Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7493 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

News Comments > On PlanetSide Next
2. Re: On PlanetSide Next Oct 11, 2009, 13:52 Hump

I never play planetside and don't know much about it but the massive battles and the "none of this 64 player stuff" got my brain tingling.

go download it and check it out. The graphics are dated but its still a helluva lot of fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Just Cause 2 Trailer
1. Re: Just Cause 2 Trailer Oct 10, 2009, 14:06 Hump

don't beleive the hype.

This studio put out cool and exciting gameplay videos for the first game which turned out to be a boring pile of shit. I'm waiting for the reviews this time.....

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Shaba Closure Confirmed
2. Re: Shaba Closure Confirmed Oct 10, 2009, 07:12 Hump

They're not "resources" assholes, they're people. And you're still insanely profitable so no, this wasn't necessary, it was just greedy.

^^ditto^^

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands
10. Re: Game Reviews Oct 9, 2009, 19:58 Hump

Like the devs of Crackdown did it: sectioned off area, accelerated skill progression and timed gameplay

I think Crackdown was a lot more streamlined and simple. Borderlands stats are pretty much emulate a true RPG which has a lot more variables. Plus it has classes, etc.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Gold - Borderlands
4. Re: Game Reviews Oct 9, 2009, 18:19 Hump

Is there a demo available?

Nope, and from what Gearbox has said I'm not sure there will be one in the near future.

Its the same with any other RPG-centric game....how do they give you a good idea of the type of gameplay you'll get when there's so many variables to it yet fit it in demo form?

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Ubisoft Acquires Nadeo
9. Re: Ubisoft Acquires Nadeo Oct 5, 2009, 20:40 Hump

Nadeo is one of the most generous and involved devs when it comes to their community. I pray that this doesn't change now that Ubi's shareholders have to be taken into consideration.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 PC Delay?
45. Re: MW2 PC Delay? Oct 5, 2009, 19:41 Hump

Nope, just personal observation from hanging out here and other places. And for the record, I don't dispute the numbers that developers bandy about when decrying piracy; what I take issue with is how they use them, i.e. Yerli Crevat using torrent vs. sale ratios to claim that Crysis could have sold as much as 20 times more copies were it not for piracy.

Theres no doubt that piracy does effect SOME sales numbers but Crevat was talking about strictly PC sale numbers. What I dispute is the current practice of publishers delaying the PC release due to their belief that pirated PC downloads cuts into the console Sku (the practice I REALLY detest are the PR suits trying to sell people on the fact that its being done to "polish" the game).

Go to gaming sites that attract a much younger demographic than Blues ie; Kotaku, Destructoid, Joystiq, etc. No one gives a shit about the PC version. Most don't even have PC's capable of running current gen DX10 games. They're all on cheap laptops or Macbooks or their parents ancient rig. The talk is 95% console-centric.

IMO the practice of delaying is grandstanding for their shareholders so they can say they're "doing something" about piracy's affect on their bottom line.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Modern Warfare 2 PC Delay?
11. Re: Modern Warfare 2 PC Delay? Oct 5, 2009, 12:02 Hump

Its unfortunate but smart for all these mulitplatform games,

there is absolutely no proof that pirated PC versions cut into console sales in any significant manner. this is simple paranoia on the part of upper management at publishers. Particularly with this IP where 90% of its user base is mainly interested in multiplayer. You need a valid serial to play on official servers which track your stats and unlocked weapons.

I'm still buying the game (Lord knows I'm a weak man) but I'm pulling my pre-order. I'm not giving these spineless shitbags a hand up in them getting their bonuses.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 4, 2009, 14:00 Hump

After 80 funerals should be a celebration of the persons life, not a time to cry. 100 is indeed cause for celebration.

She won. Period.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > New UT3 Renegade-X
1. Re: New UT3 Renegade-X Oct 3, 2009, 16:33 Hump

actually its the only version. This is the initial release.

For fans of the original Renegade multiplayer you need to try this out. The team has done a remarkable job with this mod. For a first release its very polished and playable.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > 3000AD MMOG Tease
44. Re: 3000AD MMOG Tease Oct 2, 2009, 07:50 Hump

I stll say an MMOG based off of Fred Pohl's "Gateway" series would rule.  

- Jim Goad

31. Re: 3000AD MMOG Tease Oct 1, 2009, 22:23 Hump

BTW, I have no doubt that Stephen put this post at the top of the page for sheer entertainment value.

Blue is polite, lucid and calm but I beleive he has a very twisted streak inside that head of his Allthumbsup

- Jim Goad

29. Re: 3000AD MMOG Tease Oct 1, 2009, 22:19 Hump

Black Prophecy probably will never see the light of day.

yeah, this is probably true. The studio contains some of the most uninspired Germans on the planet. Not that the game doesn't look great, it does, it's just that these are the same guys who made Neocron. A potentially great MMOG that ended up dying a long drawn-out death due to apathy on the part of the studio.

I hope I'm wrong because the game looks tremendous.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Planet 51 Online Announced
1. Re: Planet 51 Online Announced Sep 30, 2009, 23:32 Hump

The Nintendo64 called and.........  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior Movie Rumor
19. Re: MechWarrior Movie Rumor Sep 30, 2009, 18:18 Hump

I agree, MW would be better suited for an anime.

HUH?? that would be about as well received by hardcore Battletech fans as the Stars Wars Christmas Special was received by fans of that particular IP.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior Movie Rumor
4. Re: MechWarrior Movie Rumor Sep 30, 2009, 13:24 Hump

This rumor crops up every few years. Even if it does get made, I get the feeling it won't be done well.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 29, 2009, 11:42 Hump

I always thought water snakes were venomous.

lookit that, ya learn something new everyday. Scholar

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Study: Gamers "More Aggressive to Strangers"
6. Re: Study: Gamers "More Aggressive to Strangers" Sep 29, 2009, 11:38 Hump

no doubt this will be twisted into something that will defend anti-gamer rhetoric.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Revealed [Updated]
15. Re: Tactical Intervention Revealed Sep 29, 2009, 09:52 Hump

Blue, many of your articles have been very poor of late, it's getting worse, way too many mis-leading and error ridden articles for my taste. I have started transitioning elsewhere for my daily gaming news update.

Oh no mister 142 posts, we'll sure miss your input.

This comment was edited on Sep 29, 2009, 09:53.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Tactical Intervention Revealed [Updated]
3. Re: Tactical Intervention Revealed Sep 28, 2009, 20:29 Hump

How about someone simply making and graphically updated version of Global Ops?  

- Jim Goad

7493 Comments. 375 pages. Viewing page 49.
< Newer [ 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo