Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 6068 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > EVE Online Lifeblood Expansion
2. Re: EVE Online Lifeblood Expansion Oct 26, 2017, 01:23 Quboid

Neutronbeam wrote on Oct 25, 2017, 19:58:
Stephen...should have said "their ruthless space MMORPG, where no one can hear you scheme"

Laugh Laugh

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 24, 2017, 18:04 Quboid

Yeah, few things bring a tear to the eye quite like a solid set of financial results.  

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
11. Re: Sunday Metaverse Oct 23, 2017, 09:49 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Oct 23, 2017, 07:16:
even more weirdly, unified just because they think your political views are heinous.

Right?! He reminds me RollinThunder and his weird fixation about pointing out two liberals saying different things and pretending that's hypocrisy. No wonder he's *still* pretending Pizzagate was ever anything other than obviously made up lies deliberately designed to tell people like him exactly what they want to hear.

And now an encore of complaining about being compared to Nazis. Mashiki, you cited Neo-Nazis as a reason why you're totally not racist, so you are literally a Nazi sympathiser. It's clear that you abuse Godwin's Law to hide.

The only question is to what extent you're in on the cons, and how much you're fooled by them. What was the deal with GamerTics?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2017, 17:35 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Oct 21, 2017, 15:17:
I wonder which conspiracy theory Trump favors in the JFK assassination? It is the only reason for him to release the documents against advice.

I presume he wants to distract from something, I wonder what'll be revealed in the next few days. Him going against advice to block the release doesn't mean much, just that whatever reason given to delay doesn't matter to him.

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC
16. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC Oct 20, 2017, 22:10 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 21:02:
Quboid wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 20:44:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 15:49:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 15:36:
*happily watches everyone else go at each other's throats and drives by in his 20 year old Honda that runs just fine*

I take that back. I finally had to replace the sparkplugs and wire harness, and valve cover seal from the factory ones.
I had to replace the dome lightbulb in my Accord after 6 years, what a piece of shit.

I had the drive shaft rip loose in my Land Rover...

Do you know how LOUD it is when your drive shaft isn't connected at the diff end? Spinning around like a goddamn propeller, bouncing off everything.

Total repair bill: £70. When your Honda does break down - on the other side of town - what'll that cost you?
Ucrazy ???

Just comparing how reliable our vehicles are, I think we're at the opposite ends of the scale. On the other hand, I like the prices I pay for parts.

Land Rovers are notoriously unreliable, but they maintain their value because they're cheap and easy to maintain. Jeeps might be similar, they're not as basic but they might be easier to maintain than your average vehicle.

News Comments > Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC
14. Re: Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 Jeep and Dodge DLC Oct 20, 2017, 20:44 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 15:49:
The Half Elf wrote on Oct 20, 2017, 15:36:
*happily watches everyone else go at each other's throats and drives by in his 20 year old Honda that runs just fine*

I take that back. I finally had to replace the sparkplugs and wire harness, and valve cover seal from the factory ones.
I had to replace the dome lightbulb in my Accord after 6 years, what a piece of shit.

I had the drive shaft rip loose in my Land Rover...

Do you know how LOUD it is when your drive shaft isn't connected at the diff end? Spinning around like a goddamn propeller, bouncing off everything.

Total repair bill: £70. When your Honda does break down - on the other side of town - what'll that cost you?

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 19, 2017, 22:08 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 21:04:
jdreyer wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 21:01:
Happy Thanksgiving!
I lost my appetite.

How's that swamp draining going? Has Trump given the country back to the people yet? Rolleyes

News Comments > Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout
10. Re: Cities: Skylines - Green Cities Sprout Oct 19, 2017, 14:55 Quboid

I'm delighted with the free road modding tool, it goes far beyond what I had expected.  

11. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 19, 2017, 10:01 Quboid

MeanJim wrote on Oct 19, 2017, 02:24:
Quboid wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 20:39:
I get all sorts of results when I search from the startmenu in Windows 10. Applications, documents, folders, etc.

When you search, at the top right of the results there is a filter option. What is this set to? Mine is "All, most relevant on this PC", it resets to that each time I open the search menu. The three options at the top left (apps, documents, settings) are all toggled off.

There is nothing at the top right (or left) when searching from the start menu. I'm talking about when you press the start button on the keyboard or the start menu icon at the bottom left of the screen, not that search bar that is (was) on the task bar. That was the first thing I disabled after installing Win 10 because it seems unnecessary to have that taking up so much space on the task bar when you can do the same thing by typing with the start menu up.

When I press start and begin typing, down at the bottom of the results, just above where text appears when you start typing, are icons to filter results from apps, documents, pictures, etc. It always defaults to apps and I have to click one of icons to get results for other things.

Weird. Those icons are at the top of the start menu (I also remove the task-bar search ASAP) and default to no filter. I've no idea why this is different.

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 18, 2017, 20:39 Quboid

MeanJim wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 18:48:
HorrorScope wrote on Oct 18, 2017, 15:25:
Article mentions windows 7 has a superior start menu. I don't see it that way at all.

I still prefer the Windows 7 Start menu. They both have their good and bad parts, but overall I found Windows 7's start menu more productive. For example, when typing to search in the Windows 7 start menu, it shows results for programs, documents, pictures, etc. Windows 10 only shows results programs. To see results for other things, after typing you have to click the icons at the bottom to switch to different result types.

I have spread sheets and documents that I edit often. On Windows 7, I could just press start, type the first four letters of its file name and hit enter to open it up, without touching the mouse. With Windows 10 I have to press start, type the four letters, then click the documents icon to switch to searching documents mode, then click the document I want from the results.

I get all sorts of results when I search from the startmenu in Windows 10. Applications, documents, folders, etc.

When you search, at the top right of the results there is a filter option. What is this set to? Mine is "All, most relevant on this PC", it resets to that each time I open the search menu. The three options at the top left (apps, documents, settings) are all toggled off.

News Comments > Op Ed
11. Re: Op Ed Oct 16, 2017, 12:00 Quboid

chickenboo wrote on Oct 16, 2017, 11:09:
You can try spinning it all you like, but it is a dangerous precedent to see titles like Shadows of War and Battlefront 2 messing with loot boxes. If a game can't be profitable without using loot boxes, then it was never going to be profitable to begin with."

What would we prefer, collectively: loot boxes (which start by being purely cosmetics but will inevitably move towards P2W to entice people to buy them) or simply higher game prices? Costs to make games are on the rise, as ever, and they're only going to get more costly. To expect games to remain $60 at launch is ridiculous. Either prices rise, loot boxes happen, or the scope of games reduces drastically to make them profitable on a smaller budget with a smaller team. It's just the economics of the situation.

Read this article on gamesindustry.biz. I'm not entirely on board with the author's claims that loot boxes aren't gambling, but it's a proven method for increasing revenue from a title. Gamers are price sensitive though and we will have to adjust to higher game prices at launch... or see smaller games and smaller launches.

Higher prices, or less ambitious games. Extra content via DLC is fine as long as the game provides value for money without it. P2W gives them an incentive to not make their game as good as possible and there's no publisher I trust to resist that temptation - and I trust ones that put P2W features in a paid title less than most.

I've no time for their argument that this is required. Even if there wasn't plenty of money to be made (even if they paid their taxes) I don't care. Your business model doesn't work? That sucks. For you.

News Comments > Op Ed
5. Re: Op Ed Oct 16, 2017, 11:02 Quboid

It's tough to say for sure. On one hand, it's obviously gambling but on the other hand, people who gain financially from it not being treated as gambling say it's not gambling.

Like the supposed dangers of smoking, we just cannot be sure.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
11. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 15:56 Quboid

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:46:
Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:42:
Not for the first time, you seem annoyed at your own assumptions about me.

Quite the contrary, you're one of my favorite posters on this site. I was just explaining myself since you said I didn't do it adequately the first time.

Well I didn't expect that. Sorry for my assumption. Way to disarm me

I do wonder if I come across as more extreme than I am on here in general. When I get into foolish arguments I usually come down on the more liberal side, and on the internet nuance like "I dislike Sarkeesian too, but the fact is..." can almost seem to become "I <3 Brianna Wu!" which really, really couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not far-left, I'm opinionated-centre-left.

I don't think I'm the only person on this board - or even this thread - who this could apply to.

9. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 14:42 Quboid

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:29:
Quboid wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 14:20:
She's not in the news for her lifetime of comments, she's in the news for standing up to sexual assault and she's getting a hell of a lot of stick for that - so without any further context, it looked like you joined the many people criticising her for speaking up. I didn't say it makes her a good person, I said that your comment looked bad without knowing your reasons.

"You want to play? Lets play #ROSEARMY"

Be careful where you hitch your wagon, she is not Ashley Judd.

It is possible to separate her being an asshole and her being a victim of a horrible act. One is not necessarily because of the other, nor does it mean I am unsympathetic but that only goes so far in explaining her actions over the years.

Yeah, fair enough.

I'm not hitching my wagon to anyone or accusing you of supporting rape and I haven't said anything to that effect. Not for the first time, you seem annoyed at your own assumptions about me.

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 14:20 Quboid

Verno wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 13:44:
No one won this. She posted someone's personal details, all the shit that she's facing doesn't make that OK. Twitter suspended someone who's speaking out against sexual assault, that doesn't look good.

Neither does describing a victim of assault as a fucking psycho, but I'm sure there's a reason for that...

Sorry I forgot that automatically makes her a good person and her lifetime of idiotic comments are automatically wiped clean. Just off the top of my head twice she's gone after the gay and trans communities for no reason, had numerous public meltdowns and her extreme brand of feminism is not to my taste.

I don't "support rape" or something equally ridiculous because I dislike Rose McGowan, don't even go there. I haven't liked her for a long time now, long before knowing who Harvey Weinstein is.

She's not in the news for her lifetime of comments, she's in the news for standing up to sexual assault and she's getting a hell of a lot of stick for that - so without any further context, it looked like you joined the many people criticising her for speaking up. I didn't say it makes her a good person, I said that your comment looked bad without knowing your reasons.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 12, 2017, 13:29 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 11:55:
Yet twitter allows the twitterer in chief to spread his lies.
Rose won this round.

No one won this. She posted someone's personal details, all the shit that she's facing doesn't make that OK. Twitter suspended someone who's speaking out against sexual assault, that doesn't look good.

Neither does describing a victim of assault as a fucking psycho, but I'm sure there's a reason for that... Worried

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
12. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Oct 12, 2017, 11:18 Quboid

Ozmodan wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 08:39:
theglaze wrote on Oct 12, 2017, 02:12:
“While there’s an element of chance in these mechanics, the player is always guaranteed to receive in-game content (even if the player unfortunately receives something they don’t want). We think of it as a similar principle to collectible card games: Sometimes you’ll open a pack and get a brand new holographic card you’ve had your eye on for a while. But other times you’ll end up with a pack of cards you already have.”

I hate to say it, but that makes sense to me..

Oh come on, it is clearly GAMBLING. Giving voice to their lame excuse just makes you as bad as them. It has been and always will be gambling.

I've always felt collectable card games were a scam, so the comparison doesn't make loot boxes sound any better to me. Paying money to have a random chance of winning prizes is gambling and no, "winning" "prizes" worth less than the cost of entry isn't winning. Is that different to a lottery where matching 0 numbers wins you $0.01?

If anyone will crack down on this, it'll probably be the EU. Although China tried, and apparently they couldn't even get a law to stick.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Oct 11, 2017, 22:18 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 21:22:
https://www.hardocp.com/article/2017/10/11/overclocking_intel_8600k_delidded_on_air_water/

jdreyer
If you get an intel cpu and you're going to overclock it, seriously think about spending the extra and delid that puppy.

Is there a CPU discussion that I've missed? I'm considering an upgrade (maybe i5-8600k or i7-8700k) but I'm out of the loop. Is this a good time for CPU/Mobo/RAM prices? The pound is as strong as it's likely to be for a while.

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Oct 11, 2017, 17:04 Quboid

NKD wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 16:30:
RedEye9 wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 16:19:
DangerDog wrote on Oct 11, 2017, 16:16:
Can we get a view count on their videos?
“thousands” of views
lol
You're the last person anyone would turn to when looking for a "fake" news filter.

lol

Give him a break he's been busy searching pizza joints for child molestation cartels.

It's got to be tough, counting all these people in these pictures. Hey DangerDog, have you managed to confirm whether or not Trump was telling the truth about having the largest crowd?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. IrfanView version 4.50 Oct 10, 2017, 22:31 Quboid

"IrfanView will NOT run on Win9x anymore"

Ah shit...

6068 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo