Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5364 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
6. Re: etc. Nov 16, 2015, 17:16 Quboid

I grabbed the solo-play perks and have been playing with myself since, so to speak. I dismissed the dog as soon as I could and I haven't seen it for about 25 hours. I hope it's okay...

What do supply lines actually do? I thought they would pool each settlement's workshop inventory but it seems not unless there's a flaw in my testing methodology (open WS inventory, note top few items and their quantities, fast travel, open WS inventory, compare top few items).

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
26. Re: Into the Black Nov 15, 2015, 14:35 Quboid

El Pit wrote on Nov 15, 2015, 08:28:
Quboid wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 19:07:
Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 16:18:
Identifying the Muslims - terrorists - in the crowd is easy.

How? I don't think that's possible, never mind easy.

Because in the cutterverse, terrorists have huge red triangles above them and health bars. In our universe, it's close to impossible to spot out the terrorists in a group all up in arms. But in the cutterverse, it's easy.

I hope so, that's a lot less objectionable than any other reason I can think of. It would be nice if he clarified but something tells me that he's not going to.

- Quboid

News Comments > Into the Black
24. Re: Into the Black Nov 14, 2015, 19:07 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Nov 14, 2015, 16:18:
Identifying the Muslims - terrorists - in the crowd is easy.

How? I don't think that's possible, never mind easy.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 12, 2015, 12:38 Quboid

Anyone else getting a weird bug with the Popular Threads box on the left column? It keeps on saying Fallout 4 where it's supposed to say Star Citizen.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 11, 2015, 14:49 Quboid

A business man who says his new product is better than what went before, whatever next. It's almost like he *wants* people to buy his products.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide
56. Re: Fallout 4 GeForce Tweaking Guide Nov 9, 2015, 18:43 Quboid

Undocumented Alien wrote on Nov 9, 2015, 16:51:
Here are some tips for PC tweaks for FoV, etc: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551069501&tscn=1447077828

Thank you!

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Reviews
11. Re: Christ Centered Gamer Nov 8, 2015, 11:21 Quboid

IBJamon wrote on Nov 8, 2015, 00:08:
Thank you for your comment. I am the author of this review. I have considered what you wrote and you make a good point. I do try to be reasonably objective but I let my emotions get the better of me in this case.

I couldn't help but see the irony/similarity to how this whole debate has been handled in some circles, and the barbs thrown our way, about our viewpoints, and I let that get the better of me when writing that line. We strive to be as objective as is reasonable. I knew when I wrote it that it could be taken a bit divisively by some, but there is no need to use charged language to make my point.

That line of my review has been changed, taking this into account.

Thank you.

IBJamon

Thank you for listening, IBJamon.

- Quboid

6. Re: Christ Centered Gamer Nov 7, 2015, 23:09 Quboid

Putting numbers on subjective stuff is silly but apart from that, their morality thing is interesting and I like that someone takes a look at it even if my morality differs from theirs in a few ways. I appreciate another perspective on things and they have previously done a good job of separating their morality from the game.

I know that there are crazy fundamentalist Christians out there but I honestly thought CCG was better than this sort of glaring inconsistency. Even if they didn't persecute homosexuality in their own little way in that article, the implication that gays are wrong to feel persecuted is ridiculous.

- Quboid

1. Christ Centered Gamer Nov 7, 2015, 16:21 Quboid

Other people in the game world look down on her for her '[lesbian] bedroom proclivities'. I couldn't help but notice that not only did the story writers put in a relationship of this type [homosexual] in the game, but they also had to put in a persecution complex on her situation.

Also
Moral Warnings: lesbian love relationship

So lesbians are immoral, but people looking down on homosexuality is a persecution complex. Riiiiight.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Guy Fawkes Day... Nov 5, 2015, 13:52 Quboid

descender wrote on Nov 5, 2015, 13:24:
That makes it sound like Guy Fawkes is gonna do an improv show or something :p

Guy Fawkes Night - It's The Bomb! He'll Bring Down The House [Of Lords]!

I've never heard it called Guy Fawkes Day, that sounds a bit weird to me too.

- Quboid

News Comments > No More WoW Numbers
6. Re: No More WoW Numbers Nov 4, 2015, 09:55 Quboid

McTurbo wrote on Nov 4, 2015, 09:42:
they have no one to blame but themselves. wow didnt die because it got old.. it died because the developer shot themselves in the foot from lack of content and deciding they knew what the players wanted more than the players did.

Developers do know what players want more than players do. Players are idiots who fall for things like anecdotes, confirmation bias and tribalism. Devs should listen to players and consider what's said but ultimately the developer has to have the overall vision.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
24. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 15:14 Quboid

ItBurn wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 15:11:
I have nightmares about more and more PC gamers using the gamepad, to a point where developers of FPS games stop supporting the mouse... It's already somewhat happening in some games...

This is why the Xbone controller being included with the Oculus Rift worries me. A controller is good for VR as you don't need to see it but I really don't this to become the only way.

- Quboid

22. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 15:11 Quboid

descender wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 15:05:
My original point was that it is not a game-breaking level of control difference (like say playing Q3 with a gamepad... lol) to blindly label FO4 as a "bad port" just because ABXY buttons show up in a screenshot.

I took the mention of ABXY buttons to be criticising the dialogue options, not the quality of the port. We can't tell anything about the port from these options because we don't know how it is being controlled. It might be perfectly appropriate.

- Quboid

20. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 15:04 Quboid

descender wrote on Nov 3, 2015, 13:47:
I love how thrown off people are by the A B X Y buttons on the screen, as if there was any advantage to playing FO3/NV with a mouse+KB over a gamepad. It's not a twitch shooter, who gives a shit? You all really have to start getting over this one, just because a mouse works better for competitive FPS doesn't make gamepad support indicative of a "bad port" problem.

I much prefer using a KB&M to using a controller for this sort of game, to the extent that I sold my console because most games weren't enjoyable.

There's more to wanting a mouse than accuracy, as if that's an odd thing to want even in a slow paced single player game.

- Quboid

5. Re: Morning Screenshots Nov 3, 2015, 10:33 Quboid

I think this is looking pretty good. It's not a huge step up over (modded) Fallout 3/NV but if the open world is detailed enough, I don't expect each scene to look quite as cutting edge as a corridor shooter. In particular the distant content looks more detailed, that's usually the first thing that needs modded.

There's plenty about the Creation Engine that needs work more than the graphics. Have they said if there are loading screens when going inside? I hope that removing this is a priority for Bethesda's 8th-gen console open world games.

Four dialogue options is worrying. I don't think FO3/NV had more than 4 options in 95% of cases so with tighter writing it shouldn't be too bad but it does feel like a step backwards.

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Tycoon 2 Early Access
6. Re: Game Tycoon 2 Early Access Oct 31, 2015, 12:10 Quboid

I'm glad they acknowledge this, thanks for pointing that out. I don't mind developers taking inspiration from others - all games do to some extent - but IMHO they lifted too much from GDS to ignore.

I'm not familiar with Game Tycoon at all, I mistook this for GDT at first.

- Quboid

News Comments > Game Tycoon 2 Early Access
2. Re: Game Tycoon 2 Early Access Oct 31, 2015, 00:33 Quboid

yonder wrote on Oct 30, 2015, 19:05:
I bet Greenheart Games is ecstatic at the thought of people thinking this is a sequel to their superb Game *Developer* Tycoon!

They kinda ripped off Game Dev Story, I wouldn't feel sorry for them.

- Quboid

News Comments > EA Financials
4. Re: EA Financials Oct 29, 2015, 19:38 Quboid

CJ_Parker wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 19:28:
killer_roach wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 19:13:
$0.65 EPS? Doing some quick and dirty math, that's about a $200m profit for the quarter (estimating, based on share price and market cap, they've got about 300 million shares outstanding).

Dude? Why "quick and dirty math" or "about" and "estimating" if you can just, you know, click the link and scroll down a bit to find out that it's $212 million net profit and 326 million shares.
No need to whip out the calculator if others have done the work for you!

Good estimates, TBF.

- Quboid

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
11. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Oct 29, 2015, 12:04 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Oct 29, 2015, 09:37:
If you believe a male never has a right to act as a male, to question or criticize women than yes, you are an SJW.

I'm glad we've clarified that this label only applies to a tiny, tiny number of people, none of whom post here.

- Quboid

News Comments > Space Engineers Sales Soar
3. Re: Space Engineers Sales Soar Oct 29, 2015, 11:39 Quboid

Very impressive. Now how about, you know, actually finishing it ... over 2 years since its release!  

- Quboid

5364 Comments. 269 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo