Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On August 19, 2001
Supporter -
Total Comments 21056 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Predator: Hunting Grounds Free Trial Weekend [Updated]

11. Re: Predator: Hunting Grounds Free Trial Weekend Mar 28, 2020, 02:16 Retired

MrGrosser wrote on Mar 27, 2020, 15:23:
It honestly worked early this morning. I've got a couple gameplay session on Twitch. I even ran Solo against a predator (although I think he was a bit slow) and escaped.

I liked the part where you were the predator and were trying to hug the soldiers.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 27, 2020, 12:31 Retired

i don't like the bullets  

News Comments > Borderlands 3: Guns, Love, and Tentacles Released

2. Re: Borderlands 3: Guns, Love, and Tentacles Released Mar 27, 2020, 07:34 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 23:04:
GOTY, or bust.

Ha, was thinking the same thing, got home from work and it was downloading the DLC - I guess I already own it. Thinking back I think I got the game from GMG for 25% off at release.

Hope to get around to it. Most quit, maybe I can play with Steam players with my EPIC copy?

News Comments > Evening Metaverse

1. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 27, 2020, 00:12 Retired

Plex, I have the lifetime setup, didnt see an option to watch tv from client side. Anyone jnow if I have to do something on server side?  

News Comments > Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend Begins

7. Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint Free Weekend Begins Mar 27, 2020, 00:09 Retired

Played it for a month when it came out. Was fun with friends, but not for the pricetag of retail. I played it as part of the $1 for dirst month of their service. Wont be going back.  

News Comments > Steam Freebie Extravaganza

8. Re: Steam Freebie Extravaganza Mar 27, 2020, 00:07 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2020, 23:08:
Steam needs to run a COVID19 Sale.

When is their normally scheduled Spring Sale? Should be soon.

News Comments > Call of Duty Updates Delayed

1. Re: Call of Duty Updates Delayed Mar 26, 2020, 08:55 Retired

Need some anticheat!  

News Comments > Steam Top 10

25. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 24, 2020, 20:46 Retired

jdreyer wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 01:33:
Ant wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 03:02:
Slashman wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 21:18:
Retired wrote on Mar 22, 2020, 20:59:
Never finished the previous Doom, so I installed it and am excited to play through that first.

Maybe time to finish Wolfenstein games also.....

That's me too. Man I have so many games to play...
I'm still playing Oblivion from 2006!

Oblivion is totally awesome. I really loved that game, even more than Skyrim.

In recent memory, I went back and played Fallout NV with mods and all the updates game is amazing. I think I did almost all of the ending branches. I am still working, so it is hard to sit down and dedicate the time to the games that require you to get sucked in.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Warzone Adds New Operator, and Weapons

5. Re: Call of Duty: Warzone Adds New Map, Operator, and Weapons Mar 24, 2020, 20:38 Retired

wtf_man wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 17:55:
Call-a-doodie, call-a-doodie, call-a-doodie, call-a-doodie, xbox go home.

Sorry... couldn't resist.

Does anyone actually play this shiz? I mean this IP seems way worn out.

A ton of people are playing it. It is a lot of fun.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 24, 2020, 04:15 Retired

Armengar wrote on Mar 24, 2020, 03:22:
Ironically enough, this virus is saving more lives. Road deaths in China are down to historically low values, so whilst the virus is killing the old and lame, it is saving productive members.

This is the stuff I am interested in......it will take years to figure out - but man, there is going to be some amazing studies done!

15. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 24, 2020, 04:15 Retired

Orogogus wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 23:45:
Retired wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 21:00:
Well, it is sample size. In the US the death rate is the same as flu. Worldwide, it is a lot higher. 1.2% vs 4.3% (If I remember the percentages I ran this AM.)

We don't know and will not know for a long time.

What kind of error bars do you imagine swinging from 1.2% to out past 20% for an n of 120? Even if you bump up the flu death rate to account for older subjects and existing conditions, I don't believe the flu randomly strikes the occasional nursing home to wipe out 28% of the patients in a month instead of the usual 3-6%. Either your premise is wrong or something else happened at this site to kill a lot of patients.

? Old ass people in a home who were already sick died. An infected person walked in, hugged and kissed people and people died from a very bad virus.

If I was infected, and walked into my 96 year old grandmother's care facility, and gave everyone some lovin and at lunch with them, touched shit and walked out. Yea, I bet they would all die! That happened before they know what was going on,.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Review Roundup

7. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Review Roundup Mar 23, 2020, 21:40 Retired

saluk wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 21:03:
Retired wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 20:48:
Cool game, wasn't sure what people were talking about "warping" as there is no walking. Watched some Twitch - ugh. Feels like there is a better way to move around - that....is......ugh.....

There is a shooting game like Ghost Recon I had watched people play on Twitch that was a lot smoother and they "walked" around with one of the hand controllers.

Alyx has both options. Some people can't handle smooth movement in vr, and the warping can be a good compromise. You can even set up the controls to allow both - using continuous when you are more comfortable or the action is less intense, and teleport when you can't handle it.

Whew. Thanks, I will look for other sources of people playing.

News Comments > GOG.com's Free Spring Sale Goodies Collection #1

1. Re: GOG.com's Free Spring Sale Goodies Collection #1 Mar 23, 2020, 21:03 Retired

Picked up Thornbreaker for $8!

Installing and disappearing for a while.

11. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 23, 2020, 21:00 Retired

Orogogus wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 13:21:
Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 12:07:
Return to normal and let it peak and pass just like other flu strains and cross your fingers they find a vaccine in the mean time.

I think people arguing that this is just like the flu have talked about normal mortality vs deaths attributable specifically to the coronavirus, but I haven't seen any of this address the nursing center in Washington state. Life Care Center of Kirkland had 33 deaths out of 120 residents between 2/19-3/20, up from 3-7 in a typical month. Is there an analysis that explains why it was so high there, aside from age and pre-existing conditions? If a quarter of US 80+ year olds die, that will be a lot higher than than the ~1M that someone else felt to be unrealistic. That kind of mortality will be on par with what the US reports in a year from all deaths. So what, if anything, exacerbated the situation there?

Well, it is sample size. In the US the death rate is the same as flu. Worldwide, it is a lot higher. 1.2% vs 4.3% (If I remember the percentages I ran this AM.)

We don't know and will not know for a long time.

10. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 23, 2020, 20:58 Retired

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 12:07:
Yeah, no. How the hell would that help? People will either turn their phones off or just leave them at home. And once gov't has the right to do it they'll never give it up.

I don't think this quarantine will work anyway. It'll do too much damage economically. We're probably better going the other way. Return to normal and let it peak and pass just like other flu strains and cross your fingers they find a vaccine in the mean time. Cuomo said yesterday they're projecting this could drag on for 9 months. That's simply untenable.

Some public places have some rules in place, it only so many people in the store, etc.

Most aren't. Go into a Costco or grocery store, hundreds of people.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2020, 20:56 Retired

Prez wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 18:49:
Just wanted to give an update - I had a stroke, Apparently it was a bad one

Get well Prez, sent you a msg on Steam. You know how to get ahold of me if you need anything.

15. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 23, 2020, 20:55 Retired

PHJF wrote on Mar 23, 2020, 13:23:
Since all the restaurants are closed, Uber eats is offering “free” delivery service. So I started an order from an Indian joint, got to the end, and saw a 15% service fee on top of them wanting a 15% tip for the driver (newsflash: delivery drivers aren’t waiters). Quickly ended that experiment. Indian joints around here are already stupidly expensive, which is why I started making my own masala.

Restaurants besides Chipotle and its ilk are seriously fucked from this.

That is weird, the bars/restaurants usually take a 5-15% hit in the cost to the delivery places so the prices don't change for the consumer. Then, tips are suggested but can be changed. I wonder if they changed the platform.

Sad if they are doing that.

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Review Roundup

3. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Review Roundup Mar 23, 2020, 20:48 Retired

Cool game, wasn't sure what people were talking about "warping" as there is no walking. Watched some Twitch - ugh. Feels like there is a better way to move around - that....is......ugh.....

There is a shooting game like Ghost Recon I had watched people play on Twitch that was a lot smoother and they "walked" around with one of the hand controllers.

News Comments > Steam Top 10

6. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 22, 2020, 20:59 Retired

Never finished the previous Doom, so I installed it and am excited to play through that first.

Maybe time to finish Wolfenstein games also.....

News Comments > Half-Life: Alyx Preloads

15. Re: Half-Life: Alyx Preloads Mar 22, 2020, 00:32 Retired

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Mar 21, 2020, 21:39:
Retired wrote on Mar 21, 2020, 20:41:
Big misstep VR only.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's a misstep.

I bet you people will be talking about this for 20 years.

Well, we have been talking about HL3 for how many years? So yea sure, but please, tell me how the 3D movie thing went........weren't we supposed to have it in every home?

VR doesn't interest me in the least right now. It is not that I do not like it, I think it is cool, it just isn't where I want it to be to invest time and money into it.

21056 Comments. 1053 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >