Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - RSS Headlines   RSS Headlines   Twitter   Twitter
User information for JZ Temple

Real Name JZ Temple   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 31, 2001, 10:57
Total Comments 31 (Suspect)
User ID 10511

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue

6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 16, 2019, 12:28 JZ Temple

Cruise Ship Passing Through Corinth Canal.

My father was a Panama Canal pilot just after WW2. One time he brought an Iowa class battleship through the canal, in the locks the ship had a couple of feet to spare on each side

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 16, 2019, 12:23 JZ Temple

Slight of hand: OpenAI’s trick to make its Rubik’s robot hand work

It is "Sleight of hand"

News Comments > Into the Black

4. Re: Into the Black Sep 17, 2019, 22:55 JZ Temple

I seem to be getting the warning from the image embedded in the story "Borderlands 3 Save Game Issue Hotfix". The image doesn't load and when I try to manually load it, Malwarebytes gives me a pop up saying that it is a Trojan.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 30, 2019, 12:51 JZ Temple

Simon Says wrote on Jul 30, 2019, 12:35:
Paid for SVP4 and I can't stand to watch anything with it not enabled anymore. It's a stutter fest. It's like trying to play a first person shooter at 24 fps when you're used to 60+.

The movie industry, instead of whining like crybabies about something devised as a workaround in the 20th century to alleviate technical problems arising from high framerate shooting like bandwidth issues and others, they could just adapt and catch up with the rest of us in the 21th century.

Movies shot at 60hz or even 120hz, how about it? I'm down with it! Bring it on! Down with the blurry stuttery mess, say no to antiquated 24/30hz ( unless you're going for that vintage artistic look ).

Check out this video from Filmmaker IQ: A Defense of 24 FPS and Why It's Here to Stay for Cinema

2. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2019, 14:23 JZ Temple

But either way, we should send astronauts back there and beyond. Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later.

I don't know, I'd really like to spend those billions on things like climate change, health care, education, etc. But then only my wife listens to me, and even then not always.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization

1. Re: Evening Mobilization Jul 16, 2019, 20:15 JZ Temple

My AT&T Z222 flip phone has always had a removable battery  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 13, 2019, 17:35 JZ Temple

Here in Florida those Enhanced licenses have been in effect for at least about eight years, because back in 2011 when I had to renew my license I had to bring several documents to the DMV and get my Enhanced license. With the usual eight year expiration period that should mean that pretty much everyone should have one now, as I don't believe there are allowed exceptions, although I could be wrong. It's not a big deal, or wasn't for us, our local DMV is set up pretty well and except for the occasional grumpy clerk it functions pretty well.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2019, 14:33 JZ Temple

I'd almost feel bad about mentioning it, but since the Internet loves to hate on Florida, I'll just note that due to the almost continuous above average temps we've been having, I've been in my pool for the past couple of weeks. Not continuously of course.

Ah, global warming. I can swim in my pool a lot sooner in the season than before, and in a couple of decades I'll have oceanfront property. At least for a few years, till my house goes under too.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 4, 2018, 13:22 JZ Temple

My wife has had three total knee replacement surgeries (one didn't take). Each time the surgeon marked the knee with indelible marker and this marking was also verbally verified by the surgical nurse and the anesthesiologist. Each one also asked about any allergies, even though the info was on the chart. I guess it really does matter where you have the surgery and who does it. We've been going to the same orthopedic clinic for over twenty years and will never go elsewhere.  

News Comments > Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Announced

1. Re: Europa Universalis IV: Dharma Announced May 19, 2018, 14:57 JZ Temple

To be followed by an expansion named Greg I assume?  

News Comments > New Year's Mobilization

3. Re: New Year's Mobilization Jan 1, 2018, 14:49 JZ Temple

To be precise, the article is about smartphones, not all phones as Mr Blue's title suggests. My AT&T Z222 flip phone has a replaceable battery pack.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 9, 2017, 14:52 JZ Temple

Couple of things...

First of all, regarding a Wankel as a epic fuel hog is pushing it a bit. I had a 1979 RX-7 with the rotary engine and while the fuel economy wasn't spectacular, it wasn't bad, especially compared with the contemporary V-8s. And it really did accelerate like a bat out of hell and had oodles of torque. One time I lost third+fourth gears (dropped transmission linkage fork) and drove for a couple of weeks with only first, second and fifth. Oddly, I never had an issue with the engine, but the body construction was crappy.

And 14 bookshelves? Rookie . I've got 25 spread between two rooms. But then we're never planning to move

9. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 2, 2017, 12:07 JZ Temple

Cutter wrote on Aug 2, 2017, 10:17:
The job comes with a six figure salary—$124,406 to $187,000 per year

And some people wonder why so many get pissed off with government waste on things like NASA.

That's not an unreasonable salary considering the prerequisites and requirements of the job.

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

5. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 4, 2017, 14:55 JZ Temple

MattyC wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 14:33:
JZ Temple wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 14:16:
who wants to wait to read their Blues News updates?

Indeed. Besides, you never know when Irvine might post some selfies...

"George, wait, let me back up a bit to get you and the peak in frame... a little bit more... AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse

3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jun 4, 2017, 14:16 JZ Temple

Enahs wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 13:29:
Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2017, 12:53:
That's actually sad to hear.

No it is not. It is at the base of mount Everest and all the communities around it and in the Himalayas. It is helping schools and the community. Read the article. Also, people have used satellite communication at the top of mount Everest for years.

Good point on the reminder about satellite communications. Folks who read or watched "Into Thin Air" will remember how the doomed climber was in communication with his wife back in the UK (or NZ? Oz?).

And it's good for the locals to get WiFi, who wants to wait to read their Blues News updates?

9. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 12, 2017, 12:41 JZ Temple

Today is also the anniversary of the first Space Shuttle launch, which will never be remembered because it falls on Yuri's Day  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 26, 2017, 12:54 JZ Temple

NASA!  

News Comments > Motorsport Manager Trailer

1. Re: Motorsport Manager Trailer Mar 15, 2017, 12:19 JZ Temple

Actually Motorsport Manager was released back in November. This trailer ties into the upcoming 2017 F1 season.  

News Comments > Medieval Engineers Early Early Access

20. Re: Medieval Engineers Early Early Access Feb 11, 2015, 20:45 JZ Temple

Keen Software House has already addressed the question about working on both Space Engineers and Medieval Engineers. They had expanded their staff to over forty people and so can work on both games in parallel. They have sold over a million copies of Space Engineers, so money isn't a problem I guess.

Today's one day sale was to help get some early copies out into the public for some stress testing. Keen has already issued three quick patches to fix some small problems.

News Comments > Prison Architect Sells 1M

8. Re: Prison Architect Sells 1M Jan 31, 2015, 15:02 JZ Temple

They said that even though they plan to release this year, they intend to continue doing monthly updates even after that which I'm guessing means also monthly videos. I'm sure those funny videos have sold a lot of games for them.  

31 Comments. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >