Total Posts
6449 (Guru)
User ID
Search For:
Sort Results:
Ascending
Descending
Limit Results:

6449 Comments. 323 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    323  ] Older

Re: Morning Legal Briefs
Mar 17, 2022, 01:35
Quboid

Re: Morning Legal Briefs Mar 17, 2022, 01:35
Mar 17, 2022, 01:35
 Quboid

Prez wrote on Mar 16, 2022, 23:02:
You know not for nothing but despite agreeing with the general moderate to left leaning sentiment on all of this, I still feel gross just listening to people talk. It's not enough to have an opinion; you have to make the other side feel as stupid as possible. Both sides have done it in this very thread. Maybe I'm weird but I have no interest in involving myself in anything so divisive. I don't care how wrong someone may be in my view; if you can't have civil discourse I have no interest in what anyone is saying. I wonder if the general apathy towards American politics is due at least in part to many others feeling this way.

I think Cutter deserves all the contempt thrown his way, but it is a shame how it interrupts the sensible discussion. He has earned a ban many times over, and his continued presence is a big part of why it is generally hard to hold a conversation here.

Re: This War of Mine Profits Donated to Ukrainian Red Cross
Feb 25, 2022, 08:16
Quboid

Re: This War of Mine Profits Donated to Ukrainian Red Cross Feb 25, 2022, 08:16
Feb 25, 2022, 08:16
 Quboid

Jivaro wrote on Feb 24, 2022, 22:24:
I don't know who needs to read this but, you are feeling the urge to ask him. Just don't.

Haha yeah, so predictable.

Re: Morning Tech Bits
Feb 19, 2022, 00:50
Quboid

Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 19, 2022, 00:50
Feb 19, 2022, 00:50
 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Feb 18, 2022, 17:33:
Nullity wrote on Feb 18, 2022, 13:52:
Crypto Mining GPU Pricing Plummets as Demand Cools.
What's the deal? Some publications have been saying this for months. I dunno where they're looking for their prices, but I have yet to see any decline, at least in the US.

Exactly it's complete bullshit. Show me where these cards are for sale. All retailers that have any in stock here are still double the MSRP. If anything I'd say they've gone up even further in price.

They're often in stock in the UK and, while still well above MSRP, they're less expensive than they used to be.

Re: Paradox Workplace Audit Results
Feb 17, 2022, 15:23
Quboid

Re: Paradox Workplace Audit Results Feb 17, 2022, 15:23
Feb 17, 2022, 15:23
 Quboid

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Feb 17, 2022, 12:49:
I just don't understand why "Gender Balance" needs to do this audit. Usually misogynistic men are assholes to other males that "threaten" them- by threaten I mean out produce them, call them out on poor behavior and stand up to bullying tactics. Why are females the only concern here?

Women are not the only concern here, as evidenced by the phrase "it mainly impacts women in our workforce". That shows that they investigated a range of behaviour, including those that impact men.

Re: Cities: Skylines Modder Banned
Feb 14, 2022, 21:33
Quboid

Re: Cities: Skylines Modder Banned Feb 14, 2022, 21:33
Feb 14, 2022, 21:33
 Quboid

I've been following this for months now, this guy is a piece of work.

It wasn't dangerous at this time. The actual update system was removed by staff quickly and the issue of it affecting other mods was targeted at just a few people who he has an imagined feud with - Colossal Order and Paradox staff, anyone who disagreed with him, and other modders. Including me for some reason, I guess I should feel honoured. The account Chaos was banned months ago for doxing a Colossal Order employee and a new account called Holy Water - quite obviously the same guy - popped up and took over where Chaos left off.

The stuff about it being discovered by modders after receiving reports is wrong. This guy bragged about the malware he was implementing, and as it only affected a few people there wasn't really anyone to submit reports. He said he was going to do it, he did it, he got kicked off the Steam Workshop.

No damage was done this time but the combination of doxing people, including malware (however limited in functionality), and secretive updates is a bad mix and I'm glad to be rid of him. If/when he reappears, the community will definitely notice.

Harmony is used in quite a few Cities mods and it is perfectly safe. Harmony for Cities, ported by a guy called boformer, is basically essential for modded play. It's just Chaos' own fork ("Harmony (Redesigned)") that is sus. Also yeah, the keylogger claim is bullshit. He should lawyer up if he keeps spreading that shit.

Re: Activision: Union Could Prevent "Great Games"
Feb 2, 2022, 02:35
Quboid

Re: Activision: Union Could Prevent "Great Games" Feb 2, 2022, 02:35
Feb 2, 2022, 02:35
 Quboid

Flatline wrote on Feb 1, 2022, 20:19:
Renegades Hang wrote on Feb 1, 2022, 18:50:
Bestselling historian and economist Tom Woods: "American workers had the eight-hour-day well before their much more heavily unionized counterparts in Europe did, and they earned much higher wages. Unionism never accounted for more than a third of the American labor force, and that was at its height."

"Labor historians and activists would doubtless be at a loss to explain why, at a time when unionism was numerically negligible (a whopping three percent of the American labor force was unionized by 1900) and federal regulation all but nonexistent, real wages in manufacturing climbed an incredible 50 percent in the United States from 1860—1890, and another 37 percent from 1890 to 1914, or why American workers were so much better off than their much more heavily unionized counterparts in Europe. Most of them seem to cope with these inconvenient facts by neglecting to mention them at all."
https://www.lewrockwell.com/2004/11/thomas-woods/unions-lie-and-so-do-their-supporters/

Economist Hunter Lewis: "Higher wages earned by unions actually come out of the pockets of other workers, not out of employers’ profits, a point that is now well established but still little understood."

Economist Walter Williams: "What truly protects workers as a group is competition, where many employers are competing for their services."
https://fee.org/articles/what-protects-consumers-and-workers/

Huh I wonder what economic activities happened between 1860 and 1890? I mean, for those kind of wage increases you'd almost have to... I dunno... Go through a massive war then completely reconstruct a decimated region that rivals most countries in size that had not really been industrialized recently, all while engaging in rapid, almost break-neck expansion into unclaimed territory.

"Labor historians and activists would doubtless be a loss to explain why having to actually pay employees rather than use violence to force them to work for free resulted in wages increasing"

Re: Raven QA Forms Union
Jan 21, 2022, 18:04
Quboid

Re: Raven QA Forms Union Jan 21, 2022, 18:04
Jan 21, 2022, 18:04
 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2022, 16:03:
eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 21, 2022, 14:41:
Cutter wrote on Jan 21, 2022, 12:45:
Equity: Quality Assurance Testers deserve respect, appropriate compensation, and career development opportunities.
Quality Assurance is currently an undervalued discipline in the games and software industries. We strive to foster work environments where Quality Assurance Testers are respected and compensated for our essential role in the development process.

Hah! How much do you think you should be paid for playing video games? This isn't real QA like you see with security/military HW/SW. When you can ask any schmoe on the street if he wants to test games for a few hours for minimum wage you'll have zero shortage of people for that. Hell they can get online volunteers for nothing. Essential role? This isn't a skilled trade. Looks like the QA department at Raven is done.

If you think QA is "playing games" you don't know what QA is. You may be doing something in a game, but for sure not playing it.

Uh, I worked for EA for a year in 94/95 in QA. Yeah, there's all kinds of grindy stuff to do in QA but it's not rocket surgery, anyone can do it. It's not a job that warrants good pay. Everyone should have those sorts of protections unions can afford people but you need to be realistic about what kind of pay people make for what kinds of jobs. Just look how far out of whack it is on the other end of the scale with executive pay. This is why a Goldilocks world should always be the rule in all things.

So they ask for "appropriate compensation", you say they should should be "realistic about what kind of pay" they get ... isn't that the same thing? Sure, their idea of appropriate compensation might be over the top but from the few facts given, it seems like their goal is both what you think they should get and somehow what you mock.

Your impulse to shit on any workers' consideration and rights - when they don't apply to you - is exactly how the overpaid executives divide and conquer their employees.

Re: Activision Blizzard Firings
Jan 18, 2022, 08:42
Quboid

Re: Activision Blizzard Firings Jan 18, 2022, 08:42
Jan 18, 2022, 08:42
 Quboid

Microsoft are buying Activision Blizzard for a reported $70B!

Xbox.com press release

Re: Saturday Tech Bits
Jan 9, 2022, 13:51
Quboid

Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 9, 2022, 13:51
Jan 9, 2022, 13:51
 Quboid

The Half Elf wrote on Jan 8, 2022, 19:43:
In defense of Cutter... a few things.

1) Need entire context of the conversation.

2) Shit's changed in the last 3 years alone, people change.

3) I never wanted an iphone as I thought they were for the stuck up Elite that needed the next "elite showcase piece" , and for quite a few years Iphones/Apple products were that, plus being a main PC/Google user things were just fucking easier to get done on a android. So what changed? Everything just works on an Iphone (still rocking my first and only Iphone 8+, and the learning curve was a bitch that my 12 year old nephew had to show me how to do things), and security started becoming a concern of mine.

I agree with #1 and #2. I picked statements that I think stood alone and hey, you can always verify, but even if I'm wrong about 90% of them there's still enough. People change and that can be a good thing - I asked "what changed?" for a reason. I don't see what changed on point #3, is there anything about iPhones that just work better now? I haven't had any problems getting my Androids to work. Is the iPhone's security better now?

Re: Saturday Tech Bits
Jan 8, 2022, 16:59
Quboid

Re: Saturday Tech Bits Jan 8, 2022, 16:59
Jan 8, 2022, 16:59
 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Jan 8, 2022, 14:30:
I ordered my iPhone 13 and macbook pro 14" on day 2 and was pretty late in the queue but I didn't have to wait overnight outside bestbuy or woken up by Twitter stock notifications at 3am. Apple just sent me my stuff within 2-3 weeks when it was ready and came straight from China.

You never cease to amaze.

Cutter wrote on Jun 4, 2019, 20:17:
Everything? No but a good part of it. Only idiots and traitors support Apple.

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2018, 13:19:
Well of course Apple and Apple users are dicks. I'm surprised they didn't go with Galileo or Newton instead.

Cutter wrote on Feb 21, 2018, 17:41:
Fuck I hate Apple so much. They're just the shittiest company on the planet. Anyone who supports them is a piece of shit too.

Cutter wrote on Dec 29, 2017, 10:23:
No, the most annoying thing is that assholes continue to support Apple no matter what.

Cutter wrote on Dec 3, 2017, 17:26:
Way to go mes amis! Stick it those fuckers! Only evil pigfuckers support Apple!

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2017, 12:28:
Apple supporters are such assholes. What a fucking vain clown he is. Why not just buy a rugged phone for a tenth of the price and not have to worry about a goddamned phone to begin with? The stupidity and vanity of people never ceases to amaze me.

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2017, 10:43:
Stop supporting Apple! Only assholes support them.

Cutter wrote on Dec 19, 2016, 13:10:
Good! Fuck Apple and anyone who supports them!

Cutter wrote on May 12, 2015, 12:42:
This is an iPhone (I've already taken abuse for this, so lay off)

No. Never. Stop buying Apple products and supporting those motherfuckers! Yes, other companies are evil but they are the kings of that mountain of shit.

Cutter wrote on May 8, 2015, 12:51:
Apple owners are dicks so that's no surprise. It's like Mercedes is the official car of selfish assholes everywhere. It's just a fact like death and taxes. The writer claims he doesn't like penises but I'll wager he loves them. LOVES them!

Cutter wrote on Jul 8, 2014, 13:09:
Only assholes support Apple.

Cutter wrote on May 18, 2014, 15:11:
Easiest solution: Stop supporting Apple.

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 14:11:
Orogogus wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:52:
Beamer wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:27:
I've never said other companies weren't evil. Simply that Apple is the evilest of them all. And yes, if you support Apple you do hate America and babies, and likely love the terrorists too.

I don't think you've really ever given a reason why Apple is more evil than Google or Walmart or Koch Industries or MLM pyramid schemes.

After being called out on it fourteen or fifteen times, he's probably not going to start now either, except maybe to trot out the late Steve Jobs' stance against charitable donations again. Just move on.

Hey jackass! I've listed them all before. I have neither the time nor desire to reiterate them every time. If you're too LAZY to do your own research on why they're so bad then it just shows the kind of person you really are - along with your fellow Apple supporters. People like you and your pals are precisely why this world is so shitty.

Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 14:11:
Orogogus wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:52:
Beamer wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:35:
Cutter wrote on Apr 22, 2014, 13:27:
I've never said other companies weren't evil. Simply that Apple is the evilest of them all. And yes, if you support Apple you do hate America and babies, and likely love the terrorists too.

I don't think you've really ever given a reason why Apple is more evil than Google or Walmart or Koch Industries or MLM pyramid schemes.

After being called out on it fourteen or fifteen times, he's probably not going to start now either, except maybe to trot out the late Steve Jobs' stance against charitable donations again. Just move on.

Hey jackass! I've listed them all before. I have neither the time nor desire to reiterate them every time. If you're too LAZY to do your own research on why they're so bad then it just shows the kind of person you really are - along with your fellow Apple supporters. People like you and your pals are precisely why this world is so shitty.

Cutter wrote on Apr 21, 2014, 22:02:
Well I'd have to use an Apple product first wouldn't I? And Hell has a better chance of freezing over than that ever happening.

Cutter wrote on Dec 9, 2013, 14:19:
#1. Your iphone helps those who hate America. Like Apple.

Cutter wrote on Dec 2, 2013, 18:54:
Really? I thought Apple snagged most of its buyers from freedom hating terrorist lovers.

Cutter wrote on Oct 26, 2013, 15:09:
Unethical users? Lol Apple and it's users are all unethical!

Cutter wrote on Apr 18, 2013, 07:01:
You meant to say Apple is pro-censorship. Yet, another in the never ending list of reasons to boycott them.

Cutter wrote on Dec 6, 2012, 23:56:
Eveyrone should be sticking it to Apple whenever possible!

Cutter wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 11:15:
Apple is evil and so are they who support them!

Cutter wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 16:47:
Boo Blue boo! Apple is evil, don't support them!

Cutter wrote on Sep 4, 2012, 13:58:
Well that's too bad. Lesson here? Stop supporting Apple.

Cutter wrote on Sep 3, 2012, 15:16:
Go for it Bruce! Better still stop fucking supporting Apple!

Cutter wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 11:54:
Boggles the mind that people support Apple.

Cutter wrote on May 10, 2012, 21:43:
Yeah, forget promoting Apple. They're evil.

Cutter wrote on Apr 6, 2012, 13:17:
Agree. Apple is a company that shouldn't be supported in any way, shape, or form untill they change.

Highlights, notations, and censoring by me:
Cutter wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 15:19:
I own nothing from any of those companies [including Apple] with the exception of Windows - which was made here. [...] So no, I'm not a hypocrite, nor am I fucking s*****g like you. S*** my b***s, you POS!

Cutter wrote on Feb 2, 2012, 22:45:
Not caring and being forced into taking a bad job out of desperation are very different things. Once again, do not support Apple!

Cutter wrote on Jan 26, 2012, 16:26:
If you hate America, humanity, and the environment, support Apple.

Cutter wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 23:07:
I like how if you ask Siri about where it was made or by who or Apple child labor violation it tells you it's classified. Yeah, keep on supporting Apple!

Cutter wrote on Jan 13, 2012, 23:25:
Course if Apple made their stuff at home they wouldn't have the problems. They don't support us, don't support them.

Cutter wrote on Dec 13, 2011, 12:31:
Good to see Apple's true colours. The enviornment hating, conspicuous consumption, shallow asshole cult that it and its adherants are.

Cutter wrote on Sep 26, 2011, 12:07:
And this is why you shouldn't support Apple.

Cutter wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 16:20:
I hate Apple and will never use their overrated overpriced crap. And no, real gamers don't want to play crappy F2P/microware on 6 inch screens.

Cutter wrote on Nov 16, 2009, 16:52:
Just one more reason why I don't buy Apple's crap.

There's a lot more, and that's after excluding the ones about Apple fanboys (because buying their products doesn't have to mean fanboy).

What changed?

Re: removed
Dec 24, 2021, 14:11
Quboid

Re: removed Dec 24, 2021, 14:11
Dec 24, 2021, 14:11
 Quboid

bigspender wrote on Dec 24, 2021, 03:12:
bigspender wrote on Dec 23, 2021, 16:09:
* REMOVED *

This comment was deleted on Dec 24, 2021, 01:11. Reason: Intolerance (rule 2)

LOL my point proven beautifully. Even discussion is banned, even though I was not taking a side, merely describing the problem.

Regardless, happy holidays everyone, and fingers crossed for those RTX 3080 Ti in your stockings! :-)

The word is banned here, because Blue has freedom of expression on his platform, but we're still discussing it. You were discussing it when you said discussion is banned.

Re: Ready or Not Publisher Split Caused By School Shooting Scenario?
Dec 23, 2021, 16:59
Quboid

Re: Ready or Not Publisher Split Caused By School Shooting Scenario? Dec 23, 2021, 16:59
Dec 23, 2021, 16:59
 Quboid

bigspender wrote on Dec 23, 2021, 16:09:
Won't someone think of the children? /sarcasm

Even playing as the people who are stopping the school shooting is bad now? I would expect that the controversy would be good publicity.

But I guess we live in a world where Even telling people not to use the word "* REMOVED *" gets you cancelled because you said the word.
Looks like the 'Regressive leftists' and the Twitter mobs have spread their voldermort mentality in the real world. You can't even discuss an issue.

Oh no, people disagree with you if you use the word you can't use even though somehow you just used it. Such oppression!

Edit: Oh hey, the word is banned here. Fair enough, that's Blue's freedom of expression.

This comment was edited on Dec 24, 2021, 14:12.

Re: Activision Apologizes; Removes Quran from Call of Duty: Vanguard
Nov 12, 2021, 19:20
Quboid

Re: Activision Apologizes; Removes Quran from Call of Duty: Vanguard Nov 12, 2021, 19:20
Nov 12, 2021, 19:20
 Quboid

Quinn wrote on Nov 12, 2021, 19:07:
Let it sink in that the entire gaming community was offended by the Mass Effect 3 ending. Not a peep from Bioware. In fact, they rightfully defended their ending calling it creative freedom or whatever. But when a level designer puts a Quran on the floor of the house of Heidi from Austria because she's a book collector ignorant of Islamic beliefs, that just can't go. "But... Heidi...?" No. Fuck you and your Heidi.

🤯

Didn't they remake the ending?

Anyway people said it sucked, that's a completely different thing to being allegedly disrespectful.

Re: Activision Apologizes; Removes Quran from Call of Duty: Vanguard
Nov 12, 2021, 01:28
Quboid

Re: Activision Apologizes; Removes Quran from Call of Duty: Vanguard Nov 12, 2021, 01:28
Nov 12, 2021, 01:28
 Quboid

Seems reasonable.

Re: Into the Black
Oct 25, 2021, 23:26
Quboid

Re: Into the Black Oct 25, 2021, 23:26
Oct 25, 2021, 23:26
 Quboid

MrBone wrote on Oct 18, 2021, 12:21:
Quboid wrote on Oct 16, 2021, 18:12:
MrBone wrote on Oct 16, 2021, 07:35:
Probably one of the stupidest ideas on record. Only a few months to get effective results? Why not just castrate her BF. Dude is halfway there.

Why do you think it takes a few months to get effective results? Why is the dude half castrated? What?

Read the article and become self-aware. She literally says that it takes a few months for her ridiculous device to work.

Ah I forgot about this. Do you mean this? "The device only needs to be used every few months to keep the sperm inert and prevent eggs from being fertilized during sex."

That doesn't mean it takes a few months for it to work, that means the effect lasts a few months.

Re: Ubisoft Identifies Third-Party Software Conflicts
Oct 25, 2021, 23:25
Quboid

Re: Ubisoft Identifies Third-Party Software Conflicts Oct 25, 2021, 23:25
Oct 25, 2021, 23:25
 Quboid

Rigs wrote on Oct 25, 2021, 22:34:
I was surprised to see SteelSeries Engine in there. How ever will I live without my Arctis 5's lighting up my dark room?!

=-Rigs-=

That's the one that surprises me most. Do we not need that to properly run our headphones, which are rather important for playing games? I've never actually checked, maybe stuff like surround sound works without running their software.

Re: Into the Black
Oct 16, 2021, 18:12
Quboid

Re: Into the Black Oct 16, 2021, 18:12
Oct 16, 2021, 18:12
 Quboid

MrBone wrote on Oct 16, 2021, 07:35:
Probably one of the stupidest ideas on record. Only a few months to get effective results? Why not just castrate her BF. Dude is halfway there.

Why do you think it takes a few months to get effective results? Why is the dude half castrated? What?

Re: Out of the Blue
Oct 15, 2021, 22:01
Quboid

Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2021, 22:01
Oct 15, 2021, 22:01
 Quboid

So sorry for your loss, BOP, my condolences to you and your family.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Oct 15, 2021, 03:34
Quboid

Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2021, 03:34
Oct 15, 2021, 03:34
 Quboid

milspecmonkey wrote on Oct 15, 2021, 02:29:
This is pretty hilarious, what niche demographic did I come from, and what gaming concepts are more mainstream now to take that away from said demographic?

You're in the "unhappy that Lara Croft is now a human being and not a badly rendered pair of tits" demographic.

Re: Evening Metaverse
Oct 15, 2021, 00:22
Quboid

Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 15, 2021, 00:22
Oct 15, 2021, 00:22
 Quboid

milspecmonkey wrote on Oct 14, 2021, 23:31:
Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2021, 22:55:
milspecmonkey wrote on Oct 14, 2021, 18:16:
Beamer wrote on Oct 14, 2021, 07:41:
FrostyRei wrote on Oct 14, 2021, 01:35:
A highly minority group of people, Trans, surely less than 0.something percent of the world not negotiating, as usual, simply demanding. It is a common characteristic of people incapable or weak at negotiations, like infants, or terrorists.

See also: gamers angry there aren't enough boobs, movie nerds angry there are too many black people, conservatives angry superman's insignificant son is bi

Yea that's totally it, and not that the angry gamers / nerds are angry because the IPs they love are handed over to be "rebranded" by people that hate everything about said IP in favor of some mega minority demographic that never had initial interest.

Shout into the wind more, all over obsessing over things you didn't create

Says the man obsessing in trying to find oppression in every aspect of life, as long as it stays in leftie theme of course.
The great cycle of getting called out for another shit take, and then default to "yea well you complain too much and are a poopy head"
You'd really just have a better time over at ResetEra, which sidestory, just sold inexplicably for millions while the mods are going to get jack shit is gonna be one of the great gaming grifts of the decade.

Buddy, you're obsessed with feeling oppressed because gaming becoming accepted in the mainstream means gaming doesn't revolve around you any more.
6449 Comments. 323 pages. Viewing page 2.
Newer [  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16    323  ] Older