Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Germany 08/31
Chicago, IL USA, IL 10/19

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7554 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > Painkiller: Resurrection Released, New Demo
4. Re: Painkiller: Resurrection Released, New Demo Oct 30, 2009, 09:18 Hump

I remember trying the 1st PainKiller demo for the Original. It was pretty cool.

Cool? It was fucking EPIC!

PK was the technically the first game out of the gate that had physics that truly affected gameplay (it was being played while Valve was still showing off Source to people at E3). There was nothing cooler than "juggling" dead bodies with the Painkiller alt-fire.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > New Assault Tech 1: BattleTech
6. Re: New Assault Tech 1: BattleTech Oct 29, 2009, 15:29 Hump

I hope the re-release doesn't run through that app ONLY, otherwise i may have to go out of my way and actually pirate a free game.

I think you're overreacting a bit. MTX is stable and the stats tracking is just that, for stats tracking. Its NOT spyware. You can also disable the sounds etc.

As far as the MW4 free release, if you were to download ALL the content that the MW4 free package it would take HOURS because there is sinply so much stuff between the official software and Mekteks superb MekPaks, maps packs and a ton of other stuff. MTX will download it all and install it for you.

Mektek are a great group of guys who do this shit on their own dime for BT community. They aren't getting paid.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior 4 at Midnight? (No) [Updated]
16. Re: MechWarrior 4 at Midnight? (No) Oct 28, 2009, 17:20 Hump

Apparently it's the beta that is available right now. The front page http://mektek.net/projects/at1/promo/index.html says you need to download their distribution program to get it.

The distribution program is going to be necessary when the free MW4 gets released. There is such a massive amount of content between the retail games and the add-on work Mektek did that it would take you nearly a whole afternoon to download and install on your own. I got their application running, its works well, no spyaware etc.

This comment was edited on Oct 28, 2009, 17:20.

- Jim Goad

4. Re: MechWarrior 4 at Midnight? Oct 27, 2009, 21:50 Hump

False alarm guys (sorry Stephen).

Not a total wash out though. They have released Assault Tech 1 which is a brand new, made from scratch Battletech simulator. It play very similar to MW2 as far as controls and feel.

Here's a video of the game in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI0VxrbOhJI&feature=related

This comment was edited on Oct 27, 2009, 22:01.

- Jim Goad

3. Re: MechWarrior 4 at Midnight? Oct 27, 2009, 21:47 Hump

Don't forget, this will also have Mekteks HUGE backlog of mods, mechs, maps, skins, etc.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Shattered Horizon Next Week, Preorder & DLC Plans
2. Re: Shattered Horizon Next Week, Preorder & DLC Plans Oct 26, 2009, 16:35 Hump

I hear there's only one gun in the whole game...... Is that true?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Borderlands' Firm Street Dates
133. Re: Borderlands Dates Oct 26, 2009, 08:02 Hump

20,000+ downloads on one torrent.

How many of those do you think are international?

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Elder Scrolls V Hint
14. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 25, 2009, 19:55 Hump

The Hero engine has some unique aspects to it, one being that it allows artists (and programmers I think) to work in one common virtual area at the same time.

Here's the site:

http://www.heroengine.com/

one thing that caught my eye was a page that showed what looked like a new version of a Cyberstrike pod. I'd love to see Simultronics do Cyberstrike 3 multiplayer. It'll never happen though since I beleive CS2 was a bust. Fun game though.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Pediatricians' Game Concerns
13. Re: Pediatricians' Game Concerns Oct 25, 2009, 17:55 Hump

Kinda sad that only one other poster has mentioned this so far. Conflating correlation and causation is how these people make their living.

Kinda sad? This isn't exactly slashdot comments section here friend.....be thankful that the thread hasn't devolved into a personal name-calling flame-fest (yet).

- Jim Goad

114. Re: Borderlands Dates Oct 25, 2009, 17:38 Hump

Edit: I just thought of something... I wonder how many european pre-orders will be canceled by people getting pirate copy since they have to wait yet another week. 2k should worldwide unlock at midnight tonight if they were smart.

Thank you.

I said the same thing earlier. Not only is their PC delay to prevent cannibalization of the console version utter BS but they can't even follow their own twisted logic. They will ABSOLUTELY lose sales because of a staggered US vs. International release date.

Then the dumb bastards will sit back in the boardroom as the sell through figures roll in and tsk tsk all the pirating that going on.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Pediatricians' Game Concerns
7. Re: Pediatricians' Game Concerns Oct 25, 2009, 15:26 Hump

"They reviewed a variety of studies that found associations between media violence and aggressive behavior, bullying, desensitization to violence, nightmares, depression, sleep disturbances, and a fear of being harmed that could result in a teen carrying a weapon or acting more aggressively."

Let's translate: "We cherry picked facts to coincide with our political agenda"

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Elder Scrolls V Hint
7. Re: Elder Scrolls V Hint Oct 25, 2009, 15:21 Hump

Elder Scrolls games have always had long development cycles so 2012 does sound about right. It would also make sense in terms of coming out for the next generation of consoles seeing ES games make huge leaps in graphics quality with each release.  

- Jim Goad

98. Re: Borderlands' Firm Dates Oct 25, 2009, 13:33 Hump

You can play all day Monday if you bought retail, and half the day Monday if you bought steam

well, so much for staying up until midnight to play some of the game.

What the hell was I thinking..... expecting the game to be available at the same time as other versions? It must be that "elitist" PC gamer attitude console gamers talk about.... Dozey

- Jim Goad

48. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 18:29 Hump

Have faith in the hackers - give 'em time!

The encryption to unlock the game to play before the date is too high end. Once they have the files then all bets are off.

- Jim Goad

40. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 17:07 Hump

t IS available on at least one private torrent.

the files may be available but that doesn't mean its playable.

- Jim Goad

36. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 16:13 Hump

My understanding is that securom protects the retail copies, not steam.

God help us all...... Wreck

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 2's Length
43. Re: IW on MW2's Length Oct 24, 2009, 15:50 Hump

I'd rather spend time with my wife than a video game for hours.

SICKO!

- Jim Goad

33. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 15:44 Hump

I can't remember but didn't Randy Pitchford do an interview a while ago where he said he hates invasive DRM and they weren't going to be doing that with Borderlands?

Technically, it (Steam activation) is a form of DRM but to call it "invasive" is going a bit far. You know what you're getting ahead of time. Its not like someone installed a rootkit on your system without your knowledge of finding out at the last minute that the game has some draconian activation scheme that fucks your system up.

In any case I wouldn't blame Gearbox, shit like this is always the doing of the publisher.

- Jim Goad

2. Re: Borderlands' Firm Street Dates Oct 24, 2009, 13:14 Hump

...or you could've just released the fucking thing along side the console versions instead of this asinine belief that the pirated PC versions would have cut into your all precious console sku.....

EDIT: Just re-reading this press release again and they contradict themselves. They lament the fact that people got copies early but cannot, under any circumstances unlock it early for those people worrying that the game would be hacked and put up on torrent sites for download ruining their potential sales. But then they mention at the end of the press release a 4 day gap between the north American and international versions. Do they think that the rest of the world isn't going grab the hacked North American versions before the international street date?

I'm about as dumb as they come but holy fucking christ these people make NO sense.

This comment was edited on Oct 24, 2009, 13:24.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Unreal Tease
13. Re: Unreal Tease Oct 23, 2009, 21:23 Hump

all hail cliffy *Destroyer of Unreal and Coop* b.

This is total heresay but I've heard it from several sources that Cliffy was partly responsible for the state U2 ended up in. It was his first true AAA game where he wore the top producer hat. Evidently Cliffy acted like a little Nazi compromising many of Legends ideas for the game including siding with Atari's idea to remove the multiplayer aspect (XMP), something which put UT2k3 (a dedicated multiplayer game) to shame.

- Jim Goad

7554 Comments. 378 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo