Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein BŁrgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 6205 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
194. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 14, 2018, 00:15 Quboid

Eirikrautha wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 23:09:
Quboid - Isn't it funny how Nazi is (rightly) a despised ideology, yet the far left (communism), which killed far more than Hitler, never is used as a pejorative? Maybe because it hits lefties to close to home. The funny thing is, if most of the whack-job left ever got the society they wanted, they'd be the first people up against the wall. I guess they don't imagine their utopia starting with them in a mass grave...

'Maybe because it hits lefties to close to home' - do you think the alt-right and suchlike are going to hold back? "Hey guys, let's not call the libtards communists. That's mean. They'd get offended, and that's just not what we're about."

Nonsense. Obviously 'commie' and the like are used pejoratively. But again, the taboo was about *your* feelings. Like calling someone a Nazi for no good reason, calling someone a communist just makes you look stupid - which is what you're doing right here; trying to associate Beamer's position with mass killings under Communist regimes and looking stupid in the process.

However, unlike calling right-wingers Nazis, calling left-wingers commies is an ineffective insult because those snowflake lefties typically don't become too emotional to continue a discussion. Honestly, I'm not sure I could have picked a more stark example, and that you have to pretend to yourself that 4chan is worried about liberals' feelings is ludicrous.

Edit: To be clear, I don't think left-wingers are particularly thick skinned. Probably slightly more than right-wing equivalents, as your example actually shows, but there's not much thick skin to be found anywhere.

This comment was edited on Jan 14, 2018, 01:04.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

192. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 13, 2018, 21:45 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 19:39:
Eirikrautha wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 18:49:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 12:08:
Eirikrautha wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 10:48:

Funny you pick coal towns as your example. I've been to Chicago and Detroit (and Philly and Baltimore). You're more likely to encounter a shithole area in a city than in the country. But it's not like you have your own biases...

Wait, I thought the charitable explanation for why people support Trump is that it had nothing to do with race and solely to do with economics: that rural, ex-industrial areas are economically depressed, and that their residents feel left behind and looked down upon by the thriving urban areas. If you contend that in fact rural America is better off than urban America -- laughable but lets run with it -- then why exactly do you support Trump? Because he'll call predominantly black and brown countries shitholes and can can sexually assault women and get away with it?

Who says I support Trump? I just dislike leftist ideologues more (they've led to the death of way more people, especially in the 20th century). Secondly, having lived and worked in suburbs, small Appalachian towns, and in large, urban cities (including teaching in majority minority schools), the sheer danger to the resident of any small town is nothing compared with the slums of Baltimore, Shitcago, or Detroit. The primary difference is the arrogance of the urban elites. Somehow they feel they can look down from their upper middle-class enclaves (I guarantee neither you nor Beamer have ever lived in a place like Anacostia, DC... but I don't bother challenging him about this because he'll just make shit up, as usual) and moralize about the rural U.S. It's a little like being lectured on morality by Hollywood and all it's sexual predators. Physician, heal thyself...

I lived in Newark, NJ. Nice try. Now tell me who "left being ideagogues" have killed.

You're left-leaning, therefore you're basically Stalin. Remember, calling your opponent a Nazi is taboo. Calling your opponent worse than a Nazi is A-OK.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

184. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 13, 2018, 10:35 Quboid

Thanks eRe4s3r, that's an interesting read. Thumbsup  

175. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 13, 2018, 01:14 Quboid

Red886 wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 00:25:
NKD wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 23:26:
Quboid wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 23:04:

I do, and I know of no group so comprehensively - and conveniently - misinformed about Europe as right-wing Americans.

American right wingers think they know Europe better then Europeans. Thinking it's some hellhole where you get raped to death by a Muslim every time you walk out the door is their favorite thing to believe. Nevermind that natural-born Americans are much more prolific rapists than immigrants. If I had the money to get set up in some decent place in Europe, I'd move in a heartbeat. The normalization of Trump and the lack of any consequences for anything he does pretty much signals to me that this country is finished.

many European cities are now shitholes. And this is caused by a very poor and loose immigration policy and enforcement. Massive petty crime rates (which is why every tourist is warned about pickpockets and scams, street harassment and snatch thieves aka crime which is excluded in crime statistics published) and Poor hygiene (rubbish, graffiti, fading crumbling facades). Now Trump is trying to prevent this from happening and he is getting skewered everyday by mainstream media

Are you a right-wing American, by any chance? Do you have any specific examples of these shitholes? Do you think criminals targeting tourists is new or exclusive to Europe? Can you think of any reason why the people who have next to no chance of getting support from cities might want to scare people into mistrusting cities?

Sepharo wrote on Jan 13, 2018, 00:43:
Before the Muslim invasion, European cities were a shining beacon on a hill!
It was like the 1950s in America. Everything bright and white and alright! There was no crime and everyone lived together peacefully.

It was lovely. How I long for those carefree days of my childhood, guessing if the gunfire was paramilitary or police/army by the length of the bursts. How I long for the good old days when things across Europe were objectively worse.

169. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Jan 12, 2018, 23:04 Quboid

Darks wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 22:11:
Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 21:34:
Darks wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 20:54:
@ Beamer

Im not wasting anymore time with you, people like you will never listen, in your mind no matter what anyone says you are always right. You want an example, go find a dictionary.

Can't even name one thing. I mean, how can you be right when you can't name a single thing supporting your claim?

Where in a dictionary would I see middle easterners fucking up the US? Sounds more like an encyclopedia thing, but even then, I can't imagine anything they're doing that we're not already doing in greater numbers.

Its very apparent you dont pay attention to whats going on in Europe. Again, Delusional!!!

I do, and I know of no group so comprehensively - and conveniently - misinformed about Europe as right-wing Americans.

147. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 19:33 Quboid

Jeraxle wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 19:28:
Just for context, ** proceeds to complete ignore context **

No one really cares about a potty mouthed president. It's the context in which he said it.

Redeye9, please don't accuse people of shilling unless you have an actual reason - and thinking they're stupid doesn't count. It looks evasive, which you've no reason to be, and implies you can't comprehend people actually disagreeing with you.

96. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 16:38 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 16:23:
I didn't know the ESA was a go to source of such worldly importance, I wonder why they don't wield this power over removing lootboxes from games.

They're not, that's why you're reading this on a gaming site. Removing lootboxes, sadly, isn't really their job until publishers say it is.

Do you agree with Donald Trump's claim that more people attended his inauguration than Obama's?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 12, 2018, 16:15 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:56:
Are exploding batteries a bug or a feature? ;P

In a couple of years from now, their fans will be bragging about Apple inventing the exploding battery...

15. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 10:57 Quboid

scarlet wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:54:
Much easier to condemn your own President, huh? Everybodyís doing it. Youíre so hip. Why donít condemn corrupt governments that make these countries awful places to live? You donít, because that would truly be brave.

This has absoutely nothing to do with the diversity of this country, you buffoon. The only backward thinking I see is from you, ESA president.

"truly be brave", right...

Why would the ESA comment about other countries' governments? That's not their job.

13. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 10:48 Quboid

Red886 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:45:
100 years ago, back then America was underpopulated. And they work. Living of aid is shameful for them. And they were invited.

these days, every migrant (legal or not) wants to stay in the cities. And the illegals want social aid and political protection regardless of their status. And they are not invited.

I'm sure, 100 years ago, you'd be whining about the Irish and Italians, too, with the same words.

(OK, the cities thing is true, but the rest synced up so well. Anyway, have you seen the rubbish that too many people in rural areas believe about migrants? Would you want to live there?)

4. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 10:32 Quboid

Linthat22 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:09:
Then lets let all these bleeding hearts move to Haiti and tell us how great it is. Trump called Haiti a shithole, that's no different than calling Detroit a shithole.

Man, the media sure is twisting the weak minds of the populace.

It's the racial subtext of Trump's comment that's the problem, so it's completely different. Besides, that's not really something the US president should be calling places in the US either, is it?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 4, 2018, 12:57 Quboid

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 12:43:
The hilarious thing is the claim that they chose an "anti-bias" them, then pile on the bias so thick that you can cut it with a knife through the internet.

What are you referring to, the comments about GamerGate?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
57. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 15:59 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 15:11:
Beamer's comment implies police officers put themselves purposely in a situation where the only solution is deadly force. Your point and my point align and say police officers are trained both physically and mentally to avoid the situation Beamer suggested.

Dude, no. I meant that they should be trained for this, not that they adequately are (which I think - not sure - you meant), and even ignoring the post Beamer was agreeing with, jdreyer's interpretation seems obvious to me.

51. Re: : Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 14:29 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 14:11:
Quboid wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 14:00:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 13:50:
Quboid wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:56:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:51:
Beamer: "If a cop is ready to kill, he needs to be ready to die," implying the cop isn't enforcing the law but committing murder.

It seems obvious to me that Beamer meant that if someone chooses to put themselves in life-threatening situations - and is paid handsomely accordingly - then they should accept that they're going to be in life-threatening situations. That means accepting danger as part of the job, so not killing any possible, hypothetical threat as soon as possible.

All police officers are trained not to put themselves in life-threatening situations regardless of the fact that each situation has the potential to become one. In other words, police officers typically go into a situation with caution. They also go through extensive psyche evaluations to ensure they aren't half-cocked lethal weapons.

I don't know what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure it's not the news about a cop killing an unarmed civilian.

It's a direct reply to your reply. Has nothing to do with the original topic.

My point was that this is not the time to be talking about how cops aren't half-cocked lethal weapons. Cops are trained to avoid risking life, but any call out could be a life-threatening situation.

Was this a life-threatening situation? If so, according to you the cop was wrong for not following his training. If not, according to you he killed someone without justification. Who is "implying the cop isn't enforcing the law but committing murder."?

46. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 14:00 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 13:50:
Quboid wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:56:
Beamer: "If a cop is ready to kill, he needs to be ready to die," implying the cop isn't enforcing the law but committing murder.

It seems obvious to me that Beamer meant that if someone chooses to put themselves in life-threatening situations - and is paid handsomely accordingly - then they should accept that they're going to be in life-threatening situations. That means accepting danger as part of the job, so not killing any possible, hypothetical threat as soon as possible.

All police officers are trained not to put themselves in life-threatening situations regardless of the fact that each situation has the potential to become one. In other words, police officers typically go into a situation with caution. They also go through extensive psyche evaluations to ensure they aren't half-cocked lethal weapons.

I don't know what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure it's not the news about a cop killing an unarmed civilian.

43. Re: Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 11:56 Quboid

Quboid wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:44:
Retired wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 10:14:
I think anyone stating a human should die because of their job is a puke.

No one stated that, come on.

41. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 11:44 Quboid

Retired wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 10:14:
I think anyone stating a human should die because of their job is a puke.

No one stated that, come on.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
23. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 31, 2017, 11:42 Quboid

One isn't a human if their ideology doesn't show through. It's not bias if it's what they honestly think. What you're asking for is false balance between what a journalist believes is true and what they don't believe, which is the sort of logical fallacy which leads people to believe that these administrations are similarly bad because they're both heavily criticised.  

33. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 08:47 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 08:10:
Retired wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 08:05:
Or park down the street, point a shotgun mic at the house wall from 100' away, then call them. Listen to what's going on inside the house before, during, and after the call.

Illegal.
But it's legal to shoot an unarmed, innocent man who is pulling up their pants.

It's OK for a cop to break the law if they decide it might help them avoid breaking a more important law?

What's needed for that sort of surveillance? Is there a warrant, and if so how quickly can one be got?

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
20. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 22:50 Quboid

wtf_man wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 20:52:
My point was no media is in the middle. I think they all have bias.

Ideology and bias are completely different things. Any alignment can be sincere, any can be biased. I'd say CNN is central, but biased towards shallow sensationalism.

CNN looks a bit right-wing to me, because I'm centre-left. It sounds like you're centre-right and, as per my original point, you half-believe Fox when they tell you that their competitors are the evil liberal media.

6205 Comments. 311 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo