Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5464 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2016, 10:52 Quboid

It's not suspicion of a conspiracy, it's cynicism based on how badly scientific stuff gets reported.

Looking at the article RedEye9 linked to - I notice that among the signs of stress, they don't list tail wagging, trying to lick their owner's face or clamber on to their lap despite being over 20Kg dammit Pippen you're not a pup anymore oh alright then just this once.

There are times when my dog doesn't want to be hugged, and of course few people he wants a hug from. Perhaps some lousy owners give their dogs reason to feel intimidated. Perhaps using random photos isn't as representative as you might think because they share one characteristic - they're photos. How many of these dogs were being held in an unfamiliar way, hugged for uncomfortably long, or being told confusing things about looking a particular direction?

Not a hug but one time some random kid, about 8 years old, walked up to my dog (he was also over 20Kg) and planted a kiss on his head. The kid's dumbass mother laughed until my relative who was walking the dog pointed out that as neither she nor her child knew anything about the dog, it was only luck that she wasn't calling an ambulance for her mauled son.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2016, 11:05.

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
19. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2016, 12:13 Quboid

It's too early to call Star Citizen a failure but not too early for it to drag down confidence in crowd funding. Where the funding actually happens doesn't matter.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 2, 2016, 10:26 Quboid

NKD wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 10:11:
Am I misunderstanding or do these rules state that people aren't allowed to eat junk food on stream?

It looks like you can't have a stream about junk food. Sipping an energy drink while gaming isn't banned.

- Quboid

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2016, 14:02 Quboid

I don't have a clue what Lyme disease is but the tone of your post and the comments here is positive so yay!

The people of LA are damn cold going by that safety video. Seeing that and just stepping over the stricken body? Damn cold.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2016, 16:20.

- Quboid

35. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2016, 09:56 Quboid

HorrorScope wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 20:02:
And then did the snitch thing and got the cops

Are you serious?

I think you meant "And then belatedly did the mature, civilised thing and got the cops".

- Quboid

News Comments > The Orion Project Asset Theft Follow-up
6. Re: The Orion Project Asset Theft Follow-up Jun 30, 2016, 17:19 Quboid

Creston wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 12:23:
and goes into the reasons this project has had to deal with so many accusations of art theft over the course of its development.

I'm just spitballing here, but you know... because you stole the art?

Laugh

Probably worth checking out that angle first, yeah.

- Quboid

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 16:56 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 16:01:
nin wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 15:35:
I'm always leery of these videos, as you never know what went on before they started recording...

It's just one motorcyclist who is going to learn the hard way that a go pro is not the same as driving defensively. Going up against a car is stooopid, no matter who has the right of way, plain and simple.

Fair points. I did wonder what happened after the recording too, maybe the cop wasn't so impressed by the cyclist's behaviour - while I understand getting angry and 'exchanging views', he should have ceded the space and not insisted on taking his place.

Good point too HorrorScope. Not sure we're all bad drivers but it is one of those things that by its nature we tend not to notice when we do it.

I mean, if I'm a bad driver because I don't notice things, how could I know? If I nearly run someone down while browsing Facebook, how could I possibly know I am a bad driver? Joke!

- Quboid

19. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 15:31 Quboid

theglaze wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 14:52:
Yelling at this woman is going to shed years of bad habits and make her a better driver?

No, it's going to release some of the stress that comes from some idiot who doesn't realise/care that your body is the crumple zone. The bad habits would be for law enforcement to deal with.

theglaze wrote on Jun 30, 2016, 14:52:
Riders like this often have double standards by speeding, filtering, or lane splitting when they think it's looks 'safe' to them. Dig through that GoPro footage and I bet he's got enough evidence on himself for a fine or charge. But when someone's crosses him,, 'fuck you' for threatening my life.

This guy could, potentially, be a hypocrite. Hypothetically, this could be the case. I don't think that means as much as you presumably do.

- Quboid

13. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 30, 2016, 12:45 Quboid

I've never driven a motorbike but I imagine I would be pretty quick to object to someone using their car to intimidate me out of their way. If you don't want to hear salty language, don't threaten someone with serious physical injury because you want to save literally half a second.

It's not up to the cop to believe the biker or not. I'm sure there are plenty of times when cops have to disregard nonsense being told to them but a sober citizen reporting a traffic violation should not be one of those times.

If I wanted to be cynical (which I don't think is called for here but hey), it could be that when the cop heard that it was on camera, he thought that this would be an easy job: she presumably won't fight this in court or anything.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jun 28, 2016, 11:27 Quboid

Microsoft has clearly learned that its ambition to have one billion machines running Windows 10 isn't worth losing a massive class action lawsuit over.  

- Quboid

News Comments > G2A Planning Changes
9. Re: G2A Planning Changes Jun 28, 2016, 10:45 Quboid

VaranDragon wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:43:
Cutter wrote on Jun 28, 2016, 10:16:
Well when those greedy fucks stop their bullshit regional pricing we'll stop using services like G2A. They only have themselves to blame. This is mostly all Steam's fault anyway.

For once I agree with Cutter. Regional pricing on digital goods is complete and utter horseshit. It makes sense in retail brick and mortar stores. It makes no sense on the internet, where one IP address is much like another. Like it or not, the internet is the great equalizer.

Making games too expensive for much of the world to buy legally is not a good way to get people to buy games legally.

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
8. Re: etc. Jun 27, 2016, 19:03 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Jun 27, 2016, 14:00:
Not even gonna open the OotB thread.
I appreciate Blue's spoiler text comment, though.

Man, I've gotta get caught up on the show...

Yeah I'm avoiding that one too. I'd rather not see it on OotB, even the fact that Blue is remarking on it spoils that this episode is remarkable (which is something of a given for a season finale).

(I don't mean to complain, I don't expect everyone to keep schtum on my behalf and Blue takes reasonable measures to avoid unnecessary spoilage.)

- Quboid

News Comments > Civilization VI Videos
20. Re: Civilization VI Videos Jun 26, 2016, 22:40 Quboid

I like the look of the map. It is a bit like Civ 4 and I used that graphics mod to make the world more realistic so maybe I'll get sick of this.

It appears that the landscape is known from the start. Are the ancient tribes supposed to know the layout of far-away lands?

- Quboid

45. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2016, 18:00 Quboid

In the case of Y2K, it was the stupid people being exploited by opportunists who were panicking, now they're causing the panic.

Boris Johnson said today the margin by which the UK voted to leave the European Union was "not entirely overwhelming". That doesn't sound like someone who has just won a huge victory. That sounds like somebody who wanted a glorious defeat to make him the champion of the underdogs in time for the next election.

- Quboid

43. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 26, 2016, 11:50 Quboid

It was an advisory referendum, not legally binding, so it could be voted down. It wouldn't look very good to vote down something that just had a popular majority but it's a bit different for the SNP (Scottish National Party). I don't think they can flat out block it but since they have a huge majority in Scotland, won with an implicitly pro-Remain manifesto, and Remain won Scotland with a large margin, they can legitimately claim to be representing Scottish interests. They don't have much power outside of Scotland, so they would need plenty of other support.

Alternatively, how about this? Popcorn

- Quboid

40. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 25, 2016, 23:23 Quboid

The over 65 bracket had the highest turnout. If younger people had bothered to vote, it probably would have gone Remain. Idiots.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Civilization VI Videos
5. Re: Civilization VI Videos Jun 25, 2016, 15:13 Quboid

Peter M. Smith wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 14:35:
jdreyer wrote on Jun 25, 2016, 14:18:
It's interesting that the series is on its third designer in three versions.

While your statement is true at face value, the reality is Ed Beach was the designer for both of the Civ V expansions as well as the core of Civ VI.

It's quite a lot of shifting. If it wasn't for the fact that each game has been better than the previous in my opinion, I would think that lead designers are carrying the can for delivering a failure, with successors easing into the role with DLC.

The designers seem to go into indie development. Maybe they're unhappy working on large projects and fancy having the sort of control that they give their players. Maybe they don't like the size of their bonus.

This comment was edited on Jun 25, 2016, 15:19.

- Quboid

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Jun 25, 2016, 11:07 Quboid

Oh right, derp  

- Quboid

News Comments > etc., etc.
6. Re: etc., etc. Jun 24, 2016, 23:49 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Jun 24, 2016, 23:38:
I'll just leave this here...

Forgotten a Ctrl+V?

- Quboid

News Comments > American Truck Simulator Scale Change Plans
9. Re: American Truck Simulator Scale Change Plans Jun 24, 2016, 18:55 Quboid

Hmm, I thought ETS2 was 1:15.

I haven't played ATS yet but this sounds like a good change. I'd be wary of filler in most games but a sense of distance matters here.

- Quboid

5464 Comments. 274 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo