Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20589 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2017, 20:40 Retired

Welp, sounds like our conversation worked. The old man is putting more money to closing to repair everything I talked to him about. We passed our city inspection today with no repairs and we are rocking and rollin! Probably be out of here in a couple weeks.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 24, 2017, 14:56 Retired

Wesp5 wrote on Jul 24, 2017, 09:37:
I would really like to see some numbers instead of a ranking. Because whenever Valve posts this, CS:GO is in the top ten and I can't really imagine that a 5 year old game still sells tenthousands of copies...

Whenever there is annupdate or a round of bans, game goes Top 10.

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 17:46 Retired

Golf shot of the Year.

Holy F! That is more incredible than my hole in 1.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 17:37 Retired

Mr. Tact wrote on Jul 22, 2017, 12:13:
All I can say is you have more money and guts than I do.

First, I couldn't afford a $500k home, even if it was brand new and needed absolutely no work done. Second, even if I could afford that much, I'm not sure I could trust myself or anyone I know to properly evaluate the value of a home needing so much work. Yeah, I could hire an inspector to give me his opinion, but if he's wrong -- I'd be the one holding the bag...

We are going to build out the lower level for my mother in law. She has a condo and assoc dues went from 500 to 800, so it will actually be a 3 income household which helps. To put it into perspective, our mortgage is only going up 600 a month - so it makes sense.

The market here is ridiculous. Like I said before, never thought I would get my money back as I bought this house the month before "the crash" and lost my ass. Somehow, someway, I am going to make a nice amount of profit, so that along with mother in law putting money in, makes the house affordable. Without those 2 things, we wouldn't be buying it.

So, that being said, we are killing ourselves trying to get ours ready as I stopped all projects years ago because I was losing every dollar I put in. Well, now those are being completed to make money.

There are a ton of moving parts, but in the end our house will sell this week with several offers. The other house? We are on the fence and about to walk away. I hope the conversation I had with him today as a human, rather than an adversarial party, helped. I have an apartment lined up already and MrGrosser has been gracious enough to offer his extra living space if need be.

Hope it works out for ya, bats!

Thanks. I would say there is a room if ya need one, but Half Elf has already claimed it, claiming he would "nanny" for us.....I think him and I would just get into trouble....

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 11:34 Retired

It all makes sense now. He is an older guy, has money, has no idea how much things cost to fix. Showed him a water stain on the ceiling in a closet, and he said, "What is that to fix? $100?" My response; "Maybe for the first hour". He feels I am nit picking on things.

We pointed out about 20 spots on the deck that needed attention, he had no idea. He just doesn't know. He has lived a life of paying someone to do stuff for him. Pulled up in a $55,000 vehicle, wearing trendy old dude clothes. I get it....

He lightened up at the end. I basically told him if he feels the items are to much to do, or that I am picking on him, that I would be willing to do them myself when we buy it, but he has to give something up. We will see.

The house is a great deal anyway you look at it.

24. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 22, 2017, 09:16 Retired

The market where we are buying is very expensive. About 150k over what this house is. There are several reasons why, but none of them have anything to do with the house being a "money pit". It is about location, surrounding houses (all except for 1 is over a million dollars - they are also building 6 more at over 1.5 about a block away on previous unused city land), community, and schools.

Appreciate the input, but one of the main reasons it isn't selling is because this is a "tear down" area and this house isn't really a tear down. Lots alone go for 350-500k. They are tearing down houses listed at 600k! I have had multiple contractors and inspectors in the house. Not worried about it. Dude is just playing hardball. I don't even care about the deck, but my realtor does for some reason. I am just trying to get him to move on the price or what he gives up. The basement where the water is coming down is an unfinished part of the basement in the wash room where you can see the bottom of the piping/subfloor. Not worried about it. They are just old and stubborn.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 21, 2017, 20:36 Retired

In a very weird turn of events, the seller of the house we want is being a continued prick. The refuse to do anything as part of the sale that will cost them money. But, they want to meet at the house as they say nothing is wrong with the deck because "we painted it 2 years ago" even though the inspection showed several places where the posts, stringers, boards, and treads are rotted. Even provided pictures as part of the inspection They deny it. Unreal.

Then the sewer line was mostly blocked by roots, so my sewer guy couldn't properly scope the line. We requested they grind it out and rescope. Well, they did the grinding and didn't scope it. wtf. I had to pay a 2nd time for it to be scoped.

Then, when the dude was there to scope it he used a bathroom, flushed the toilet, and the water just gushed into the basement. They denied it, but they already had scheduled a plumber to come to the house and do the work.

There is also staining on the ceiling in the basement under the other toilet that is upstairs yet they say there is nothing wrong with it - even though it does not fill up (or it is so slow that it takes days to fill as the inspection flushed it only 1 time, then I used it, and it didn't flush/fill).

They also said they did a Radon test. But, they signed 2 addendum saying they DID NOT get a Radon test, and confused it with CO2 alarm/detector. When called to the BS on that, they said they did THEIR OWN test years ago but won't provide the results. Regardless I did one on my own.

So. We signed an extension of 24 hours on the inspection period so we can all meet at the house tomorrow at 0800 to go over these things and show them that yes, there are in fact problems and they need to be addressed.

My agent spoke to their agent and said that we were considering cancelling the purchase agreement as they weren't trying to come to an agreement on items. We asked that they pay our closing costs instead of spending money to make repairs - and the ol bastard said no. Just hard line. In 1.5 years, the house has had NO OFFERS but ours. Just seems odd.

Be an interesting morning.

Meanwhile we have painted our asses off and continue to finish up small things here and there around the house. I think 6 trips to Home Depot in 2 days.

Although, I don't know if anyone here has bought those SNAP power outlets that have LED lights under them - seen here. Well, the great news is that Home Depot (and I assume others) now have them for $9.89. I have about 10 of the SNAP in my house, and added a couple more today to make it look cool for the sale. (and imma pull everyone of those damn things)

News Comments > Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta Plans
3. Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands Ghost War Open Beta Plans Jul 21, 2017, 20:24 Retired

I cannot confirm nor deny if I am in the BETA, not can I thank or not thank Half Elf for getting or not getting me into the BETA.

4 v 4 seems weird. Looking forward to possibly or not possibly trying it out.

The matchmaking will be interesting. Not always easy to get 4 people together.

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2017, 19:01 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 15:44:
Retired wrote on Jul 20, 2017, 15:30:
Plumber and sander finishing up today. Painting for 3 days. Moulding and other small stuff finishing up tomorrow and this weekend. (set pocket door and finishers on it, secure vanity, scrape and paint, etc.) Cleaners Monday.

Had a professional company out for more than I wanted to pay to clean our natural stone floor. It was worth the money. 11 years, 3 dogs, a cat, and a kid.......floors look amazing.

LETS DO THIS!

How goes it Blue?

How's the negotiation on the new place going? Guy still being a stick in the mud?

eh, he is a prick. Had some stuff come up after scoping the sewer and some other issues. They are just trying to get out without spending cash - I get it - but now the price will have to come down or they need to pay closing costs. We will get there.

/I called our agent today, asked why we don't have a sign yet or why people aren't calling. She said they are, but waiting until next week.

//After having a super shitty mud/tape guy on my bathroom, the guy that did the rest of the house is an artist. Amazing. Money well spent. Holy cow, and a great guy to boot. Kind of odd, but became friends pretty quickly. Met him in line at the bank.

This comment was edited on Jul 20, 2017, 21:07.

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2017, 15:30 Retired

Plumber and sander finishing up today. Painting for 3 days. Moulding and other small stuff finishing up tomorrow and this weekend. (set pocket door and finishers on it, secure vanity, scrape and paint, etc.) Cleaners Monday.

Had a professional company out for more than I wanted to pay to clean our natural stone floor. It was worth the money. 11 years, 3 dogs, a cat, and a kid.......floors look amazing.

LETS DO THIS!

How goes it Blue?

27. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2017, 14:39 Retired

Mud and tape guy needed an extra day. Was super rainy here and super hot. Mud didn't dry. We are doing all painting Fri/Sat/Sun. Moulding finishing up Fri. Scrape and paint eves, maybe replace a few of the boards. Did some landscaping in back yard, trimmed trees. Tons of small shit inside. Other small things throughout.

5 years of projects completed in 2 weeks. I know some great people willing to help out and some things just kind of fell into place, we have been very fortunate.

WE ARE READY!

Bring on the bidding wars!

Going back and forth with the house we want. Old timer owns it and is being a stickler.....

15. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 18, 2017, 00:14 Retired

Quinn wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 18:19:
PUBG's succes is inexplicable to me, really. Played it with a friend yesterday. Ended 3rd and 4th and had some good moment getting there. In the end we just got riddled with bullets from fuck knows where, adding a whole new depressing memory to the term "anti-climactic". My friend snorted as he saw that we both only got about 300 points. Another 2000 to go for what, another blue shirt?

The game just isn't that good by any standards I've learned to judge games on. Yes, all. Bad UI, unimpressive graphics, forgettable gameplay, and an utter sense of "wtf am I doing this for again?" after every match.

First big 30 euros waste in 2017.

Then you played 10 more rounds.

14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 18, 2017, 00:13 Retired

MacLeod wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 12:59:
Ozmodan wrote on Jul 17, 2017, 07:39:
I still don't see why people are so enamored with playerunknowns battlegrounds. Just another copycat from a multitude of other similar survival games. When all your opposition has to do is turn off some graphics details to see anyone hiding in the tall grass, you know it is another POS!

Except that you can't do that because the grass remains constant at any graphics settings (and has for a while now). Which you would know if you actually played the game, instead of whinging about an issue that doesn't exist.

Grass doesnt render over 600 meters. People think they are hidden and they look like they are laying in the open.

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 16, 2017, 23:33 Retired

Toilet Shopping.

Bought a shitter this week. Such an odd experience. I mean, the stores have them up high, so you can't even sit on them to see if you like the height, etc.......you don't get to demo them, and you can't do anything but use guess work on how it will function unless you buy the same one a friend has that you enjoy using - which in and of itself is kinda weird.

Bought the cheapest one. It doesn't leak and works ok. Won't be mine much longer anyway. I do like that it has a low profile and is low to the ground.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: etc. Jul 16, 2017, 22:57 Retired

I have t he game, it is amazing. Everything the original had to offer and more. If you were even remotely a fan of the NES and that era, this is a must have. Tons of tongue in cheek jokes. (kind of bias, I am in the game)  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 11, 2017, 07:40 Retired

Hoop wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 15:43:
Thanks but truthfully forgot I had a mortgage until I could see the end in sight. Then just went all out for 18 months throwing everything I could muster at it.

Congrats, I am sure it feels great!

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 10, 2017, 13:17 Retired

I use a "2" on the eyebrows.

Well, spent a ton of time clearing out this place this weekend. Patching, taping, and mud this week. Picked up an 8 foot cabinet for a void I had in the bathroom and also a granite vanity top for a dual under mount. Hopefully go up for sale within a week while we clean and tinker with smaller items.

7. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 10, 2017, 11:04 Retired

Numinar wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 03:04:
Retired wrote on Jul 10, 2017, 02:38:
They are releasing 2 more maps.

More than enough fun.

Not sure if that's what it needs, though those with 10 days playtime might. I still have fun landing on the same few buildings/complexes that I've learned how to loot and shoot in. Most shooters get away with a few good maps.

The one thing that is not fun is the combat in buildings that require more abuse of the 3rd person camera than anything else. Cannot wait for forced first person view.

Also some people are really good or use aimbots as half my deaths are headshots, I can barely line up a decent center mass shot (I might have less than half a dozen headhshots ever). Maybe CSGO people are making the jump and the skillz/cheating translate? I still love the game but I have to compensate for my uselessness by being extra sneaky and picky with engagements like when I was on a 28.8 as a teenager.

I have hundreds of kills and only 15 headshots in solo. I can't get them either. I am ranked in the top 500 NA solo, but I am very technical. My highest kills was 8 on a win, but I avg 4-6 per win, usually take out last few people. I don't know how people just run out in the open spin on a dime and head shot people all day long. I am a sitting duck. I still think there are some audio issues as when I get shot the directional seems to be off still.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 10, 2017, 02:38 Retired

They are releasing 2 more maps.

More than enough fun.

News Comments > PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended
15. Re: PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Extended Jul 8, 2017, 22:22 Retired

The performance improvement update (2 patches ago) made this game feel retail ready. It is pretty amazing. It is by far the most polished and complete EA game I have seen.

I would have paid double for this game. I already have just shy of 300 hours in the game, and probably another 100 or so in the BETA.

It is a really difficult and fun game. I haven't had my heart race in a game like this probably since I played league/competitive DOD Source and league/competitive BF2.

2 more maps coming out and a bunch of other stuff. I wasn't really into the battle royal stuff, I joined H1 King of the Kill late and although had some fun it just felt like a shit game. This has the polish and smoothness of BF or CoD.

They added destruction of small shacks, it is pretty damn cool to throw a nade in one and watch all of the walls blow out, you can also just drive over them with people inside. ahhahaha

They are adding some cool things in the next couple patches, would be cool to see destructible houses.
SOLOs are maddening. Duos are fun as you get "downed" and your buddy can get you up before you bleed out. Squads (4 player teams) is just madness and a riot.

Now when I compare this to Escape From Tarkov - that game is almost unplayable. So chunky and choppy. But that is still Alpha I believe.

20589 Comments. 1030 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo