Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20074 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Re: De-icing concrete could improve roadway safety, guard against corporate espionage. Jan 25, 2016, 18:45 Retired

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 07:46:
The Half Elf wrote on Jan 24, 2016, 22:16:
The question is, how much would it cost to 'turn on' the driveway.
Yes, I meant that also. Considering they said the cost for an entire bridge for a three day storm was $250, I'm guessing it's within the affordable range.

Many new bridges have a deicing system installed. See them a lot here in MN. Helps a TON.

Some newer City Hall buildings are also installing heated concrete. Shovel, turn it on, sweep off the rest, can shut it off. My guess is if you can afford to install it, you are not worried about the price to run it.

Honestly, run it for 20 years straight - covers approximately one lawsuit if someone falls with no system in place!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2016, 18:39 Retired

Cutter wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 16:14:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 15:04:
I agree, it's going to be a battle of the defenses this year. I think Cam and the rest of the Carolina offense at least have the potential to have a great offensive game. I don't see Peyton being able to have an amazing game. The only thing I've noticed about Cam is that when he gets frustrated he really starts to make some terrible choices, trying to force plays and making big mistakes. Not something that normally happens to Peyton, except of course, famously, the Broncos v. Seahawks Superbowl.

Never forget fellas, age and treachery will always overcome youth and exuberance. Cam does indeed get frustrated very easily. That's his biggest shortcoming.

Regardless, for whatever reason the Panthers have been firing on all cylinders all season so this is really theirs to lose and I consider that unlikely. I'm actually pretty shocked at just how bad the Cardinals got trounced. I think most people would like to see Peyton go out on a win however. Still, any given Sunday, right?

I admit the Panthers are a pretty amazing offense. Those 6? Interceptions yesterday weren't anything special, all were terrible throws. Would have liked to see AZ win with all of the MN ties, but now really pushing for the Broncos. Cam is a child and needs to be put into time out. The showboating is not good for the game. It amazes me that him and Jordan are friends, Jordan needs to have a come to Jesus with him about being humble and RESPECTING the game.

Go Broncos. Panthers D can't get to The Sheriff fast enough. He reads D like no one else. Payton throws in 1-2 seconds, usually 1. Would love to see Payton win and retire. Cam can try again next year.

The Broncos have the corners to stop those big pass plays. AZ's secondary looked pretty bad. Got beat HARD on a lot of plays. Many plays with no coverage, light coverage, or just flat out ran by them.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2016, 18:31 Retired

bigspender wrote on Jan 25, 2016, 17:50:
Why Snow Shoveling is an Unusually Deadly Type of Exercise.

The article forgot one important thing:- If your arteries aren't clogged, you won't get a heart attack. Ever.

Don't eat foods that are high in cholesterol (which coats your arteries in plaque) such as meat/dairy/fish/eggs.

Within a a few months of eating a whole foods plant based diet of hearty foods such as french lentil shepherds pie, black bean burgers, wholemeal tomato pizzas, your cholesterol will be so low you'll begin to reverse the cloggage until your arteries are clean again, and within a year you can shovel snow until your hands are blistered, regardless of your age.

Cause people are lazy fat bastards that don't do a damn thing all year then think they can lug around hundreds of pounds of snow quickly in an environment that is utterly cold yet the body overheats.......

eh, probably dumb luck.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 24, 2016, 19:35 Retired

I always find the inability of the East coast to handle snow and weather a bit funny. We get that kind of snow in Minnesota and we just go about our business and go to work. Doesn't really affect much, maybe some school late starts.....

In Dec 2010, we got almost 2 feet of snow in 24 hours. Roads were cleared pretty quickly, took a few days for the plows to do the alleys, but when you own a Jeep.....

This comment was edited on Jan 24, 2016, 21:44.

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Trailer
13. Re: Far Cry Primal Trailer Jan 21, 2016, 15:25 Retired

Yea thanks for links. Scanned through them. Not overly impressed, I think I might be burned out on FC atm. Just trying to finish FC4 and a couple other clones.  

News Comments > Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video
32. Re: Far Cry Primal Gameplay Video Jan 21, 2016, 15:23 Retired

Sepharo wrote on Jan 9, 2016, 01:31:
You can control an owl.
I'm sold.

An owl......during the day.....

Ill let that sink in.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2016, 09:53 Retired

InBlack wrote on Jan 21, 2016, 09:23:
Retired wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 21:36:
wow....Seriously considering buying this....

LG Electronics 34UC98 34-Inch WQHD IPS Curved LED Monitor (34" Diagonal)

How much is it?

$1400! There are SIMILAR for 700-1000.

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2016, 21:36 Retired

wow....Seriously considering buying this....

LG Electronics 34UC98 34-Inch WQHD IPS Curved LED Monitor (34" Diagonal)

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Jan 20, 2016, 21:08 Retired

BN is probably the fastest loading page on the internet that I go to. I love the straight forward simple design.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2016, 14:10 Retired

Welcome back to the real world Halfie!!  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 20, 2016, 13:17 Retired

Verno wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 12:39:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 20, 2016, 10:10:
Shkreli's (former) legal team probably told him he was fucked, and the best tactic was to attempt to reduce sentencing. The guy sounds like a narcissistic sleaze, hopefully he can't weasel out of this.

Thankfully this guy is truly a moron and if it isn't this then it will be something else. He's bound to end up behind bars one day, I just hope he can't do anymore damage to others on his way.

Something tells me he will end up dead.

News Comments > Tom Clancy's The Division Videos
1. Re: Tom Clancy's The Division Videos Jan 20, 2016, 10:02 Retired

If you have to do these CoD gimmicks.....I am concerned that your game will suck. Why no gameplay vids? The ones that are out there are crap.  

News Comments > Darkest Dungeon Released
4. Re: Darkest Dungeon Released Jan 20, 2016, 00:54 Retired

Not that anyone cares, game is amazing.  

News Comments > Gone Gold - Bombshell
6. Re: Gone Gold - Bombshell Jan 20, 2016, 00:54 Retired

Bombshell beer in Corpus Christi Texas is the best beer I have ever had.  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
5. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 18, 2016, 19:09 Retired

The game looks fun, just not sure why such a quick new game. Kind of flooding the genre and IP.......reskin?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
4. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 18, 2016, 19:08 Retired

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 18, 2016, 18:23:
2nd place is a night in a cave with those annoying family members you had to spend 'quality time' with during the holidays.
Minus the alcohol.

No booze No Batman.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 18, 2016, 12:31 Retired

MICHAEL JACKSON'S MOONWALKER GAME (Teens React- Retro Gaming).

One of the best games on SEGA Genesis. Modded my Genesis with a lighter, just had to heat up and push back each side, as the game was a very early import and had rounded edges (could buy a "converter" for 40$).

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 10:13 Retired

hmmm, I feel like I have a ton of games just like DD....can't justify it yet. (watched some vids). I can wait. Having a hard time just getting through a game....  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
1. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 18, 2016, 08:46 Retired

No biggie Apple.....Pandora is far superior.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 18, 2016, 08:41 Retired

Paranoid Jack wrote on Jan 17, 2016, 21:07:
It is far from perfect no doubt. A lot of valid points but no deal breakers for me. Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen PC is a great port of a console game roughly four years old. Originally released in 2012 and the expansion in 2013, so yeah, it has the Dark Arisen expansion plus a bit more. If you can get past little things that most would consider petty then you will enjoy it as a great mixture of jRPG/aRPG/eRPG. I got it for 25% off the Steam pre-order at GMG. So look for a code and grab it if you want. Watch Angry Joe's old review if you want a good/fair honest opinion on the game.

I first spotted it a couple years ago and was ready to buy a PS3 version when I checked the Plus games available list and was pleasantly surprised to find it there free. Having a blast. Using a XBone wired PC controler.

edit: here is a good review by a guy I have never heard of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxGO-eh3dkU

Sweet. Added him to my watch list, probably one of the better video review guys out there. Jag does a great job as well. I like that he plays a ton of games that rarely get the reviews but always seem to be on my list of things to look at.

20074 Comments. 1004 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo