Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Chicago, IL 11/17

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 6068 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Feb 14, 2017, 15:51 Quboid

Dev wrote on Feb 14, 2017, 09:33:
Dude obviously doesn't read Valve's interviews or even press releases... where they describe how they went away from using humans in this process BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO DO THE GRUNT WORK.

Valve KNOWS that that would fix it, they did it that way before greenlight. They just choose not to, because no one wants to wheel there desks over. It becomes playing games for a job then, not for fun.
You know all the crazy hats in TF2? That makes the game fun for the devs. So they do it.

This guy is also in denial about the flat management structure, he specifically references it in the story.

Nearly every crazy thing about valve can be explained by these factors, and it all becomes quite logical.

The column does reference Valve's weird structure by saying they "damn well need [job titles]". This seems like a logical solution to me, go back to what worked and get people to look after the store by hiring people to look after the store. Valve can afford it and I think it's in their benefit in the long term.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
51. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 17:09 Quboid

I see Colbert and BobBob's point about faith in science/reality. I haven't personally checked the maths behind E=mc^2 but I believe it to be true because I have faith in the scientific community to get most things right, and to deal with mistakes in a sensible manner. I have faith, but I don't have blind faith because I could check the maths and I have done for many other formulae. No one tells me I shouldn't ask questions, that science works in mysterious ways, or that I need to get past a paywall to learn what Xenu thinks of my Thetan.

descender wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 14:09:
In the end, we only deny the existence of one more god than you do.

If you destroyed every holy book in the world and waited a thousand years they wouldn't all come back and be exactly the same. If you destroyed every bit of science we have and waited a thousand years it would all come back exactly the same.

I love this clip. It has to be one of the more concise arguments I've seen highlighting the absurdity of believing in any particular religion.

I'm being pedantic because I agree with this in spirit, but I don't think that's strictly true. Our understanding of science is sometimes wrong and different errors would occur in the new science books.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 13, 2017, 11:40 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Feb 13, 2017, 10:57:
Why do you need an online elevator? Just one more thing for the haxxors to control. I can see it now trapping people in them with ransomware so they can't get out until the pay.

Haha that would never happen ... oh wait!

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 13, 2017, 10:35 Quboid

Good luck on the move. Isn't BlueFarm where Smurfs are bred?  

News Comments > Sunday Safety Dance
4. Re: Sunday Safety Dance Feb 12, 2017, 16:33 Quboid

ledhead1969 wrote on Feb 12, 2017, 14:28:
Blame Obama, it was proposed under his watch.

Who do you think proposed this, and when? Do you think Trump should continue this?

17. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 18:36 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 18:30:
Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:16:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:00:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 15:44:
Amazing how you all keep talking about political stuff on a video game site. It's almost as silly as a Christian talking about Bible stuff on a video game site, amirite? Wacko

Meh, those Christian conversations tended to be pretty one-sided...

Even more so with Muslims. It's hard to argue with them, particularly with your head cut off.
Exactly this. Once someones been brainwashed and it has been hung out to dry, there is not much to discuss.

You mean extremists, whether Muslim, Christian, Atheist, Star Citizen or whatever? Please don't fall into the same West vs Muslim narrative that ISIS, Trump, Bannon and Cutter are pushing.

13. Re: On Sale Feb 11, 2017, 17:57 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 17:22:
jdreyer wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:00:
Kxmode wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 15:44:
Amazing how you all keep talking about political stuff on a video game site. It's almost as silly as a Christian talking about Bible stuff on a video game site, amirite? Wacko

Meh, those Christian conversations tended to be pretty one-sided...

Studying the Bible kind of gives someone the ability to do that, just like discussing math with a mathematician gives them the ability to handle the subject well. Also, I wouldn't call it a conversation if it tends to descend into personal attacks. I don't mind discussing the Bible and Christianity with people but when it turns hostile then I'm good. Anyhow, the point of my cheeky comment is to say most of you have "kindly" asked me not to discussion the Bible, Religion, or Christianity on this site because it's about video games (a worthy point). So in kind, I would ask you all not to discuss politics because, again, this site is about video games. That seems fair to me.

Have I ever made religious discussion feel unwelcome? I don't think I have but I'm quick to snark and maybe I've said things that weren't the harmless fun that I intended. I'm not religious but I don't want to hassle someone because they are.

The old "no religion, no politics" rule that pubs often have might be a good idea.

10. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 11, 2017, 16:20 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Feb 11, 2017, 16:14:
Fear is running high among immigrant communities since President Donald Trump's inauguration

Why would they be nervous if they're here legally?

Hey look, it's that white privilege you want to pretend doesn't exist.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
22. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 9, 2017, 00:24 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Feb 8, 2017, 14:56:
Lets ignore the part about how you believe fake news and don't understand the topic at hand.
I was only posting other disproportionate sentences, you're the one who changed it to a subject that you don't understand and injected race. But I'm the racist troll, those arguing skills you learned in kindergarten are still paying off. Nice try, but no cigar. I am sure you have fox running on a big screen tv like it's wallpaper, please go watch some more while you spiral down the rabbit hole.

I don't think Bats did inject race, I think you're reading too much into "those people". I don't agree with much that he says on this topic but he typically seems more apathetic than anything. Like when he complained about the "hatred" from people protesting inequality, he didn't actually realise he was essentially complaining about uppity minorities who should know their place. It probably didn't occur to him that these sentences affect different parts of society disproportionately too. (BTW I took this as a reference to race, so I thought you brought up the subject.)

I've no idea why anyone would say this makes you racist other than "I know you are but what I am" playground logic.

News Comments > Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures
37. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 7, 2017, 23:00 Quboid

Thanks MajorD.

Xero wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 21:02:
I don't have this game but was curious to see what all the fuss was about. After viewing this video, I'm honestly shocked at the amount of space they are asking when I could not tell a difference from vanilla to hd...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NwJDIP_PMc

Crazy.

I was going to comment that YouTube isn't kind to texture detail so this isn't a fair comparison - but even with that in mind, the difference is so minimal. I'll probably just hit up Nexus Mods when I want to play it and get the best texture packs there. Maybe they will have adopted the more useful parts of the official pack.

33. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 7, 2017, 19:06 Quboid

MajorD wrote on Feb 7, 2017, 13:04:
And to enhance your textures even more for FO4, check this texture mod out. I've tested both the 2K (Performance Version) and the 4K versions, and from what I experienced the 4K is overkill and not even worth the performance hit, as the 2K is more than enough.

Do you run with both this texture pack and the official hi-res one, or do both packs cover many of the same textures?

9. Re: Fallout 4 High-Resolution Textures Feb 6, 2017, 22:57 Quboid

This is a cool addition, I appreciate Bethesda releasing this. I'll probably give FO4 another play-through soon, with DLC and more mature mods than my first one so this will be nice - if my 1070 can handle it. If not, it's always good to see boundaries being pushed.  

37. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 5, 2017, 19:24 Quboid

Redmask wrote on Feb 5, 2017, 14:04:
It doesn't even occur to you that people want desire these outcomes and that they are not inherently immoral just because you declare them to be.

Wait, what outcomes?? What are you assuming I think moderate conservatives wouldn't like? I haven't specified, do you think I mean anything conservative?!

My "views and agendas" are what I think are best for basically everyone's future. Your criticism is that I have a different opinion to moderate conservatives. A liberal who thinks liberal policies are best, such arrogance. This is why Trump won!

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing
9. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing Feb 4, 2017, 18:21 Quboid

Dman20 wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 13:00:
Was semi curious about this. Sadly missed the beta chance for a key.

The 3 I posted earlier are probably still valid. It's got potential, if they fix the framerate while driving and making the controls a bit sharper (there's possibly some sort of mouse smoothing).

6. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing Feb 4, 2017, 10:15 Quboid

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 00:16:
Oh, LOL, I thought those were for Ghost Recon, then I realized that would have to be Uplay. Thanks regardless!

I wish! I didn't get into that one.

3. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing Feb 3, 2017, 21:36 Quboid

Spare Steam beta keys, help yourselves:
IC39B-GGER4-KFJ9K
886XD-XEDDC-VALTA
DCH2P-7LPTN-TXJE0

It's like Far Cry 4 without the fun or framerate.

35. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 3, 2017, 16:27 Quboid

How would you know? I don't know how to explain this to someone so delicate they once stomped off in a huff simply because someone disagreed with them.

I think there are numerous warning signs that Trump's administration will do things that moderate conservatives will not like. Yes, *I* think. My perspective. You'll notice that I am, and have been, referring to the future reaction. This was never anything other than my perspective because that's how predictions work; I'm not going to predict something I don't think will happen.

33. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 2, 2017, 14:49 Quboid

Redmask wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 08:45:
Quboid wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:47:
Yes, and it's gone badly for them. Trump has pumped more faeces into the swamp and inflamed national and global tensions and it hasn't been 2 weeks. The idiots are going to keep thinking they won the election because the actual winners tell them they did, it's the intelligent ones who need to see the warning signs stand up to tyranny.

No, it's going badly from your perspective. You don't seem to understand the rest of the world doesn't necessarily share your opinions and political views. Being over dramatic is not exactly going to win people over either. Democrats had their 8 years but its over and the country has always gone through realignments like this. The Dems will sweep back into power in 4-8 years and do the same thing to the chagrin of the right. So the cycle continues.

You've missed the point, genius.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2017, 14:43 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 11:36:
A recent study from Deloitte shows that, on average, American millennials check their phones roughly 82 times a day. This dependence on technology has led to a world where most people are never more than a few feet away from their cell phone at any given time.

Oh so it's cops that are the problem in this case, not that so many people are desperate and pathetic. Hell, I don't even carry a cellphone unless I know I'm going to absolutely need it and that's rare. I go weeks without even looking at my cell, much less checking it 82 goddamned times a day. Modify your own behavior, problem solved.

What has your behaviour got to do with it? Only Luddites deserve rights?

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2017, 23:27 Quboid

That seems crazy dangerous, I wonder what the suspects did to make this worthwhile.

What is the safest way to follow them? A helicopter alone, and hope they don't go into a multistory carpark or forest?

6068 Comments. 304 pages. Viewing page 14.
< Newer [ 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo