Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for BicycleRepairMan

Real Name BicycleRepairMan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname BicycleRepairMan
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description It's all in a days work for BicycleRepairMan
Homepage http://
Signed On Jul 12, 2001, 21:03
Total Comments 883 (Graduate)
User ID 10319

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name
20. Re: Blizzard Dropping Battle.net Name Sep 22, 2016, 01:36 BicycleRepairMan

nin wrote on Sep 22, 2016, 01:05:

It was rumored years ago that Activision wanted to use b.net as it's own competitor to steam. Never seemed to materialize, though...

I guess they were making games instead , like diablo 3, Warcraft 3.... you know, games with "3" in their name...

valve..?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2016, 13:53 BicycleRepairMan

Secondly , do not buy the Rubiks Brand cube , there are FAR Better cubes out there , the MoYu brand makes some wicked good ones , my personal favourite is the stickerless guo guan yuexiao. I buy mine from cubezz , but if you look elsewhere a MoYu Aolong v2 is a more commonly stocked cube and really good too. Get a stickerless , they both look cool and you dont need the hassle of getting ripped stickers  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 26, 2016, 13:34 BicycleRepairMan

My method you only need 3 algorithms an an easy move 1: solve a 2x2, expand it into a 2x2x3, now you have 2 sides left, lets say red ( Right side) an yellow (up), now without moving your finished 2x2x3 , try making a red and yellow cross (+), cant do it ? Then 2 or more edges are wrong , make edges right : hold red side towards yourself an yellow side up. Place one Wrong piece on reds left side an one wrong edge on the up back ( all this can be done without Moving the finished 2x2x3. Now you have to switch the two wrong pieces: L', U, L
Repeat until all red and yellow edges are correct and you can make a cross on both scrambled sides . After correcting the edges you can complete the first two layers(2/3rds of the red side) by only moving red (R)ight side and yellow (U)p side.

Now you should have a cube where the first 2 layers are solved , and the yellow layer has a yellow + on top . Now focus on the 4 top corners , and only placement( it doesnt matter that they are oriented wrong) likely only 2 of then can be placed correctly , place one of the two correct ones closest to you on the left (if the are on the same side , place both on the left) do the following algorithm: L, U', R',U L', U', R ( if the correct corners are diagonally placed , you need to do this twice)

Almost there , now do the Sune algorithm until ITS all yellow on top R, U, R',U, R, 2U , R'
Last algorithm 2F ,U, L, R', 2F, L', R, U', 2F
And you're done

Notation U= Turn up side 90 Degrees clockw , the side that is pointing, most commonly this is always yellow
U'= up side 90 degrees countercw
R=right side 90d cw
R'= Right 90d ccw
You get the idea
L left
F=front , the side facing you
B= back side facing away from you
D= Down
When there is a 2 , as in 2U , turn U 180 degrees

This comment was edited on Jul 26, 2016, 14:37.

News Comments > Op Ed
22. Re: Op Ed Jul 10, 2016, 18:17 BicycleRepairMan

Yeah, thats one way to destroy the credibility of a mult-billion dollar moneymachine, or they could, you know, not do that.

Customer reviews are like youtube comments and everything else on the net, 90% crap. And sometimes that crap is even voted forward, but if I'm considering buying a game, those reviews wont count, unless i happen upon one that seems well-written and thought out by a real person. They are rare, sure, but pretty easy to spot in the pile if you ask me. Also I look at the Metacritic score, and maybe check out some reviews there, and last but not least, if Im in doubt, Watch some letsplay on youtube of the game in question. Look, developers, its not that hard, all you got to do is to create a bugfree, fun, entertaining game thats superduper awesome and affordable, and people will buy and play it. Thats all there is to it.*

*In other words its almost impossible, but thats why you probably shouldnt be a game developer, unless you should, in which case you can make a great game.

News Comments > DOOM Cinematic
10. Re: DOOM Cinematic Apr 1, 2016, 06:52 BicycleRepairMan

VaranDragon wrote on Apr 1, 2016, 02:55:
Wow jacob, that one is pretty insane. Would use as background.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cc9bXhmVAAAATsR.jpg:orig
Heres the original , I use it as desktop BG too

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Feb 9, 2016, 11:14 BicycleRepairMan

"3D TVs to Disappear into History. Won't even say I told you so."

I predict the same headline with "VR" in it in about 2 years.

News Comments > New Brutal Doom
11. Re: New Brutal Doom Jan 3, 2016, 04:59 BicycleRepairMan

Final doom, doom 2 etc is on sale on steam right now, 75% off, so its like $1 or so, if you've lost your old doom installs/discs  

News Comments > CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit
34. Re: CIG Demands Escapist Retraction; Threatens Lawsuit Oct 5, 2015, 11:00 BicycleRepairMan

OUCH! CIG is gonna crash and burn, this is a self-inflicted deathblow for sure. EVEN if all the "Accusations" at the Escapist were made-up (And I highly doubt that they are made up), they were all made up by the sources (unless the sources are made up, which means Escapist is too stupid to imagine), so at best (for CIG) this is a conspiracy between the ex/disgruntled employees to fool Escapist, and the Escapist cannot be blamed.

This is a classic slapsuit threat.

News Comments > Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources
32. Re: Escapist Defends Star Citizen Sources Oct 3, 2015, 04:52 BicycleRepairMan

How do people still believe in this sky-castle? I mean, take a look at other AAA games, lets take the COD/MW franchise: COD is made on a massive budget with MASSIVE teams that have shipped games together in the past, so they are tightly knit and know each others limits and strengths etc, they spend 2-3 years making each game, which is basically an upgrade of the last game, same engine, same style, same gameplay, scripting, animation systems, art, level design etc. And the games are super-linear and typically pretty short campaigns and looks almost identical to the last COD game. So basically despite an almost endless budget and team size, they have a very limited plan and stick to it = shipped polished game. And there are STILL issues with these games. How the fuck is SC going to look on "release day"?  

10. Re: Out of the Blue Jul 7, 2015, 16:18 BicycleRepairMan

Uh 7/7 lucky day?? you do know that UK people remember that date a bit like the date 9/11 is remembered in the US, right? as in "The seven-seven bombings in London"

IAW, not considered a "reverse Friday the 13th" exactly here in Europe..

News Comments > SOMA in September
12. Re: SOMA in September May 31, 2015, 15:28 BicycleRepairMan

"I hope Frictional Games does not disappoint as usual" is a bad sentence, it could be read both ways either "I hope they do not disappoint, they usually dont" OR "I hope they do not disappoint , like they usually do"  

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: etc. May 17, 2015, 16:45 BicycleRepairMan

"#GamerGate Isn't A Harassment Campaign, States WAM! Reportů"

Thats not exactly what the report says. it actually says that 12% of abuse (12% of a specific blocklist) can be linked to GG.

Getting the message that you are responsible for 12% of the harassment on twitter is hardly a good sign.

The real measure of how good or bad GG is would be the ratio WITHIN GG of abusers, misogynists etc on one side vs decent people on the other side. if only an insignificant minority of GGrs were assholes, then fine, you can claim GG is not a bad thing.

I also would like to see the GG being measured on its actual accomplishments/consequences. We know for instance, that several women have had their lives disrupted and partially ruined by GG harassment. How many important ethical injustices have been revealed by GG to make up for bullshit like that?

News Comments > Sunday Mobilization
7. Re: Sunday Mobilization Apr 13, 2015, 04:44 BicycleRepairMan

The Apple Watch teardown doesnt seem 100% legit.. And it was posted on April 1st.. hmm

News Comments > WoW Tokens Near
9. Re: WoW Tokens Near Mar 24, 2015, 15:08 BicycleRepairMan

Obviously I was being facetious, I didnt mean tokens or whatever specifically, I meant the idea of paying for an endless stream of virtual stuff, such as subscriptions, items, gold, whatever, not to mention the 3rd party black and gray markets (gold-farming etc.)This token stuff just seems to be a continuation of all that stuff.. I like paying for a game once, basically. Plus on the offchance that actually playing it will change my mind, I dont want to become addicted to one of these things. So THAT is why I dont play MMOs

beigemore wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 14:46:
BicycleRepairMan wrote on Mar 24, 2015, 13:40:
So, out of curiosity, because I have never ever, ever played wow or any other MMO, what the hell is a token? Reading the description, it sounds alot like ingame currency, whats the point if there is gold already? Basically you pay $20 real money for a token that you can sell for pretend money gold? I guess this is why I dont play MMOs or F2P.

Sounds like you weren't playing MMO's anyway, and WoW is only 10 years old. Not like you had time to try playing it well before something like this ever came up.

News Comments > WoW Tokens Near
4. Re: WoW Tokens Near Mar 24, 2015, 13:40 BicycleRepairMan

So, out of curiosity, because I have never ever, ever played wow or any other MMO, what the hell is a token? Reading the description, it sounds alot like ingame currency, whats the point if there is gold already? Basically you pay $20 real money for a token that you can sell for pretend money gold? I guess this is why I dont play MMOs or F2P.  

News Comments > Another Steam Concurrent User Record
2. Re: Another Steam Concurrent User Record Jan 2, 2015, 18:08 BicycleRepairMan

After the latest peak, its now past 8.5m with 87 people.  

News Comments > Evolve Big Alpha Underway
20. Re: Evolve Big Alpha Underway Nov 1, 2014, 17:09 BicycleRepairMan

Heres a few codes from me too, my rig died, so I cant play myself.
CODE for PC:
YFXVD-VNJNY-QTM43
YFXVG-PM237-Z6LJR
YFXW6-GLTI2-L3NFE
YFXY4-4A2J4-CNGAX

News Comments > Saints Row Creative Director Joins Valve
5. Re: Saints Row Creative Director Joins Valve Sep 15, 2014, 12:41 BicycleRepairMan

Half-Life the Third?  

News Comments > MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow?
28. Re: MS to Reveal $2.5B Mojang Deal Tomorrow? Sep 14, 2014, 14:05 BicycleRepairMan

I dont know how Mojang could possibly be worth 2.5 billion. I mean, sure, I guess minecraft can still sell a few million copies, But lets face it: Minecraft is a viral hit, a one-off. MS/mojang can still rake in some money on it, but Mojang making "another MineCraft" is a near impossibility. It doesnt matter how talented or dedicated they are to making the best game ever. Hell they could even make the best game ever, but it wont be close to as popular as minecraft. Some of these aquisition prices are completely ridiculous, and will be the end of companies like MS and Facebook. Mojang is what, 15 swedes in an office building hired by notch + the minecraft ip. At some point, MS has to ask themselves what you -could- have done with 2500 million dollars. You could hire 50 people and pay them each a million dollars a year the rest of their life (and still have interest to spare.) I refuse to believe that a company like MS cant think of a better way of spending that kind of money.  

21. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 23, 2014, 13:51 BicycleRepairMan

I got 77-7 = 70 on the test, I'm a non-native speaker, so pretty happy with that. In fact, I've never even been in the US or Canada. (or England for that matter. Been in scotland once.)

I did feel slightly cheated, as I discarded "hath" because I thought it was extinct, but apparantly thou still hath some use for it!

883 Comments. 45 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo