Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5815 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing
9. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing Feb 4, 2017, 18:21 Quboid

Dman20 wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 13:00:
Was semi curious about this. Sadly missed the beta chance for a key.

The 3 I posted earlier are probably still valid. It's got potential, if they fix the framerate while driving and making the controls a bit sharper (there's possibly some sort of mouse smoothing).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing Feb 4, 2017, 10:15 Quboid

jacobvandy wrote on Feb 4, 2017, 00:16:
Oh, LOL, I thought those were for Ghost Recon, then I realized that would have to be Uplay. Thanks regardless!

I wish! I didn't get into that one.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

3. Re: Sniper Ghost Warrior 3 Beta Testing Feb 3, 2017, 21:36 Quboid

Spare Steam beta keys, help yourselves:
IC39B-GGER4-KFJ9K
886XD-XEDDC-VALTA
DCH2P-7LPTN-TXJE0

It's like Far Cry 4 without the fun or framerate.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
35. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 3, 2017, 16:27 Quboid

How would you know? I don't know how to explain this to someone so delicate they once stomped off in a huff simply because someone disagreed with them.

I think there are numerous warning signs that Trump's administration will do things that moderate conservatives will not like. Yes, *I* think. My perspective. You'll notice that I am, and have been, referring to the future reaction. This was never anything other than my perspective because that's how predictions work; I'm not going to predict something I don't think will happen.

33. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 2, 2017, 14:49 Quboid

Redmask wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 08:45:
Quboid wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:47:
Yes, and it's gone badly for them. Trump has pumped more faeces into the swamp and inflamed national and global tensions and it hasn't been 2 weeks. The idiots are going to keep thinking they won the election because the actual winners tell them they did, it's the intelligent ones who need to see the warning signs stand up to tyranny.

No, it's going badly from your perspective. You don't seem to understand the rest of the world doesn't necessarily share your opinions and political views. Being over dramatic is not exactly going to win people over either. Democrats had their 8 years but its over and the country has always gone through realignments like this. The Dems will sweep back into power in 4-8 years and do the same thing to the chagrin of the right. So the cycle continues.

You've missed the point, genius.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
2. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 2, 2017, 14:43 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Feb 2, 2017, 11:36:
A recent study from Deloitte shows that, on average, American millennials check their phones roughly 82 times a day. This dependence on technology has led to a world where most people are never more than a few feet away from their cell phone at any given time.

Oh so it's cops that are the problem in this case, not that so many people are desperate and pathetic. Hell, I don't even carry a cellphone unless I know I'm going to absolutely need it and that's rare. I go weeks without even looking at my cell, much less checking it 82 goddamned times a day. Modify your own behavior, problem solved.

What has your behaviour got to do with it? Only Luddites deserve rights?

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Feb 1, 2017, 23:27 Quboid

That seems crazy dangerous, I wonder what the suspects did to make this worthwhile.

What is the safest way to follow them? A helicopter alone, and hope they don't go into a multistory carpark or forest?

15. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 16:14 Quboid

You need to troll more BobBob, bait people like me into responding

It's an interesting thought but it's complicated and I think that would make it exploitable, by hiding profits (Hollywood accounting) and/or true employment ratios.

There would need to be some way to handle profit fluctuations. If a company's profits suddenly disappear and they need to fire half their staff, they'll fire the more expensive American workers first as their required ratio slackens. There could also be a situation where foreign workers needs to be fired because of record profits, if the business doesn't want to expand. These could surely be mitigated but it's another attack vector for lawyers and accountants.

4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs Feb 1, 2017, 11:02 Quboid

Creston wrote on Feb 1, 2017, 10:44:
Yeah, poor choice of words on my part. I meant when they hire Indians to come here to do the same work for half the pay, where they actually already have someone doing the job.

"We can't find someone with the skills" my effing ass.

This is one issue in which Trump might be able to do some good. If anyone can make it worse it's him but still, he could actually help.

31. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 1, 2017, 10:47 Quboid

Redmask wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 22:15:
Quboid wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 15:15:
Why don't you speak up? Are you happy with what's being done in your name? Moderate conservatives need to act.

If you think Trump is evil you're one sheltered little butterfly. Moderate conservatives already spoke up, that's how we got here. I suggest you buckle up, it's going to be a long ride.

Yes, and it's gone badly for them. Trump has pumped more faeces into the swamp and inflamed national and global tensions and it hasn't been 2 weeks. The idiots are going to keep thinking they won the election because the actual winners tell them they did, it's the intelligent ones who need to see the warning signs stand up to tyranny.

News Comments > Hitman Disc and Patch Release
2. Re: Hitman Disc and Patch Release Jan 31, 2017, 18:32 Quboid

I enjoyed this a lot, a pleasant surprise by it after the awful Absolution. They went back to making a series of largely unconnected open levels and just leaving us to do our stuff.

If you've played other Hitman games you'll probably want to turn off Opportunities, a feature that spells out the more elaborate ways to kill a target.

26. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 18:01 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 17:43:
the assumptions that we all live the life of Reilly.

When are you going to give up this tedious lie? You know that's not the case, stop playing the victim for once. We have it easier but you can still mess up your life.

16. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 31, 2017, 15:15 Quboid

Verno wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:56:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:23:
Pigeon wrote on Jan 31, 2017, 13:18:
We'll see what actually happens, but so far his orders have only made things more difficult for people who have the least or are suffering.
You mean like Obama's? When he blocked allowing Christians and Yazidis who are being ethnically cleansed from claiming asylum in the US? That's why during the last round of "import refugees" there were under 100 from either of those groups despite the demand being there from them. So far the only thing Trumps order has done, is the same thing as Obamas. Based off Obama's own security analysis recommendations.

Sigh, now we're going to get the same 4 posters in here determined to disprove you and its going to turn into the usual circus.

And now we have the same 1 poster determined to do nothing except criticise those who say anything. Why don't you speak up? Are you happy with what's being done in your name? Moderate conservatives need to act.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Wuh?? Jan 30, 2017, 18:24 Quboid

nin wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 18:05:
Creston wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 17:42:
Fallout New Vegas 2??

Obsidian or GTFO.

Fingers crossed, FNV was the most enjoyable Fallout yet for me. Hopefully they won't get screwed out of bonuses by 1% on Metacritic this time.

I like how Fallout 4 was only announced a few months before release so hopefully they're doing the same.

25. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2017, 18:21 Quboid

I've had two games running at once both by choice and by mistake. When I was deep in my Cities Skylines addiction, I would switch out and play a quick game of FIFA for a change of pace.  

17. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 30, 2017, 16:43 Quboid

descender wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 16:35:
What are the benefits to public research?

Unbiased, not-for-profit research. It isn't a 'benefit', eliminating profit-motivated bias is the single defining feature of public funding.

Also... Research is really expensive. The only reason we know stuff like climate change is a real thing is because of publicly funded research. Otherwise, you'd just have to take BigOil's word for it.

It's hard to get businesses to research things that don't have profit potential. No business will spend billions looking for the Higgs boson, for example, because no one knows how to make money out of it yet.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 16:35 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 16:20:
What are the benefits to public research? [...] If, for example, the government cured cancer tomorrow do you really think they'd be curing everyone for free?

No, but people dying of cancer would get cured. It could be better, but to think there's no benefit because there's no profit is rather perverse.

The headline is fine, it's obvious what "in the Trump administration" means. A headline isn't supposed to spell out the entire article. That's what the article is for.

63. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 15:15 Quboid

BobBob wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 14:53:
A stream of consciousness ... some speculative questions:

Is the Constitution so well-written that it won't permit a tyranny by a single branch of government - or by two branches - or by all three? Is the 'rule of law' fundamental and unbreakable? If so, how so? Besides the written words, what makes the system capable of check & balancing itself if a single political party dominates the entire government? If a single political party rules over the executive, legislative, and judiciary branches, can the Bill of Rights be guaranteed?

This is what goes on in my head.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.fvjyu4jy7

But hey, lets do nothing because some other people did nothing. Which makes them hypocrites, but not us somehow.

56. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 11:41 Quboid

Retired wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 11:33:
Quboid wrote on Jan 30, 2017, 11:31:
Retired, descender is referring to what you're parroting and your attitude, not directly what you said. I know it's terrible that everyone calls people like you racist but look at your fucking country. What the fuck are you idiots doing? If you're not condemning this, you deserve all the hurtful names you get.

Being descended from immigrants clearly doesn't stop people having a problem with immigrants.

I was attacked for merely pointing out how ridiculous the hypocrisy is. Believe me, I want nothing more than to break the 2 party system, but there is to much money involved. Won't happen in my lifetime.

You consistently complain about one of these parties and quote dodgy media sources that tend to support the other one. Just because you don't like the 2 party system doesn't mean you're not biased.

53. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 30, 2017, 11:31 Quboid

Retired, descender is referring to what you're parroting and your attitude, not directly what you said. I know it's terrible that everyone calls people like you racist but look at your country. What the hell are you idiots doing? If you're not condemning this - and you're not, you're engaged in an epic game of whataboutery - you deserve all the hurtful names you get.

Being descended from immigrants clearly doesn't stop people having a problem with immigrants.

5815 Comments. 291 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo