Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20746 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2017, 20:08 Retired

All of the current trend is just the new way to rip off consumers. No different than charging for content that used to be free under "updates" and community mods.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 00:14 Retired

Fannie Mae just reported making 3 Billion in Q3 this year....  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2017, 14:39 Retired

Steam Link arrived from the crazy $1.00 deal - didn't think that would go through, but it is here and eager to try it out. I will currently try it over wireless, as the contractor hasn't been here yet to wire the whole house up.

/Edit: Hmmm, super easy setup, but some weirdness I need to work on. So it actually does STREAM 1 to 1 from your gaming rig to your LINK to your TV.

Few things:
-I have headphones plugged into my machine, so I have no sound on the TV from Link. I went to the gaming machine and sound is coming through headphones

-There are 2 resolutions. Your native on your gaming machine and a target resolution on your TV. Mine are vastly different, will need to play around with this to find optimal. It runs in window borderless through the link. (edit2: Found a "match resolution" on gaming computer in Steam settings - off to tinker)

-I used a PS3 USB. Had to keep it plugged in. I will mess around with this more - would hate to have to buy more hardware to be wireless controller. I will try a PS4 controller as well. (In the move I lost/misplaced my xbox 360 wireless dongle)

That was 10 minutes of messing around. Even through wireless it is reactive, haven't played anything as I need to tinker with resolution. Be dumb if I had to bring resolution on my gaming rig down to 1080. Also not to keen on the sound as my machine sits in a 2nd living room.

For $1.00 it seems cool, glad I didn't pay full price. I am sure I have a ton to learn on how this all works. I did no research, haven't looked up anything, this thing is truly plug and play.

//edit after playing with it. The sound works after a reset and ps3 controller now works wirelessly. Played a couple games, some lag with spikes. Impressive little piece of hardware. Needs to be wired for anything enjoyable. Played Road to Redemption and crashed a lot with stream lag. After about 40 mins of play whole unit became unresponsive. Ill wait until I can get wired.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2017, 16:14.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2017, 14:38 Retired

Blue wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 13:08:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 12:09:
Blue, are you going to get moved before the end of the year? Seems like the process has been taking a bit longer than you'd have thought...

At this point I'd say we won't, we seem to be perpetually a couple of weeks away from putting the house on the market. I've grown to realize that MrsBlue is actually being an obstruction at this point because of her misgivings about this all. So I've decided that the only way to keep this from making me crazy is to do my best to facilitate, but to go with the flow and not let it make me crazy. It'll all work out in the end.

Good luck. Ours was frantic and quick. Sucked, don't think I will subject myself to moving ever again. We are still digging out. Garage is fairly full and storage unit is still about 1/3 full.....

News Comments > Steam Top 10
28. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 31, 2017, 01:21 Retired

Kxmode wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 13:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 13:36:
Retired wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:32:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 12:19:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
the end is nigh for this flash in the pan game /s

I wonder if you combined all the Ass Creed versions, if PUBG would still be #1. Probably would.

Has yet to be released on consoles.....insane.

Has yet to even be released in its final form. We all know the "successful" track record for early access games.

The game is pretty much done. Just fine tuning and setting up monetization.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 01:13 Retired

I cant find an actual list of play modes and types. The last 4 have been all vanilla and no HC at release. Why are they so tight lipped on this game? Only info I can find is about War mode.....lot of money to shell out for vanilla TDM  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 30, 2017, 23:05 Retired

They listen in even when you arent on their service.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 30, 2017, 23:01 Retired

Dividing the community on day 1.  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 29, 2017, 18:32 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 12:19:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
the end is nigh for this flash in the pan game /s

I wonder if you combined all the Ass Creed versions, if PUBG would still be #1. Probably would.

Has yet to be released on consoles.....insane.

News Comments > The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled
11. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 29, 2017, 09:35 Retired

THanks walt, I sent in a request through the portal some time ago but never heard back. Ill do a 2nd request. I fell through the cracks on other KS but had a quick response.  

4. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 20:54 Retired

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 28, 2017, 16:49:
I didn't back BT4 but... dude? It's not even out yet. It has been delayed to 2018.

As for ToN, well, top of the mornin' to you, Sir. How about contacting their support? The game came out at the end of February.

From your issues it sounds like you have some major misconception about how KS works. You do realize you have to link your KS and your inXile backer portal accounts, right? You have to sign up at the inXile website and then follow the steps to tell them your KS e-mail address.

Alternatively, check your spam mail. They usually send out like half a dozen reminders for lazy backers who still haven't linked their shit together. You know, it makes sense to read those KS backer mails every once in a while. Why back if you don't give a shit anyway?

P.S.: Just checked. BT4 doesn't have a backer portal yet. This is why I'm no longer backing inXile... incredible how slow and lame they are. The only thing they are really good and fast at is collecting money for projects that are YEARS out. As a Torment backer head here.

I know how it works - there have been versions that are playable, but I wouldn't expect you to understand anything more than puke on the floor.

I should have quit reading at "I didn't bake BT4".

2. Re: The Bard's Tale Remastered & Resnarkled Oct 28, 2017, 16:21 Retired

Anyone here to the Kickstarter for Bards Tale IV? Never got my key and never got the key for Torment....  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 20:56 Retired

Trump delays release of hundreds of remaining JFK assassination documents.

Paywall alert

34. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 20:52 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 17:59:
NKD wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 17:54:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 14:11:
If you do one thing today, make it this
https://www.needtoimpeach.com/

Man I wish petitions did something.

On that note, even my conservative mother has now told me we need to "get Trump out of there." She doesn't like him treating Republicans like the opposition party apparently, and she's noticed that he never actually accomplishes anything. He makes some token effort, usually via executive order, declares it the greatest thing anyone has ever done, and then moves on.

She was never really a Trump supporter except that she thought he'd be a good puppet manipulated by the Republican mainstream. Now she's worried about the damage Trump is doing to the Republicans by not working with his own party.

We're better off with Trump than Pence.

Or Hillary.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 20:49 Retired

Anyone have Steam Link device? Mine will be here before Halloween, but I am wondering how do you control games? Do I need a separate controller? What works for everyone?  

News Comments > Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown
23. Re: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Released; Menu Includes Countdown Oct 27, 2017, 20:44 Retired

So tempted to get it. G2A has it for 37. I haven't finished the first one, so I guess I should wait.  

News Comments > GTA Online Celebrates 4th Anniversary and Halloween
1. Re: GTA Online Celebrates 4th Anniversary and Halloween Oct 27, 2017, 20:43 Retired

Online != SP world, which they have failed at.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
30. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 20:42 Retired

Cutter wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 18:24:
Wow, okay I may just have to cave and buy this now. I checked my email and I don't see any 20% of cupon from Ubisoft...bastards.

Look at this PC gameplay of it. He's in Alexandria, it's huge and it's breathtaking. Jump to about the 12:50 mark and he brings up the regional map than the world map, this game is fucking massive! Granted there's probably not as much to do in most of those regions, but still!

As big as Witcher 3 world?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Origins Released
20. Re: Assassin's Creed Origins Released Oct 27, 2017, 16:35 Retired

ForgedReality wrote on Oct 27, 2017, 16:12:
Man I can't seem to ever finish any AC game. I think maybe I finished the first one, but I'm not too sure. Never finished AC3. Not sure if I played 2 or not, but I think I did. See, these games just aren't very memorable to me. It seems cool at first, then just degrades into this drawn-out, repetitive mess that doesn't seem to cater to the person who wants to explore and discover everything. I get bored and play something else.

This one does look good but reviewers are already saying it's repetitive and flawed. Wolfenstein 2 seems too short, apparently, like the planned DLC is meant to be a bandaid for that. Guess I'll wait til the whole thing with all the DLC comes out in a sale. Super, massively addicted to Warframe right now anyway.

I finished 1,2 and Unity. None of the others. Only reason I did Unity was because it was coop.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 27, 2017, 13:12 Retired

Gun of Icarus Online is free over the Humble  

20746 Comments. 1038 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo