Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
San Diego, CA 08/21

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7474 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > Iron Grip: Marauders Announced
2. Re: Iron Grip: Marauders Announced May 13, 2010, 17:01 Hump

Warlords was a great multiplayer game but, unfortunately, no one played it.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
4. Re: Out of the Blue May 11, 2010, 14:02 Hump

Speaking of movies, I finally got around to watching "District 9" and was very impressed.

The story had depth, humor and poignancy. Unlike many films that depend on CGI for the "wow" factor, it didn't draw attention to itself. It was used exactly how CGI should be used. To make the impossible believable.

IOW it is exactly what true sci-fi should be.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Second Life Virtual Property Lawsuit
10. Re: Second Life Virtual Property Lawsuit May 11, 2010, 13:55 Hump

The larger question is "Who thinks SL is still relevant enough to *play it*"?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Rebellion Woes?
2. Re: Rebellion Woes? May 10, 2010, 21:19 Hump

Given the overall quality of Rebellions work, I'm surprised they've lasted this long.

Other than Rogue Trooper and their first Alien vs Predator game I can't think of any title of theirs that is memorable.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: Sunday Tech Bits May 9, 2010, 20:11 Hump

Using quantum interference – the vibrations of the atoms themselves – the team was able to run the complete discrete Fourier transform extremely quickly by encoding the inputs into an optically tailored vibrational wave packet which is then run through an excited iodine molecule whose atomic elements are oscillating at known intervals and picked up by a receiver on the other side. The entire process takes just a few tens of femtoseconds

uh....yes? Undecided

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site
43. Re: Games Workshop Sues Warhammer Fan Site May 9, 2010, 11:30 Hump

great way to encourage your fanbase....simply sue them.

This is the whole "protect it or lose it" bullshit argument that attorneys have established to keep their slimy selves in business.

There are countless ways to resolve issues like this without having to litigate but none involve getting scumbag attorneys an opportunity to fill their pockets from both parties.

Tort reform NOW.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Kotick: "No Choice But to Fire" IW Heads
8. Re: Kotick: "No Choice But to Fire" IW Heads May 6, 2010, 23:39 Hump

"we wish we could have convinced some of these incredibly talented people to stay."

yes, unfortunately they didn't fall into the little corporate automaton yes-men that organizations like yours demands. Kotick wants his ass licked clean and he demands a damn good job be done of it......

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Shattered Horizon: Firepower Released
11. Re: Shattered Horizon: Firepower Released May 5, 2010, 19:17 Hump

I liked it but the visuals kick my systems ass. I can run Crysis at nearly full-on but SH just chugs along.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > MechWarrior 4 Installer Coming
10. Re: MechWarrior 4 Installer Coming May 4, 2010, 17:28 Hump

I actually feel bad for these guys. They're trying to do the right thing but it looks like MTX wasn't ready for prime time.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Black Prophecy Closed Beta
2. Re: Black Prophecy Closed Beta May 3, 2010, 22:35 Hump

Cutter wrote on May 3, 2010, 22:34:
This looks like fun.

Yah. It has the visual fidelity of EVE (even better) but its more combat focused. Hope I get in the beta

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Free MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries Released
54. Re: Free MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries Released May 2, 2010, 12:47 Hump

you'd think Jordan Weisman, a multi-millionaire, would throw these guys a few bucks to get this thing off the ground.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PlanetSide Countdown
7. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 2, 2010, 12:43 Hump

Drezden wrote on May 1, 2010, 20:08:
I played Planetside in Beta and played at release. Was TrevellianC22 on the Konried server. C22 was one of the best outfits on Konried pre-Core. Half the CR5's on Konried were in C22 for quite awhile. Core made us quit though. BFR ='d not fun. When they were first added. Completely ruined the infantry and armor game.

Core had some cool ideas but design-wise it was annoying. I bailed shortly after and never got a chance to check out the BFR's. Plus the population started dwindling. Not being able to experience hundreds of players fighting side by side took away the whole reason I was attracted to it.

- Jim Goad

50. Re: Free MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries Released May 1, 2010, 20:18 Hump

just did a bit of checking.

The issue isn't MTX itself, its that the server supporting the system got hammered by 100k requests. They are now trying to set up something that will handle the demand.

Ya'll need to remember that these guys aren't getting paid a dime for any of this so be patient.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > PlanetSide Countdown
4. Re: PlanetSide Countdown May 1, 2010, 18:54 Hump

There hasn't been a game since Planetside that has the depth of tactical gameplay since its own inception. Sunday mornings watching an entire force of up to several hundred players per side with chain-of-command working like a well oiled machine was a sight to behold. Some of the best gaming I've ever experienced.

All I can think of is if they made the new one a little less sci-fi-ish it would succeed tremendously.

- Jim Goad

17. Re: Free MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries Released Apr 30, 2010, 17:33 Hump

Actually I found the MTX to be pretty stable with no spyware nor is it a memory hog.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > BF2142 Patch Still Planned
5. Re: BF2142 Patch Still Planned Apr 28, 2010, 19:42 Hump

Gotta hand it to DICE and EA, they are still supporting this.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Play BC2 to Unlock Medal of Honor M24
9. Re: Play BC2 to Unlock Medal of Honor M24 Apr 28, 2010, 19:40 Hump

Bought this and played it for a week and then lost interest. Not sure why since I loved the original.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Infinity Ward Exodus at 26
20. Re: Infinity Ward Exodus at 26 Apr 27, 2010, 17:05 Hump

I love the fact that, in the end, Activision will be on the losing end of this whole mess. They may have the IP but they don't have the manpower that made it great.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 23, 2010, 18:15 Hump

25 years????

Holy FUCK

I'm old Wreck

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
13. Re: Morning Mobilization Apr 20, 2010, 19:27 Hump

people are still believing that the phone in question was "lost"?

lol.

- Jim Goad

7474 Comments. 374 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo