Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for JZ Temple

Real Name JZ Temple   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2001, 10:57
Total Comments 22 (Suspect)
User ID 10511

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Announced
1. Re: Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Announced May 19, 2018, 14:57 JZ Temple

To be followed by an expansion named Greg I assume?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Year's Mobilization
3. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2018, 14:49 JZ Temple

To be precise, the article is about smartphones, not all phones as Mr Blue's title suggests. My AT&T Z222 flip phone has a replaceable battery pack.  

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2017, 14:52 JZ Temple

Couple of things...

First of all, regarding a Wankel as a epic fuel hog is pushing it a bit. I had a 1979 RX-7 with the rotary engine and while the fuel economy wasn't spectacular, it wasn't bad, especially compared with the contemporary V-8s. And it really did accelerate like a bat out of hell and had oodles of torque. One time I lost third+fourth gears (dropped transmission linkage fork) and drove for a couple of weeks with only first, second and fifth. Oddly, I never had an issue with the engine, but the body construction was crappy.

And 14 bookshelves? Rookie . I've got 25 spread between two rooms. But then we're never planning to move

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2017, 12:07 JZ Temple

Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:17:
The job comes with a six figure salary—$124,406 to $187,000 per year

And some people wonder why so many get pissed off with government waste on things like NASA.

That's not an unreasonable salary considering the prerequisites and requirements of the job.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 4, 2017, 14:55 JZ Temple

MattyC wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 14:33:
JZ Temple wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 14:16:
who wants to wait to read their Blues News updates?

Indeed. Besides, you never know when Irvine might post some selfies...

"George, wait, let me back up a bit to get you and the peak in frame... a little bit more... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 4, 2017, 14:16 JZ Temple

Enahs wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 13:29:
Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 12:53:
That's actually sad to hear.

No it is not. It is at the base of mount Everest and all the communities around it and in the Himalayas. It is helping schools and the community. Read the article. Also, people have used satellite communication at the top of mount Everest for years.

Good point on the reminder about satellite communications. Folks who read or watched "Into Thin Air" will remember how the doomed climber was in communication with his wife back in the UK (or NZ? Oz?).

And it's good for the locals to get WiFi, who wants to wait to read their Blues News updates?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2017, 12:41 JZ Temple

Today is also the anniversary of the first Space Shuttle launch, which will never be remembered because it falls on Yuri's Day  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 12:54 JZ Temple

NASA!  

News Comments > Motorsport Manager Trailer
1. Re: Motorsport Manager Trailer Mar 15, 2017, 12:19 JZ Temple

Actually Motorsport Manager was released back in November. This trailer ties into the upcoming 2017 F1 season.  

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Early Early Access
20. Re: Medieval Engineers Early Early Access Feb 11, 2015, 20:45 JZ Temple

Keen Software House has already addressed the question about working on both Space Engineers and Medieval Engineers. They had expanded their staff to over forty people and so can work on both games in parallel. They have sold over a million copies of Space Engineers, so money isn't a problem I guess.

Today's one day sale was to help get some early copies out into the public for some stress testing. Keen has already issued three quick patches to fix some small problems.

News Comments > Prison Architect Sells 1M
8. Re: Prison Architect Sells 1M Jan 31, 2015, 15:02 JZ Temple

They said that even though they plan to release this year, they intend to continue doing monthly updates even after that which I'm guessing means also monthly videos. I'm sure those funny videos have sold a lot of games for them.  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 25, 2014, 13:06 JZ Temple

1badmf wrote on Jan 25, 2014, 12:09:
is that NK article for real? it would be an absurd Onion article if they weren't capable of such buffoonery which they are. i mean, their population can't be THAT brainwashed... can they?!?

The government told them that they were really clever and landed at night

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 14, 2009, 12:58 JZ Temple

Regarding the Twenty cancelled Fox Shows...

I so miss "The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr". Bruce Campbell was great in the lead part (thankfully USA is employing him in "Burn Notice"). Also missed as well is the character of Dixie Cousins, deliciously played by Kelly Rutherford. My favorite moment was from the "Wild Card" episode (I think) where just before she does a little song at the end with her cousin Dolly comes up and exchanges a few word with Brisco. Nice.

Also great was "Keen Eddie". Very well written, snappy dialogue, great London scenery.

Fox really is lead by a bunch of idiots.

This comment was edited on Aug 14, 2009, 12:59.

News Comments > Ubisoft Wants Players, Not Gamers
11. Re: Ubisoft Wants Players, Not Gamers Jul 23, 2009, 06:31 JZ Temple

"I'm a gamer..."
SLAP
"I'm a player..."
SLAP
"A gamer, a player"
SLAP
"I said I want the truth!"
SLAP
"OK, I'm a gamer AND a player".
SLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAPSLAP

This comment was edited on Jul 23, 2009, 06:36.

4. Re: Public Enemies Jul 22, 2009, 12:51 JZ Temple

Well, it wasn't really his girlfriend. She and the other woman he was with were both prostitutes. I don't think he was paying them, but they weren't his soul mates or anything.

Oh, and the movie Public Enemies is very good. Depp as usual is scary excellent as Dillinger, although perhaps playing it a bit more sympathetically than history would dictate. Michael Mann's direction is brilliant and the production quality is absolutely top notch. Every visible detail looks completely authentic. The story is presented very well and the FBI agents are nicely more than two dimensional caricatures. Even the Hoover portrayal makes him an interesting part.

11. Re: Teh Mewn! Jul 16, 2009, 12:55 JZ Temple

I was in high school in Cocoa Beach, FL and of course it was all a very big deal to us back then. Everyone in the school went out to the parking lots to watch the launch.  

News Comments > Fallout Trilogy Patch
2. Re: Fallout Trilogy Patch May 14, 2009, 12:17 JZ Temple

Happily it turns out I didn't need one for Tactics, which I now have running on my netbook.  

News Comments > Delta Force Xtreme 2 Beta
3. Re: Delta Farce Xtreme Too Beta May 1, 2009, 21:40 JZ Temple

I probably played Joint Ops more than any other game that I have owned, console or PC. I'd love to see a new one, if they can block all the cheaters.  

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Level Editor Info & Movies
11. Re: Far Cry Instincts? Oct 16, 2008, 13:19 JZ Temple

"The sad truth is that user created content is not something devs want to embrace because they don't make any money. If millions of gamers made maps, and a few dozen were really popular, who is going to spend $15-$20 on map packs. Who is going to buy the newest Call of Duty: World at War, when they can play new maps on CoD4 all the time.

So true, so true. I have studiously avoided FC2 previews to prevent the rise of internal unwanted hype, but if they include *that* editor, the one in the video, heck that's got to be some kind of major milestone for the 360, no?

News Comments > Far Cry 2 Level Editor Info & Movies
8. Re: Far Cry Instincts? Oct 16, 2008, 11:07 JZ Temple

Far Cry did have a level editor, but for some reason the user created maps seemed to hang at times, at least in my machine.

I did watch the video of the FC2 map editor, really does look easy to use. The problem with "hundreds of thousands of maps" is that 95% of them will be crap. It's sorting that out that's the problem.

Sadly I'm also assuming that this is for the PC version only, my rig is too ancient to run FC2, so I'm getting it on the 360. If some really good maps do come out and MP is decent maybe it would be motivation to finally upgrade my rig.

22 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo