Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Tom Landry

Real Name Tom Landry   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Hump
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description Stats: chain smoking, coffee swilling, overweight middle-aged male single dad with one 13 year old in residence.
Likes: games, cute Japanese chicks, milk duds, red meat, fresh bread, reading sci-fi, money, a good cigar now and
Homepage http://tjlandry.blogspot.com/
Signed On Jun 17, 2001, 15:14
Total Comments 7537 (Guru)
User ID 10137

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch
4. Re: PlanetSide 2 Celebrates Fifth Anniversary With a Patch Nov 20, 2017, 15:25 Hump

Its been 5 years.....ALREADY???

Ima gettin old.......old

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not?
10. Re: Why is Brink Now Free? Why Not? Aug 27, 2017, 20:46 Hump

I found Brink to actually be a pretty decent game. I didnt buy it at release because, frankly, no one was playing it.

Ill give it another go though. Free is.....well......free.

"Both the “left” and the “right” pretend they have the answer, but they are mere flippers on the same thalidomide baby, and the truth is that neither side has a clue."

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
51. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 27, 2017, 20:03 Hump

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 19:53:
Bwwwahahahaha there is nothing quite like the stench of triggered, angry Valve fanbois in the morning!

You know, I very rarely post here anymore but one thing thing others have mentioned is absolutely true......you're a pathetic asshole.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed?
23. Re: Half-Life 2: Episode 3 Story Revealed? Aug 25, 2017, 13:42 Hump

Citizen P wrote on Aug 25, 2017, 13:28:
I think Valve's opinion on HL has been stated a few times, in as much if the technology allows them to bring about a new experience they would release the game. As I recall the "technology" in HL1 was access to environment audio (Creative Labs EAX, I believe it was?) and some video card features that didn't exist before, and HL2 was released on their new Source engine and include physics gameplay. HL3? Probably existed to a point with 3D - and was decided that wasn't the right path. I'm okay with an unfinished story, at this point it's been so long.

Agreed but it just sucks because THIS is the IP that made me a died-in-the-wool PC gamer. Thanks to Marc Laidlaw this IP had a story like none other. It was true new wave science fiction without cornball dialogue that slammed you over the head to get its point across.

Heart = Broken

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Destiny 2 Trailer
12. Re: Destiny 2 Trailer Aug 16, 2017, 14:34 Hump

wait......whaaat? Where does "Blizzard" come into this?  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Crashday: Redline Edition Next Month
1. Re: Crashday: Redline Edition Next Month Jul 17, 2017, 23:01 Hump

This game had so much potential but when it came out it felt like an alpha version. If they can take care of the the problems from the original it should be a lotta fun.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Strike Vector EX Open Beta
4. Re: Strike Vector EX Open Beta Jul 9, 2017, 21:50 Hump

Suppa7 wrote on Jul 9, 2017, 06:42:
Hump wrote on Jul 8, 2017, 17:56:
The original demanded a huge amount of skill and reflexes. I tried for 2 days but I never got a single kill.

Brutal.

Indeed, I told them the controls of the ship were balls and they needed to go play some descent. The way the ship turned when you flew at high speed was gay. A game like that doesn't need pseudo-realistic physics it needs a physics that makes the game enjoyable.

Overload is made by the guys of the original descent, if you haven't checked it out keep an eye on it.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/448850/Overload/

I check the site every month. The tech demo they released felt SOOOO perfect. Unfortunately it looks like Fall 2017 is the earliest we'll see another release.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Strike Vector EX Open Beta
1. Re: Strike Vector EX Open Beta Jul 8, 2017, 17:56 Hump

The original demanded a huge amount of skill and reflexes. I tried for 2 days but I never got a single kill.

Brutal.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed
21. Re: StarCraft Remastered on August 14; Price Revealed Jun 30, 2017, 21:22 Hump

Yes, lets not give it away and please the fans who've made you THE richest gaming studio on Gods green earth.

Of course you couldn't make back your costs thru licensing at competitive events etc.

ugh.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Trailer
2. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Trailer Jun 23, 2017, 19:06 Hump

Hump wrote on Jun 23, 2017, 19:03:
Evidently NOT the "Hellblade" that Techland canceled (assholes)

Who's the "asshole"?

I AM!

Techlands game was named "HellRaid"

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Trailer
1. Re: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Trailer Jun 23, 2017, 19:03 Hump

Evidently NOT the "Hellblade" that Techland canceled (assholes)  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Mikey Neumann Leaving Gearbox
1. Re: Mikey Neumann Leaving Gearbox Jun 6, 2017, 23:51 Hump

Mike is a helluva talent. Kind of disappointing his leaving the games industry should've had a bit more fanfare.

in any case, your contributions to this hobby is immeasurable Mike, enjoy your next adventure. You will NOT be forgotten.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > ARK: Survival Evolved Update Adds New Content
2. Re: ARK: Survival Evolved Update Adds New Content May 31, 2017, 19:04 Hump

I bought this game, played it for 15 minutes and never touched it again......  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Vanquish Released
1. Re: Vanquish Released May 26, 2017, 16:43 Hump

Best summary is that its a Japanese take on Gears of War gameplay. Lots of silly fun.  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: Out of the Blue May 10, 2017, 17:21 Hump

Stephen, I do tub and tile reglazing. Give me a call if I can be of any help. Reglazing is a lot less invasive than putting in new tile.

Oh, and a whole lot less expensive.

Tom 401-617-1132

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Out of the Blue
26. Re: Out of the Blue May 8, 2017, 19:32 Hump

re: GothG2 ...I liked it as well but the storline got a little emotionally heavy at the end. I didn't expect to get teary-eyed at such a movie.

The balance of humor and action couldve been better. I dont like being emotionally manipulated.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve
14. Re: Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve May 2, 2017, 21:00 Hump

We've had HL3 for years, it's called Metro LL. It's pretty cool.

Great game, agreed.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve
12. Re: Chet Faliszek Leaves Valve May 2, 2017, 18:53 Hump

Marc Laidlaw, Wolpaw and now Chet.

Pretty much puts the nail in the coffin of getting a HL3.

This comment was edited on May 2, 2017, 19:04.

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Uncut Half-Life in Germany
15. Re: Uncut Half-Life in Germany Apr 28, 2017, 14:45 Hump

Germany...dont show blood but no problem showing all the titties and box you can handle.....  

- Jim Goad

News Comments > Prey System Specs
17. Re: Prey System Specs Apr 28, 2017, 13:36 Hump

Prez wrote on Apr 27, 2017, 23:00:
The head-scratching decision to call this game "Prey" aside, it looks like it has the potential to be good. Waiting for reviews/Let's Plays.

Their insistence to call this game "Prey" reminds when MS insisted that the FPS game be called "Shadowrun" when, in fact, it was nothing like the original. Shadowrun, while a decent MP game, failed due to labeling a well loved IP something that should never have been. Unless Prey is something amazing, I predict its imminent failure as well.

- Jim Goad

7537 Comments. 377 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

Blue's News is a participant in Amazon Associates programs
and earns advertising fees by linking to Amazon.

footer

Blue's News logo