Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5665 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Space Engineers Sales Soar
3. Re: Space Engineers Sales Soar Oct 29, 2015, 11:39 Quboid

Very impressive. Now how about, you know, actually finishing it ... over 2 years since its release!  

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hitman Trailer
5. Re: Hitman Trailer Oct 28, 2015, 23:27 Quboid

Techie714 © wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 23:24:
I dont know if it was the graphics or the animations but the people seemed a little "blocky" looking....particularly the arms?

The way 47's arm swings seems very rigid, I think some animation needs more work. It looks very good otherwise.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 28, 2015, 13:21 Quboid

EricFate wrote on Oct 28, 2015, 10:31:
Not *may* lose revenue. If someone signs up for a service, uses that service to view your monetized content, and your payout is a weighted percentage of the subscription fee the service is meant to be collecting from them, then any percentage of $0.00 is $0.00.

The people that are going to subscribe to a commercial free service? Those aren't the people who already have ad-blockers installed.

Yes I am. I use an adblocker but I intend to subscribe to this when it is available because I do want content creators and content hosters to get paid.

Besides, just because subscribers aren't paying doesn't mean that the content creators need to lose out.

- Quboid

News Comments > DMCA Changes for Abandoned Games
6. Re: DMCA Changes for Abandoned Games Oct 27, 2015, 17:40 Quboid

Good good, it's a nice surprise when sensible things happen.  

- Quboid

News Comments > PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up
22. Re: PAYDAY 2 Microtransactions Follow-up Oct 26, 2015, 22:35 Quboid

I wonder how many other studios are watching this and saying "erm, you know that pay to win mechanic we were thinking of adding? Let's not!".  

- Quboid

News Comments > Fallout 4 Preload Plans
5. Re: Fallout 4 Preload Plans Oct 26, 2015, 20:06 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Oct 26, 2015, 19:59:
A console port of epic proportions?

I'll definitely wait for some reports before buying. I haven't been following it closely to avoid hype but I am very likely to buy it ... if it's not a mess.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 23, 2015, 23:24 Quboid

He gave away a third of the shares he owns, worth of course $200,000,000.

No pleasing some people...

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 23, 2015, 12:22 Quboid

Necrophob wrote on Oct 23, 2015, 11:40:
"Many Antidepressant Studies Found Tainted by Pharma Company Influence"

I guess I'd be shocked, if I wasn't so jaded. Maybe there's a pill for that?

I think it's more of a powder.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 22, 2015, 21:14 Quboid

I'm tempted to get a subscription, but that is a bit pricey. I would rather throw a few bucks a month at a site I visit often than see ads, including Bluesnews.

I can understand why creators are effectively being forced to agree to this. YouTube needs this content to be available ad-free to subscribers or the whole subscription service is pointless.

I'm pretty sure we're all at least 3 times the age of PewDiePie's audience and at the risk of sounding like a cultural sophisticate, most of us have at least 3 times the IQ as well.

- Quboid

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
9. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 19, 2015, 18:26 Quboid

I'd be surprised if organised crime wasn't involved in eSports. Young, stereotypically unsocial kids are rip for exploitation; add gambling and it's a perfect target. I don't know what there is in terms of support for players but I would guess that it is less developed than established sports so they'd be more isolated.

I'm not saying eSports are rife with match or spot fixing, but the potential is there so there are sure to be some instances all over the globe.

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
9. Re: Sunday Interviews Oct 18, 2015, 13:10 Quboid

I buy FIFA every year (the game, not the organisation - it's too pricey) and to be honest I'd be rather miffed if it wasn't essentially the same as the previous version because they're both trying to achieve exactly the same thing. I want squad rosters and tournaments for the new season and a year's refinement in the simulation, controls and graphics. I don't like everything they add, change or remove but I get better value for my money than pretty any other full price game.

Cutter wrote on Oct 18, 2015, 10:03:
And that's the problem with bean counters who run creative companies. EA has a ton of old titles that would be amazeballs and sell like hotcakes if brought up to date.

Darn bean counters, refusing to rehash the same old stuff for easy money ... wait, what?

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
29. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 15, 2015, 22:19 Quboid

Awful news, I hope he beats this.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black Oct 15, 2015, 19:38 Quboid

You made it!  

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Into the Black Oct 14, 2015, 20:00 Quboid

Good luck, Blue! Thumbsup Yes that was intentional :-)  

- Quboid

News Comments > Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access
76. Re: Star Citizen Has 1M Backers; More Get Alpha Access Oct 14, 2015, 15:21 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:40:
Dreagon wrote on Oct 14, 2015, 11:09:
I wonder how much of that money they're wasting on big actors?

Figure about 4-5 million per A-List actor for 4 months of voice acting and MoCap performance.

- Gary Oldman (5 million)
- Mark Hamill (5 million)
- Mark Strong (5 million)
- Gillian Anderson (4 million)
- Andy Serkis (5 million)

Then about 500k - 2 million for B,C,D-List actors for the same work.

- Sophie Wu (1 million)
- Sandi Gardiner (500k)
- Craig Fairbrass (500k)
- Liam Cunningham (2 million)
- Ben Mendelsohn (2 million)
- Ian Duncan (500k)
- Jack Huston (2 million)
- John Rhys Davies (1 million)
- Rhona Mitra (1.5 million)
- Gemma Whelan (1 million)
- Harry Treadaway (1 million)

Conservative estimated total: $37,000,000

This reminds me of the joke "95% of people on benefits [welfare] are scroungers, and that's a Conservative estimate."

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 13, 2015, 00:13 Quboid

The original 14-year sentence never made sense when there is a specific law on the books against laser strikes with this 5-year sentence. This is over-simplifying but no one is going to decide that it's worth doing because it's 'only' 5 years. That's a long time.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Refunds
12. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition Refunds Oct 12, 2015, 16:28 Quboid

ldonyo wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 16:08:
BitWraith wrote on Oct 12, 2015, 14:53:
what does that even mean? we're accepting refunds from customers.
That is certainly the way they phrased it. If they think their statement clears anything up, they need to hire an English tutor. It's like they used Google Translate to generate their statement.

It must mean that they're accepting refund *requests* but it's very badly phrased. I've no idea if the free game is for people who take the refund, people who stick with it, or both.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
4. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Oct 10, 2015, 21:46 Quboid

HorrorScope wrote on Oct 10, 2015, 19:12:
Yep just being real.

'Complex passwords do not usually frustrate attackers, yet they make daily life much harder for users,' the agency warns

I feel it is still good practice to have a least a couple of levels needed. 1. Sites you should have a different password for and 2. Sites like a Blue's where a standard can be used across several, because there is no monetary risks.

I abandoned "@#T#dqh$*234" long ago to a pattern of a few things to cover requirements and if a special character, always end in a !. So at least it rolls of my tongue if needed. Just has to be different.

For sites without monetary risk or much personal information, I suggest a simple password formula based on the URL. This means that a badly (or un-)encrypted site getting compromised doesn't lead to numerous accounts being vulnerable. Even just adding the first letter of the URL to your standard password keeps each one unique while being easy to remember.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
7. Re: Saturday Metaverse Oct 10, 2015, 15:24 Quboid

That's impressive, well done to him.

I don't see what is "beyond fucked up" in this case. He deserves this money more than YouTube, who would be keeping it if he somehow didn't get a cut. It would be nice for me if YouTube didn't show ads or try to make money but something not being for my benefit doesn't make it messed up. He's been watched well over a billion times, he's as entitled to material success as much as any entertainer.

Maybe it would be nice if doctors and teachers got this sort of reward but there's nothing new here with regards to that and he's not doing anything I wouldn't like to.

- Quboid

News Comments > Prison Architect Released
5. Re: Prison Architect Released Oct 6, 2015, 21:44 Quboid

I played an early version and it was a lot of fun. I'm worried that it's become a bit micromanagement heavy since as there have been a lot of new features but I'm looking forward to seeing what it's like.

Most of the Let's Plays on my subscribed list are sponsored. That's not great but at least they have appropriate disclosure.

- Quboid

5665 Comments. 284 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo