Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20747 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
18. Re: Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 23, 2017, 18:47 Retired

Kxmode wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 17:07:
El Pit wrote on Nov 23, 2017, 11:21:
I don't understand those awards. Are they memes turned awards? Damned millennials, get off my Steam!

I think it's more like everyone knows awards are meaningless so let's have fun with the categories.

Or a "we dont' want to do this, so let them do it" deal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return
12. Re: Steam Autumn Sale and Steam Awards Return Nov 23, 2017, 09:41 Retired

Didn't put much thought into it....

The “The World Is Grim Enough Let's Just All Get Along” Award
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

The “Choices Matter” Award
Fallout 4

The “Haunts My Dreams” Award
Sanitarium

The “Mom’s Spaghetti” Award
PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

The “No Apologies” Award
Day of Defeat: Source

The “Cry Havoc And Let Slip The Dogs Of War” Award
Middle-earth™: Shadow of War™

The “Suspension of Disbelief” Award
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

The “Soul Of Vitruvius” Award
Battlefield: Bad Company™ 2 (Crysis 3 isn't in Steam)

The “Defies Description” Award
The Binding of Isaac

The “Labor of Love” Award
Team Fortress 2

The “Whoooaaaaaaa, Dude! 2.0” Award
Grand Theft Auto V

The “Even Better Than I Expected” Award
The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt

The “I can't stop playing you” Award
Half-Life 2

News Comments > Loot Boxes Under Fire
1. Re: Loot Boxes Under Fire Nov 22, 2017, 11:32 Retired

CoD just updated this week with ways to buy coins to purchase loot boxes. Sad. I don't see it as gambling, I see it as "buyer beware".

/remembers when we could make our own player skins....

GET OFF MY LAWN!
(seriously, I moved to the burbs, it is a nice lawn, please stay off of it)

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
14. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 21, 2017, 02:39 Retired

NKD wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 22:15:
I saw a comment on reddit (from some Trump supporter I think) that described the moral problem with the political parties something like this:

The Republicans have a Moral Hypocrisy problem, where they preach "family values", but do nothing to uphold them and will in fact overlook any misdeed if it means someone with an (R) next to their name gets in office.

The Democrats have a Moral Hypochondria problem, where they see horrific unforgiveable sins around every corner, and will not hesitate to throw one of their own to the wolves over some relatively trivial shit. All this so they can overcompensate and make a huge point of not tolerating the shit that the Republicans do, instead of just being reasonable.

This seems pretty spot-on to me. And I think it gets worse all the time. The left gets more eager to throw people under the bus when the right gets more eager to give people a free pass. It's like the worse the Republicans get, the worse the Democrats get to compensate.

Morally, the Democrat position is more defensible, but it's the politically losing position and isn't sustainable. The Democrats have to shun anyone who misbehaves, no matter how it hurts them politically, or else their base will riot. But the Republicans don't have to do the same.

It is a bigger issue that a lot of them believe they aren't doing anything wrong. Period. This is just the tip of the iceberg. There are many many many of them that are corrupt as all get out - and when more comes out - people will be appalled. Those of us that don't bury our heads in the sand will say "I told you".

How is it these law makers with no real income can live in mansions? And 5-6 properties at that?

They are way out of touch with reality and "real life" which is why most of the laws seem so F-d up to the normal human being. (well that and they are all written by special interest groups and lobbyists with fat bags of money as payment to the lawmaker)

Anyway....I digress.....time for term limits and time to clean house on both sides of the table. maybe *GASP* get rid of the 2 party system!

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Metaverse Nov 20, 2017, 21:34 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 18:26:
Slick wrote on Nov 20, 2017, 15:17:
The Franken news is saddening. But what's honestly worse is that the left seems incapable of forgiving. Franken has done truly great work in his 12 years in the Senate. People fuck up. They should be shamed for a bit, but if they're sincere and it's obvious that they're not a bad person, I don't think forgiveness should be that hard to come by.

I mean the first incident (only one that seems legit at the moment), he was on a USO tour taking a dumb picture trying to get a rise out of some soldiers. We all know people in uniform (men and women) can have a crass sense of humour, they're living in extreme conditions, it's not the most PC place in the world. He was trying to play to his audience and misjudged. The picture shows him mockingly groping, not actually groping. People who actually grope don't usually pose for pictures during the act...

It's true that on the scale of things, what he did doesn't approach DJT, CT, or Roy Moore. If Diaper Dave Vitter didn't resign over his scandal, it's hard to make the case for Franken to resign.

Seems that the level of wrongdoing is drawn by what party one is in. Sad all around.

Anyone on any level that is found to have done anything should be immediately terminated/fired/step down/resign.

Not sure what local politics are other places, but MN is taking a beating at the state House and Senate level with reports of wrong doing.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
1. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 16, 2017, 07:29 Retired

Amazon’s latest Whole Foods price cuts include deeper discounts for Prime members.

Still over priced.

News Comments > "One-Trick" Overwatch Player Bans?
15. Re: Nov 14, 2017, 12:43 Retired

all the lawlz  

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 14, 2017, 12:41 Retired

Census data should be replaced with mobile phone data, argues Office of National Statistics. Non-mobile phone users not people anyway. Thanks Ant.

Criminals carry a min of 3 phones.....

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: Morning Mobilization Nov 14, 2017, 12:40 Retired

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 12:28:
Apple supporters are such assholes. What a fucking vain clown he is. Why not just buy a rugged phone for a tenth of the price and not have to worry about a goddamned phone to begin with? The stupidity and vanity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Wait....what? He "ruined" it because he is a tool and bought a crappy case for it? But....can't....wtf......JUST TAKE IT OFF!

/Apple Idiots

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 14, 2017, 12:37 Retired

My son, along with many kids his age, uses his middle finger to point. I think it is hilarious and we have not discouraged him from doing so.  

News Comments > Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints
20. Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Grind Complaints Nov 13, 2017, 12:17 Retired

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2017, 11:38:
Grinding is fine and all. I actually enjoy unlocking stuff as I go.

But, if what people are saying here is true, and it's 40 hours per hero. In nearly all games you should unlock everything of any significance within 40 hours, not one thing. I get that some unlocks are skill based, and some are for prestiging or whatever, and those will take a while, but every weapon and every character within 40 hours seems reasonable.

One character within 40 hours seems like insanity.

No. It should take more than 40 to "unlock everything". Don't like it, don't buy it, don't play it.

(not defending EA, defending the grind of games in general)

"I want everything NOW!" Screams what is wrong with our society.

News Comments > Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII
5. Re: Why Call of Duty Reenlisted in WWII Nov 9, 2017, 11:10 Retired

as it was regarded positively by fans and critics alike.

Not true.

News Comments > Morning Patches
1. Re: Morning Patches Nov 6, 2017, 14:26 Retired

PUBG patch now live on the test server. Does not include promised vaulting and climbing features. Thanks MP1ST.

Fail. After being a huge supporter and early purchase with HUNDREDS of hours in the game. I am done. They need a lot of work on the game. I don't anticipate them doing squat - 2.4M people are playing it.

News Comments > On PUBG Cheating
15. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 6, 2017, 14:17 Retired

Xero wrote on Nov 6, 2017, 10:10:
This will always be the number one complaint of many gamers that prefer console gaming over PC. They always point to the rampant cheaters online vs console online gaming.

While it does suck, I probably don't play enough online gaming to care. Other than CSGO which does have it's fair share, it's usually easy to point out which are obvious cheaters vs fair skill.

Over the counter plug and play mods have made cheating on console just as bad.....

News Comments > Call of Duty: WWII Assaults U.K. Sales Charts
1. Re: Call of Duty: WWII Assaults U.K. Sales Charts Nov 6, 2017, 14:07 Retired

Cool, can't assault anything else. Servers have been down for hours. I think their uptime is at about 75%.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 5, 2017, 15:11 Retired

Pleasant NYC Driver.

Wow then she almost gets hit 3x running a red light. Snowflakes are amazing!

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 5, 2017, 15:07 Retired

Blahman wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 13:03:
I wonder if CoD WWII would have beat out PUBG if the different editions were combined. Probably not.

Opening day the max player count was only 35,000 when PUBG had a player count of 1.2M.

Today, only 56,000 and it is the weekend....while PUBG is 2.4M!

9. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 15:04 Retired

Cutter wrote on Nov 5, 2017, 14:12:
Simplest fix for any FPS is allow player run servers. Good servers will always have moderators that nuke cheaters on sight. Best times I ever had playing CS were on heavily moderated servers. Anyone cheating, being a dick/racist/bigot etc. all gone in an instant. And on the really good ones a lot of times they'd have private servers that were invite only. After spending some time on the pub and them seeing you were solid you'd get an invite. So much nicer to play in that environment where everything is fair and everyone is cool.

QFT

Some of the best online friendships/relationships I have are from DoD and DoD Source servers. Great communities.

News Comments > Saturday Mobilization
6. Re: Saturday Mobilization Nov 5, 2017, 11:37 Retired

I worked security overnight at an ATT store, not really sure why, they only have 16 phones and no one, I mean NO ONE was in line at the store. It was about 20 minutes of being open before someone came in.

Down the hall at Apple there were about 150 people in line. I guess a few showed up at about 3 am (8am store open). Everyone that wanted a phone got one.

1. Re: On PUBG Cheating Nov 5, 2017, 11:34 Retired

ie: We have done pretty much nothing, but don't have the resources to do much.

Main problem with the Unreal engine is how long it has been out and the cheats are rampant across all Unreal games.

20747 Comments. 1038 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo