Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5364 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
36. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 18:03 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 16:45:
"The Troubles" possibly the most understated name for a conflict ever...

I've heard some of the talking heads say it could be the end of the EU. That Spain and Italy were kind of thinking about it already, and now that Britain got it started...

"May you live in interesting times."

I'm not so sure. All over the EU, countries have their own eurosceptics who are calling for referendums now but that's just inevitable, they feel vindicated and relevant. But will countries with economies as fragile as Italy and Spain look at the pound and think "we need this"? That's hard to imagine. Almost as hard as imagining the UK would vote Leave...

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 24, 2016, 16:33 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 16:11:
Creston wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 13:43:
I also think it'll be the end of the United Kingdom. There's no way Scotland stays in the UK now, and similar noises are already coming out of Ireland.
Yeah, that will be unfortunate. Oh well, Britain... "You asked for it, you got it!"

I feel like I might well be moving to the EU member the Republic of Scotland in a few years.

I don't think Northern Ireland will change. A huge, huge majority of the people who I have heard talking about a united Ireland have either been Irish or nationalist Northern Irish. In other words, people who already wanted a united Ireland are saying they want a united Ireland. All that's changed is the divisions run a bit deeper and we're one step closer back to The Troubles.

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: tinyBuild respond to G2A's three day ultimatum with one of their own Jun 24, 2016, 15:51 Quboid

NetHead wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 09:44:
pcinvasion.com wrote:
and Deconstructing G2A’s inadequate responses to tinyBuild.

Wow, that "pcinvasion" website is clearly all about reporting news and not at all about putting their own slant and opinion on it.

Freaking "journalists"...

As for tinyBuild crying about G2A, a digital pawnshop, lol. Revoke the keys or stop crying. In future revoke them automatically. Crying isn't going to solve your problems.

That's not claiming to be a news article. It's filed in the same section as the "Quake is 20" article, not their news section.

tinyBuild are in the right and G2A are perfectly well aware of it. They just doesn't care because they're profiting along with the criminals. Are you?

This comment was edited on Jun 24, 2016, 16:00.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
2. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 24, 2016, 15:42 Quboid

Oh silly Arstechnica. Haven't they heard, because some people label criticism as harassment, there is no such thing as harassment?  

- Quboid

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
87. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 24, 2016, 09:35 Quboid

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 08:39:
Quboid wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 22:12:
Glory Kills are forced on the player in that these weird, unbelievable stunned enemies that regenerate health if you don't finish them off.

And when you keep shooting them? What happens then?

They die. So if you're fighting a crowd of enemies, you have to focus your fire on the one which is not a threat.

Alternatively, you need the health or ammo so you have to focus on not hitting that enemy, because being careful not to hurt demons is definitely what I play Doom for.

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2016, 08:57 Quboid

nin wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 08:38:
Quboid wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 00:30:
Oh God I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I did everything I could but I'm just so sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5R_pS0h5Qk

(I voted Remain.)

Yeah, quite the ways to wake up to this morning...at least Cameron is out...

Cameroon is better than whoever could replace him now.

ForgedReality: The UK just voted to leave the EU, despite this obviously being a terrible idea pushed by bigots and idiots. This is our version of electing Trump.

I mentioned that £350m to the NHS was the biggest lie - they admitted this won't happen *in their victory speech*. Shameless.

- Quboid

1. Re: Into the Black Jun 24, 2016, 00:30 Quboid

Oh God I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I did everything I could but I'm just so sorry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5R_pS0h5Qk

(I voted Remain.)

- Quboid

News Comments > DOOM Demo Extended
83. Re: DOOM Demo Extended Jun 23, 2016, 22:12 Quboid

Glory Kills are forced on the player in that these weird, unbelievable stunned enemies that regenerate health if you don't finish them off. Even if you don't do the kill, the effects can not be avoided. (I turned off the shine, they still look silly.)

It's ridiculously pedantic to claim that they are optional just because the actual action isn't forced on you. They are pushed on the player in every fight and the game is balanced accordingly.

Glory kills are optional in the same way that completing Dark Souls with a fake guitar is an option. I'd agree with that.

- Quboid

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2016, 19:40 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 17:56:
Beyond all that -- even if you were correct right about all that... thinking you are going to get a better decision out of the electorate is lunacy. As I said, all your going to get is the decision pushed by popular talk radio hosts and major media outlets.

Wisdom of the Crowd. People on the extreme on each side will, in theory, cancel each other out. Apparently it's remarkably effective at estimating the number of jelly beans in a jar and really, isn't politics all about estimating jelly beans?

- Quboid

46. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2016, 16:13 Quboid

MattyC wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 20:26:
Quboid wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 18:22:
As someone who was still on dialup into the new millennium

Everyone stay calm... If he didn't touch you, cough on you, or look in your general direction you should be fine. The rest of you will need to gather all the steel wool and matches you can carry while we unsoiled flee to safety.

Elitist!

- Quboid

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2016, 14:38 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Jun 23, 2016, 11:00:
Best comment I've heard about Brexit was someone saying (paraphrased): "A lot of the people I've talked to in favor of leaving sound a lot like Trump supporters." I'm sure that caused some laughs and clenched fists.

The pathetic thing is that the posters these people have up all over the place say that the money they pretend we spend on the EU would be better spent on the NHS. That's Michael Gove and Boris Johnson making this claim.

This is like like the Tea Party claiming that immigration should be stopped so that Obamacare can be funded. Not only is it based on a lie but the notion that these far right nutjobs (who will be in power if Leave wins) would spend the supposed saving on government healthcare is insulting.

- Quboid

36. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2016, 18:22 Quboid

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 17:39:
Here in Calgary, Alberta.. I was one of the first people to ever get a Coaxial Cable Modem, the 1996 Cyber Wave modem that was white. I used to ping about 30 ms on quake servers back then and I was definitely a LPB. But the bane of an LPB was always a HPB which would warp step around the map... hard to predictive shoot and kill those guys, which is why those lag switches were introduced for cheating.

As someone who was still on dialup into the new millennium, I will always play the world's tiniest violin for LPBs who were affected by me and my fellow members of the 200 Plus club. Oh gee, sorry MY SUFFERING isn't pleasant for you to look at.

- Quboid

24. Re: In other news.... Jun 22, 2016, 15:22 Quboid

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 15:08:
Took longer then expected but I am officially a High School Graduate.

Graduation gifts should be limited to Steam Gift Cards, Alcohol delivered to my door, and a full body massage by Chris Evans (Captain America suit is optional, but must bring the shield).

Special thanks to Batz for all his help, support, and someone I could aspire to be like, especially after this last year.

You wot mate?

Congratulations!

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
4. Re: Morning Metaverse Jun 22, 2016, 13:52 Quboid

nin wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 13:24:
Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 13:10:
Ads would very likely kill Netflix for me. If they do that I might as well go back to just watching TV.

I agree. A few buck more a month is nothing compared to the constant interruptions.

And I think they know that. Or at least I hope they do.

They know that this would only cost them 50% of their subscribers.

Alternatively, these polls only really answer the questions "Do you want ads" and "Do you want to pay more".

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Fools and their money Jun 22, 2016, 13:34 Quboid

Mk III. Not exactly "exactly" the same actually.  

- Quboid

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2016, 13:29 Quboid

Creston wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 13:06:
Man, I haven't heard the term LPB in a loooooooooooooong time.

Happy Birthday, Quake!

Knowing this is definitely a sign of old age. Like knowing what the "save" icon represents.

- Quboid

5. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 22, 2016, 10:17 Quboid

nin wrote on Jun 22, 2016, 09:54:
Quake: The game that made everyone guy buy a pentium, and then a card that ran glide...

Also...

edit:
CBS Sets Fall 2016 Premiere Dates.

Slow day?

I've just realised that I have never listened to the music from either Quake or the original Doom. Not the soundtracks, not in-game. I should really do something about that.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Fools and their money Jun 21, 2016, 23:21 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 22:16:
In other news, bitcoin was spotted driving around in a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTO

I wonder what it's like to drive that. Shameless segue: I've been driving a 1972 Triumph GT6 (exactly like this but with the wheel on the other side, and with more rust) a bit recently. It's fun when you've got a clear road but it's quite a lot of work in heavy traffic, driving quickly is easier (relatively quick - it's slower than most vehicles).

It looks and sounds cool, so everyone knows I have a huge penis. Right?

- Quboid

1. Re: Into the Black Jun 21, 2016, 22:18 Quboid

Anyone watching the Copa America? It's getting a little Messi for the US men's soccer team.

Has Archer been good recently? I saw the episodes back when they were called ISIS but haven't seen after season ... 4? It ended in space, verging on jumping the shark.

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Jun 21, 2016, 16:43 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jun 21, 2016, 15:52:
Supercell's operating income last year was about 1 billion, btw. And there's your valuation.

Not if mobile developers continue to be one-hit wonders; if that's the case then Supercell have peaked. I am certainly no expert but I haven't heard of any of their other games.

Tencent now own the 2 highest grossing games of 2015, according to an article linked near the bottom of this one.

- Quboid

5364 Comments. 269 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo