Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5665 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
21. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 23, 2016, 10:02 Quboid

In 2007-2008 election period, Obama has not been subjected to 1% of the smearing and hatred that Trump has been at the receiving end of.

Obama isn't a massive bigot. Trump is. People hate Trump because Trump hates people.

Obama got plenty of hatred, including loads from racists like Trump.

This comment was edited on Sep 23, 2016, 10:10.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous
1182. Re: Spaceship Ahoy - Elite: Dangerous Sep 22, 2016, 23:16 Quboid

Sounds like the sickness is realistic

I probably won't get VR at this point; it will be a Vive 2 with a Geforce 1170 or something like that. A higher resolution should help readability.

- Quboid

17. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2016, 22:07 Quboid

Yeah, I don't really believe any of that. You tried, so it looks like you're trying to convince yourself. You've convinced yourself that Trump is a *victim* of hatred so this is a piece of cake.

It must be hard to imagine that there are people who are capable of separating the human from their politics, and this is a pattern that has become very prominent on the Left.

The second half of that sentence shows that you're not one of the people you refer to in the first half.

- Quboid

13. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2016, 18:25 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 18:01:
But he is concerned people may not know that some are spreading rumors about her health.

If you say it enough, it becomes true.

- Quboid

11. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2016, 17:52 Quboid

shiho wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 17:41:
I am really concerned for this woman's health, and think she should drop out and take some serious self-care, because the stress of this election is breaking her.

Going by the previous two posts in your history, I'm gonna have to say that this is massively insincere. I don't know if you're trying to convince us or yourself but I do not believe that you are concerned for Clinton's health in the slightest.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Interviews
29. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 22, 2016, 17:14 Quboid

Saboth wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:40:
Scottish Martial Arts wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 13:48:
ItBurn wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 13:19:

Why are you even on this site if you're not a PC gamer?

Presumably because you can enjoy PC games while simultaneously thinking many self-identified "PC gamers" live in an echo chamber of their own making. I don't own a gaming console, and haven't since the N64/PS1 days, but Pachter definitely described PC gamer "culture" to a T.

I think he's correct about them being arrogant, but obviously wrong about "twits". If they were arrogant twits, then they would think their platform is superior, but also be deluded. However, since PC gaming actually is far superior to console gaming in most aspects, they are correct in their assertion, and merely being arrogant about it. Even the new Xbox and PS4 that are supposedly 4k ready are probably around 50% or less as capable as a good gaming PC.

Remember, gameplay is more important than graphics except when comparing PCs to consoles.

I don't know if any one person is inconsistent in this regard but it does strike me that there are two conflicting schools of thought around many old-school PC gamers.

Comparing (not all) PC gamers to racists is a tasteless comparison (and I realise he didn't mean they're as bad). I'm glad he apologised for that. Arrogant? Yes. Merited? To a point; performance does matter and it isn't the only thing PCs have over consoles. However, being obnoxious is not merited.

- Quboid

8. Re: Morning Metaverse Sep 22, 2016, 16:49 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 14:07:
It did not take long before the usual suspects injected bizarre conspiracies in the thread.

I'm investing in foil. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

Oh by the way I've cracked the code,
I've figured out these shadow organisations,
And the Illuminati know,
That they're finally primed for world domination

With a Deus Ex avatar ... I wonder how realistic he thinks that series is. I was idly wondering about this sort of thing while playing Mankind Divided.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 20, 2016, 22:16 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Sep 20, 2016, 11:47:
Thanks to everyone that recommended "The Night Manager", it's good.

Right, I'm going to have to watch this. If it's not amazing, I'm blaming nin!

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
19. Re: removed Sep 19, 2016, 20:25 Quboid

Luke wrote on Sep 19, 2016, 19:27:
Mann you guys defends uber , even tho they STEAL jobs says alot of ya Clown 's

Are you accusing people of not being biased against Uber? That's the closest I can find to a meaning in that "sentence". That's the dumbest thing I've read since ... well, actually the previous post in this thread.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
16. Re: Morning Mobilization Sep 19, 2016, 18:22 Quboid

Strange, I wouldn't associate The Sun with publishing ill-informed, sensationalist garbage with no regard for how those affected by their coverage would feel.

I hope plenty of people share you guys' relative lack of concern. It baffles me how many people who have lived in Northern Ireland for over 30 years think the world is ending these days. Granted, the scale of each attack during The Troubles was much smaller but we've all lost count of how many bombs and bursts of gunfire we've heard.

This comment was edited on Sep 19, 2016, 20:39.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
26. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 18, 2016, 20:39 Quboid

I've been enjoying Mad Max too, after just a few hours. I'm playing it only with a controller because I feel like my inability to play many games with one is increasingly holding me back.

I've been a gamer for over 20 years, it's time I figured out if I prefer inverted Y axis or not on a gamepad.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
23. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2016, 18:08 Quboid

{PH}88fingers wrote on Sep 18, 2016, 15:55:
good read by Glenn Greenwald:

On WAPO garbage calling for prosecution of Snowden

Wow, that's absolutely awful by WaPo. I don't suppose they'll respond to that article.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
13. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Sep 18, 2016, 00:13 Quboid

Jeez, I agree that laws aren't morality and so on, but maybe lay off on the fascism accusations? That seems wildly out of proportion for a vague half-sentence after mentioning a pardon (which I don't associate with Dachau but I dunno).  

- Quboid

News Comments > Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve
26. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 15:57 Quboid

Wallshadows wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 15:01:
Quboid wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 14:58:
Yep. You shouldn't be able to just post whatever crap you want about other people with no regard for the truth and assume there'll be no consequences. Even when the other people are assholes. This is a pretty awful way to deal with the problem but it's not like they have any respect to lose.

So they have the right to sue anyone who say bad things about them even though most of it is, in fact, the truth? Does Blizzard have the right to sue me when I say something bad about Diablo 3?

Especially for hundreds of thousands or millions of dollars?

Yes, although I don't know the specifics of this particular case enough to determine if they have a chance of winning.

If they can prove the thing you said was incorrect and harmful. It doesn't even needs to be intentionally incorrect, anything incorrect which could reasonably have been researched properly can be liable (although as Saboth describes it this was intentional). Being harmful is essentially the entire point of a negative review so that would be easily proven (and again, as Saboth describes being harmful was the point).

The figure they're suing for is ridiculous but that's how it works. You start big because 99% of the time, the actual payout will be much much less.

It is terrible PR (which is why Blizzard wouldn't sue, they still have respect to lose) and in this case, proving that the harm went beyond a handful of lost sales would be tricky because their products are pathetic jokes anyway. I would imagine the case against Jim Fucking Sterling Son is much weaker as he's careful not to go overboard.

- Quboid

19. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 14:58 Quboid

deqer wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 14:33:
If there is evidence that the negative reviews were for reasons of spite and not for reasons of the game actually being bad, then they have a case.

Yep. You shouldn't be able to just post whatever crap you want about other people with no regard for the truth and assume there'll be no consequences. Even when the other people are assholes. This is a pretty awful way to deal with the problem but it's not like they have any respect to lose.

- Quboid

9. Re: Digital Homicide Sues Steam Users; Gets Dropped by Valve Sep 17, 2016, 14:09 Quboid

MajorD wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 13:17:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 13:12:
What the hell, suing the users for $18 million? Is that a joke?

For negative reviews? I swear Congress just passed a law relating to retribution against negative reviews on Yelp or something, like a week or two ago. (in the US)

Yeah, I heard a snippet of that too, but can't remember the details. It's absurd!

That law is to stop companies from banning all negative reviews. These lawsuits are alleging comments in these reviews are libellous (specifically, accusing DH of stealing artwork).

- Quboid

News Comments > 4A Games Sci-Fi Tease?
5. Re: 4A Games Sci-Fi Tease? Sep 17, 2016, 11:08 Quboid

Jerykk wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 04:59:
Wallshadows wrote on Sep 17, 2016, 01:45:
If VR had a FPS then Metro would be an amazing thing. I tremble at the thought of the system requirements though.

VR doesn't work well with any game that requires navigation. So if it is a VR shooter, it's probably going to be a shooting gallery/rail shooter rather than a proper FPS.

I was going to ask, have any games got movement sorted? The teleport/blink system doesn't look suitable for a serious FPS. I don't see a roomspace system that would work, which is good for me as I hope VR doesn't become dependant on that.

Does gamepad/KB&M for body movement and VR for head (and maybe arm) movement cause motion sickness?

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 16, 2016, 19:35 Quboid

Retired wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 19:05:
Quboid wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 15:08:
Retired wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 11:11:
Hackers are already shaping U.S. election coverage with data leaks.

Can't shape it more than the media does!

These aren't different things. The media wants the quick and catchy headline, hackers decide what that headline will be by leaking information accordingly.

The founder of Wikileaks talked about this several years ago, now they release info that helps his favoured candidate. That's creepy as hell.

Not any different than what CNN does....

CNN aren't deliberately trying to weaken the USA as much as possible. Russian hackers are.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Sep 16, 2016, 15:08 Quboid

Retired wrote on Sep 16, 2016, 11:11:
Hackers are already shaping U.S. election coverage with data leaks.

Can't shape it more than the media does!

These aren't different things. The media wants the quick and catchy headline, hackers decide what that headline will be by leaking information accordingly.

The founder of Wikileaks talked about this several years ago, now they release info that helps his favoured candidate. That's creepy as hell.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
48. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 15, 2016, 01:16 Quboid

Vall Forran wrote on Sep 15, 2016, 00:16:
So, what'd I miss?

Not sure but I feel like I'm missing a post where Verno was actually adversarial

- Quboid

5665 Comments. 284 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo