Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Quboid

Real Name Quboid   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Quboid
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description Ein BŁrgermeister
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 26, 2001, 01:42
Total Comments 6220 (Guru)
User ID 10439

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > ESA Rebukes President Trump
147. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 19:33 Quboid

Jeraxle wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 19:28:
Just for context, ** proceeds to complete ignore context **

No one really cares about a potty mouthed president. It's the context in which he said it.

Redeye9, please don't accuse people of shilling unless you have an actual reason - and thinking they're stupid doesn't count. It looks evasive, which you've no reason to be, and implies you can't comprehend people actually disagreeing with you.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

96. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 16:38 Quboid

DangerDog wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 16:23:
I didn't know the ESA was a go to source of such worldly importance, I wonder why they don't wield this power over removing lootboxes from games.

They're not, that's why you're reading this on a gaming site. Removing lootboxes, sadly, isn't really their job until publishers say it is.

Do you agree with Donald Trump's claim that more people attended his inauguration than Obama's?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
4. Re: Morning Safety Dance Jan 12, 2018, 16:15 Quboid

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:56:
Are exploding batteries a bug or a feature? ;P

In a couple of years from now, their fans will be bragging about Apple inventing the exploding battery...

15. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 10:57 Quboid

scarlet wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:54:
Much easier to condemn your own President, huh? Everybodyís doing it. Youíre so hip. Why donít condemn corrupt governments that make these countries awful places to live? You donít, because that would truly be brave.

This has absoutely nothing to do with the diversity of this country, you buffoon. The only backward thinking I see is from you, ESA president.

"truly be brave", right...

Why would the ESA comment about other countries' governments? That's not their job.

13. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 10:48 Quboid

Red886 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:45:
100 years ago, back then America was underpopulated. And they work. Living of aid is shameful for them. And they were invited.

these days, every migrant (legal or not) wants to stay in the cities. And the illegals want social aid and political protection regardless of their status. And they are not invited.

I'm sure, 100 years ago, you'd be whining about the Irish and Italians, too, with the same words.

(OK, the cities thing is true, but the rest synced up so well. Anyway, have you seen the rubbish that too many people in rural areas believe about migrants? Would you want to live there?)

4. Re: ESA Rebukes President Trump Jan 12, 2018, 10:32 Quboid

Linthat22 wrote on Jan 12, 2018, 10:09:
Then lets let all these bleeding hearts move to Haiti and tell us how great it is. Trump called Haiti a shithole, that's no different than calling Detroit a shithole.

Man, the media sure is twisting the weak minds of the populace.

It's the racial subtext of Trump's comment that's the problem, so it's completely different. Besides, that's not really something the US president should be calling places in the US either, is it?

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
2. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Jan 4, 2018, 12:57 Quboid

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 4, 2018, 12:43:
The hilarious thing is the claim that they chose an "anti-bias" them, then pile on the bias so thick that you can cut it with a knife through the internet.

What are you referring to, the comments about GamerGate?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
57. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 15:59 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 15:11:
Beamer's comment implies police officers put themselves purposely in a situation where the only solution is deadly force. Your point and my point align and say police officers are trained both physically and mentally to avoid the situation Beamer suggested.

Dude, no. I meant that they should be trained for this, not that they adequately are (which I think - not sure - you meant), and even ignoring the post Beamer was agreeing with, jdreyer's interpretation seems obvious to me.

51. Re: : Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 14:29 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 14:11:
Quboid wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 14:00:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 13:50:
Quboid wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:56:
Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:51:
Beamer: "If a cop is ready to kill, he needs to be ready to die," implying the cop isn't enforcing the law but committing murder.

It seems obvious to me that Beamer meant that if someone chooses to put themselves in life-threatening situations - and is paid handsomely accordingly - then they should accept that they're going to be in life-threatening situations. That means accepting danger as part of the job, so not killing any possible, hypothetical threat as soon as possible.

All police officers are trained not to put themselves in life-threatening situations regardless of the fact that each situation has the potential to become one. In other words, police officers typically go into a situation with caution. They also go through extensive psyche evaluations to ensure they aren't half-cocked lethal weapons.

I don't know what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure it's not the news about a cop killing an unarmed civilian.

It's a direct reply to your reply. Has nothing to do with the original topic.

My point was that this is not the time to be talking about how cops aren't half-cocked lethal weapons. Cops are trained to avoid risking life, but any call out could be a life-threatening situation.

Was this a life-threatening situation? If so, according to you the cop was wrong for not following his training. If not, according to you he killed someone without justification. Who is "implying the cop isn't enforcing the law but committing murder."?

46. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 14:00 Quboid

Kxmode wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 13:50:
Quboid wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:56:
Beamer: "If a cop is ready to kill, he needs to be ready to die," implying the cop isn't enforcing the law but committing murder.

It seems obvious to me that Beamer meant that if someone chooses to put themselves in life-threatening situations - and is paid handsomely accordingly - then they should accept that they're going to be in life-threatening situations. That means accepting danger as part of the job, so not killing any possible, hypothetical threat as soon as possible.

All police officers are trained not to put themselves in life-threatening situations regardless of the fact that each situation has the potential to become one. In other words, police officers typically go into a situation with caution. They also go through extensive psyche evaluations to ensure they aren't half-cocked lethal weapons.

I don't know what you're talking about but I'm pretty sure it's not the news about a cop killing an unarmed civilian.

43. Re: Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 11:56 Quboid

Quboid wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 11:44:
Retired wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 10:14:
I think anyone stating a human should die because of their job is a puke.

No one stated that, come on.

41. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 11:44 Quboid

Retired wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 10:14:
I think anyone stating a human should die because of their job is a puke.

No one stated that, come on.

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
23. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 31, 2017, 11:42 Quboid

One isn't a human if their ideology doesn't show through. It's not bias if it's what they honestly think. What you're asking for is false balance between what a journalist believes is true and what they don't believe, which is the sort of logical fallacy which leads people to believe that these administrations are similarly bad because they're both heavily criticised.  

33. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Dec 31, 2017, 08:47 Quboid

RedEye9 wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 08:10:
Retired wrote on Dec 31, 2017, 08:05:
Or park down the street, point a shotgun mic at the house wall from 100' away, then call them. Listen to what's going on inside the house before, during, and after the call.

Illegal.
But it's legal to shoot an unarmed, innocent man who is pulling up their pants.

It's OK for a cop to break the law if they decide it might help them avoid breaking a more important law?

What's needed for that sort of surveillance? Is there a warrant, and if so how quickly can one be got?

20. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 22:50 Quboid

wtf_man wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 20:52:
My point was no media is in the middle. I think they all have bias.

Ideology and bias are completely different things. Any alignment can be sincere, any can be biased. I'd say CNN is central, but biased towards shallow sensationalism.

CNN looks a bit right-wing to me, because I'm centre-left. It sounds like you're centre-right and, as per my original point, you half-believe Fox when they tell you that their competitors are the evil liberal media.

11. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 13:24 Quboid

wtf_man wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 12:48:
CNN ain't center. By Far. However, I will concede that MSNBC is far more left.

Who is centre in the media? Are you politically central, or would you say you lean left or right?

6. Re: Saturday Metaverse Dec 30, 2017, 12:39 Quboid

wtf_man wrote on Dec 30, 2017, 11:56:
That all depends on ones politics.

Here's the deal. They ALL lie. They ALL have their political bias and agendas (some are more obvious than others). They ALL inject their opinions instead report the news / or both sides of the story equally.

The "truth" is always somewhere in the middle. Pretty much if you take the same story from CNN and FOX (for example), and are able to weed out the bullshit bias between the two stories... you can interpret what is fairly factual and hopefully COME TO YOUR OWN CONCLUSION, instead of being a lemming that swallows ALL of the kool-aid from one side or the other.

/shrug

It's not equal. That's how they get you; Fox, Brietbart, and so on say ever more ridiculous things and people believe half of it. The tobacco industry used this for decades, pretended that reality was half way between reality and fiction.

The notion that the truth is somewhere in the middle only works if both sides are acting in good faith, and there's not much of that going around anywhere. It also only works if you pick equivalent sources, not one centre and one quite far right as you did.

One of the most fervent critics of centre and left media posted an article here a few days ago saying as much, showing that left and centre media tend to do more research. And then there's James O'Keefe, he'd have no chance outside of conservative media.

18. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 28, 2017, 20:37 Quboid

jdreyer wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 12:44:
Quboid wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 09:42:
Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 08:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 18:59:
Glad to see there's many voices of reason, untainted by "news" agencies that only report half truths like fox.
If by "news" you mean highly polarized and not objective, then I'd agree with that. Especially since those untainted agencies were far more likely to engage in what you're complaining about then even fox.

That's an interesting article, but where does it say anything like that?

Dood, you gotta read between the linez!!1

I guess so because it looks like Mashiki linked to an article that says his own news sources are less reliable than centre or left leaning ones, directly contradicting his own point here and his ideology in general.

16. Re: Morning Safety Dance Dec 28, 2017, 09:42 Quboid

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Dec 28, 2017, 08:42:
RedEye9 wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 18:59:
Glad to see there's many voices of reason, untainted by "news" agencies that only report half truths like fox.
If by "news" you mean highly polarized and not objective, then I'd agree with that. Especially since those untainted agencies were far more likely to engage in what you're complaining about then even fox.

That's an interesting article, but where does it say anything like that?

9. Re: I watched more DOOM videos (not all of them [TL;DW]), with a guy's commentaries, from YouTube... Dec 27, 2017, 14:46 Quboid

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Dec 27, 2017, 12:04:
Sigh, if only such scandals could gain any traction today. We have them on at least a weekly basis now, and they are far worse. Trump's people are already admitting to criminal acts and being indicted. Remember when Conway said we couldn't afford to have a president under investigation by the FBI? Yeah... me too...

Thank you for making a point I recently tried to make, but making it much, much better than I did.

I think there's a lack of dialogue within each side. (I realise politics is more complicated than left/right, but broadly speaking there are two camps, especially where there's a two-party system.) Extreme elements only interact with people who they see as the enemy, so they only get more entrenched and more vocal, drowning out moderate voices ever more.

The sort of people who believe Pizzagate aren't going to believe the evil perverts who abuse children in the basement of a pizza restaurants when they say that children aren't being abused in pizza restaurants. That's just what an evil pervert would say! We need moderate conservatives (handsome and remarkably virile upstanding citizens, as I've always said ) to do more to point out how ridiculous this stuff is, and to ask believers to think about who's telling them this stuff and why.

For balance, of course this applies to the left too. For fairness, not nearly as much and I'd feel disingenuous if I pretended otherwise - I don't believe that because I'm liberal, I'm liberal in part because I believe that. Still, any members of Antifa reading this who think that me disagreeing with conservatives in any minute way indicates wider support for physical violence, no. No. GTFO.

6220 Comments. 311 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo