Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20877 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 12:17 Retired

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 11:38:
Grinding is fine and all. I actually enjoy unlocking stuff as I go.

But, if what people are saying here is true, and it's 40 hours per hero. In nearly all games you should unlock everything of any significance within 40 hours, not one thing. I get that some unlocks are skill based, and some are for prestiging or whatever, and those will take a while, but every weapon and every character within 40 hours seems reasonable.

One character within 40 hours seems like insanity.

No. It should take more than 40 to "unlock everything". Don't like it, don't buy it, don't play it.

(not defending EA, defending the grind of games in general)

"I want everything NOW!" Screams what is wrong with our society.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII
5. Re: Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII Nov 9, 2017, 11:10 Retired

as it was regarded positively by fans and critics alike.

Not true.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Nov 6, 2017, 14:26 Retired

PUBG patch now live on the test server. Does not include promised vaulting and climbing features. Thanks MP1ST.

Fail. After being a huge supporter and early purchase with HUNDREDS of hours in the game. I am done. They need a lot of work on the game. I don't anticipate them doing squat - 2.4M people are playing it.

News Comments > On PUBG Cheating
15. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 6, 2017, 14:17 Retired

Xero wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:10:
This will always be the number one complaint of many gamers that prefer console gaming over PC. They always point to the rampant cheaters online vs console online gaming.

While it does suck, I probably don't play enough online gaming to care. Other than CSGO which does have it's fair share, it's usually easy to point out which are obvious cheaters vs fair skill.

Over the counter plug and play mods have made cheating on console just as bad.....

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Assaults U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Assaults U.K. Sales Charts Nov 6, 2017, 14:07 Retired

Cool, can't assault anything else. Servers have been down for hours. I think their uptime is at about 75%.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2017, 15:11 Retired

Pleasant NYC Driver.

Wow then she almost gets hit 3x running a red light. Snowflakes are amazing!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2017, 15:07 Retired

Blahman wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 13:03:
I wonder if CoD WWII would have beat out PUBG if the different editions were combined. Probably not.

Opening day the max player count was only 35,000 when PUBG had a player count of 1.2M.

Today, only 56,000 and it is the weekend....while PUBG is 2.4M!

9. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 15:04 Retired

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 14:12:
Simplest fix for any FPS is allow player run servers. Good servers will always have moderators that nuke cheaters on sight. Best times I ever had playing CS were on heavily moderated servers. Anyone cheating, being a dick/racist/bigot etc. all gone in an instant. And on the really good ones a lot of times they'd have private servers that were invite only. After spending some time on the pub and them seeing you were solid you'd get an invite. So much nicer to play in that environment where everything is fair and everyone is cool.

QFT

Some of the best online friendships/relationships I have are from DoD and DoD Source servers. Great communities.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 5, 2017, 11:37 Retired

I worked security overnight at an ATT store, not really sure why, they only have 16 phones and no one, I mean NO ONE was in line at the store. It was about 20 minutes of being open before someone came in.

Down the hall at Apple there were about 150 people in line. I guess a few showed up at about 3 am (8am store open). Everyone that wanted a phone got one.

1. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 11:34 Retired

ie: We have done pretty much nothing, but don't have the resources to do much.

Main problem with the Unreal engine is how long it has been out and the cheats are rampant across all Unreal games.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Released
13. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Released Nov 3, 2017, 20:11 Retired

It is actually pretty good. It feels really good. The movement is good, the roots of the original are there. Everyone in the round isn't going to get score streaks. Kills are only worth 50 pts. So far today the takeover of a map by 1-2 people with kills/score streaks is little to non.

The game feels a lot like DOD and early on CoD. They did a really good job. I am very surprised. It isn't completely optimized and it is actually missing a lot of content (kind of sad, there are many stations in the game at HQ that say "coming soon")

I brought zero expectations to the table. Am very pleased.

Very limited Hardcore modes vs vanilla. So stupid.

I'll eat my hat on this one.

There is a HUGE grind in the game if you care about unlocks and all that garb.

Needs a lot of tweaks on weapons, this is what happens when you have super limited beta for an incomplete game.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Nov 3, 2017, 20:08 Retired

All of the current trend is just the new way to rip off consumers. No different than charging for content that used to be free under "updates" and community mods.  

News Comments > Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials
4. Re: Activision Blizzard Q3 Financials Nov 3, 2017, 00:14 Retired

Fannie Mae just reported making 3 Billion in Q3 this year....  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2017, 14:39 Retired

Steam Link arrived from the crazy $1.00 deal - didn't think that would go through, but it is here and eager to try it out. I will currently try it over wireless, as the contractor hasn't been here yet to wire the whole house up.

/Edit: Hmmm, super easy setup, but some weirdness I need to work on. So it actually does STREAM 1 to 1 from your gaming rig to your LINK to your TV.

Few things:
-I have headphones plugged into my machine, so I have no sound on the TV from Link. I went to the gaming machine and sound is coming through headphones

-There are 2 resolutions. Your native on your gaming machine and a target resolution on your TV. Mine are vastly different, will need to play around with this to find optimal. It runs in window borderless through the link. (edit2: Found a "match resolution" on gaming computer in Steam settings - off to tinker)

-I used a PS3 USB. Had to keep it plugged in. I will mess around with this more - would hate to have to buy more hardware to be wireless controller. I will try a PS4 controller as well. (In the move I lost/misplaced my xbox 360 wireless dongle)

That was 10 minutes of messing around. Even through wireless it is reactive, haven't played anything as I need to tinker with resolution. Be dumb if I had to bring resolution on my gaming rig down to 1080. Also not to keen on the sound as my machine sits in a 2nd living room.

For $1.00 it seems cool, glad I didn't pay full price. I am sure I have a ton to learn on how this all works. I did no research, haven't looked up anything, this thing is truly plug and play.

//edit after playing with it. The sound works after a reset and ps3 controller now works wirelessly. Played a couple games, some lag with spikes. Impressive little piece of hardware. Needs to be wired for anything enjoyable. Played Road to Redemption and crashed a lot with stream lag. After about 40 mins of play whole unit became unresponsive. Ill wait until I can get wired.

This comment was edited on Oct 31, 2017, 16:14.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 31, 2017, 14:38 Retired

Blue wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 13:08:
Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 31, 2017, 12:09:
Blue, are you going to get moved before the end of the year? Seems like the process has been taking a bit longer than you'd have thought...

At this point I'd say we won't, we seem to be perpetually a couple of weeks away from putting the house on the market. I've grown to realize that MrsBlue is actually being an obstruction at this point because of her misgivings about this all. So I've decided that the only way to keep this from making me crazy is to do my best to facilitate, but to go with the flow and not let it make me crazy. It'll all work out in the end.

Good luck. Ours was frantic and quick. Sucked, don't think I will subject myself to moving ever again. We are still digging out. Garage is fairly full and storage unit is still about 1/3 full.....

28. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 31, 2017, 01:21 Retired

Kxmode wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 13:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 30, 2017, 13:36:
Retired wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 18:32:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 12:19:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
the end is nigh for this flash in the pan game /s

I wonder if you combined all the Ass Creed versions, if PUBG would still be #1. Probably would.

Has yet to be released on consoles.....insane.

Has yet to even be released in its final form. We all know the "successful" track record for early access games.

The game is pretty much done. Just fine tuning and setting up monetization.

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer
3. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 31, 2017, 01:13 Retired

I cant find an actual list of play modes and types. The last 4 have been all vanilla and no HC at release. Why are they so tight lipped on this game? Only info I can find is about War mode.....lot of money to shell out for vanilla TDM  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Oct 30, 2017, 23:05 Retired

They listen in even when you arent on their service.  

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Carentan Trailer Oct 30, 2017, 23:01 Retired

Dividing the community on day 1.  

9. Re: Steam Top 10 Oct 29, 2017, 18:32 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 14:03:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 29, 2017, 12:19:
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS
the end is nigh for this flash in the pan game /s

I wonder if you combined all the Ass Creed versions, if PUBG would still be #1. Probably would.

Has yet to be released on consoles.....insane.

20877 Comments. 1044 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo