Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20338 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
23. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 12, 2016, 07:52 Retired

Everybody is always looking for a conspiracy in something. Tell someone that it is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and if you look on the internet, they will try and convince you it is sawdust and unicorn jizz.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed
19. Re: BioShock: The Collection PC Upgrades Detailed Sep 10, 2016, 11:57 Retired

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2016, 21:01:
Turns out I have the first Bioshock as a separate physical game, and the other 2 on Steam. I'm probably shit out of luck to get the Remastered version for free.

Cant you just put your code into Steam? I think that is what I did.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2016, 17:56 Retired

For all of you that have Titan Quest, the Anniversary edition is free in your library. A nice gift.  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 7, 2016, 12:08 Retired

Drej wrote on Sep 7, 2016, 10:25:
I wish T-Mobile would focus on increasing the area of their coverage. In city centers it is fantastic. But you go even a couple of miles outside of a city center and it's complete garbage. Need wider coverage!

Get what you pay for. They are the cheapest carrier for a reason.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2016, 12:02 Retired

Calif. prospector finds steak-sized gold nugget. Publicity stunt? Thanks ViperFour.

If I went to a restaurant and ordered a "steak", and they brought out that tiny thing, I would walk out.

News Comments > Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released
18. Re: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition Released Sep 6, 2016, 08:04 Retired

Game is free if you owned the other ones.  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2016, 07:50 Retired

nin wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 20:25:
Nimh wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 16:00:
Remove telemetry and Win10 KB's from win7/8.. https://gist.github.com/xvitaly/eafa75ed2cb79b3bd4e9

Spybot Antibeacon also works in win7 and 8 now.

I use GWX Control Panel to keep that Win10 garbage off of my machine.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 5, 2016, 07:50 Retired

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 16:38:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 15:18:
New opioid douses pain without being addictive or deadly in primates.

That's cool.

Now where's my non-addictive opioid that gets just gets people high and is legal? Let's invent that and undercut the trade in cocaine and heroin.

That really is huge. As someone who did a lot of drugs in the past I was always greatful I never had an addictive personality for any of them...with the sole exception of morphia. Did it twice, the first time as pain relief after an accident, and the second just to try it as is. I liked it way too much and was terrified of ever going near it again because I saw just how easy it would be to get hooked on it. I really hope this works out because it would be a major game changer for all humanity.

I have 4 surgeries over the last 1.5 years, and was put on serious drugs after each one. I quickly (and foolishly) took myself off of them to fast, ended up being in a lot of pain. The comfort the opioids gave was needed for me to heal and do therapy, but holy hell. I can see why people get stuck on those things!

Coming off of them was a BITCH! The body does really weird things when it wants a drug.....it is no longer a mystery to me why people abuse the hell out of those things. Body felt like I was 16 again, no pain anywhere. But I like to poop, so glad I no longer need them.

5. Re: Battlefield 1 Beta Sep 4, 2016, 12:14 Retired

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 4, 2016, 11:09:
The BF1 open beta has a pretty serious memory leak. With my old desktop, with 8gb RAM, I can barely play one long round, or not even two medium rounds, before it starts slowing down drastically and giving me out of memory system messages. At first I wondered if it's just my aging desktop, but no, quite a few threads on it from people with newer comps.

Out of line of sight deaths may be due to lag/general bugginess, I wouldn't get too...paranoid( )... just yet about hacks. Once the memory leak gets resolved, a lot of timing/lag issues should improve.

Sandstorms are a terrible idea. They've been terrible for several Battlefields, and NO ONE enjoys them, no idea why DICE keeps using them, aside from getting a massive hard on for their engine capabilities.

All of that said, when it's working and there isn't a weather effect blocking sight, the game is pretty fun. Already had a nice sequence of: bombing some infantry from a biplane, get damaged, bail out to let it crash into an enemy plane, land, pick up the anti-tank rifle at E, snipe some more infantry, snipe a TANK to death, then get run over by a sniped guy's riderless horse. GG Battlefield.

I think I'm already sick of the booby trap shit, every doorway has somebody's wire-bomb thing in it. Waste of time, but at least the icon is pretty visible.

I'll put some more hours into the beta once my new system is put together towards the end of the week (hopefully!)

*EDIT* Typo.

Played for a couple hours, deleted it.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
7. Re: Bitcoin adblocker Sep 4, 2016, 08:08 Retired

Creston wrote on Sep 2, 2016, 15:11:
"For the first time in the history of web browsers, people can now seamlessly reward the sites whose content they value and wish to support, while remaining untracked by anyone...

"... anyone other than us, of course. We will happily sell all your browsing habits to literally everyone who asks for it."

Yea I see this idea going sideways.....

Next Article:

Bitcoin adblocker hacked and billions in bitcoin stolen from unsuspecting web users

News Comments > Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month
14. Re: Shadow Warrior 2 Next Month Sep 4, 2016, 08:01 Retired

Pr()ZaC wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 07:48:
Ravenus wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 03:12:
I was initially disappointed that Lo Wang in the reboot had a lot less of the cheesy Asian stereotype I enjoyed in the original game. But the game itself was a lot of fun in the old-skool way and surprisingly layered with its use of skill trees and magic powers. The story in the cutscenes was pretty good too, although it seemed divorced from the tone of the gameplay.

I am rather apprehensive about the random level generator for the sequel though. I disliked Diablo for this particular reason and I'm not sure I'm going to like it here. For me hand-crafted unique levels beat randomized generic crap any day.
It might be because I have a fever, but I don't see in the description that levels will be procedurally generated. Only the loot system.

Edit:
From the wiki...
Every mission, except for story-specific events, will feature procedurally generated level design and content, including randomized enemy positions, terrain, buildings, and weather conditions.

That is actually the most exciting part of the game to me. Not to big on the 100,000,000,000,000 rounds from a gattling gun to kill a bad guy though.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
4. Re: Saturday Metaverse Sep 3, 2016, 17:17 Retired

I just don't' find the readers as comfortable to hold. Also, having to organize the books, etc in the different readers I have is a PITA. I often forget I read a book a while back and start reading it again, only to get "that feeling"......  

News Comments > Saturday Patches
1. Re: Saturday Patches Sep 3, 2016, 17:16 Retired

It was possible you could use up all available slots for waypoints on the galaxy map and be unable to set new waypoints. This is much better now.

How was that ever overlooked in a game that touted infinite exploration!

Also, they used "learnt" in a sentence.....wtf.

News Comments > Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour
19. Re: Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary Edition World Tour Sep 3, 2016, 17:11 Retired

Blue wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 17:03:
The Half Elf wrote on Sep 3, 2016, 15:34:
When do we hit the 20th Anniversary of Duke Nukem Forever being announced?

In seven months. No joke.

ahahahahahah

They have released these games so many times - not sure why anyone would buy them anymore.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer
5. Re: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare Multiplayer Trailer Sep 3, 2016, 10:12 Retired

meh.

AW is probably one of the worst in the series - this looks the same.

Pass.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 3, 2016, 05:40 Retired

Well, I think my 660Ti is showing it's age, even with 4GB and was well ahead of it's time.....thinking it is time for the 1070.

Any input?

4 Years old according to this - not bad. Can still upgrade the CPU and have only had to replace the PSU 1x.

News Comments > Battlefield 1 Open Beta
69. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Sep 1, 2016, 07:41 Retired

It was nice to be on a team with someone, but still think it is a Battlefront skin. Not a fan of either. I'll go back to 3,4,HL.

Bummer, cause I love the era.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Aug 31, 2016, 19:17 Retired

Creston wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 16:14:
Burrito of Peace wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 12:55:
I just wish Amazon would stop shipping Prime merchandise through the shithole that is US Postal system. "It'll be delivered Monday!" Wednesday arrives...[crickets as the postal twunt rolls by]. Call Amazon:
"It says it was out for delivery on Monday."
"Yes, yes I know it does. It has said that Monday, Tuesday, and now today."
"We'll reship the item overnight for you."
"While I appreciate that, is there anyway that I can get my Prime purchases not shipped through the godawful postal system?"
"We have many different methods of ensuring that we meet your two day Prime guarantee and it's not possible to pick just one or exclude one."
"Right."

Add the following line to your chat conversation:

"I pay 99 dollars a year to get stuff here in two days. Not three days, or four days, or five days. Two days. If you can't guarantee that, I might as well quit Prime."

This line is typically followed with them going: "Sorry sir, would a $10 credit / free month of prime on your account suffice?"

Also, ALWAYS make a screenshot of the "GUARANTEED DELIVERY ON SEPTEMBER 1st!" window. Then, when you contact them and they try to pull the "technically it's two days from when it's readied in the warehouse for shipping, sir." on you, you show them the screenshot, and voila. Credit, or new items shipped overnight for free, flow your way.

Never had any issues. I wonder if it is because I am in Minneapolis and they have Amazon warehouses here. I think the Amazon trucks just deliver directly from there nearby.......

26. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 12:22 Retired

Slick wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 12:20:
Retired wrote on Aug 31, 2016, 12:15:
Played plenty.

Thousands of hours in BF games.

I am drunk, and I am home.

Then maybe put a couple hours into figuring out the new game mechanics and get into a good squad that can take objectives. I'll squad up with you if you want. I'm not drunk yet, but I'm good company.

originID: IIISLICKIII

"NO RESULTS WERE FOUND FOR IIISLICKIII"

Try mine "The_xXBatmanXx"

24. Re: Battlefield 1 Open Beta Aug 31, 2016, 12:15 Retired

Played plenty.

Thousands of hours in BF games.

I am drunk, and I am home.

20338 Comments. 1017 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo