Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
United Kingdom 06/02

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5936 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 15, 2017, 16:29 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 15:17:
Tumblr hates unions, film at 11.

I thought they only hated cisgendered straight white males?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Game Reviews
26. Re: Game Reviews Mar 15, 2017, 16:27 Quboid

peteham wrote on Mar 15, 2017, 15:46:
Finishing this rant; Noclip did this vid recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2g_0QQRjYY .. Has a segment with Jonathan Blow talking about "Ubi-style" games and how they don't really need 3D-graphics anymore, you could just have the HUD markers Recommended viewing.

I've been playing more of the utterly generic Ghost Recon Wildlands and I noticed that I was spending as much time looking at the map and minimap as I as looking at the actual 3D graphics. Outside of combat, I would hold W and navigate by the minimap with basically zero actual immersion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
5. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 15, 2017, 15:53 Quboid

How does them checking your stuff actually work? What if your phone's email client doesn't have any accounts defined? What if you don't have the Facebook app installed?

Beamer, what does "Depending on your you look", is that "on where you look (for your statistics)" or "on how you look (racial profiling)"?

I feel like it hasn't occurred to them that just because it's not unconstitutional doesn't mean they have to do it. Like, it could be legal for them to do this but they not do it anyway because it's a stupid idea.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Mar 15, 2017, 01:07 Quboid

I hope the perp would be charged with reckless endangerment (which is effectively attempted manslaughter).

Surveillance by drone or helicopter would be a lot safer for civilians. Even if the perps were in a hurry, without cops on their tail they wouldn't push quite as hard. However these could be beaten by switching car in a multi-story or running into a mall or forest so perhaps in some cases a road chase is appropriate.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
40. Re: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10572 Mar 13, 2017, 16:27 Quboid

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 16:20:
hey genius - 69% of 577 is not 575

You also said 575 reviews previously. There have been 2 new reviews since.

38. Re: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10572 Mar 13, 2017, 16:18 Quboid

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 14:54:
Quboid wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 13:09:
Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 13:04:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 04:49:
I wouldn't write off Torment based on the opinions of the vocal minority.

Maybe you wouldmt, but thats because you are biased.

Torment: Tides of Numenera
User reviews:
OVERALL: Mixed (575 reviews)

"mixed" doesnt refer to a minority, it refers to an even split, hence the word "mixed"

"69% of the 575 user reviews for this game are positive"

31% is definitely a minority.

it depends on where you look

OVERALL:
Mixed (577 reviews) (this summary uses only reviews purchased directly from steam)

and if that invalidates any opposing viewpoint for you, great - go make gaming great again in your private echo chamber of cognitive bias that only accommodates supporting viewpoints... and by all means, do enjoy yourself

I don't care, I'm just pointing out the fact that it is a minority. I only checked because your use of such a vague metric looked suspicious. As does complaining about echo chambers because someone disagreed with you.

35. Re: http://www.rpgcodex.net/content.php?id=10572 Mar 13, 2017, 13:09 Quboid

Agent-Zero wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 13:04:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 04:49:
I wouldn't write off Torment based on the opinions of the vocal minority.

Maybe you wouldmt, but thats because you are biased.

Torment: Tides of Numenera
User reviews:
OVERALL: Mixed (575 reviews)

"mixed" doesnt refer to a minority, it refers to an even split, hence the word "mixed"

"69% of the 575 user reviews for this game are positive"

31% is definitely a minority.

33. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 13, 2017, 11:35 Quboid

Verno wrote on Mar 13, 2017, 08:55:
In case anyone was wondering, Wildlands is a soulless piece of shit. Same shitty formula from Far Cry with outposts combined with the Ubisoft Terrain Generator 2.0. The world feels empty and pointless, much like your generic and repetitive objectives in it.

It is a bad game.

That's my opinion too. I didn't expect much and I'm still disappointed by how generic everything feels.

News Comments > Cities: Skylines Free DLC Plans
5. Re: Cities: Skylines Free DLC Plans Mar 11, 2017, 23:05 Quboid

Sepharo wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 17:11:
It's such a good game. Even just the vanilla release alone.
I'm still playing my first city, so I haven't even experienced any of the expansion packs or new features... but someday I'll start that second one and get to play with a bunch of new mechanics.

No mods?

I sunk hundreds of hours into this during ill-health after its release. I'm a little burned out on it for now but I'll definitely be going back.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2017, 23:25.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2017, 19:03 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 17:04:
Quboid wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 16:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 15:45:
Six more Alien movies? Nothing more than public masturbation...

Hey if Xenomorphs are your thing that's none of my business but cinemas are not the place to jack off. Wait until it's out on VHS or whatever.
I suspect you know this, but for the record: I meant it was Ridley Scott's public masturbation... and unfortunately if the films are made they will be in the cinemas.

I think you're right. Like the many Avatar sequels, it smacks of someone who is indulging their ego.

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 11, 2017, 16:24 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 11, 2017, 15:45:
Six more Alien movies? Nothing more than public masturbation...

Hey if Xenomorphs are your thing that's none of my business but cinemas are not the place to jack off. Wait until it's out on VHS or whatever.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution: Beyond the Walls Released
4. Re: Homefront: The Revolution: Beyond the Walls Released Mar 8, 2017, 23:34 Quboid

Sweet, Blue, you get to experience a totalitarian regime from rural Pennsylvania and if you get bored, you could also play this game!  

News Comments > Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released
23. Re: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands Released Mar 7, 2017, 18:40 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 7, 2017, 17:29:
You really don't get why people compare this to JC and MGS:V ? Gee, I dunno, maybe because of open world sandbox, base conquest, missions targets that you have "eliminate" however you want? Missions that you can approach however you want? "freeing" areas by capturing bases (MGS:V had this not at all, but if you destroyed the HQ and coms in the area things get a lot more relaxed in the open world....) and most importantly, vehicles you can control when and how you want?

So how is this concept "nothing at all like it" ? Isn't it open world do what you want how you want blow shit up and kill all red stuff sandbox? Then you may wanna tell that to Twitch streamers...

It has plenty of similarities and appears to follow the same open-world blueprint but from the beta, I wouldn't say it's the same as JC3. JC3 was about explosions and wingsuits, this seems to be about stealth and CQC.

Shame it is third person. I also played the Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 beta which did seem comparable to Wildlands but it's designed for solo play and it's 1st person so I'm keeping a closer eye on that. Co-op is great fun but actually getting 4 people online together long enough to complete a campaign isn't something that I can arrange very often.

13. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2017, 17:39 Quboid

Simon Says wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 16:19:
Quboid wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 10:09:
Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 09:56:
"This behavior destroys morale, erodes trust and degrades the individual," the Marine Corps says in a statement about what it calls "social media misconduct."

For real? So traveling the world and killing people en masse is perfectly acceptable but looking at some nudie picks is an unforgivable crime. What planet are those people from? Rolleyes

They're soldiers. Being mean to the enemy is what they are supposed to do. Being mean to their own side is not what they're supposed to do.

"Being mean"

That must be the biggest euphemism for "commiting mass murder" that I've ever seen...

I figured I should explain that in a way that would make sense to the sort of person who needs that explained: as if they're six.

2. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 6, 2017, 10:09 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Mar 6, 2017, 09:56:
"This behavior destroys morale, erodes trust and degrades the individual," the Marine Corps says in a statement about what it calls "social media misconduct."

For real? So traveling the world and killing people en masse is perfectly acceptable but looking at some nudie picks is an unforgivable crime. What planet are those people from? Rolleyes

They're soldiers. Being mean to the enemy is what they are supposed to do. Being mean to their own side is not what they're supposed to do.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
19. Re: Hidden message Mar 5, 2017, 21:52 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 21:25:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 20:52:
Ah, humanity. Just when I thought you couldn't drop to a new low, people are licking electronics coated in a horrible chemical.

It makes me wonder how we even survived this long as a species.

Also in my day: we just BLEW on the cartridges, when they didn't work.

I saw a chimp eat its own poop once, so at least we've evolved from that. For the most part.

Yeah, we've evolved to do this with two girls, one cup Puke

19. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 5, 2017, 11:45 Quboid

Trump just tweeted about this ... well, they do say comedy is all about timing.  

29. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2017, 10:47 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 09:21:
Quboid wrote on Mar 5, 2017, 00:09:
Who is that?
In the photo with Trump you mean? Assuming that's what you are asking -- it is Rod Serling, long time host/narrator of the very memorable and well known TV series, "The Twilight Zone".

Thank you, that makes sense now.

27. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 5, 2017, 00:09 Quboid

Dacote wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 21:54:
BobBob wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 21:06:
This sums it up how I feel lately.
It is a dimesion as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is in the middle ground between Democrats and Republicans, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the trump Zone.

Who is that?

23. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 4, 2017, 18:44 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 4, 2017, 18:15:

A warrant and wiretap of a suspected terrorist sympathizer and russian synchophant like trumpie is a smart move. Obama, still stirring up shit after retirement.

Not by the White House, that's not their jurisdiction (he said, probably taking RedEye9's comment too seriously).

5936 Comments. 297 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo