Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 07/23

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5364 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
46. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 19:22 Quboid

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 18:19:
Quboid wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 17:58:
nin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 17:07:
What do you mean? He went with her...

Yes but she was the pilot, as if she just automatically becomes Chewie's boss because of space racism holding wookies back :-) Why was she not the co-pilot? As yet unspecified family ties to Han? Or is this just not how Millennium Falcons work?

I assumed it more along the lines of:

Rey: I need to find Luke.
Chewy: RAR RAR! ("I gotta ship, let's roll.")

Honestly, your conversation was the first time I ever questioned who now owned the Falcon. I didn't think it was discussed either way. Is it because she's sitting on stage left (screen right)?

The left seat is the pilot's seat in aircraft except helicopters and I'd always got the impression that Han was in control. I suppose that doesn't have to mean anything about ownership or command, it could simply be that Chewie is expert at navigation/whatever while Han and Rey are both good at actual ship control.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

42. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 17:58 Quboid

nin wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 17:07:
What do you mean? He went with her...

Yes but she was the pilot, as if she just automatically becomes Chewie's boss because of space racism holding wookies back :-) Why was she not the co-pilot? As yet unspecified family ties to Han? Or is this just not how Millennium Falcons work?

- Quboid

News Comments > Beamdog on Siege of Dragonspear Complaints
41. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 17:54 Quboid

Primalchrome wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:55:
Devinoch wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:13:
"Extremist." God knows when people having equal rights became extremist.
Kind of like how people label sexual practices as political. Or even better...as a choice. I've often wondered how much homosexual sex these nutbag fundamentalists have to engage in before they *chose* women instead. Never had one admit that he consciously chose women over the sweet taste of a man... >shrug< Then again, I live in a state where oral sex between a man and a woman is actually illegal. ROFL. Backwards rednecks.

Please, you don't *choose* to be heterosexual. That's the natural order of things as dictated by the Old Man Upstairs, whereas you have to choose to accept the Devil's handshake and be one of them homosapiens what the Pastor warns us about.

Honestly, choosing to be straight. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Heterosexuality is not a choice!

(I think that's pretty much the dumb-ass rationale; that being hetero is the only natural, real sexuality and anything else is a choice.)

- Quboid

39. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 7, 2016, 17:06 Quboid

The thing that bugged me about Star Wars 7 is why did Rey, not Chewie, get the Millennium Falcon?  

- Quboid

37. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 16:58 Quboid

Julio wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:45:
Devinoch wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 16:13:
"Extremist." God knows when people having equal rights became extremist.

If you think the SJWs want equal rights, I've got a bridge to sell you. It's all about the elimination of men.

When you say "the SJWs", who specifically do you mean? What is your definition of an SJW?

- Quboid

16. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 7, 2016, 13:50 Quboid

Icewind wrote on Apr 7, 2016, 13:35:
[...] the aggressiveness and insincerity of your typical trans person [...]

Really? Was that badly phrased or is that what you think?

- Quboid

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: Endless Space 2 Announced Apr 7, 2016, 08:46 Quboid

Bitterbug wrote on Apr 6, 2016, 18:53:
Ugh. One Angry Gamer. The blog that constantly pretends that gamergate isn't just a hate mob out to defend jiggling tit physics in games to the death.

But but but there was that study that proved* GamerGate isn't a hate mob!

* Well, misinterpreted either through incompetence or dishonesty by One Angry Gamer.

Edit: to be fair, I wouldn't call GG a hate mob either, which isn't to say I hold them in high regard.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 2016, 11:58.

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Apr 3, 2016, 10:41 Quboid

9 'ARGH!' moments most computer users experience very occasionally unless they're complete idiots, plus some nonsense about touchscreens that never happens.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns
5. Re: Oculus Rift Privacy Concerns Apr 3, 2016, 10:34 Quboid

The Vive is looking better all the time, although I wonder what its EULA is like. I don't see Valve as being as bad as Facebook with regards to privacy.

The lack of content and lack of support overlap is going to hold me back for now anyway. By overlap, I mean games working on both the Rift and the Vive because I'm not paying this sort of money if there's a risk of backing the wrong horse.

- Quboid

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 10:49 Quboid

nin wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 10:43:
Quboid wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 10:39:
If it wasn't for Cutter and harlock, I'd have stopped visiting years ago - and one of them's been banned because you kept losing arguments with him.

Na, he just created another account. Meet rudra. Or was that /s as well?

Sarcasm? What sarcasm?

I wasn't sure if that was him. Now that I think of it, I should have listed both aliases.

- Quboid

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 1, 2016, 10:39 Quboid

Nooooo!

Can anyone recommend PC gaming sites I can visit instead of here?

Ehhh although now that the site's closing anyway, to be honest damn will I be glad to be rid of you, Blue. You are an annoying pest, a smug arsehole whose barely concealed love for consoles and the Wii U in particular has been getting on my nerves ever more for years now. Good riddance. If it wasn't for Cutter and harlock, I'd have stopped visiting years ago - and one of them's been banned because you kept losing arguments with him.

;-)

- Quboid

News Comments > New Space Sim HOTAS
12. Re: New Space Sim HOTAS Mar 31, 2016, 16:04 Quboid

Tumbler wrote on Mar 31, 2016, 15:39:
Hmm, that's odd.

I have to assume this is part of that new joystick they plan to make for Star Citizen. They plan to offer a few additional features from what I've heard but I expect this is close to what they'll look like.

I'm surprised they said anything about this if they don't also have the Star Citizen version ready to present.

Maybe it's with VR in mind now that the Oculus Rift is arriving for some people, since the Hands-On concept will help blindfolded gamers handle more complicated control schemes.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Mar 23, 2016, 19:57 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Mar 23, 2016, 11:19:
Apple won this round.

I feel like the FBI won this round. They didn't get properly smacked down in court, now this issue will come up again and the general population won't care as much.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 22, 2016, 20:21 Quboid

I have the phone in my pocket nearly all the time so the always-on display is normally off but when I want to check the time saving one button press isn't a big deal and I doubt waking the phone is really much of a battery hog either. It's a tiny benefit for a tiny loss.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Running on Android
2. Re: Steam Running on Android Mar 22, 2016, 12:12 Quboid

WaltC wrote on Mar 22, 2016, 11:16:
Yes, playing your steam games that require GPU and CPU horsepower far outstripping any hardware that Android supports sure makes sense...[not]...;)

Yes I would imagine Papers Please would bring an 8-core 2.3Ghz phone to its knees (not).

I'm not sure how much use this is unless laptops running Android become a thing for equivalent control. Maybe I've missed a trend, I hadn't heard of Remix OS before.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2016, 12:30.

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Legal Briefs
5. Re: Morning Mobilization Mar 20, 2016, 20:33 Quboid

Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 15:52:
If the focus on consequences to a specific identity group upsets you, then just replace "LGBTQ issues" with "the security of your banking data" in the headline and perhaps the case will feel more relevant to you personally.

That is my problem with this. It makes a reasonable case in my opinion, but it really comes down to bad security particularly affecting oppressed groups - so making it about specifically about LGBTQ feels a bit like somebody wanting to insert themselves into the conversation. This principle applies to everybody, albeit with varying potential consequences.

Security is an LGBTQ issue that is worth discussing in some circles, but Apple's fight with the FBI isn't especially relevant to this group.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
9. Re: Steam Top 10 Mar 20, 2016, 18:03 Quboid

Osc8r wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 17:37:
JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 20, 2016, 15:30:
I have been having a blast playing The Culling. It is one of the most intense games I've played in a very long time. Not for the feint of heart though, you have to be really good to survive a 16 player FFA. If you're below average or average in skill, might not be a good buy for you, but still fun to watch on www.twitch.tv

It's on the top of my list - i'm really loving these types of games at the moment. But i just can't pull myself away from BR/KOTK mode in H1Z1! Still gotta try the free BR mode in ARK too!

It seems like a good game mode, whatever it's called, the shrinking Free-For-All. Battle Royale? I've rarely found teamwork satisfying on public servers so a good FFA game could hit the spot.

- Quboid

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
3. Re: Sunday Metaverse Mar 20, 2016, 15:11 Quboid

That's an interesting read. Patreon for nin?  

- Quboid

2. Fernando Alonso Walks Away From Devastating Wreck Mar 20, 2016, 14:36 Quboid

Look at the state of Alonso's car after that Shocked Shocked

It's a miracle of modern engineering that he walked away.

- Quboid

News Comments > 101 Ways to Die Released
3. Re: 101 Ways to Die Released Mar 19, 2016, 00:27 Quboid

GinRummy wrote on Mar 18, 2016, 19:56:
No laughs for the "A Million Ways to Die in the West" reference? It was such a goo... such a g... OK, so it wasn't a good movie, but I chuckled a few times.

That smash-hit multi-Oscar winning classic came to my mind too, but I haven't actually seen it so I couldn't really comment. I haven't read up on its reaction either, but I assume anything by Seth MacFarlane will be very well received.

- Quboid

5364 Comments. 269 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo