Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20648 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2017, 07:55 Retired

Welp. We are closing on both houses on the same day. Fingers crossed, looks like everything is falling into place.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

44. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2017, 00:55 Retired

Down to no animals. House feels empty.

Brown lab lives in Wisc at a friend's property. A proper place for a choc lab/german short hair mix. My yellow lab died in Nov. My black lab is at my mom's house with our cat while we transition to the new house.

My yellow and black lab were very trainable. My choc was not. He was a wild child. My black lab hangs on every word I say, but she is also 11 and I have found that as they get older they get wiser - much like MOST humans.

I used a gently leader on walks. It only worked on 1 of 3 dogs. They other two would power through the pain (boys). We spent the majority of our days at free range dog parks though. The only way to get the energy out of a lab.

I am on the fence as to whether we will bring our dog and cat to our new residence. I am torn. They are both near end of life, and although I would love to spend the time with them, I am not sure I want to have anymore animals in my residence. I get to see them multiple times a week, and there is a lot of back story I am not sharing with where they are and who is caring for them, but I can say they are very well taken care of and those watching them are benefiting as well.

News Comments > Absolver Launches
1. Re: Absolver Launches Aug 30, 2017, 00:47 Retired

Kind of basic for a full price title? I dunno. Watched some Twitch streams - just don't get the pull. I would rather MK, SF, and VF rather than this. Even Pro Wrestling on the NES is probably more fun.  

43. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2017, 00:45 Retired

Dirk wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 11:39:
Study: I don't like Post-1970s Millennials

Except for the fact that I think GenX goes until 78?

(looks like some sources bring that all the way to 84)

I will say, someone born in early 80s vs someone born in late 80s - are very different. Not because of maturity, just a different set of person. Much like any generational group.

I have to train millennials - it is a challenge at times. I have been to a lot of training in regards to working with different generations, and find that I best get along with baby boomers, their work ethic, values, etc., even more so than I do my own generation.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2017, 00:58.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 28, 2017, 03:03 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 22:07:
Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 21:34:
Blue wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 16:49:
Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 15:50:
Why would you even need that in the US where you can buy booze virtually everywhere?

Are you really claiming not to understand the concept of delivery?

Do you not understand the concept of walking down to the corner store to by some booze? You can do that in most of the US. You can do that in most civilized countries. When you come from an uncivilized one like this one you become very aware of things like that because you find it utterly amazing this is the norm everywhere except in your country which is stuck in a timewarp in the 1800s.

And yet you don't rail against delivery pizza.

There are lots of reasons to get delivery. Maybe you're in a wheelchair or blind. Maybe the baby is sleeping and you can't go out. Maybe your SO took the car and won't be home until late tonight. Most US neighborhoods aren't walkable, BTW.

Delivering a unique item vs delivering a can of beer that is the same everywhere. Very different.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 27, 2017, 20:11 Retired

I havent ordered from them yet but the prices are the same as if I went to the store myself from the local shop they use. Wife and I drive a few miles to a different discount liqour store though. Not sure I need the service, but I thought the same about uber food and amazon food delivery and have used both with some positives and minuses.

The restaurants discount the items a few dollars per item so uber/amazon charge menu price and make their money that way. On top of a small delivery charge.

Friends of mine that own restaurants and sell to uber/amazon hate it, as the margin on food is so small as it is.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 27, 2017, 20:05 Retired

PUBG surpassed 8M last week. Probably almost 9M by now.  

News Comments > Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not?
9. Re: Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not? Aug 27, 2017, 20:04 Retired

Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 15:40:
Give me back my money you fuckers!

+1

News Comments > Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation
27. Re: Star Citizen Gamescom Presentation Aug 26, 2017, 22:04 Retired

This game is still a thing?  

News Comments > Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC
12. Re: Shadow Warrior (2013) Free; New Shadow Warrior 2 DLC Aug 23, 2017, 21:58 Retired

Cutter wrote on Aug 23, 2017, 00:00:
I'd buy that for a dollar!

And no, Ant, you didn't miss anything. Brink was awful. So very, very awful. It's still one of those day one purchases I'm steamed about years after the fact.

Same. Total scam.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 22, 2017, 13:17 Retired

Capella wrote on Aug 22, 2017, 11:55:
Traveled 3.5 hours to see totality and was totally amazed!

Seriously it was an incredible experience. It reminded me of the scene from the movie Contact when the signal was made public and the masses had gathered at the lab. There were people on roof tops, campers, tents, etc. Don't think I will do it again as that 3.5 hour trip there took us almost 9 to get home.

Was there a large group? Did people cheer? I find it odd people cheer.

Overcast here in MN. I was sleeping anyway.

Solar eclipse 2017: The pictures you have to see.

No. I don't need to see a fat white bitch naked. WTF is wrong with people.....this is exactly what I am talking about.

16. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 22, 2017, 06:43 Retired

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 11:26:
Creston wrote on Aug 21, 2017, 08:32:
Retired wrote on Aug 20, 2017, 21:38:
Dang! Is PUBG going to dethrone Skyrim?

According to some people, Skyrim was in the top 10 for 2.5 years straight, but only sold 3.5 million copies, so by their reckoning it has already long since passed it. (in sales numbers anyway.)

Only 3.5 million on Steam, you mean? I think every man, woman and child has Skyrim on some console or another or on PC/Mac(?)

I don't think Skyrim beat GTAV or anything, but their total sales have to dwarf PUBG.

PUBG just hit 8 Million.

I think GTA series games hit 20+ million per.

6. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 21, 2017, 15:23 Retired

I find it odd that the videos of the event people are cheering......feels so archaic.  

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 20, 2017, 21:38 Retired

Dang! Is PUBG going to dethrone Skyrim?  

13. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 18, 2017, 20:14 Retired

Looking for input, do you guys like the league with dropping your worst week? I historically like the setting incase someone misses a week it doesnt blast your score. There arent really any other settings to change.

A reminder to set your BN handle to your picks profile (is a seperate setting from your profile).

There are some really good people here as far as % of wins. I am throwing around the idea of some possible prizes for BN members.

14. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 17, 2017, 15:07 Retired

FOOOOOOOTTTTBAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWLLLL!

That time of year again, sorry for the delay.
It looks like you could join anyway, some people are already signed up.

Here is the link to the pick em league - pw same as last year bn

Here is the spread league - pw same as last year bn2

Enjoy!

24. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 23:51 Retired

The answer to everything is 1 streamer - one toxic fuck that ruins it for everyone. Ninja. A crying bitch that is the reason why gamers are looked at the way they are.

Every time he dies, he reports the person for cheating.

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Aug 13, 2017, 16:13 Retired

Peak players of PUBG now surpasses CS!  

News Comments > Sudden Strike 4 Released
2. Re: Sudden Strike 4 Released Aug 11, 2017, 18:15 Retired

I played the hell out of Sudden Strike on Sega Genesis. Looking forward to this.

Disregard. Not the same. Sad face.

Desert Strike, there we go. Oh man. After we move I am dusting off the Genesis.

This comment was edited on Aug 12, 2017, 02:15.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2017, 16:10 Retired

Closing date set on both houses, pending appraisals on each. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  

20648 Comments. 1033 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo