Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for B

Real Name B   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Retired
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Aug 19, 2001, 17:26
Total Comments 20338 (Jedi)
User ID 10714

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
13. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2016, 02:19 Retired

Steel Panther did not disappoint......  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 8, 2016, 13:13 Retired

Steel Panther tonight......rawk  

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Dec 7, 2016, 06:14 Retired

Guess his character.......didn't see that coming?  

15. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 5, 2016, 07:56 Retired

SlimRam wrote on Dec 4, 2016, 01:48:
It's also Jay Z's birthday. The LUCKY-SON-OF-A-BITCH that is married to Beyonce and otherwise known as Shawn Corey Carter turns 46 today.

“I’ve got 99 Problems but a bitch ain’t one.”

Better version

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2016, 03:50 Retired

Genesys wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 20:31:
Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2016, 12:39:
And the end result produced 3.7 grams of pyrimethamine – the chemical name of Daraprim.

“That’s about $110,000 worth of the drug,” Dr Williams said.

Yes, that's what Turing says it costs to make that much of the drug. How much did it cost these kids to make that? $20. $20 fucking dollars. Unreal. Americans should be running riot in the streets over how they get screwed by PhRMA.
To be fair, the kids didn't make their drugs in an FDA-approved and regulated lab. The problem isn't the drug manufacture itself, it's the regulations that permitted Shkreli to do what he did.

Science Magazine blog: Those Australian Students And Their Daraprim
Ars Technica: The dangers of thinking Australian high school kids just schooled Shkreli

A more widely used drug, epi pens, are price abused even more.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Dec 2, 2016, 15:36 Retired

Lawyers: New court software is so awful it’s getting people wrongly arrested.

Isn't that an example of a pot calling a kettle black?

News Comments > Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced
8. Re: Bulletstorm: Full Clip Edition Announced Dec 2, 2016, 15:31 Retired

Played through it, didn't really enjoy it. Definitely not worth a 2nd run through.  

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2016, 15:26 Retired

Unreal was so far ahead of it's time. I remember we restarted the game several times trying to see under that door......and the MP of the games was 2nd to only Action Quake. Using the teleport and getting in some really cool places was a lot of fun.  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Released
25. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Dec 1, 2016, 06:51 Retired

driving changed it's sensitivity so drastically depending on how fast you turned the wheel. LOL.

Not trying to nit pick, but might be a bad example. You ever half crank a steering wheel instantly in a car at 60? I have.

9. Re: Into the Black Dec 1, 2016, 06:46 Retired

MattyC wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 05:16:
Retired wrote on Dec 1, 2016, 02:49:
Big Macs are a guilty pleasure of mine, used to allow myself 1 a month. I haven't had one in over 2 years.....there is just to much information about fast food to allow myself to eat it. I have enough bad habits that will kill me, I had to drop some along the way....

Enjoy the little things in life. I doubt a once a month burger has been the dying regret of anyone ever. That said, maybe consider In-N-Out, Backyard Burger, Shake Shack, or Five Guys instead of a McDonalds if you really want the gluttony to be worth it.

It is just a small part of a bigger picture. A few years ago my body chemistry decided I needed to suffer from gout. Knowing this is a small indication of a larger issue down the road (kidneys, heart failure, etc.), I made several diet and lifestyle changes. Unfortunately they haven't entirely helped, as even without the red meat I have had outbreaks. Sucks.

I am partial to In-N-Out, as whenever I traveled to the West coast I would consume large amounts when I could. We have Five Guys, but they are new here and I have not had them.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Dec 1, 2016, 02:58 Retired

He's done it! He's reached level 1800 in Overwatch. Offers unsubstantiated claims that all others to do so shared accounts…

Not sure if I am happy for him or feel embarrassed on his behalf.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Dec 1, 2016, 02:55 Retired

Court Awards Damages Following Bogus DMCA Takedowns. Thanks HARDOCP.

Well, he went after an amount of money $15,000 that isn't worth it for the labels to send an attorney. Isn't much of a win unfortunately. Had the amount been 6 figures, I guarantee you an attorney for the labels would have showed. No different than civil lawsuits against cities. They settle them for less than 100k because it costs a minimum of 50k just to do one day in court. 6 figures is pie in the sky for most people, so they just take the deal. Meanwhile the city worker who did no wrong is thrown under the bus.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
1. Re: Morning Consolidation Dec 1, 2016, 02:51 Retired

That RDR video was cool, but it was a link after the video that got me on the right side. There is a vid of the guy and his family that did John's voice. Just a normal dude, with a great outlook on life.  

6. Re: Into the Black Dec 1, 2016, 02:49 Retired

Big Macs are a guilty pleasure of mine, used to allow myself 1 a month. I haven't had one in over 2 years.....there is just to much information about fast food to allow myself to eat it. I have enough bad habits that will kill me, I had to drop some along the way....  

News Comments > Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Content
1. Re: Rainbow Six Siege Year 2 Content Dec 1, 2016, 02:46 Retired

Game has been 14.99 a few times in the past few months. The full retail pricing of this stuff is out of control.  

News Comments > Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month
10. Re: Assassin's Creed III for Free Next Month Dec 1, 2016, 02:45 Retired

Didn't another company give this away free already? Or is this the 2nd story?  

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Released
13. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Released Nov 30, 2016, 07:41 Retired

Slick wrote on Nov 30, 2016, 02:35:
So I'm guessing that the 3x people posting here that played the first game with KB+M didn't spend any time aiming or shooting...?

The game STILL has a disastrous amount of positive AND negative acceleration. It's baked into the engine. You can't mod it out, and at no point since the game's release 2.5 years ago have they decided it's worth fixing.

Moving your mouse 1 physical inch can be either moving your crosshairs 10 degrees, or 180 degrees depending on how fast you do it. it's BY FAR the WORST KB+M implementation in a PC game in over a decade.

For a game with very promising multiplayer, it was disappointing. very.

The sequel doesn't suffer from this, for that alone it's leagues ahead of the game to where the last one left off.

I thought there were work arounds for that.....I didn't have any issues.

35. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 29, 2016, 07:51 Retired

Cutter wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 21:33:
Pigeon wrote on Nov 28, 2016, 21:18:
Mentioned it earlier, but I've found a story regarding the current line of EVGA cards and over heating problems:EVGA GTX 1070/1080 Overheating Issues Update. Sounds like they've got a solution even if it might not be optimal (i.e. faster fan speed = more noise). I believe the common consensus is that the cooler is just poorly designed. Though I'm sure it's fine in most cases and should be okay with the new vbios update and free optional thermal pads (should you request them). On the other hand if you get one and your card starts shooting flames out the back of your case don't say you weren't warned

Yeah thanks for that. I'll definitely be bypassing EVGA because of this. So it's likely going to be ASUS or MSI unless I can find a compelling reason - or a better deal - to use something else.

No issues here. I have tried to crap this thing out and overheat it - haven't been able to yet.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 19:57 Retired

I went with EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 SC 8gb. I love it. I keep cards for a long time (replaced a 660Ti) so the $400 I spent was acceptable.

Next is a new monitor.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 28, 2016, 10:03 Retired

Sorry to hear about everyone's losses. Weighs on the mind. Put one of our labs down a couple weeks ago. Probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Wagged his tail until he went to sleep. Poor thing was puking blood and still happy....Love that dog more than most of my family....  

20338 Comments. 1017 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo