Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20742 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Fortnite Battle Royale Mode
3. Re: Fortnite Battle Royale Mode Sep 14, 2017, 00:48 Retired

After playing first person mode in PUBG, I have zero interest playing 3rd person ANYTHING.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PUBG Status Update
4. Re: PUBG Status Update Sep 13, 2017, 08:34 Retired

Primalchrome wrote on Sep 12, 2017, 13:11:
Sad to see vaulting not being released...but I can respect the reasoning. The whole jumping through windows thing should just be built into jumping/vaulting AND BREAK THE DAMN GLASS. Making it a pain in the ass doesn't really add anything 1337 to the game...it's just as pain in the ass OP mechanic like skiing was in Starsiege : Tribes.

Still...it's nice to see steady progress in an early access title.

You can actually set your key bindings to do the crouch jump for you, so when you hit your jump key it is built in everytime. Doesn't even need a script. Just double up your keybinds.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2017, 09:33.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs
11. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Passes 1M CCUs Sep 10, 2017, 08:10 Retired

Still loving the game at almost 400 hours, probably another 200 in BETA, maybe another 100 ALPHA.

Getting harder to win but having a blast anyway.

BRING ON THE NEW MAP!

/My top solo rank was 586

This comment was edited on Sep 10, 2017, 08:27.

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
20. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 10, 2017, 08:07 Retired

Dev wrote on Sep 10, 2017, 00:11:
Retired wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 22:29:
Coincidence? Card was used across town at a gas station, still have card and I am realy good at checking for skimming machines. An employee somewhere must have done it. Or thanks equifax.

The ones outside? Because nowadays the sophisticated crooks are going for inserts that you can't detect that slide into the slot on inside.

I am aware of how it works, take several reports a week and we wrrest several people/groups a month in the act with equipment. I am narrowing it down and assume it is waiter/waitress involved.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
19. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 23:31 Retired

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 23:20:
Holy ocean bottoms, Batman!

I actually have a hard time believing that is real.... could it be fake?

AMazing. Would be awesome to explore the vast area. Apparently comes back slowly.

17. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 9, 2017, 22:36 Retired

Sending good vibes to everyone in the path of this monster. Please keep those in your thoughts that chose to stay behind, fire, ems, police, doctors, nurses, and anyone else there to help. Know a lot of people that are staying to help, very worried about them.

Congrats blue! We have a full 20x10 storage, one of MrGrosser's garage stalls, and my garage still has a lot. The sellers have agreed to give us access to the garage Monday, and it is a huge garage, double deep double wide. Can move everything else that isnt in storage and be moved before the move at the end of the week!

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
14. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 22:29 Retired

Coincidence? Card was used across town at a gas station, still have card and I am realy good at checking for skimming machines. An employee somewhere must have done it. Or thanks equifax.  

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
3. Re: Evening Safety Dance Sep 9, 2017, 06:48 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Sep 9, 2017, 03:27:
RedEye9 wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 22:36:
This is just what you want to see
Based on the information provided, we believe that your personal information may have been impacted by this incident.

Click the button below to continue your enrollment in TrustedID Premier.
No thanks, why should I trust you now.

Yeah, I got the same fucking thing.

Same.

We are good to go since we just bought a house. I am just going to lock my credit.

News Comments > PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go
14. Re: PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go Sep 8, 2017, 10:17 Retired

Numinar wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 09:55:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2017, 08:56:
The general level of FPS skill in people seems to be way down. Games like this are popular, but that new Quake will have a fraction of the player base, even being F2P, and Lawbreakers is a ghost town.

Moving around at high speed vertically seems to be too much for the public in general. Same fate can be applied to Titanfall 2.

Some of us just got sick of being a disembodied collection of a dozen guns spinning around in a fraction of a second and bunny-hopping about the level at 50km/h. I don't begrudge people who still love that, Quake is one of my favorite games, and new DOOM/Titanfall 2 are amazing, but I really enjoy the variety of other games on offer. It's not the late 90's clone-fest that almost murdered the genre anymore.

Agreed. I like the tactical part of this. Getting old and although I do very well in games like CS and similar, I dont have the twitch reaction I once had. Even in CS I find myself getting a lot of kills using tactics over face to face fighting.

I dont get a ton of kills in PUBG but win at a steady rate. I use the closing circles and terrain to make a tactical approach to the end. If I think "no way someone would be there" that is where I like to be. There is a pretty satisfying feeling of a win in PUBG. More than any other game I have played.

It is oddly similar to the feeling of beating an NES game.

News Comments > PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go
13. Re: PUBG: 10 Million Down, 90 Million to Go Sep 8, 2017, 10:14 Retired

Really excited about the new map, no bridge choke points. Lots of urban multi level buildings. Game is a riot.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Free Weekend
17. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Free Weekend Sep 8, 2017, 10:09 Retired

Pretty genius on their part, you just get a taste in that amount of time! Cant do squat with that little time.  

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Free Weekend
16. Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Free Weekend Sep 8, 2017, 10:08 Retired

I play both but prefer the original with all the mods. It is true that it looks very nice but the mods/workshop it trash.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2017, 11:32 Retired

Darks wrote on Sep 7, 2017, 10:25:
Calling it now, Chiefs end up hurting Brady like they did before.

Not funny. He is my starting QB in ff.

11. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 7, 2017, 08:42 Retired

Make sure you get in the NFL Blues News pick bowl here and here

13. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 4, 2017, 07:55 Retired

Welp. We are closing on both houses on the same day. Fingers crossed, looks like everything is falling into place.  

44. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2017, 00:55 Retired

Down to no animals. House feels empty.

Brown lab lives in Wisc at a friend's property. A proper place for a choc lab/german short hair mix. My yellow lab died in Nov. My black lab is at my mom's house with our cat while we transition to the new house.

My yellow and black lab were very trainable. My choc was not. He was a wild child. My black lab hangs on every word I say, but she is also 11 and I have found that as they get older they get wiser - much like MOST humans.

I used a gently leader on walks. It only worked on 1 of 3 dogs. They other two would power through the pain (boys). We spent the majority of our days at free range dog parks though. The only way to get the energy out of a lab.

I am on the fence as to whether we will bring our dog and cat to our new residence. I am torn. They are both near end of life, and although I would love to spend the time with them, I am not sure I want to have anymore animals in my residence. I get to see them multiple times a week, and there is a lot of back story I am not sharing with where they are and who is caring for them, but I can say they are very well taken care of and those watching them are benefiting as well.

News Comments > Absolver Launches
1. Re: Absolver Launches Aug 30, 2017, 00:47 Retired

Kind of basic for a full price title? I dunno. Watched some Twitch streams - just don't get the pull. I would rather MK, SF, and VF rather than this. Even Pro Wrestling on the NES is probably more fun.  

43. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 30, 2017, 00:45 Retired

Dirk wrote on Aug 29, 2017, 11:39:
Study: I don't like Post-1970s Millennials

Except for the fact that I think GenX goes until 78?

(looks like some sources bring that all the way to 84)

I will say, someone born in early 80s vs someone born in late 80s - are very different. Not because of maturity, just a different set of person. Much like any generational group.

I have to train millennials - it is a challenge at times. I have been to a lot of training in regards to working with different generations, and find that I best get along with baby boomers, their work ethic, values, etc., even more so than I do my own generation.

This comment was edited on Aug 30, 2017, 00:58.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 28, 2017, 03:03 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 22:07:
Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 21:34:
Blue wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 16:49:
Cutter wrote on Aug 27, 2017, 15:50:
Why would you even need that in the US where you can buy booze virtually everywhere?

Are you really claiming not to understand the concept of delivery?

Do you not understand the concept of walking down to the corner store to by some booze? You can do that in most of the US. You can do that in most civilized countries. When you come from an uncivilized one like this one you become very aware of things like that because you find it utterly amazing this is the norm everywhere except in your country which is stuck in a timewarp in the 1800s.

And yet you don't rail against delivery pizza.

There are lots of reasons to get delivery. Maybe you're in a wheelchair or blind. Maybe the baby is sleeping and you can't go out. Maybe your SO took the car and won't be home until late tonight. Most US neighborhoods aren't walkable, BTW.

Delivering a unique item vs delivering a can of beer that is the same everywhere. Very different.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Aug 27, 2017, 20:11 Retired

I havent ordered from them yet but the prices are the same as if I went to the store myself from the local shop they use. Wife and I drive a few miles to a different discount liqour store though. Not sure I need the service, but I thought the same about uber food and amazon food delivery and have used both with some positives and minuses.

The restaurants discount the items a few dollars per item so uber/amazon charge menu price and make their money that way. On top of a small delivery charge.

Friends of mine that own restaurants and sell to uber/amazon hate it, as the margin on food is so small as it is.

20742 Comments. 1038 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo