classics on Steam
18. Re: Activision Classics on Steam Apr 21, 2017, 09:20 Retired

My idea of Classic and their idea of "Classic" are 2 very different things. Their font is "classic" their game selection is not.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com
15. Re: Saints Row 2 Free on GOG.com Apr 21, 2017, 08:33 Retired

2 was by far the hardest game in the series. Along with game breaking story arcs that were never fixed.  

News Comments > The Surge Trailer
1. Re: The Surge Trailer Apr 20, 2017, 13:30 Retired

What makes it hardcore?  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 20, 2017, 13:28 Retired

Being hated pays off for Shkreli: Judge shows pity, grants him separate trial.

And yet the real issue of Big Pharma (here in the US - thank you Canada for the cheap meds btw) stealing from citizens isn't addressed.....

/Not a fan of mary jane, but have been impressed with he use of the oil and extracts in treating some diseases and neurological conditions. Some really cool stuff out there.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 2017, 13:40.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow
19. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 20, 2017, 09:15 Retired

MacLeod wrote on Apr 20, 2017, 07:10:
Yifes wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 19:11:
How different is this game from H1Z1: King of the Kill? Which one is better?

It's very similar. H1z1:KOTH was also designed by playerunknown, which was also based on his similar ARma mod.

Battlegrounds is a much more finished game. Bullet physics are way better. I mean, google their article on just the shot sound design. It's pretty in depth for just the bullet sounds. Cars don't just blow up either. And you don't have Daybreak involved.

H1Z1 is an arcade survival. You can drive full speed in a vehicle that has terrible physics, jump the veh in the air, jump out of said veh and headshot people before you hit the ground. If you have a vehicle in H1, you will win.

Cars in PUBG are death traps. They are a means to move and that is it. If the vehicle is moving and you try to get out, you will probably die as the vehicle runs you over.

There are a lot of weapons (they are adding more) and they have scarcity. The weapons also have attachments that you must find to increase the stats on your weapon.

You have aim down the sights, lean, iron sights, 4x, ACOG, 8x, and I have only seen a 15x in 2-3 games.

You can win by being rambo, camping, hiding, stealth, or just walking around. Each game is very different depending where it ends up.

There are boats, motorcycles, dune buggy, car, jeep.

There is some destruction being built in the game. Currently doors get blown up by bombing raids and players can also destroy doors.

There are stun grenades, frag nades, and smoke nades. Each have helped me win. Most people don't use them, as it currently is a bit clunky to switch and use quickly.

That is just off the top of my head. I have not played the update yet.

If you played competitive BF2, that is the excitement this game gives me. You can play solo, duo, or a group of 4. The game is an absolute blast, and I look forward to their updates every week and discussing updates and changes with the dev team in their forums. They are all about the player experience and are really killin it.

18. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 20, 2017, 09:01 Retired

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 20:59:
Thats the curse of EA. Also, once its done, there will be so many pro players, that for a new player it will be hell.
So you might aswell play it now.

The matchmaking will be elo type - you will only be put in matches with others of your "rank". Right now it is just a dump in model - but I watch the kill feed, and top players die early on all the time.

I have won a game where I only had a handgun for the first 15 minutes and I have lost within 5 minutes where I was fully looted up. The loot is RNG for the most part, but high density areas will garner better loot in general.

It is no different than any other game. Took everyone several hours to get going, I would expect a new player would have the same curve. No diff than CoD, BF, any PvP game.

My first win was 70 hours in (probably 35 hours of solo). Now happening alot more frequently.

2. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Patch Tomorrow Apr 19, 2017, 11:26 Retired

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 19, 2017, 10:09:
Pretty impressive the speed that they're addressing issues in EA. And there are a *massive* number of fixes/enhancements listed for this patch.

Yea very impressed, as well as their transparency on the updates and news. They have responded to the tickets I put in on cheaters as well. Game still needs a lot of work, but the effort and speed to which they are addressing everything is pretty awesome.

Over 100 hours int he game for $30, and still EA! 4 solo wins, 2 duo wins.

Things to look forward to:
Performance optimization (this week)
Replay ability in 2D and 3D
New map coming by end of year (when they plan to be out of EA)

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
26. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 19, 2017, 08:57 Retired

oh good lord. fuggin nerd alert.

Call it what you want. From the videos and gameplay out there, it is a very tight hallway game with little to no open rooms.

It is perfect for a console, I am sure the FOV is 60.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 18, 2017, 13:38 Retired

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 13:19:
eRe4s3r wrote on Apr 18, 2017, 12:40:
Are taxes so simple you can do them yourself in the US?
For a vast majority, yes. And even if your situation is a little more complicated, something like Turbo Tax will walk you through everything for $120 ($60 for the software, $60 for the electronic filing).

An example of someone who might need professional assistance: A day trader with hundreds or thousands of trades. Or if you are self employed, the mixing of personal and business finances can get complicated.

Yea. I had them done a couple years in a row to get a baseline. The following years nothing changed, so I do them myself. House, wife, kid, cars. Not much to worry about. Year over year not much change.

News Comments > Gone Gold - The Surge
2. Re: Gone Gold - The Surge Apr 18, 2017, 11:10 Retired

QT events (maybe not) but combo events, and on the rails console game? Will have to watch tons of video and game play before paying for this game.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 17, 2017, 12:17 Retired

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 10:54:
Retired wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 10:20:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 08:28:
Retired wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 19:04:
Very happy to see PUBG #1. It is usually 4 or 5 on the daily list of players. It is a really intense game. Such a step above and beyond the other similar games out there. Really looking forward to the optimization patch next week.

One of the coolest things coming to the game is the ability to replay in 2D as well as 3D the previous matches you have played. I hope they give the ability to watch others as well. Be fun to watch the matches of the top 10 people in the game to see their strategy, etc. Watching Twitch players that are in the top10 they aren't terrible awesome at the game compared to what I do, they just hit their first 1-3 shots and down people sooner and from further away. I don't have any kills longer than 300 meters, but I have a number of wins in solo.

The game gives me the excitement that playing in league and competitive BF2 did back in the day.

It badly needs optimization.
Cheaters are everywhere (funnily many more on European servers than on NA servers), massive lag, the stuttering and flashing of the whole screen is extremely irritating, and it still feels very spongy.
Turn everything to low or very low, terrain medium. I get 70+ fps. It lags out and gets choppy for a few moments, not bad unless it happens at the end game with only 10 people left.
I have enough FPS, its just the server lag, this weird stuttering and screen flashing that drives me nuts. mousewheel selection is also very very slow. Not to mention the still crappy sound, where you cant really tell if youre shot at or someone else. They said they fixed it, but it isnt.

That sucks. I am not having those issues.

Just won my 4th game, 9 kills.

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 17, 2017, 10:20 Retired

Muscular Beaver wrote on Apr 17, 2017, 08:28:
Retired wrote on Apr 16, 2017, 19:04:
Very happy to see PUBG #1. It is usually 4 or 5 on the daily list of players. It is a really intense game. Such a step above and beyond the other similar games out there. Really looking forward to the optimization patch next week.

One of the coolest things coming to the game is the ability to replay in 2D as well as 3D the previous matches you have played. I hope they give the ability to watch others as well. Be fun to watch the matches of the top 10 people in the game to see their strategy, etc. Watching Twitch players that are in the top10 they aren't terrible awesome at the game compared to what I do, they just hit their first 1-3 shots and down people sooner and from further away. I don't have any kills longer than 300 meters, but I have a number of wins in solo.

The game gives me the excitement that playing in league and competitive BF2 did back in the day.

It badly needs optimization.
Cheaters are everywhere (funnily many more on European servers than on NA servers), massive lag, the stuttering and flashing of the whole screen is extremely irritating, and it still feels very spongy.
Turn everything to low or very low, terrain medium. I get 70+ fps. It lags out and gets choppy for a few moments, not bad unless it happens at the end game with only 10 people left.

5. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 16, 2017, 19:04 Retired

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 16, 2017, 11:42 Retired

Several cases here in Minneapolis for kids aged 1-4. None were vaccinated.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer
10. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Trailer Apr 16, 2017, 05:51 Retired

thecakeisalie wrote on Apr 15, 2017, 21:00:
After getting burned by their first game (which has almost no playerbase on PC now), I'm not getting this one. The first one was Call of Duty: Star Wars not a real successor to the first 2 Battlefront games.

It even sold with a pay-to-win weapon packaged in the "Deluxe" edition just like Activision does with Call of Duty and Supply Drops (yeah, I know you could unlock it after getting max level and they eventually nerfed it but if you got the game on release, it was absolutely a pay-to-win weapon that simply wrecked people without it).

QFT

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 15, 2017, 14:53 Retired

Congrats guys! Enjoy! Thanks Mordi!  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 14, 2017, 23:59 Retired

Add me.

/edit. Sry for short note. Hellabusy holiday night.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 2017, 01:24.

News Comments > Quake Champions Clutch Trailer
8. Re: Quake Champions Clutch Trailer Apr 14, 2017, 09:55 Retired

Looking for players and a key.  

20. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 6, 2017, 12:40 Retired

descender wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 12:36:
She absolutely avoided any penalty because of her financial status.

That's... OK... that's a really roundabout way of connecting her to this.

I see a HUGE difference between not being charged with any crime and paying a settlement to avoid admitting to committing a crime and having the charge dismissed. She did the former, he did the latter.

You attacked her credibility first (and Bobbob's) and made no mention of actually agreeing with the message they were delivering. It took 3 follow up posts for you to actually say that. And you still think it's "everyone else". You and Cutter should start a self-help group for people that can't handle the online persona they've created for themselves.

You are the type of person where I could agree with you, actually probably quote and say "Yes, descender, I agree with you" and you would fight me about it.

And you are basing my online persona on what? A handful of posts you don't like? You don't know a thing about me.

18. Re: Evening Safety Dance Apr 6, 2017, 12:35 Retired

BobBob wrote on Apr 6, 2017, 12:31:
Popcorn

Good idea, as I am surprised it has taken this long for someone to froth at the mouth and respond with the word "Trump" after the use of credibility. Assumptions galore.

READY GO!

You nerds and trolls enjoy. I am on my 4th 12 hour shift later. Sleep for me.

20744 Comments. 1038 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo