Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Fort Collins, CO 03/24

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5877 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
18. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 21, 2017, 19:48 Quboid

So yes, a few dozen outlets reporting on a controversy involving someone with 50 million subscribers does seem suspicious to you. The media certainly has problems but your dislike of people disagreeing with you is not one of them.

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 04:35:
The irony of using the word bigot, when you engage in actual bigotry.

Oh, do please elaborate, since you've already made the accusation that you totally don't make. Is this because I criticise harass GamerGate by pointing out its flaws, which is basically like religious discrimination?

Do you think Milo Yianwhatever is getting a hard time too?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
86. Re: Origin Access Free Trial Feb 20, 2017, 19:35 Quboid

Rigs wrote on Feb 20, 2017, 13:36:
Slick and CJ can go into long winded rants on a variety of subjects and I see NO ONE complaining

I have seen complaints against other people, including Slick. I don't mind long posts as long as there's a reason and not just waffle but that's a bit subjective. With a couple of people (like space captain) I think it's in your best interests to be concise as comprehensive answers just gives them more to misunderstand.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

News Comments > Steam Top 10
11. Re: Steam Top 10 Feb 19, 2017, 20:28 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Feb 19, 2017, 20:04:
The all caps version is outselling the lower case version.

And vice versa

13. Re: On Sale Feb 19, 2017, 15:32 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Feb 18, 2017, 17:35:
My aunt passed away this morning at 6:09 AM PST.

Sorry to hear that.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
13. Re: Evening Metaverse Feb 18, 2017, 15:23 Quboid

What do GamerGaters think they are proving when they show lots of news stories about a particular topic? Is it supposed to prove some sort of conspiracy?

This is what caused GamerGate, idiots and bigots lashing out at people who point out that they're idiots and/or bigots. Citing the Daily Stormer is both.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
8. Re: Morning Safety Dance Feb 17, 2017, 18:04 Quboid

ledhead1969 wrote on Feb 17, 2017, 16:26:
I replied to another fake news post that his phone is not unsecured. FFS

And? What were you expecting?

39. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 18:05 Quboid

Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 17:06:
all you have to say is "worst pain Ive ever felt"... but if that diminishes your argument too much, sorry, buck it up

It was just a throw-away comment, you know perfectly well what he meant.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 16, 2017, 16:55 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Feb 16, 2017, 01:35:
nin wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 18:06:
Agent-Zero wrote on Feb 15, 2017, 17:26:
so fragile... so very fragile

Oh, please keep it up! I can't wait for you to be banned again!

Not really something we should be hoping for or getting excited about, IMHO.

Not usually, but for Agent-Zero I would make an exception. How many chances has he had? I can think of 2 previous accounts but I'm sure there have been others and it's not as if Blue bans people on a whim.

News Comments > Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint?
6. Re: Watch Dogs 2 Updated Ending Offers Hint? Feb 15, 2017, 13:44 Quboid

I liked the characters, unlike in the original Watch Dogs. It seems like they should have been annoying but somehow they managed to strike a balance between being silly and being in on the joke.

The stealth system wasn't great and killing hundreds of innocent and not-so-innocent-but-not-deserving-death people jars with the vigilante hacktivist jibe but it's still the best GTA game since San Andreas in my opinion.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2017, 15:51 Quboid

Dev wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 09:33:
Dude obviously doesn't read Valve's interviews or even press releases... where they describe how they went away from using humans in this process BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO DO THE GRUNT WORK.

Valve KNOWS that that would fix it, they did it that way before greenlight. They just choose not to, because no one wants to wheel there desks over. It becomes playing games for a job then, not for fun.
You know all the crazy hats in TF2? That makes the game fun for the devs. So they do it.

This guy is also in denial about the flat management structure, he specifically references it in the story.

Nearly every crazy thing about valve can be explained by these factors, and it all becomes quite logical.

The column does reference Valve's weird structure by saying they "damn well need [job titles]". This seems like a logical solution to me, go back to what worked and get people to look after the store by hiring people to look after the store. Valve can afford it and I think it's in their benefit in the long term.

51. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 17:09 Quboid

I see Colbert and BobBob's point about faith in science/reality. I haven't personally checked the maths behind E=mc^2 but I believe it to be true because I have faith in the scientific community to get most things right, and to deal with mistakes in a sensible manner. I have faith, but I don't have blind faith because I could check the maths and I have done for many other formulae. No one tells me I shouldn't ask questions, that science works in mysterious ways, or that I need to get past a paywall to learn what Xenu thinks of my Thetan.

descender wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 14:09:
In the end, we only deny the existence of one more god than you do.

If you destroyed every holy book in the world and waited a thousand years they wouldn't all come back and be exactly the same. If you destroyed every bit of science we have and waited a thousand years it would all come back exactly the same.

I love this clip. It has to be one of the more concise arguments I've seen highlighting the absurdity of believing in any particular religion.

I'm being pedantic because I agree with this in spirit, but I don't think that's strictly true. Our understanding of science is sometimes wrong and different errors would occur in the new science books.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2017, 11:40 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:57:
Why do you need an online elevator? Just one more thing for the haxxors to control. I can see it now trapping people in them with ransomware so they can't get out until the pay.

Haha that would never happen ... oh wait!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 10:35 Quboid

Good luck on the move. Isn't BlueFarm where Smurfs are bred?  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 12, 2017, 16:33 Quboid

ledhead1969 wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 14:28:
Blame Obama, it was proposed under his watch.

Who do you think proposed this, and when? Do you think Trump should continue this?

17. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 18:36 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 18:30:
Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:16:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:00:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 15:44:
Amazing how you all keep talking about political stuff on a video game site. It's almost as silly as a Christian talking about Bible stuff on a video game site, amirite? Wacko

Meh, those Christian conversations tended to be pretty one-sided...

Even more so with Muslims. It's hard to argue with them, particularly with your head cut off.
Exactly this. Once someones been brainwashed and it has been hung out to dry, there is not much to discuss.

You mean extremists, whether Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Star Citizen or whatever? Please don't fall into the same West vs Muslim narrative that ISIS, Trump, Bannon and Cutter are pushing.

13. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 17:57 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 17:22:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:00:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 15:44:
Amazing how you all keep talking about political stuff on a video game site. It's almost as silly as a Christian talking about Bible stuff on a video game site, amirite? Wacko

Meh, those Christian conversations tended to be pretty one-sided...

Studying the Bible kind of gives someone the ability to do that, just like discussing math with a mathematician gives them the ability to handle the subject well. Also, I wouldn't call it a conversation if it tends to descend into personal attacks. I don't mind discussing the Bible and Christianity with people but when it turns hostile then I'm good. Anyhow, the point of my cheeky comment is to say most of you have "kindly" asked me not to discussion the Bible, Religion, or Christianity on this site because it's about video games (a worthy point). So in kind, I would ask you all not to discuss politics because, again, this site is about video games. That seems fair to me.

Have I ever made religious discussion feel unwelcome? I don't think I have but I'm quick to snark and maybe I've said things that weren't the harmless fun that I intended. I'm not religious but I don't want to hassle someone because they are.

The old "no religion, no politics" rule that pubs often have might be a good idea.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2017, 16:20 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:14:
Fear is running high among immigrant communities since President Donald Trump's inauguration

Why would they be nervous if they're here legally?

Hey look, it's that white privilege you want to pretend doesn't exist.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 00:24 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 14:56:
Lets ignore the part about how you believe fake news and don't understand the topic at hand.
I was only posting other disproportionate sentences, you're the one who changed it to a subject that you don't understand and injected race. But I'm the racist troll, those arguing skills you learned in kindergarten are still paying off. Nice try, but no cigar. I am sure you have fox running on a big screen tv like it's wallpaper, please go watch some more while you spiral down the rabbit hole.

I don't think Bats did inject race, I think you're reading too much into "those people". I don't agree with much that he says on this topic but he typically seems more apathetic than anything. Like when he complained about the "hatred" from people protesting inequality, he didn't actually realise he was essentially complaining about uppity minorities who should know their place. It probably didn't occur to him that these sentences affect different parts of society disproportionately too. (BTW I took this as a reference to race, so I thought you brought up the subject.)

I've no idea why anyone would say this makes you racist other than "I know you are but what I am" playground logic.

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
37. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 7, 2017, 23:00 Quboid

Thanks MajorD.

Xero wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 21:02:
I don't have this game but was curious to see what all the fuss was about. After viewing this video, I'm honestly shocked at the amount of space they are asking when I could not tell a difference from vanilla to hd...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwJDIP_PMc

Crazy.

I was going to comment that YouTube isn't kind to texture detail so this isn't a fair comparison - but even with that in mind, the difference is so minimal. I'll probably just hit up Nexus Mods when I want to play it and get the best texture packs there. Maybe they will have adopted the more useful parts of the official pack.

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
33. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 7, 2017, 19:06 Quboid

MajorD wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 13:04:
And to enhance your textures even more for FO4, check this texture mod out. I've tested both the 2K (Performance Version) and the 4K versions, and from what I experienced the 4K is overkill and not even worth the performance hit, as the 2K is more than enough.

Do you run with both this texture pack and the official hi-res one, or do both packs cover many of the same textures?

5877 Comments. 294 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo