Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein Bürgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 5460 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Event[0] in September
6. Re: Event[0] in September Jul 14, 2016, 09:19 Quboid

Some webmaster at a shoddily coded gaming news site is wondering why their event manager is throwing Out Of Bounds errors.

Looking forward to the sequel, Event"); DROP TABLE users;

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
18. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 12, 2016, 19:15 Quboid

Beamer wrote on Jul 12, 2016, 18:31:
I recommend the Fractal Design R5. Better build quality and nearly silent.

Thanks. I will be getting a new case for my next build probably next year and this looks like the sort of thing I'll want: dust filters, quiet, no extra lights, windowless version and reportedly easy to work with.

- Quboid

News Comments > Steam Top 10
14. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 11, 2016, 11:50 Quboid

MattyC wrote on Jul 11, 2016, 03:36:
MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 23:23:
christheshitter wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 19:15:
This is why the new Doom sucks monkey balls and i agree with him although i wouldn't call it a bad game but a bad Doom game

https://youtu.be/WkJMYRz8RMQ

I listened to about 3 minutes of that guy and had to turn it off. Annoying voice, laughable review. Of course, not everyone is going to like every game, but "DOOM is the worst fps experience ever" ? Please.

It's fine to dislike a game, but don't publicly dislike a game just to be 'edgy' or whatever.

I think I was able to endure the pain for all of about 20 seconds... so I guess you did better than me.

I guessed that was Worth A Buy from these comments. Different bore, same shtick.

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 18:19 Quboid

Cutter wrote on Jul 10, 2016, 17:17:
And that aside, 100k for a writer? Hahahahaha! Smoke some more crack. Writers are a dime a dozen, try free games to review and people would beat down the doors to do it. Hell, a lot of those reviews are paid for in just that manner. I see no shortage of people providing disclaimers that they got a copy for a review.

And we wonder why game journalists are so often unprofessional, under educated and/or inexperienced.

he just whines about the industry all the time. Go do something else if you hate it so much.
- Cutter, 2016

Edit: Steamspy puts the number of owners of Democracy 3 at 450K, and he doesn't have a studio to pay. He's made millions. Democracy may have failed but the game didn't

This comment was edited on Jul 10, 2016, 18:32.

- Quboid

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Cliff Makes Sense Jul 10, 2016, 12:54 Quboid

He's right that Steam reviews suck, and I believe he's right about his game getting good reviews and sales so he has little to be sour about. I've seen negative reviews that are something like "why are you reading negative reviews for this amazing game?". If people can't use a thumb up/down system properly, it's a bit of a joke.

Treating a retailer as independent undermines his point hugely. Also, user reviews should never be taken individually so a huge range of hardware configurations are tested.

- Quboid

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
6. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jul 9, 2016, 12:59 Quboid

I've just uninstalled AVG from my parents' machines. The last straw was a popup which looked like an update but was actually browser toolbar and start-page. I really don't like security software that tricks its users, even non-paying ones.

We've got BitDefender on our machines now. 5 devices for £30/year.

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jul 8, 2016, 23:05 Quboid

This clueless n00b too. That's a pretty sweet monitor, but the stuff about burn-in in CJ_Parker's PCWorld article isn't the sort of stuff that $4,999 should buy you.

It seems OLED monitors are finally becoming a thing. It's taken a lot longer to get to this point than I thought it would, and it still has some way to go.

- Quboid

News Comments > BOID Released
2. Re: BOID Released Jul 8, 2016, 22:57 Quboid

Yay, I've been released! I'm free after serving 18 months for E.A.*

* Excessive Assault, when the judge agrees that someone deserved a good kicking but you took it too far.

- Quboid

News Comments > Out of the Blue
16. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 8, 2016, 21:19 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 20:07:
Quboid wrote on Jul 7, 2016, 14:22:
Anyone here sprechen Deutsch or Turkish? eRe4s3r?

How is the name 'Can' (as in Emre Can) pronounced by German football commentators? Khan, San, Jan, Chan (like in 'channel')? British commentators usually pronounce it Chan but it varies and they frequently suck at foreign names anyway.

Soft ch with a note of T in there, like Japanese "chan" yes but if you say it like that you are missing a sharp sound at the beginning that is kinda like a very short t that flows directly into the chan.

Anyway, have to say we lost that game deservedly...

Thanks. I think British commentators are too soft on the ch sound.

- Quboid

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
7. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 21:00 Quboid

Primalchrome wrote on Jul 8, 2016, 20:58:
I was disappointed that they tried to keep the word association game positive. I really had to dig to find something positive to check about Razer, Xbox, and Microsoft.

I passive aggressively labelled the Xbox as "For Everyone" but not "For Gamers".

- Quboid

News Comments > Windows Gaming Survey
6. Re: Windows Gaming Survey Jul 8, 2016, 20:59 Quboid

"Approximately how much did you spend on your gaming PC when you first purchased it?"

Erm, should I adjust for inflation? This PC is about 20 years old, but...

- Quboid

8. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2016, 14:22 Quboid

Anyone here sprechen Deutsch or Turkish? eRe4s3r?

How is the name 'Can' (as in Emre Can) pronounced by German football commentators? Khan, San, Jan, Chan (like in 'channel')? British commentators usually pronounce it Chan but it varies and they frequently suck at foreign names anyway.

- Quboid

15. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 6, 2016, 12:24 Quboid

Thank you Blue!  

- Quboid

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. Jul 6, 2016, 11:16 Quboid

Test  

- Quboid

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
17. Re: Buying digital skins has never been PHUNNER. Jul 4, 2016, 18:06 Quboid

LittleMe wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 16:52:
The system we have now is far worse than not having it. You're expressing fear of the unknown which is not rational. You're implying that change is bad when you agree the system is evil. That's double think.

Do your lights work? Can you buy food at a nearby shop? If your house is on fire, can you phone someone to come and deal with it? Will roaming bands of outlaws loot your house? If the answer to all four of these is "no", then you have a point: there's no reason to fear the unknown when things can only get better.

If not, wreaking the present system without having something else in mind is stupid. If you don't believe me, ask the smouldering ruins of Boris Johnson and Michael Gove's political careers.

- Quboid

News Comments > CS: GO Gambling Scam
10. Re: CS: GO Gambling Scam Jul 4, 2016, 15:18 Quboid

Fion wrote on Jul 4, 2016, 13:46:
The problem with blaming Valve is that they are hardly the only game developer that makes RNG loot crates that look just like gambling on a slot machine and were most definitely not the first to do so. If you sued them for it, you'd have to sue 95% of all mobile game and 100% of all card game developers.

Does any of this matter? It is Valve who allegedly facilitated gambling for these parents' children, so these parents sue Valve. If other parents of other children have a problem with other developers, they are free to sue and if 95% of mobile game devs are guilty then so be it.

- Quboid

11. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 4, 2016, 10:52 Quboid

It's not suspicion of a conspiracy, it's cynicism based on how badly scientific stuff gets reported.

Looking at the article RedEye9 linked to - I notice that among the signs of stress, they don't list tail wagging, trying to lick their owner's face or clamber on to their lap despite being over 20Kg dammit Pippen you're not a pup anymore oh alright then just this once.

There are times when my dog doesn't want to be hugged, and of course few people he wants a hug from. Perhaps some lousy owners give their dogs reason to feel intimidated. Perhaps using random photos isn't as representative as you might think because they share one characteristic - they're photos. How many of these dogs were being held in an unfamiliar way, hugged for uncomfortably long, or being told confusing things about looking a particular direction?

Not a hug but one time some random kid, about 8 years old, walked up to my dog (he was also over 20Kg) and planted a kiss on his head. The kid's dumbass mother laughed until my relative who was walking the dog pointed out that as neither she nor her child knew anything about the dog, it was only luck that she wasn't calling an ambulance for her mauled son.

This comment was edited on Jul 4, 2016, 11:05.

- Quboid

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
19. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Jul 3, 2016, 12:13 Quboid

It's too early to call Star Citizen a failure but not too early for it to drag down confidence in crowd funding. Where the funding actually happens doesn't matter.  

- Quboid

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Jul 2, 2016, 10:26 Quboid

NKD wrote on Jul 2, 2016, 10:11:
Am I misunderstanding or do these rules state that people aren't allowed to eat junk food on stream?

It looks like you can't have a stream about junk food. Sipping an energy drink while gaming isn't banned.

- Quboid

7. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 1, 2016, 14:02 Quboid

I don't have a clue what Lyme disease is but the tone of your post and the comments here is positive so yay!

The people of LA are damn cold going by that safety video. Seeing that and just stepping over the stricken body? Damn cold.

This comment was edited on Jul 1, 2016, 16:20.

- Quboid

5460 Comments. 273 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo