Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20612 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
47. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 11:03 Retired

descender wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 10:56:
Please provide a white list of websites to use as sources and I will gladly pull the same information. Let me guess, Huff Po.

The sources don't matter if you don't ever actually check to see if what the source is saying is accurate.

TO Verno's point, go look at the NUMBER of people that came here just last year. There is NO WAY they had an opportunity to check them.

This is just flat out fucking wrong. You can't possibly be more wrong. My previous post shows you the exact numbers and how meaningless they are to the overall population.

It takes over a year and a half MINIMUM to get through the entire process and it involves every security agency in the country. This isn't political, this isn't up for debate, this is a fact. Go read some interviews from people who have actually gone through the process and stop listening to your right-wing fear-mongerers feeding you this insanity about them "sneaking in terrorists" through the refugee program.

If they wanted to sneak terrorists into the US the refugee resettlement program is the absolute last way they would do it. Why would anyone bother going through a years-long process when they could simply come in with visas from other countries like the 9/11 attackers did?

Please keep attacking me and speaking about "my life experience" like you have a fucking clue who I am. Being a cop doesn't make you a special snowflake so stop acting like you're afraid you are going to melt every time someone questions you.

Who is attacking WHO!? Never said I was a snowflake, but I guarantee I have access to, experience with, contact with, and direct knowledge with no less than thousands of immigrants from several communities to, what, your online articles you read?

You can question me all you want, but again, as to your own comments, because I am not of the like minded hive you come from, my views don't matter right?

Again, this all started when I said it was ridiculous, and you continue to prove my point with your foaming at the mouth.

Are you Zeph? Making sense now joined about the time he "disappeared".

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 10:49 Retired

descender wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 10:46:
We have different views

Yeah, you believe rightwing troll websites and conflate completely different exective orders. And I... don't?

I'm not shouting you down, you are providing bullshit sources and completely misunderstanding how these orders are different... and you are being called out on it. Do better... or maybe don't bother to post half-informed nonsense.

Please provide a white list of websites to use as sources and I will gladly pull the same information. Let me guess, Huff Po.

I understand the orders aren't exact, but this shit isn't apples and oranges! So to have it justified in your head what Obama did you try to make it look like night and day - when it isn't.

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 10:42 Retired

descender wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 10:39:
Your act is getting old. You do this same thing pretty much any time you are challenged on your bullshit.

Challenged? We have different views, yet since mine is different you call it bullshit. My act? You are a constant troll , as you put it, "shouting down" the other side as it isn't worth listening to. All I have done is mention how ridiculous this is and you prove my point.

Keep editing though....

TO Verno's point, go look at the NUMBER of people that came here just last year. There is NO WAY they had an opportunity to check them. I won't even get into what we deal with on a local level as I will be called everything under the sun for sharing life experience, something someone like descender lacks.

37. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 10:37 Retired

descender wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 10:35:
These links copied from your previous link aren't providing any different information. You still aren't understanding what they actually say.

Grow up for fucks sake. Disinformation isn't a game.

You're cute.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 10:32 Retired

descender wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 10:31:
No one is sayting they are making it up, we are saying that you don't understand (or aren't paying attention to) what you are reading and your source is slanted.

"It was the first headline" is the new "my dog ate my homework". It's your opinion and public perception that you are tarnishing by being lazy with your sources, not mine.

Check the source now bitch! You didn't bother to read the article as you just assumed it was trash cause of the source. Eat it.

Please explain how the WH documents are opinion? Please, do tell, I am all ears.

Is my source as slanted as your left wingnuts that are bashing what they previously did?

33. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 10:27 Retired

descender wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 10:25:
The Washington Examiner? Strike two? Laugh

Everyone loves to play the cynic, but it's painfully obvious when you are just repeating headlines and don't understand the topic you are talking about. Obama's previous restrictions on visa's and Trump's current ban on all entry from these countries are not even remotely similar. There is no hypocrisy, just your inability to discern a proper source of news.

You don't have to claim a team when you are making excuses for one side constantly.

*Yawn. It is a 90 day deal. Calm down sally. Whether you like the source or not, they aren't making shit up, the information is out there, that was the first link that put it all together

Are those better sites?

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 09:54 Retired

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 09:47:
Retired wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 08:56:
Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 08:29:
Retired wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 07:55:
The past 3 presidents have instituted similar bans, Obama did 6-7 times!

And the world didn't burn.....weird.
Big difference between passing a bill through Congress and just issuing an Executive Order. Which is one of the things the GOP constantly railed about against Obama. Apparently, as usual, it is okay for the GOP to do what they complained bitterly about the Ds doing.
Once again, not defending, but the media has created the majority of our problems in this country in the past 15-20 years.
Yeah, people's actions mean nothing. It is only the press reporting those actions that create problems. Obviously. Rolleyes

Obama came out yesterday and said that Trump was doing was unamerican. Apparently was ok when he did it. But i am sure you have more excuses and then blame Bush.

Terrible cycle.

Bats, outside of this discussion you're a smart guy. I'm certain you can see the differences between what Trump is doing and what Obama did.

But, given that your source is Townhall, maybe you want to be misinformed?

Obama did it to one country, and only to those applying for SIVs, not everybody, including those with greencards. Religion had nothing to do with it. Obama's came after the arrest of two Iraqis making plans in Kentucky. Trump's is on a whim with no evidence everywhere. Obama's wasn't blanket and didn't stop visas, and there wasn't a single month that we didn't have Iraqi refugees coming into the US. Not a single month. Obama's process also involved the State Department and the Judicial Department and came with warning, Trump just did this with on his own.

The source doesn't matter, it was one of hundreds on the topic, I just glossed over quick on my phone - and the only thing they are doing is quoting the order as well as linking to other sites reporting on it.....soooo...please enlighten me to the misinformation.

One country?

My point is the volume at which the hypocrisy is being spewed.

I said I am not defending, I am pointing out how ridiculous the Left is handling their reaction when just a couple years ago they were all for the same thing.

Spin it however you want, same or similar, the reaction is ridiculous all things considered. And at the end of the day, my previous comments hold true - they are all the same, they just fly a different banner, childish games that both sides partake in. I have long said the 2 party system is broken. Just look at the FACT that only 2 cabinet members have been "approved" and they flat out said it is PAYBACK.

(And to the previous comments, I never claimed a team - just pointing out facts)

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 08:56 Retired

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 08:29:
Retired wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 07:55:

Big difference between passing a bill through Congress and just issuing an Executive Order. Which is one of the things the GOP constantly railed about against Obama. Apparently, as usual, it is okay for the GOP to do what they complained bitterly about the Ds doing.
Once again, not defending, but the media has created the majority of our problems in this country in the past 15-20 years.
Yeah, people's actions mean nothing. It is only the press reporting those actions that create problems. Obviously. Rolleyes

Obama came out yesterday and said that Trump was doing was unamerican. Apparently was ok when he did it. But i am sure you have more excuses and then blame Bush.

Terrible cycle.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 07:55 Retired

Nucas wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 00:06:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 23:15:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 22:43:
BobBob wrote on Jan 29, 2017, 17:53:
Thoughts on this weekend's travel bans and protests? Will it continue or get thrown out by the higher courts?

I find it far more hilarious people are surprised he is doing what he said he was gonna do. As if honesty in a presidential election is something rare and unfathomable (Well, for Clinton it would have been I guess)
The people who didn't vote for him thought he would do what he said, thus they didn't vote for him. It's actually those that voted for him who thought he was just blowing smoke. People, in general, are gullible.

As for legality, there will be exceptions to that ban, tons of them, but the general gist seems to be legally stable. It is surprising not to see Egypt and Saudi Arabia on that list though, you know, the actual terror states.
Not a single person from the seven states on the "pause" (Iran, Iraq, Somalia, Syria, Sudan, Libya and Yemen) has killed an American on US soil 1975-2015, according to the Cato institute. It's like banning sunscreen imports from Iceland. States NOT on the "pause" (UAE, Egypt, and Saudi Arabia) have killed 3000 Americans on US soil.

Coincidentally Trump has business interests in those latter three, but not in the first seven. I'm sure that's just a coincidence.

and don't forget, once the ban expires, only non-muslims will receive priority refugee status. christians and jews welcome! this is a bald-faced ban on religion.

Once again, not defending, but the media has created the majority of our problems in this country in the past 15-20 years. They have spun every angle and CREATED news where there was none. They have pitted the country against each other in every form. And there are a ton of sheep that just eat it up.

Go do your homework, the groundwork for this was laid out by Obama....

Where was the uproar when Iraqis couldn't get a Visa for 6 months during the Obama administration?

News Comments > 25M Overwatch Players
18. Re: 25M Overwatch Players Jan 27, 2017, 22:14 Retired

Probably includes 5-10 Million banned/dupe accounts.

I am more interested in sales than "players". (is there a diff?)

Even at 50$ a game, $1.2B? I dunno....seems far fetched doesn't it?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
11. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 27, 2017, 09:41 Retired

Microsoft kills the ability to uninstall stock apps from Windows 10.

They forget that is what caused them a huge lawsuit 15 years ago?

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced
22. Re: Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Announced Jan 27, 2017, 02:07 Retired

I guess I really need to make it through the first one....  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week
18. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Beta Next Week Jan 26, 2017, 11:09 Retired

Anyone concerned UBI is trying to juggle to much and their products will suffer?

I completed Watch Dogs 2 and actually sat and watched the credits while I was doing something else, and now I see why games are so expensive. That was THE MOST PEOPLE I have ever seen in credits working on a game. To many imho. (esp since it was a sequel and maybe I am being naive to think they re issued a ton of assets)

I think anything from UBI is a wait and see at this point.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2017, 17:45 Retired

Kxmode wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 15:11:
I bought AC Syndicate several months back but stopped early because I didn't understand the Assassin/Templar modern day story. So I decided to go through the AC series beginning from AC2 (had played AC1 before). Unfortunately, the controls were so bad for AC2 that I was forced to watch on Youtube. I'm presently on Black Flag. I thought each AC game got progressively better. However, BF is fantastic fun. The pirate ship mechanics is top-notch! Definitely a 9 out of 10.

I have enjoyed the ones I have played. AC1 seemed like a HUGE game. Unity had a lot of tiny stuff to do but the story was good. I didn't think 2 was that bad....kbm or controller?

I am still intending on playing them in order....

/Another Super Bowl I don't really care about....I hate Atlanta, but was happy to see them crush the Pack.

92. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 23:37 Retired

SlimRam wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 23:18:
Well, on the bright side, in 6 months when the Trump supporters realize that he's done nothing to actually help them; Is a lying, misogynistic, white supremacist, anti-Islam, hate mongering, bigot with an agenda that only helps millionaires, perhaps then we'll all finally be united again as a country and agree to hate him.

Again not defending but I find irony in your comments. Considering you just explained every politician and every President.

65. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 07:51 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 00:48:
Dacote wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 21:33:
Nucas wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 21:19:
man i am LOVING the tweet storms about trump's first executive order increasing the cost on homeowners getting FHA mortgages. especially when they act like they didn't know what they were voting for. it's so good

"he's just kidding around"
"he'll mature as a president" (just like bush)
"at least he's not hillary! EMAILS!"
Those are great, I love the "I used to support you, but..." idiots that are just now figuring out trump is a total lying piece of shit.
The whole nation will be experiencing trumpregrets before the impeachment is final. Can't wait.

Some of those were real for sure, but others felt like sockpuppet Trump voter mockery accounts.

The FHA insurance decrease was only for NEW mortgages closing prior to Jan 27th. It affected a VERY SMALL number of people. (Nov-Feb is the slowest time of the year for home purchases)

Not defending any actions, but people need to chill. He is signing executive orders to halt anything Obama was putting into place. Obama did the same thing. And so did every president before.

People need to relax.

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
4. Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 21, 2017, 13:00 Retired

Shambling corpse of 3D TV finally falls down dead. They were DOA. Thanks Slashdot via Ant.

Called it. As did damn near everyone around here. Never wasted the money on it.

32. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 17, 2017, 07:53 Retired

We live in very difficult and strange times. In a period where people shout about injustices and equality, their true message is that of hatred towards the other side.

I hope at some point, the yelling stops, and the fixing begins.....I always come back to this idea that somewhere along the way we are now UNABLE to be ok with someone else's point of view and just take the stance that because you don't agree with me you hate me - so I hate you.

I think MLK Jr is rolling in his grave.

22. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 15, 2017, 03:45 Retired

Kxmode wrote on Jan 14, 2017, 22:52:
I think I found a euphemism. In the wake of NMS's preorder madness companies are moving away from the word preorder. WWE 2K17 isn't using "preorder". They're using "pre-purchase."

WE2k16 was so bad, not sure how they recover.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2017, 14:39 Retired

.....you know. I tend to learn quickly, and enjoy working on projects on the house. We put in windows, new floors, the main floor had the floor trusses ripped and leveled, roof, siding, etc.

Can see the light at the end of the tunnel on major bathroom renovation (gutted to studs), took the floor up, moved vanity, moved tub, moved toilet. And every time I work with electricity, how simple it is, what it entails........

.....I should have been an electrician. I guess there is still time.

20612 Comments. 1031 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo