Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for J.S. Omundson

Real Name J.S. Omundson   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname KezClone
Email isu.cyclones@gmail.com
Description
Homepage None given.
Signed On Jul 12, 2001, 22:58
Total Comments 273 (Amateur)
User ID 10323

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

News Comments > Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Rearmed and Remastered Free Week
4. Re: Rising Storm 2: Vietnam Rearmed and Remastered Free Week Nov 16, 2018, 00:20 KezClone

I might give this another shot.

I tried to play it right after release and it was just non-stop slurs on the voicecoms. Idiots seemed to be using the game as an excuse to whip out all the dumb shit they heard in Vietnam movies. It was gross. I bailed almost immediately.

News Comments > Out of the Park Baseball 19 Perfect Team Beta
2. Re: Out of the Park Baseball 19 Perfect Team Beta Nov 7, 2018, 18:31 KezClone

Sort of. It's "pay-to-win-faster".

I've been able to "earn" enough Perfect Points via in-game achievements that allows me to use PP to purchase a pack (6 random cards) about every couple real life days.

Once the ability to use real cash to purchase PP, it will be "pay-to-win-faster". It's not enabled yet though.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Into the Black Oct 10, 2018, 22:38 KezClone

Just the raaaaaging inferiority complex evident in this, nearly every vocal comment, the raw desperation for validation... Just....WOW.

News Comments > Evening Mobilization
2. Re: Evening Mobilization Aug 21, 2018, 19:43 KezClone

"Like all customers, fire departments choose service plans that are best for them. This customer purchased a government contract plan for a high-speed wireless data allotment at a set monthly cost. Under this plan, users get an unlimited amount of data but speeds are reduced when they exceed their allotment until the next billing cycle."

Fucking corporate doublespeak.

News Comments > Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale
41. Re: Bethesda Blocks Used Game Sale Aug 11, 2018, 20:57 KezClone

Wraith wrote on Aug 11, 2018, 16:13:
I guess I am stupid. Please explain.

The media you buy a game on is just media and in the case of a CD, that media is worth less than a dollar.

When you buy a game you're paying for the experience. You can't then finish the game and turn around and sell that experience to someone else. That's copyright infringement and it's theft.

Let me see if I can make it clearer. If you buy a game, finish it and then sell it to a chain of 10 friends who each buy it and sell it in turn, then 10 people have played the game.

However the development team only gets credit for 1 copy. Nobody gives a shit about the publishers, but the used game market fucks over the development teams. These teams get paid based on royalties, but the used game market steals royalties.

Does Gamesteal really deserve to resell a game 10 times? Really? Do you think that kind of thing is sustainable.

Like I said, the nuances of this argument are too complex for most people because people are stupid. Over the long term this activity results in developers getting screwed.

But, of course, who gives a shit when you can get a game for $10 off!

Morons.

This may be the stupidest post ever on Blues.

Son, buy a used car lately? You expect us to only buy new and hang onto it forever?

News Comments > Abstractism Yoinked
9. Re: Abstractism Yoinked Jul 31, 2018, 17:59 KezClone

jdreyer wrote on Jul 31, 2018, 16:43:
Sadly, letting you block games and genres you're not into is counter to Steam making money, so it will never happen.

Huh? Do you guys not know you can specifically exclude games by "tag" which includes genre?

Edit/customize your queue.

News Comments > Steam Chat Launches
2. Re: Steam Chat Launches Jul 24, 2018, 23:24 KezClone

SlimRam wrote on Jul 24, 2018, 22:38:
So does that mean that the chat is gonna get... steamy?

Bow chicka wow wow

News Comments > Morning Interviews
28. Re: Defiance 2050 Launches Jul 10, 2018, 22:14 KezClone

Beamer wrote on Jul 10, 2018, 18:15:
The dude was definitely super polite and innocuous. That doesn't mean he wasn't a jerk. You can totally be a super polite and innocuous jerk. In fact, it's the best way to be a jerk, because then the person who flips out at you, by your design, looks like the jerk!

And again, I totally get that an amateur acting like a professional as they contradict an actual professional about things they really have no experience about is frustrating. Were I to walk into a kitchen and start debating a Michelin chef on the right way to make a roux because I once watched a show on TV, I'd be a jerk, even if I were being polite.

I also get that lots of people, particularly in gaming, have to deal with that shit constantly.

But this was not the right time to break, or to defend a break. The dude seemed actually, good-faith polite. He seemed interested in what was being said and had his opinion. He didn't say she was wrong, or really imply it. Seemed to want a conversation, and by posting what she posted on Twitter (instead of, as others suggested, Medium), she seemed to open the line for a conversation.

If the guy had been a clear jerk, sure, but here? Again, totally get straws breaking the backs of dromedaries and all, but the reaction was way over the top, particularly to a fan, particularly on an account linked to your employer.

I'm sure we can look through her tweets and find dozens of people we'd almost all be ok with her blowing up at. This guy wasn't one of them.

Good post. My feelings on this are much the same.

She is right that there is a shit-ton of misogynistic behavior that female gamers/developers have to deal with but this really was the wrong time to snap. She misread the poster's intent.

News Comments > Defiance 2050 Launches
1. Re: Defiance 2050 Launches Jul 10, 2018, 21:57 KezClone

As a big fan of the original Defiance, I gave this a shot--it's simply a money-grab re-release.

News Comments > Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway
4. Re: Destiny 2 Free Weekend Underway Jul 6, 2018, 23:12 KezClone

Weird, I bought Destiny 2 with the Humble Bundle subscription a month or so ago and haven't had a single issue crash-wise since I started. Been having so much fun i just bought the season pass on sale for almost half off via Bungie sale.

It's been quite a bit of fun.

News Comments > Anarchy Online Turns 17
12. Re: Anarchy Online Turns 17 Jun 27, 2018, 18:25 KezClone

sauron wrote on Jun 27, 2018, 16:11:
*Twitches and prevents self from re-installing GW2, FFXI, FFXIV, and especially LOTRO*.

Those things are crack, man, even if you're the Dark Lord.

Go for LOTRO!

I did it myself a few months back, even subscribed. It's still amazing!

News Comments > Star Control Court Battle Brewing?
20. Re: Star Control Court Battle Brewing? Jun 24, 2018, 15:27 KezClone

Stardock can gargle balls.  

News Comments > Defiance 2050 Next Month; Open Beta Next Week
5. Re: Defiance 2050 Next Month; Open Beta Next Week Jun 13, 2018, 19:09 KezClone

I liked Defiance the game quite a bit. It was as described below--pretty good to really good but lacked a longterm hook.  

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Re: Into the Black May 24, 2018, 21:34 KezClone

Shit.

RIP

News Comments > Gone Gold - Vampyr
12. Re: Gone Gold - Vampyr May 19, 2018, 12:11 KezClone

Saboth wrote on May 18, 2018, 17:27:
Seems like your balls often lead you astray. Why are you listening to two nuts like that, anyhow?

NICE

News Comments > Conan Exiles Video
10. Re: Conan Exiles Video Apr 25, 2018, 15:38 KezClone

I would be interested in playing on your server too, Darks. I've dabbled in Exiles for a bit but havne't really taken a serious stab at it yet.

News Comments > Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered
4. Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance Delivered Feb 13, 2018, 22:54 KezClone

Haven't personally run into any bugs yet. Says I put 7 hours in today and it doesn't feel like it. I'm LOVING it.

Storyline is great so far. I played a couple hours, got sucked in and suddenly the words "Warhorse Studios" pops up and I realized that was just the intro!

Combat is different--challenging. I haven't seen anyone else's reviews but I imagine some don't like the sluggishness of early combat (when your skills SUCK). Takes some getting used to and, remember, FLEEING is a valid tactic.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
13. Re: Morning Consolidation Feb 12, 2018, 23:50 KezClone

I got in early on the Kickstarter for like $30 and it's finally HERE!! Downloading the pre-load right now.

News Comments > etc., etc.
2. Re: etc., etc. Feb 8, 2018, 23:53 KezClone

That e-book on History of CRPGs is amazing!!

News Comments > Jess Cliffe Arrest Details
33. Re: Jess Cliffe Arrest Details Feb 3, 2018, 22:25 KezClone

This is a goddamn creepy thread. Thank you, Beamer, for the ray of common sense.

273 Comments. 14 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo