Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5663 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 8, 2016, 13:20 Quboid

Retired wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 21:31:
Corporations Avoid Taxes By Offshoring $2.5 Trillion — More Than The GDP Of France.

BUT TRUMP!

Nike pays less than 2% tax.

Do you think that Trump not paying tax is OK because others do it, or do you think that the media shouldn't be paying attention to presidential candidates a few weeks before the election?

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Mafia III Released
17. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 8, 2016, 10:24 Quboid

Nimh wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 10:05:
Quinn wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 09:35:
Luke wrote on Oct 8, 2016, 09:15:
Do you just not play it cos the character you play as in charge of your own mafia is black?

Well ya said it , why does everything today have to be black or gay or free breast , just ain't into all this politically correctnes it ruins more than it helps Clown Nothing helps if ya force it onto people....nothing!

Playing a black guy in this context is very interesting. What I hate is the disclaimer at the start of the game, apologizing to nutjobs like all Black Lives Matter followers and SJW.

Imagine a history teacher apologizing for talking about slavery back in the days.

It seemed like a well worded disclaimer to me. Of course it triggered someone.

If it didn't upset someone who would say "nutjobs like all Black Lives Matter followers", it's doing history wrong.

Anyone who thinks that a player's character not being a straight white male is automatically political correctness is exactly the sort of person who would benefit as a human by being exposed to more diversity.

This comment was edited on Oct 8, 2016, 13:11.

- Quboid

News Comments > Mafia III Released
5. Re: Mafia III Released Oct 7, 2016, 21:48 Quboid

The Half Elf wrote on Oct 7, 2016, 20:26:
REALLY in depth Mafia 3 review.

Seems the game is a clusterfuck no matter what system you play it on but has a really good story.

That's quite an encouraging review, I want it to be more story focused than sandbox focused.

I won't touch it until the frame rate is fixed and it is more stable.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
12. Re: Morning Mobilization Oct 7, 2016, 18:44 Quboid

Well said, SMA. There are certainly problems but I feel like so many people in the West have lost sight of how much worse things can get, and will get if people take the standard of life we have had for several decades for granted. Those people pointlessly arguing in rooms have largely replaced people pointlessly dying in fields.

In my opinion, the two big problems with US democracy are the influence of money and the two party system. If there could be an uprising that resulted in these being fixed a month later, great. But that's not how revolutions go 99% of the time. If there was an armed revolution in the US, as soon as the people vs government war was over it would immediately descend into a much bloodier liberal versus conservative civil war and goodness knows how that would end up. Maybe the South will rise again.

My hope is that Trump and Brexit will be a wake-up call for politicians because speaking of taking things for granted, holy hell have they been taking things for granted. It won't be an overnight fix but a change in mindset would help a lot more than tearing everything down. Sadly this would also mean being more populist and less elitist in some respects, that's generally not what I want but politicians representing their voters is more important.

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
9. Re: Where’s Polygon’s Mafia 3 review? Oct 6, 2016, 21:03 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 20:45:
Polygon was informed via a phone call from a 2K representative yesterday evening that 2K Games has decided not make the game available to press from any outlet prior to its release

And that right there is the reddest red flag a game can throw up.

This quite literally means they fully expect bad reviews.

And now the 30 FPS limit. This isn't looking good.

- Quboid

3. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 11:54 Quboid

Quboid wrote on Oct 6, 2016, 11:16:
Has anyone finished SpeedIN’ USB 3.0 S600 256GB Flash Drive? The last boss is hard

Aww Blue, you're no fun!

- Quboid

1. Re: Game Reviews Oct 6, 2016, 11:16 Quboid

Has anyone finished SpeedIN’ USB 3.0 S600 256GB Flash Drive? The last boss is hard  

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Oct 4, 2016, 11:53 Quboid

I doubt most developers could give many refunds as the E.A. money would have been spent. Valve wouldn't be thrilled to make up the shortfall.

Perhaps a partial refund. You (the customer) gets the usual 14 days / 2 hours for a full refund, after that you can get 50% back until 14 days after the full release. If Valve refund their 30%, the developer is only on the hook for 20% of the E.A. retail price.

Under this system, maybe the 20% could go into a holding account, paid to the developer only 14 days after launch. This would ensure the money is there to be refunded and give the developer a reason to finish version 1.0 of a game, rather than make unobtainable promises.

Defining a release version isn't easy but there needs to be some point at which the developer says "this is our implementation of what we promised; we might patch it, we might expand it, but this, now, is what we are putting our reputation on as a product we think is worth your time and money".

- Quboid

News Comments > Serious Sam VR Early Access This Month
2. Movement Oct 3, 2016, 22:37 Quboid

The trailer on Steam doesn't show the player moving at all. I wonder how they'll handle this, a teleport system perhaps.  

- Quboid

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Oct 2, 2016, 18:32 Quboid

It's not as scummy (and, at least in the UK, illegal) as raising the price before the sale but it still seems like they're trying to pull a fast one. Do they really think $50 is a fair market price? I doubt it, more like they keep it high to make sales look better: 90% off $50 sounds better than 50% off $10.

I presume they sell basically zero copies when it's not heavily discounted.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
10. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 2, 2016, 16:24 Quboid

Retired wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 15:21:
Quboid wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 10:07:
Retired wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 09:43:
Criticize Donald Trump, get your site smashed offline from Russia.

I don't feel bad for any of them. I don't think the media has been so one sided on a candidate EVER. I don't really care either way, no matter who wins Americans lose. It is all to obvious though when the media acts the way they do. I guess I am not surprised, they have gotten pretty bad over the last 10 years "reporting news".

It says a lot about this election that I have no idea who you think the media is one-sided in favour of. In favour of Trump (don't call out most of his lies, don't make enough fuss of alleged crimes; because they like his tax plan) or Hillary (do call out more lies by Trump, don't make enough fuss of alleged crimes; because they want business as usual).

? Any media outlet you go to has negative Trump news front page, 2/3 page coverage for the last 4 weeks......not sure what you are seeing.

Well to be fair, I'm not seeing any US newspapers or TV channels.

From what I see, Trump gets away with a hell of a lot. He gets lots of negative headlines because he does lots of negative things and it would be hugely biased if he didn't get more negative coverage. He wouldn't have had an article written about him allegedly breaking the Cuban embargo if there wasn't serious accusations that he broke the Cuban embargo.

How should the media cover it? 50/50 coverage for each major candidate?

- Quboid

8. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 2, 2016, 10:41 Quboid

Slick wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 23:45:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CtUkeCpWgAA69bE.jpg

If the monogram is supposed to hint something, those initials are the wrong way around.

- Quboid

7. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 2, 2016, 10:07 Quboid

Retired wrote on Oct 2, 2016, 09:43:
Criticize Donald Trump, get your site smashed offline from Russia.

I don't feel bad for any of them. I don't think the media has been so one sided on a candidate EVER. I don't really care either way, no matter who wins Americans lose. It is all to obvious though when the media acts the way they do. I guess I am not surprised, they have gotten pretty bad over the last 10 years "reporting news".

It says a lot about this election that I have no idea who you think the media is one-sided in favour of. In favour of Trump (don't call out most of his lies, don't make enough fuss of alleged crimes; because they like his tax plan) or Hillary (do call out more lies by Trump, don't make enough fuss of alleged crimes; because they want business as usual).

- Quboid

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
10. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 14:53 Quboid

Saboth wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 14:13:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 13:21:
This whole situation is terrible. Not that these guys should have succeeded in any lawsuit, but when a company makes a shitty game, it's not a free license to threaten their lives or the lives of their families, etc. even if it is "just on the internet."

The immediate dog pile on 'public' figures has gotten way out of hand the past 5-10 years, it seems.

Let a company making shitty games fail because they make shitty games and no one buys them. End of story. Don't take it upon yourself to harass them off the planet.

I agree. So they made junk games. They got in a tiff with a minor Youtube celebrity, then his fans harassed these guys for years in retaliation, and in return were subject to a frivolous lawsuit doomed to fail. There's no good guys in this story. Simply aholes dogpiling on aholes.

I have to wonder about those people. Not Sterling, who at least sticks to actual facts, but the mob. Who looks at Digital Homicide and thinks "those guys are assholes ... I'd better be even worse!".

- Quboid

News Comments > Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit
4. Re: Defunct Digital Homicide Drops Lawsuit Oct 1, 2016, 13:04 Quboid

Pr()ZaC wrote on Oct 1, 2016, 12:33:
They should Kickstart a new game and fund the lawsuit.

We all knew DH wouldn't succeed.

They're crowd funding their legal action. It's not going well.

https://www.gofundme.com/47uexn9c

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Into the Black Sep 29, 2016, 23:42 Quboid

Rhialto wrote on Sep 29, 2016, 21:29:
Why the link to Videosift instead of original post on Vimeo?

The videos are found via Videosift so they get credit.

- Quboid

News Comments > Bethesda.net Mod Comment Moderation
3. Re: Bethesda.net Mod Comment Moderation Sep 28, 2016, 21:45 Quboid

This is one way to stop accusations of plagiarism.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
7. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 28, 2016, 16:22 Quboid

I take it plenty of people have sent this in?
https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/09/28/asa-investigating-no-mans-skys-steam-advertising/

Popcorn

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Examined
86. Re: Star Citizen Examined Sep 27, 2016, 18:25 Quboid

descender wrote on Sep 27, 2016, 17:57:
Wow, a reddit post with 6 whole upvotes! This exemplifies your anti-SC brigade in a nutshell.

Reality isn't a popularity contest, Reddit points mean nothing. Is there anything in that post you disagree with?

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 27, 2016, 12:13 Quboid

They are referring to online cheating and were making the connection between using hacking software to break the rules and using hacking software to break the law. They worded it badly but not as badly as Motherboard worded their headline.

This comment was edited on Sep 27, 2016, 14:46.

- Quboid

5663 Comments. 284 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo