Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5457 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 5, 2015, 16:49 Quboid

How often does anyone actually get killed in a swatting? For all the dangers that are involved, as a way to actually get someone killed it is pretty useless. A charge of manslaughter if someone does get killed might stick, or reckless endangerment if someone is hurt.

He deserves a long sentence but I don't think idiots will be deterred by the length of the sentence because they think they're too smart to get caught. Swatters being found guilty in court is biggest deterrent because that makes it harder for potential swatters to feel confident about their own safety.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Prenda lawyer must sell condo Dec 4, 2015, 22:16 Quboid

Ha ha!  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Morning Safety Dance Nov 30, 2015, 15:26 Quboid

ZeroPike1 wrote on Nov 30, 2015, 12:14:
This is the new norm for companies, I remember my employee handbook for my old job said you will be held accountable for ANYTHING you said about the company on anything digital. I can see both sides of the argument. Company wants to protect itself and its image, employees want to complain about things that are going wrong with there jobs.

Anything digital? Including email or other private messages?

I can understand companies not allowing employees to badmouth them publicly and doing so online shouldn't be any different. However, things like requiring Facebook login details seems more like demanding employees wear microphones so private conversations can be monitored.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
5. Re: Steam Top 10 Nov 29, 2015, 14:56 Quboid

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 13:05:
RedEye9 wrote on Nov 29, 2015, 12:40:
It's good to see Counter-Strike: Global Offensive doing so well.

Meh... I guess. I just find it amazing there are still people alive, with a computer, that don't have CS:GO, or have already played enough of the previous versions to be utterly sick of the CS format.

$15 Elite:Dangerous was too tempting, I contributed to that #5 placement, I'm sorry to say.

These people exist. Some of them have even regularly visited a highly respected PC gaming website for over half their lives, posting nearly 5000 times in that time

- Quboid

News Comments > Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3
6. Re: Early Patch for Early Just Cause 3 Nov 28, 2015, 23:33 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 23:16:
http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/just-cause-3-pc-cd-key-steam

$25.99

I purchased COD BO3 from them on the cheap, transaction was smooth.

Do you know where their keys are from? That's a little too good to be true IMHO. I don't see anything about a guarantee.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
7. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Nov 28, 2015, 14:52 Quboid

Felix Cortez: [referring to Jack Ryan] Whatever this man has told you is a lie. He LIES for a living!
Ernesto Escobedo: He is in the Intelligence business.
Felix Cortez: Exactly.
Ernesto Escobedo: YOU'RE in the Intelligence business!

- Quboid

News Comments > Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised?
59. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 28, 2015, 11:58 Quboid

heroin wrote on Nov 28, 2015, 11:12:
I never see huge comment thread's about Amazon's practices. I mean they are the root of fucking evil and yet I bet everyone here, myself included, uses it.

They do this shit all of the time. They say something retails at one price, say it's 60%, when the actual market value is a lot less.

For instance - I am looking at a shoe, it sells for around $45.00-55.00 at most retailers. But, Amazon says that the retail price is $115.00 and I am getting a steal with 57% off. It's fluff marketing! I mean, we don't even have to sit here and think about this shit these days when you have good old google over there for a person to take 3 fucking god damn seconds to type some shit in, to do your research for you. And you guys are pissed about some shitty Steam game sales, lol!

People on a PC gaming site discussing PC games and not shoes? We're so weird!

- Quboid

41. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 22:15 Quboid

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 27, 2015, 21:14:
Sounds like the Steam Spy guy might have blinders on, staring so hard at all those numbers that he neglects to consider why the prices may have changed. Two of those games are in fact in Early Access and have recently received large updates; I don't know if Bugbear mentioned the price shift was happening, but the developer for Epistory did say on Monday that the update marked the end of their early bird pricing.

Regardless, the easy way to see if this is nefarious or just coincidental is to wait until the sale is over, see if the prices stay where they are now or go back down.

At least in the UK, it is only the price before the discount that matters and I don't think announcements (especially so recent) or Early Access labels matter.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2015, 22:22.

- Quboid

31. Re: Pre-Steam Sale Prices Raised? Nov 27, 2015, 19:58 Quboid

Companies doing shady stuff shouldn't be accepted or ignored. Just because I can figure out that some 50% discount is actually 25% - using tools not provided by Valve - doesn't mean their attempted fraud is acceptable.

It is illegal in many countries and Valve have been slapped down (Civ Beyond Earth) in the UK at least twice (GTAV) for precisely this so I don't think a shrug of the shoulders will cut it.

This comment was edited on Nov 27, 2015, 22:18.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Spider Nov 27, 2015, 15:14 Quboid

It doesn't seem right to laugh at some guy for screaming like a girl when he saw a spider ... in Australia. That seems like an entirely reasonable reaction.  

- Quboid

36. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 22, 2015, 23:01 Quboid

Happy Birthday Blue!

Cheers
Drinkers
Sleeping

- Quboid

News Comments > Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 Free to Play Listing
3. Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2016 Free to Play Listing Nov 20, 2015, 15:55 Quboid

Dagnamit wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 11:57:
nin wrote on Nov 20, 2015, 09:53:
Their new slogan should be "No, seriously, what the fuck are we doing?"

no kidding. the folks at EA are popping champagne corks as we speak. They're happy someone else is going to try this nonsense first and take the brunt of the criticism for when they roll out FIFA FtP.

FIFA World launched a couple of years ago. It shut down earlier this year.

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
9. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2015, 19:01 Quboid

Creston wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 18:51:
jacobvandy wrote on Nov 16, 2015, 17:37:
It won't show all items together when you look in an individual container, but you'll have the materials available to you when building or crafting. Once you've got a big stash in your main base, wherever that is, the easiest way to pimp out a new settlement is to get that connection established.

This. I'm building a freaking LEGION in the Commonwealth. Soon, nobody will move in the greater Boston area without my say-so.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2015, 17:16 Quboid

I grabbed the solo-play perks and have been playing with myself since, so to speak. I dismissed the dog as soon as I could and I haven't seen it for about 25 hours. I hope it's okay...

What do supply lines actually do? I thought they would pool each settlement's workshop inventory but it seems not unless there's a flaw in my testing methodology (open WS inventory, note top few items and their quantities, fast travel, open WS inventory, compare top few items).

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
26. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2015, 14:35 Quboid

El Pit wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 08:28:
Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 19:07:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 16:18:
Identifying the Muslims - terrorists - in the crowd is easy.

How? I don't think that's possible, never mind easy.

Because in the cutterverse, terrorists have huge red triangles above them and health bars. In our universe, it's close to impossible to spot out the terrorists in a group all up in arms. But in the cutterverse, it's easy.

I hope so, that's a lot less objectionable than any other reason I can think of. It would be nice if he clarified but something tells me that he's not going to.

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
24. Re: Into the Black Nov 14, 2015, 19:07 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 16:18:
Identifying the Muslims - terrorists - in the crowd is easy.

How? I don't think that's possible, never mind easy.

- Quboid

10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2015, 12:38 Quboid

Anyone else getting a weird bug with the Popular Threads box on the left column? It keeps on saying Fallout 4 where it's supposed to say Star Citizen.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 11, 2015, 14:49 Quboid

A business man who says his new product is better than what went before, whatever next. It's almost like he *wants* people to buy his products.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
56. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 18:43 Quboid

Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 16:51:
Here are some tips for PC tweaks for FoV, etc: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551069501&tscn=1447077828

Thank you!

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Christ Centered Gamer Nov 8, 2015, 11:21 Quboid

IBJamon wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 00:08:
Thank you for your comment. I am the author of this review. I have considered what you wrote and you make a good point. I do try to be reasonably objective but I let my emotions get the better of me in this case.

I couldn't help but see the irony/similarity to how this whole debate has been handled in some circles, and the barbs thrown our way, about our viewpoints, and I let that get the better of me when writing that line. We strive to be as objective as is reasonable. I knew when I wrote it that it could be taken a bit divisively by some, but there is no need to use charged language to make my point.

That line of my review has been changed, taking this into account.

Thank you.

IBJamon

Thank you for listening, IBJamon.

- Quboid

5457 Comments. 273 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo