Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL, USA, IL 01/27
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20769 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 8, 2017, 16:10 Retired

Closing date set on both houses, pending appraisals on each. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up
12. Re: Borderlands 3 Video Catch-up Aug 6, 2017, 21:04 Retired

Love Borderlands games, have played through all of them several times. That being said, there are still side missions I can't complete because although I have 300+ hours in each game, I don't have the weapons to defeat the side bosses.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 6, 2017, 00:24 Retired

Mr. Tact wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:33:
RedEye9 wrote on Aug 5, 2017, 11:22:
We are one baseball practice and 4 memorials away from having a decent government.
Listen, I am near the front of the line to complain about the GOP and I realize you are not serious -- however, even "joking" like this is not useful or productive. The best case scenario is you are ignored. The worst case is damn ugly.

The mere insinuation of killing anyone is disgusting. I am embarrassed for you.

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players
14. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Boasts 20M Players Aug 5, 2017, 20:40 Retired

Must be counting the free weekend accounts.  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 4, 2017, 09:05 Retired

The Half Elf wrote on Aug 4, 2017, 02:22:
On the VR front......

Played a few rounds of 'Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes' with mrgrosser last night.... and we had a blast (at least I did but I blame the loss of 1 liter of blood plasma, 10oz of bourbon and mrgrosses lack of visualizing morse code for the final explosion). We would do a few bombs and then switch off, and even if ya had 1 vr headset, or a laptop even, I HIGHLY suggest this. And if you love Elite Dangerous.... holy shit does this game make VR shine.

Was hilarious - best quotes of the evening:
"If I had chest on my hair"
"Fuck you bomb"
"You are wrong"
"Why did I push the button"
"I think bourbon relaxes me more so I don't freak out"
"I don't understand morse code"

/and you guys are dumb.

25. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 3, 2017, 17:01 Retired

Hit And Run In Los Angeles

And no one did a damn thing other than get really close and hold their phone in the air. Could have easily taken the 3?-4? Damaged vehicles and boxed him in. Lucky no one got killed being run over. Hope no kids were in any of those cars.

(Its LA - surprised he wasn't shot by one of the car owners!)

10. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Aug 1, 2017, 16:48 Retired

Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 14:53:
LiTh wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 14:06:
Cutter wrote on Aug 1, 2017, 12:27:
Yeah, but the best thing about August is that NFL Football is back! First pre-season game this Thorsday! Woot!

Speaking of which, almost that time of year for another pick'em league no? Or did i miss the details in a previous post?

Bats usually handles that but he's busy with buying a new house.

Edit: Just looking at the site now so I'll see if I can set it up.

Edit2: Ok, firstly it appears there are no pre-season picks anyway. Second, if Bats set it up correctly the group should automagically restart for the 2017 season for September. So if you're reading this Bats can you please take a look when you get a sec.

Yea it carries over, I will enable the season this week. On top of everything else it is my work rotation and at work super early for National Night Out, er, now called Night To Unite.

Crazy busy. Still waiting for inspection response. Get this crap done.

12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 31, 2017, 14:43 Retired

We have accepted a deal and today is inspection day. Fingerscrossed , but I look forward to checking things off of the list they give me so we can move onto the next house and create all sorts of new punch lists.

Bomb

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans
1. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Ban Change Plans Jul 29, 2017, 11:17 Retired

Stream sniping - who cares. There are a ton of streamers that don't hide their map, their location, what server they are on, etc. and they win ALL THE TIME.

There are certain streamers that cry every time they die, it is a "whoa if he killed me he MUST be stream sniping". Gets old and there are very "popular" streamers I just won't watch.

I've killed streamers and have been killed by them. I go watch the replay just to see if I missed something or to see how it played out, like if I gave away my position or they were watching me the whole time, etc.

28. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 23:53 Retired

I don't think what the GOP was trying to do was a solution, and not really sure what they were trying to accomplish other than "haha we repealed it" - but all indications is that O'Care is going to get really bad. Something will have to be done. Maybe we should have people make decisions that actually are affected by it and pay their own way - you know, anyone BUT the lawmakers.  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 16:36 Retired

Steelcamp wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 14:07:
Retired wrote on Jul 28, 2017, 13:20:
This is remarkable progress on what just days ago had seemed like a stalled process, so I'm pretty excited. There's definitely a sense that the finish line is in site, which is quite a relief.

Good luck Blue. I just took the lockbox off of the house. Waiting for agent to show up to discuss our offers. 30 showings in 2.5 days. Very little sleep, slept in my vehicle at work (working nights), and living out of a box with a 3 year old......very happy to get this done.

WOW! 30 showings in 2 1/2 days!! good deal... Grats just on that.

Thanks. We agreed on terms. 5 day inspection period. Then close. Fingers crossed.

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 28, 2017, 13:20 Retired

This is remarkable progress on what just days ago had seemed like a stalled process, so I'm pretty excited. There's definitely a sense that the finish line is in site, which is quite a relief.

Good luck Blue. I just took the lockbox off of the house. Waiting for agent to show up to discuss our offers. 30 showings in 2.5 days. Very little sleep, slept in my vehicle at work (working nights), and living out of a box with a 3 year old......very happy to get this done.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2017, 16:32 Retired

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 11:49:
The more money I make.. the more freedom I have to pickup whatever hobby or activity I want (within normal reasoning of course).

The problem is, the job to make that money becomes more stressful.. so it's not the money it's the job.

I gave up a very successful and over paying corporate world job to do what I do now. I wasnt happy and I had anything I wanted, went anywhere, did everything, new everything, house, cars, boats, toys, etc. Worked avg 4-6 hours a day.

At no point did I think having MORE money would make it any better. Depends on the person I guess.....

I am happy to have enough to provide for my family and feel good about what I am a part of.

Anyway. Winning the lottery would still be a trip though! Hahahahha

News Comments > Morning Previews
2. Re: Morning Previews Jul 27, 2017, 10:26 Retired

Creston wrote on Jul 27, 2017, 10:14:
I'm playing through the New Order for the first time right now, and I'm a bit ambivalent about it.

Story-wise it's great, awesome even. They did a fantastic job with the world building, the cutscenes are great, characters are great, voice actors are awesome, I'm genuinely excited to see where the story goes, etc.

But the gameplay... It's just kinda... "eh" The weapons for all their flash and fury seem pretty badly underpowered (either that or the Nazis are all wearing the equivalent of Power Armor), the AI is shockingly bad (I walked through the prison part with just a knife, stabbing every guard that walked up to me. Nobody ever rang an alarm or even managed to get a hit in on me...), you start every single level with no weapons whatsoever (one of my main pet peeves, I mean, seriously, BJ couldn't even be bothered to keep ONE freaking gun from the last mission he went on??), movement feels extremely floaty/sliding on ice. And probably the biggest thing, you don't really get to play that much, as there is a LOT of "take control away from the player" stuff going on, and a lot of the gameplay is "hit forward and watch your character do some stuff" or "watch a three minute cutscene, move over here and burn through a chain link fence, then watch another cutscene for four minutes." So far, there's not been that much shooting for an FPS game.

I want to finish it to see where the story goes, but I seriously doubt I'd ever replay it.

Yea, I really like the game, but am having a hard time getting through it. I honestly just use the handgun and execute most people. The hardest part that I recall so far was the fight in that warehouse/prison? With the tank? I don't remember, was a while ago.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 27, 2017, 10:24 Retired

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 23:50:
Retired wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:10:
The comments are heartbreakimg after everything we put into the property.
It's just the way it works. People only see/look for problems. You could have done another $50k of upgrades and people would still find things to complain about. Don't take it too seriously and definitely don't take it personally.

True. Thanks for input guys. The initial chaos is over, I feel pretty good today. 3 showings today, agent has already contacted those who put in offers and asked for the highest/best offers by Friday noon. We are done showing after today. Hopefully get back to "normal".

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2017, 23:21 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:37:
Retired wrote on Jul 26, 2017, 22:10:
Crazy day. 22 showings in just over 24 hours, several offers submitted. More showings tomorrow and then taking it off the market for showings. So stressful. I have never been on this side before. The comments are heartbreakimg after everything we put into the property.

Don't take it personally. It's just a negotiating tactic.

Yea 100 year old house. You get what you get!

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2017, 22:10 Retired

Crazy day. 22 showings in just over 24 hours, several offers submitted. More showings tomorrow and then taking it off the market for showings. So stressful. I have never been on this side before. The comments are heartbreakimg after everything we put into the property.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2017, 12:36 Retired

Good luck to you as well Blue......I have a few spots to touch up, otherwise we damn near painted everything inside.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2017, 13:35 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 13:27:
El Pit wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 12:30:
Retired wrote on Jul 25, 2017, 10:39:
Today is the day boys and girls! Wish me luck. Hope it goes fast, trying to sideline my expectations.

Good luck, Bats! Not sure what is going on but I wish you luck!

This comment invites mischief like nothing else...

Our house went up for sale today. On top of that, we agreed on terms last night on the house we are buying. Phone is going nuts for showings of our house. Hope to be sold today.

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 25, 2017, 10:39 Retired

Today is the day boys and girls! Wish me luck. Hope it goes fast, trying to sideline my expectations.  

20769 Comments. 1039 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo