Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 6068 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
14. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jan 27, 2017, 00:10 Quboid

Many people masturbate to Cyant's mother and sister?

Well I hear she's a lovely person

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
38. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2017, 10:17 Quboid

nin wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 09:41:
Quboid wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 09:32:
What do you think the reason is why there are no conservatives willing or able to debate on here?

He's a shining example, isn't he?

I didn't actually mean that sarcastically but ... yeah

I'd like more opinions on here but the conservatives who do post on political threads are frankly idiots, often barely literate. I don't know if the intelligent ones feel the outnumbered by liberals, frustrated by the idiots, or they just have their heads in their hands these days - clowns to the left of them, jokers to the right.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

35. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 26, 2017, 09:32 Quboid

Verno wrote on Jan 26, 2017, 09:03:
Seeing the same 5 posters just jerk each other off in these threads is losing its amusement value

TRUMP

FAKE NEWS

THE RIGHT

HURRRRNNNNNNGGGGHHHH.

What do you think the reason is why there are no conservatives willing or able to debate on here?

30. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 25, 2017, 16:26 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 15:46:
RedEye9 wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 13:23:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 19:52:
Timmeh approved facts:

Nothing that has ever happened or will ever happen was as great as Donald Trump’s inauguration.
SNIP
Donald Trump is the star. People love him.
He won the popular vote, too.

Now the poor sod will think that the wapo posts real news. snicker
We already know that he can't tell the difference.

I mean, you just posted a humorous (or, if you will, "humorous") op/ed piece by a comedy writer. Every newspaper in the country has similar columnists writing similar things.

That anyone is passing that off as proof of the Washington Post making things up just means they don't understand news.

I don't think RedEye9 is. He means Timmeh will mistake it for real *because* it's made up - like the rest of what Timmeh believes, albeit for different reasons. "Comedy", rather than propaganda.

26. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 25, 2017, 09:13 Quboid

Redmask wrote on Jan 25, 2017, 08:20:
nin wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 19:35:
Quboid wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 19:09:
There's been a few of them lately, idiots who post nonsense and bail. I hope they get banned for griefing because they just make actual discussion harder, even when ignored. I wonder how many people are discouraged from posting because they think this sort of mentality is typical.

Maybe I should ignore them. They're certainly not worth more than a derisory comment.

Report it all, only way to get rid of them.

Report what? Timmeh might be a trash can poster but hes just posting his opinion and didn't violate the rules. I'm not going to report a post because it doesn't agree with my mindset, that's some fucking echo chamber shit. Educate the guy, ignore him or move past it.

I'd rather not go down that route but griefing is against the rules and we can't educate people who bail. It's not posts that I don't agree with, it's posts which make actual discussion harder, even when ignored. Posts that create an echo chamber.

21. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 24, 2017, 19:09 Quboid

Verno wrote on Jan 24, 2017, 16:14:
That's the most transparent baiting I've ever seen and somehow people are responding as if it was serious discourse and trying to one up him.

*shakes head*

There's been a few of them lately, idiots who post nonsense and bail. I hope they get banned for griefing because they just make actual discussion harder, even when ignored. I wonder how many people are discouraged from posting because they think this sort of mentality is typical.

Maybe I should ignore them. They're certainly not worth more than a derisory comment.

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Jan 24, 2017, 10:51 Quboid

Vagina hats, oh my how scandalous.

That was in reaction to Trump bragging about sexual assault so what's the problem here? Trump is so disgusting that to even reference his actions is sick and twisted?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
105. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 15:46 Quboid

HorrorScope wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 15:17:
Quboid wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 09:21:
Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:13:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 16:02:
Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 11:58:
I hear "alternative facts" is their latest name for lies.

I reject reality and substitute my own.
Hehe, yeah, I love how suddenly the government is criticized for its lies (and pretty irrelevant ones at that). I wish the oh so morally superior left would have done that in Obamas legislation too. Would have saved hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives in the Middle East/North Africa/Ukraine and problems (terror attacks, exhaustion of social systems, splitting of societies, more dying foreign and domestic people) for western countries resulting from that.

Obama was criticised too, when people thought it was deserved. You listed things that have little or nothing to do with him but he got criticised for actual things. If you don't know this, you have been in an echo chamber.

Yep. So many only see what they want. Yes Obama has been baptized daily on facebook for years, everything he did was wrong, lies and evil by the other side. If he said Sun rises in the east... they would have twisted it to be wrong in some manner. That is the ole Party First people that don't consider themselves party first (they are).

I mean by his own voters. Not as much as people who didn't vote for him, but that's to be expected and would be even if there wasn't racist birthers and such like on his back.

That "morally superior" is tribal bullshit too. Some people of every ideology act like they're morally superior in some ways, obviously, but mostly this criticism and accusations of virtual signalling is just a way to deflect. Muscular Beaver, do you think this is a left-wing only thing?

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2017, 18:58.

102. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 23, 2017, 09:21 Quboid

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jan 23, 2017, 02:13:
jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 16:02:
Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 11:58:

I reject reality and substitute my own.
Hehe, yeah, I love how suddenly the government is criticized for its lies (and pretty irrelevant ones at that). I wish the oh so morally superior left would have done that in Obamas legislation too. Would have saved hundreds of thousands, if not millions of lives in the Middle East/North Africa/Ukraine and problems (terror attacks, exhaustion of social systems, splitting of societies, more dying foreign and domestic people) for western countries resulting from that.

Obama was criticised too, when people thought it was deserved. You listed things that have little or nothing to do with him but he got criticised for actual things. If you don't know this, you have been in an echo chamber.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2017, 09:36.

93. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 23:54 Quboid

Retired wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 23:37:
SlimRam wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 23:18:
Well, on the bright side, in 6 months when the Trump supporters realize that he's done nothing to actually help them; Is a lying, misogynistic, white supremacist, anti-Islam, hate mongering, bigot with an agenda that only helps millionaires, perhaps then we'll all finally be united again as a country and agree to hate him.

Again not defending but I find irony in your comments. Considering you just explained every politician and every President.

Again, isn't the point that he's supposed to be different? Do you think that everyone who voted for Trump (except those who explicitly wanted his prejudice and bigotry) are fools who got conned?

Trump's difference is that he is much worse than the vast majority of politicians in all these regards. You know this and you know it's not true, even as an exaggeration, that this describes every politician.

This comment was edited on Jan 23, 2017, 00:12.

46. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 23:51 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 23:40:
I doubt that he'll govern at all. He has no interest in it. He'll leave it to all the folks he just hired, with Pence running the show. He'll be a figurehead, just like Reagan was in his last term when he was in the early stages of Alzheimers.

I was wondering about that. Could the Republicans get sick of his shit, impeach him and put Pence in his place and if so, what difference would that make if he's not actually governing?

38. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 20:08 Quboid

Another picture that proves you wrong despite it being as misleading as you can find. People gather at the front of the pens, hiding some of the empty space, that's why you pick low shots from the front. Trump's press secretary lied, Conway lied, grow up and accept it.  

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 19:18 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 19:02:
I did already, that link down below "Donald Trump inauguration crowds fail to fill National Mall"

the CNN giga picture shows the crowd going all the way back.

you're right they shouldn't call it "alternate facts" they should just call it what it is, "fake news".

No it doesn't!

You're actually posting links to pictures proving you wrong despite the favourable camera angle. Is this what you've been reduced to?

Hey I've just realised, alternate facts ... alt-facts, to go with the alt-right. That sounds like it should be satire.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 19:13 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 18:45:
Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 18:35:
DangerDog wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 18:30:
Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 17:50:
What do you think that gigapixel shows? I see empty space at the back.

The media reported on the size of the crowd because that's what they do. No one is saying nobody showed up, that's your false narrative. People are saying that Trump is less popular than Obama was, what's wrong with that?

Gee, I don't know

Thousand of protesters launched a violent rampage just blocks away from the White House as anti-Trump demonstrators smashed store windows, set fire to cars and threw bricks at police

You don't know, so you're giving me a completely irrelevant link to change the subject?

Satire is lost on some people. It's completely irrelevant that the media continue on it's tirade of bashing Trump and inflaming hatred with nonsensical reports on sizes of crowds, okay.

So yes, you don't know so you're trying to change the subject - to blame the media for Trump's own actions in a different aspect, this time stirring up hatred. Really, people discussing popularity in politics and calling out lies is inflaming hatred?

At least you're not hiding, you've got that over TangledThorns.

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 18:35 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 18:30:
Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 17:50:

The media reported on the size of the crowd because that's what they do. No one is saying nobody showed up, that's your false narrative. People are saying that Trump is less popular than Obama was, what's wrong with that?

Gee, I don't know

Thousand of protesters launched a violent rampage just blocks away from the White House as anti-Trump demonstrators smashed store windows, set fire to cars and threw bricks at police

You don't know, so you're giving me a completely irrelevant link to change the subject?

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 18:25 Quboid

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 18:08:
Come on Cutter. Yeah, every politician ever has used vague or misleading language and broken promises. But to regularly say things which are provably false -- immediately -- is unprecedented.

*unpresidented

Trump is much more damaging than other politicians. He's not responsible for the malaise that lead to him getting elected - where were the protests about the Supreme Court seat dereliction of duty? - but he's a demagogue who attacks fragile democratic norms.

18. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 17:50 Quboid

13. Re: Morning Mobilization Jan 22, 2017, 17:00 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 16:51:
Right out of the gate the media is trying to paint a false narrative that he's completely unpopular, so unpopular that nobody showed up for his inauguration. It's the media that are acting childish in this case.

*cringe*

That is pathetic. Are you so gullible because you're not brave enough to accept that supporting Trump was huge a mistake? Even someone who voted for Trump out of stupidity wouldn't post that, this is a special kind of dishonesty.

79. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 22, 2017, 11:58 Quboid

El Pit wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 11:20:
ledhead1969 wrote on Jan 22, 2017, 11:19:
"With Trump in Charge, Climate Change References Purged From Website"

http://bit.ly/2k4mEGB

http://bit.ly/2jFqgPM

Probably because the science will dictate the message instead of scammers and idiots.

Trump thinks the climate change is fake news. Like everything that he wants to be wrong IS wrong in his opinion. Soon, a "ministry of truth" will check all news before they are allowed to be published.

51. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 21, 2017, 22:53 Quboid

Saboth wrote on Jan 21, 2017, 21:30:
So Sean Spicer (Trump's press secretary) just had a press conference where he literally yelled at the media for accurately reporting the fact Trump had about 60% fewer in attendance at his inauguration than Obama did in 2009. Photo evidence proves about 1/2 as many showed up as Trump prepared for. Thousands of people on the ground confirmed the numbers. He is using the number of Metro riders as proof X amount of people were at the inauguration, but Trump protestors were also using the Metro yesterday and today. In fact, many estimate the number of protestors today dwarfed the number that turned out for Trump's big day. Sad to see the *White House Press Secretary* yelling at the media for reporting facts on Trump because it bruises Trump's fragile ego.

Damn lügenpresse. Expect to see Trump continue to attack the media, that's what demagogues do and it's been effective so far.

6068 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo