Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5663 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 24, 2016, 14:50 Quboid

Late, or spontaneous combustion? Place your bets NOW!  

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Safety Dance
9. Re: Saturday Safety Dance Jul 24, 2016, 12:37 Quboid

Tachikoma wrote on Jul 24, 2016, 11:07:
If you want real change - not a slogan - you need to get involved in grassroots movements and then keep at it, not just pop in for a minute because it`s summer and it`s nice to go to a protest and tweet about it on a gadget.

You mean spend time and effort? Isn't it much easier to complain about how you're not represented despite doing absolutely nothing to even indicate what representing you would mean?

There's a reason why democracy is called the least worst political system - because as much of a mess as it can be, the alternatives are still worse.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Jul 22, 2016, 16:53 Quboid

Tumbler wrote on Jul 22, 2016, 12:36:
Twitter should spend more time trying to track down and punish people who say shit like this. I assume it was on twitter. May have been direct to Blizzard via the game or the forums. Sadly banning people like Milo seems to be their priority.

Law enforcement should, and did, track this person down.

Twitter should, and did, ban someone for repeatedly breaking the ToS.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Interviews
14. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 21, 2016, 17:44 Quboid

Cutter wants to pay the cheapest price, because why should anyone get it cheaper?
Cutter wants the highest standard of living, because why should anyone get better?
Cutter doesn't (want to) understand the correlation.

RedEye9 wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 16:43:
jdreyer wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 15:14:
I'm sure Cutter practices what he preaches. When he goes out for a Thai meal of Panang curry, rice, and spring rolls, and the bill comes in for $20, he leaves $2, since "Charging some people a lot more and some a lot less depending on where they live for the same meal is really scummy.." and $2 is what it costs in Thailand.
+1
It's a hard concept for some to understand.

The point is sound but the analogy doesn't work. Like El Pit says, that meal in Canada would cost more to create and also it would probably also be subject to higher regulations - additives, storage, kitchen hygiene. The cola one is better, or the Big Mac Index, with less significant changes between regions.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
70. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 21, 2016, 12:52 Quboid

Seventyfive wrote on Jul 21, 2016, 12:10:
In fact you CAN walk into a courtroom and say "people are doing something so I should be allowed also". It's called "precedent".

LOL dude you are too funny.

Haha, no. No it's not. Precedent is specific previous court decisions, not people previously dodging court.

Deary me.

- Quboid

55. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 22:43 Quboid

Seventyfive wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 22:16:
Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 22:02:
... And she did not say all those things, that tweet I linked is photoshopped.

LOL, i linked a page that has live twitter tweets. you can click on any of them and they take you to her actual twitter page and the tweet. ...

Beamer's line "She didn't make those tweets. They were Photoshopped." was clearly referring specifically to the two tweets in his [Photoshop link. Nothing else. Your response, "LOL you think all her shit was photoshopped?", is just plain wrong. He was not referring to "all her shit".

- Quboid

41. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 20, 2016, 21:48 Quboid

Robert Osorio wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 19:25:
Tilt wheel is totally useless to me in games. Actually I've never had any use for a tilt wheel at all, even on the desktop.

Bind tilt left to shift+ctrl+tab and right tilt to ctrl-tab so you can switch browser tabs by tilting the mouse wheel to one side.

Changed. My. Life.

- Quboid

50. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 21:06 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 20:48:
As per the proof. Leslie Jones has a blue check. Those photoshopped tweets do not.

Blue ticks aren't displayed all the time. On someone's profile, the tick is at the top but not on each tweet. She claims they're fake, but she has posted plenty of trash. It wouldn't surprise me either way.

- Quboid

46. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 20:37 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 19:58:
Quboid wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 19:00:
Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 18:36:
Oh, for the [Photoshop

OK, so he screenshotted her tweets. She shouldn't be tweeting such crap.

She didn't. Those are photoshopped.

Where's the proof? Are you sure she didn't write those tweets and maybe delete?

I'm inclined to believe you because I trust you not to make stuff up or parrot nonsense and I certainly wouldn't put it past him but still, this is an unfounded accusation.

Criticising Milo is not defending Leslie Jones.

- Quboid

38. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 19:00 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 18:36:
Oh, for the [Photoshop

OK, so he screenshotted her tweets. She shouldn't be tweeting such crap.

- Quboid

36. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 18:32 Quboid

There's plenty of bullshit around feminism, anti-Trump attacks are disgusting and I'm sure some BLM people are racist but I am continually surprised by how quickly people, in a topic that blew up because they were sick of negative generalisations about gamers, so quickly do the same about these groups or even "the Left" as a whole. This is how language naturally works and generalisations are essential to communicate but it's so often clumsy and in shihonage's kool-aid fuelled rant, silly.

BLM in particular. It is not Only BLM, it is BLM Too - in this context, life mattering is defined as how often cops kill black or white people. It is focus, not exclusion.

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 17:31:
Quboid - this is what I meant when I said people keep giving this excuse. "There are murderers with Twitter accounts." Yes, but they aren't murdering people on Twitter.

I get that. It was scarcely relevant in the first place, but the start of your comment says the opposite; that his defenders think it is a pattern and not one night.

Edit: "he photoshopped" - source?

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 20, 2016, 17:15 Quboid

I thought you were a fanboy yesterday when you referred to a "bias fiasco". I wonder why people keep on mistaking you for one. Granted, I've only bought Nvidia cards recently (although over 20 years, I could also name most manufacturers ever).

Assuming you're correct - I don't know and I don't understand that chart but what you say makes sense - does that matter? If only one of these implementations is supported by Nvidia cards, only one of these implementations is going to be used by game developers, no? A benchmark which isn't even trying to represent real world conditions is no use to me. Unless implementing more than one method is easy, I don't know.

- Quboid

News Comments > Rocket League Soars Past 19M Players
8. Re: Rocket League Soars Past 19M Players Jul 20, 2016, 16:52 Quboid

Nice one for them. Most of these will be free (it was 5M buyers out of 15M players) but it's still obviously a huge success.

I don't like it as I kept on wanting it to be more like soccer. I'm admittedly being rather pedantic as the comparison is obvious but differences kept bugging me.

- Quboid

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 12:47 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jul 20, 2016, 11:36:
I feel like most of his defenders feel like Milo isn't being banned for one night's worth of tweets, but a pattern of them. He's been temp banned numerous times.

What do you mean? Why would his defenders think he was banned for being a repeat offender? Did you mean that his defenders don't realise this?

- Quboid

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Jul 20, 2016, 11:14 Quboid

If people cannot be trusted to treat one another with respect, dignity and consideration, perhaps they deserve to have their online freedoms curtailed. [...] We ban drunks from driving because they’re a danger to others. Isn’t it time we did the same to trolls?

- Milo Yiannopoulos

- Quboid

News Comments > Cossacks 3 in September
4. Re: Cossacks 3 in September Jul 19, 2016, 19:48 Quboid

I learned most of what I know about this period from Europa Universalis. Maybe I'll play a game of EU4 as the Golden Horde before playing this.  

- Quboid

30. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2016, 19:17 Quboid

Creston wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 18:48:
descender wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 14:25:
It's hilarious that they've managed to sell as many of these "progamer douchebag" mice without people realizing that they are utterly pointless.

Bro! Do you even FPS, bro??!

My Logitech G700s wireless gaming mouse supports up to 1Khz* and 8200 DPI. Why? It's a very nice mouse but surely that's far more than anyone could need. I have both set to about a quarter of those limits, to boost the battery life up to usable.

* Polling rate isn't really that useful, it's not an indication of latency.

- Quboid

23. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2016, 18:00 Quboid

I suspect my wireless mice have been less reliable than corded ones but the number of problems I've had on that front have been insignificant. Keeping them charged is the only issue; my Performance MX only needs charged once a week or so but my G700s only lasts a few hours per charge. It's fine for a gaming session, as designed, but I don't recommend it for general usage.

I don't notice lag with either but the G700s gaming mouse does feel sharper. I think this is because it is lighter but there may also be subconscious lag issues with my MX.

descender wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 15:22:
That's the "clutch" button that turns the free-wheel mode on/off. Not bindable, it's a physical button. Both PerformanceMX and MasterMX have the same button.

Thanks. The Performance MX's clutch button works well; I almost went off Logitech mice when they started the hyper-scroll system and it was a lot more hassle than it was worth but it's reasonable now and easily ignored. 5 buttons is disappointing, assuming that includes the mouse wheel. I like having an extra button to bind to F5.

- Quboid

17. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 19, 2016, 15:14 Quboid

descender wrote on Jul 19, 2016, 14:25:
You guys are way too attached to old wired mice. Logitech Performance MX or the new Master MX are incredible. Great battery life, works on every surface, no latency issues.

You don't game well enough to tell the difference between wired and wireless mice, stop it. It's hilarious that they've managed to sell as many of these "progamer douchebag" mice without people realizing that they are utterly pointless.

On the Master MX, what is the button below the scroll wheel? Is that bindable, or does it switch the wheel's mode?

- Quboid

News Comments > Rimworld Steam Key Fraud Halted
21. Re: Rimworld Steam Key Fraud Halted Jul 18, 2016, 15:50 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 15:12:
ItBurn wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 15:10:
Luke wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 14:56:
Creston wrote on Jul 18, 2016, 14:47:
Do a good thing, get kicked in the balls for it. The state of the world in 2016. Yay.

The state of the world in 2016

Look out ya window and see pukemon hunters all over the place sad sad sad thats the state of the world 2016

What's bad about pokemon "hunters"? They're doing exercise and getting some vitamin D. The game is very simple, but that doesn't make it a bad thing.

"It's different and not to my tastes and therefore objectively bad!"

I mean, don't get me wrong, a lot of things that are different and not to our tastes are objectively bad, and the Pokemon craze is kind of hysterical given how little content is there and how little there is to do once you've captured something, but the exploratory aspects of capturing something is kind of funny, in a good way.

Uhh guys, did you not see where he called it pukemon? Pukemon. Like Pokemon, but with the word puke in it. You lost this argument before you even posted, there's no beating such an eloquently made point.

- Quboid

5663 Comments. 284 pages. Viewing page 16.
< Newer [ 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo