Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7537 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
33. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 15:44 Hump

I can't remember but didn't Randy Pitchford do an interview a while ago where he said he hates invasive DRM and they weren't going to be doing that with Borderlands?

Technically, it (Steam activation) is a form of DRM but to call it "invasive" is going a bit far. You know what you're getting ahead of time. Its not like someone installed a rootkit on your system without your knowledge of finding out at the last minute that the game has some draconian activation scheme that fucks your system up.

In any case I wouldn't blame Gearbox, shit like this is always the doing of the publisher.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
2. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 13:14 Hump

...or you could've just released the fucking thing along side the console versions instead of this asinine belief that the pirated PC versions would have cut into your all precious console sku.....

EDIT: Just re-reading this press release again and they contradict themselves. They lament the fact that people got copies early but cannot, under any circumstances unlock it early for those people worrying that the game would be hacked and put up on torrent sites for download ruining their potential sales. But then they mention at the end of the press release a 4 day gap between the north American and international versions. Do they think that the rest of the world isn't going grab the hacked North American versions before the international street date?

I'm about as dumb as they come but holy fucking christ these people make NO sense.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2009, 13:24.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Unreal Tease
13. Re: Unreal Tease Oct 23, 2009, 21:23 Hump

all hail cliffy *Destroyer of Unreal and Coop* b.

This is total heresay but I've heard it from several sources that Cliffy was partly responsible for the state U2 ended up in. It was his first true AAA game where he wore the top producer hat. Evidently Cliffy acted like a little Nazi compromising many of Legends ideas for the game including siding with Atari's idea to remove the multiplayer aspect (XMP), something which put UT2k3 (a dedicated multiplayer game) to shame.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Star Trek Online Trailer
2. Re: Star Trek Online Trailer Oct 23, 2009, 19:40 Hump

The space combat looks great. The ground combat...well.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Unreal Tease
1. Re: Unreal Tease Oct 23, 2009, 19:36 Hump

Let me guess, Epics answer to Quake Live?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > CD Project Deal Complete
6. Re: CD Project Deal Complete Oct 23, 2009, 16:55 Hump

I know it's stereotyping but I can't help it.....I don't think I could ever bring myself to invest in "the Polish stock market"....... Freak  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Painkiller: Resurrection Demo Glitch
2. Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Demo Glitch Oct 22, 2009, 20:46 Hump

LOLOL, so if it was an "Old demo version" that was released then all you had to do was upload the real one as soon as it came to light, right? Oh, wait, its going to take a week?

This is more like "we were inundated with negative comments including death threats hence we decided that the demo might be a tad underdeveloped".

I seem to remember a couple of other game demos that this happened to with the same backpedaling "oh it was the wrong demo" excuse.

Jowood is and always has been a low-class bottom of the barrel publisher.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > New on GameTap
3. Re: New on GameTap Oct 22, 2009, 19:50 Hump

Gametap is a great service. Especially if you have a family computer.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > THQ to Publish Metro 2033
6. Re: THQ to Publish Metro 2033 Oct 22, 2009, 13:30 Hump

I like the Russians for making actual PC games, even if some of them are pretty rough around the edges.

Russian/Ukranian (and many Eastern Euro devs in general)devs seem to take more chances and are more ambitious in what they design. Like you said, most times it ends up buggy and sometimes silly but its always interesting. A perfect example is the difference between STALKER and FarCry2. The former is insanely detailed, immersive and varied. FC2 looked great but it felt sterile, repetitious and compartmentalized.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Global Agenda Pricing Q&A
1. Re: Global Agenda Pricing Q&A Oct 21, 2009, 20:38 Hump

Anyone have a beta slot to this that they aren't using or are not going to use? If so click on my name and drop me an email. I will be forever grateful Happy2  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Painkiller: Resurrection Demo [Updated]
16. Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Demo Oct 21, 2009, 20:16 Hump

did you ever play the original Ant?  

- Jim Goad

13. Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Demo Oct 21, 2009, 20:05 Hump

In order of their release is their order of quality from best to worst. The original is classic, one of my top 3. This demo in comparison is just....ugh.

If you've never played any of them then this might be fun for you. I'm just lamenting the drop in quality.

- Jim Goad

11. Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Demo Oct 21, 2009, 19:44 Hump

I wonder if the game is any fun.

Protest Protest Protest

- Jim Goad

9. Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Demo Oct 21, 2009, 17:19 Hump

I had the opposition experience Hump, Overdose soured me on the franchise for a long time but thankfully there wasn't much to ignore other than gold packs and whatnot. I'll give this a whirl later tonight though.

If Overdose turned you off, then this will put the nail in the coffin. Overdose is a AAA affair compared to this awful piece of shit. The texture work, long a hallmark of the series, looks like it was done by a high-school digital arts class (stretched textures aplenty!). The level design is laughable. It is so bad in fact that I'd be willing to bet that Jowood secured a deal with the developers to only pay them if it sold -X- amount of copies.

This is NOT a Painkiller game folks. This is someone who got permission to use that legendary games' assets and made a mockery out of it.

Garbage.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > I'm Not Alone Announced
8. Re: I'm Not Alone Announced Oct 21, 2009, 14:58 Hump

Title should read "I wish I had a texture artist"  

- Jim Goad

6. Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Demo Oct 21, 2009, 14:38 Hump

I still havent brought myself to play Overdose. I've started it twice and been bored before the end of the first level. Wasnt sure if it wasnt the game or I just wasnt in the mood for a mindless run & gun shooter.

It gets somewhat better Dag. A few of the weapons are more novelty than useful (something that People Can Fly avoided like the plague) but overall it ain't half bad for something that started out as a mod.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Still More on MW2 Servers
34. Re: Still More on MW2 Servers Oct 21, 2009, 00:44 Hump

I'm surprised so many people are upset about the lack of Dedicated Pc servers. I didn't think CoD4 was all that popular for the PC but judging by peoples reactions I guess plenty of people still play it?

The fact that you're surprised leads me to beleive you bought the console version. There's a HUGE community around CoD4 for the PC.

Evidently not big enough for the powers that though since this action seems almost like an afterthought.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Still More on MW2 Servers
20. Re: Still More on MW2 Servers Oct 20, 2009, 21:20 Hump

The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters

he might have well just said to the hacking community "Come get me while I'm fucking your mom"

It'll be interesting to watch......

With so many 'benefits' why did they not tell people about the PC server details till it was squeezed out of them a month before release? Could it be that if PC players heard about 'no dedicated servers' early on that it might look bad?

I think you answered you're own question....lol.

I'm buying it primarily for the single player campaign....something that IW does so well. I will definitely play multi but I'm skeptical about the lack of cheating that they are espousing.

Love Infinity Ward.....hate Activision.

Thats all I'm sayin'.....

This comment was edited on Oct 20, 2009, 21:26.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Global Agenda Pricing Details
1. Re: Global Agenda Pricing Details Oct 20, 2009, 17:11 Hump

Can anyone in the beta break NDA a bit and mention if this thing is fun or not?

I usually get into most beta's I apply for but this one has been a bitch. I think I'll stop using my real age on the application forms from now on. No doubt I'm well past their target demographic.....

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Borderlands Midnight Madness & Trailers
38. Re: Borderlands Midnight Madness & Trailers Oct 20, 2009, 08:42 Hump

It happens, sure. Console piracy exists. It is not prevalent and never will be until there is a softmod which is highly unlikely due to the 360's security precautions.

I'm pretty sure there is/was a softmod.

Even so, 99% of folks aren't going to jeopardize their investment and take the chance of getting banned or fucking up their system. Console piracy is almost a non-issue.

- Jim Goad

7537 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo