Total Posts
251 (Amateur)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

251 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older

Go check out Penny Arcade...
Aug 9, 2001, 06:20
Eon
Go check out Penny Arcade... Aug 9, 2001, 06:20
Aug 9, 2001, 06:20
Eon

I think Tycho said it best when he said that claiming this movie will suck on the basis of its title alone is ridiculous.

There are plenty of other reasons why this movie will suck...

Eon

Re: Two sides of the coin
Aug 9, 2001, 06:18
Eon
Re: Two sides of the coin Aug 9, 2001, 06:18
Aug 9, 2001, 06:18
Eon

Interesting post... I've known a fair few American's because I spent a lot of my childhood growing up on NATO bases in Europe at the height of the Cold War.

I think, perhaps, if we could just stop trying to justify how damn good we all are then we could settle down a bit.

That was a good point about America being so complex that no American is representative of it. There might not be as much of a range between East and West American's or Northeners and Southerners in America as there is between England and France or France and Germany, but it IS an awful big place.

Personally I apologise for letting that guy get to me earlier - how about some of you others apologising for sinking to the lowest common denominator. And remember, there's a difference between Patriotism (loving your country) and Xenophobia (hating everyone elses).

Eon

Nice addons....
Aug 9, 2001, 04:41
Eon
Nice addons.... Aug 9, 2001, 04:41
Aug 9, 2001, 04:41
Eon

Unfortunately they seem to have corrected the "Works perfectly on my machine without ever crashing" bug, and it's Blue Screened twice on me since installing.

*Sigh*

Eon

Re: Can you say flop?
Aug 8, 2001, 06:15
Eon
Re: Can you say flop? Aug 8, 2001, 06:15
Aug 8, 2001, 06:15
Eon

I have to agree... Whoever said that the Console crowd would be more forgiving to bad gameplay needs to take a big ol' look at that market. If anything they are a hell of a lot MORE demanding as regards gameplay - just less so on "New Technology", Multiplayer support and the longevity of a game.

Eon

This is based on the Pre-Patch version..
Aug 8, 2001, 04:24
Eon
This is based on the Pre-Patch version.. Aug 8, 2001, 04:24
Aug 8, 2001, 04:24
Eon

This game will rock your world. There literally is NOTHING like it.

However, I liked the Single Missions, but HATED the campaign - they really do highlight the difficulty with play balancing a dynamic and reactive game.

As for the Multiplayer, so far I've managed to keep a team of 8 guys happy at work with a couple of custom missions. As my skill improves with the editor - the scripting I find hard, but others seem to have grasped it easily enough - it will get even easier to produce decent missions.

The netcode improvements will be welcome - especially the idea of a stand alone server. But as I say, I've had all my fun with the pre-patch version.

Do yourselves a favour and DON'T miss this game.

Eon

Re: If you're selling a game worldwide...
Aug 8, 2001, 04:15
Eon
Re: If you're selling a game worldwide... Aug 8, 2001, 04:15
Aug 8, 2001, 04:15
Eon

#39 and #40..

I'm a bloody Brit, you idiot's and THANK YOU for using elegant "brute style" simplicity where my gently humourous and placatory message was clearly not getting the message across.

1. That Football is played worldwide (and I mean the unarmoured version, not US Football).

2. That the strictly US bias on sport is unhealthy.

Jeeeeez...

None of which explains the nutball #44 who really should get a life.

No, my slightly off-white teeth don't give me any cause for huge emotional trauma thankyou - even though (thanks to a childhood accident) they aren't entirely straight. Instead of attempting to "scrub my teeth back to their natural whiteness" I think I'll forgo the incredibly unhealthy bleaching process and concentrate on merely keeping them clean and healthy.

As for the "crusty wench", she's fine thankyou. It's been an awful long time (if ever) since the Queen embarrassed our nation publically. Perhaps if we had a sovereign who was forced to use the position of power in order to procure oral sex we might be embarrassed.

Eon

This comment was edited on Aug 8, 04:20.

Re: I think you guys have missed the point..
Aug 8, 2001, 04:07
Eon
Re: I think you guys have missed the point.. Aug 8, 2001, 04:07
Aug 8, 2001, 04:07
Eon

"So, you mean if a movie makes a lot of money, it's a GOOD film. Must be an Adam Sandler fan." - Jonah14 #96

No, dude... I just think that if a film makes a lot of money then it's acheived its objective - to recoup the initial investment.

I'm just saying that we can whine on about how much of a sell out Mr. Lucas is all we want, but it won't change anything so long as we continue to make him a multi-millionaire and support that immense ego he feels is simply justified.

I'm not the target audience. I hated what he did with Ep 1. I expect him to do it all the hell again in Ep 2. I won't be supporting Ep 2. financially. Finito.

Eon

What you worried about?
Aug 7, 2001, 10:47
Eon
What you worried about? Aug 7, 2001, 10:47
Aug 7, 2001, 10:47
Eon

Judging on past performances, even if it got signed today it'd still be 2005 before we had to worry about whether it was any good...

Eon

Nice game description...
Aug 7, 2001, 09:08
Eon
Nice game description... Aug 7, 2001, 09:08
Aug 7, 2001, 09:08
Eon

Sin meets Rollercoaster Tycoon meets Age of Empires?

Why not throw in The Sims, Gran Turismo III and MS Flight Sim whilst you're at it?

*Shakes Head*

If you're selling a game worldwide...
Aug 7, 2001, 05:01
Eon
If you're selling a game worldwide... Aug 7, 2001, 05:01
Aug 7, 2001, 05:01
Eon

...doesn't it make sense to use a Sport played by the whole world?

(Even if the US isn't very good at it!)

Eon

I think you guys have missed the point..
Aug 7, 2001, 04:54
Eon
I think you guys have missed the point.. Aug 7, 2001, 04:54
Aug 7, 2001, 04:54
Eon

You aren't the audience for these films. Mr Lucas is not making this film (and didn't make the last one) for you.

It seems he thinks of himself as the new Walt Disney and wants to make movies for the 5 to 15 year olds. I'm sure he's grateful that some of us made arses of ourselves during Ep I, what with buying merchandise designed for the aforementioned 5 to 15 year olds and dressing up in silly costumes to watch the movie. I'm sure he was gratified that we helped add to the box office take, but we aren't the target audience.

He's aiming for the same GROUP of people he was aiming for with Episode IV, not for the same PEOPLE. Yeah, I think it's a nightmare - but really the proof is in the profit, and the film did alright last time.

I wonder if it will this time?

Eon

251 Comments. 13 pages. Viewing page 13.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  ] Older